PDA

View Full Version : +1 h/s and +1 m/s thresholds found!

bronislav84
08-20-2011, 06:19 PM
After playing with some of my gear I have come to the conclusion that Engineers gain 1 m/s at 143 int and 1 h/s at 150 int. These are the fist two thresholds where the class naturally gains h/s and m/s.

I can provide my exact gear for others to confirm. I'm wearing all Neutronic and iHelmet and I am level 23 with all points in int.

Starting with iHelmet and rest Neutron stuff, and Docx gun.

I'm unable to get 142 or 141 with any gear combination, but at 140 and below I still have 1 m/s. I obtain 143 int by changing to Limited Class 5 Holo-Plate Helmet, Neutron Vest, no back piece, Neutron Boots, Limited Class 5 Holo-Plate Sleeves, and no weapon. This gives me +1 m/s.

Adding Neutron Pack (+6 int) to the above setup gives me 149 int and I still have 1 h/s; so 149 is not enough. If I take off the Pack and put on The Foreman, I have 150 int and 2 h/s.

I hope this information is somehow useful to the Engineer community. Anybody who wants to confirm this with respecs or getting the same gear at the same amount of stat points as me, be my guest.

MaxxSteele
09-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Title is confusing.

Redbridge
09-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Title is confusing.

I didn't find it confusing? It's in the Engineer section, and states +1 thresholds.

What was confusing for you, as without that info Bronislav84 won't be able to consider whether amending title might be useful.

I'll get on SL in a mo and try to confirm the numbers. Cheers for the heads up.

EDIT: I can't replicate those numbers. Initial checks with wearing removing gear shows my thresholds to be 146/7 for M/S and around 160 for H/S. I'm thinking it's a bit more complexed than purely putting INT in. I'LL delve a bit deeper later as busy for the next few hours, but in the meantime take a look at Physiologic's thread which I think covers how it all works. Check the link in my sig for SL Stuff, it's in there under advanced guides.

Hullukko
09-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Are you guys sure the mana pool is integer? Or that the addition there is integer?

I mean, it's quite likely that the mana pool is floating point number just like pretty much every other stat related value is in SL.

What I mean by this is that it shouldn't matter much whether your mr is +1.97 per sec or exactly +2 per sec other that the 2 looks different in the stat page.

My 323 mana bar fills up in roughly 220s with my 130 int (lev 26) and +1 mr, compare that to your +2 and if it's not half then the threshold is for stat displaying only (just like damage
and other stats are). I can't verify that right now since I've dumped all int boosting gear. But I'm reasonably certain that the sunwalker suit I had (which must have taken my int above the threshold and thus mr to +2m/s) did not regenerate mana twice has fast as the explorer suit (which leaves my int to 130) does.

Redbridge
09-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Hullukko, I think you might be right. I suspect it's not an integer but just displayed as one.

I haven't had any time to look into this yet, very busy here. But I'll factor youR thoughts in when I eventually get round it it.

Feel free to test this all thoroughly though, anyone.

noneo
09-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Are you guys sure the mana pool is integer? Or that the addition there is integer?

It is not an integer number. He was simply pointing out that the threshold from going from a 1.xxx number to a 2.xxx number had been found. So we can then do calculations and speculate the actual point increase per level.

I really like your example with using simple time studies to count the regen per period of time. I will definitely do this in the near future and come out with a true point of M/S increase per level of attribute (INT, DEX, STR)