PDA

View Full Version : Why You Might Not Get Healed

JavaJax
06-16-2010, 04:29 PM
I've been in several PUGs lately where I've experienced some rude people yelling "OMG WTFBBQ HEALZ" or spamming "HEAL HEAL HEAL" over and over. It's been happening to me on my enchantress, and I've observed it happening to others on their enchantress characters when I am on alts. Frankly, aside from the rudeness of it, I think a thread is needed to help explain why you might not get the timely heal you need from an enchantress. These opinions are mine specifically, but I feel they might apply to others as well. I should also point out that this is geared mostly toward the 1-30 crowd, as I feel that the enchantress game changes slightly above level 30.

1) You have to understand that not every enchantress is a heal-bot. It's not why we were put into this game (I hope). Much like treating the mage like a water fountain in WoW was a poor way to get free water in town, treating the enchantress as a heal-bot in PL is bound to turn some people off to healing you.

2) Our survivability is almost nil if we rush in to where you're tanking, you lose aggro, and the mobs decide to have us for lunch. If you're expecting a heal, have the courtesy to come within range (or stay within range, as the case may be).

3) For some of us, healing is a big mana drain. Health pots exist in the game. Most of us use mana pots at lower levels to keep fighting and healing, and we expect you to use health pots from time to time, especially if we're clearing trash mobs and not fighting a boss.

4) Speaking of trash mobs, one or two well-spec'd and well-equipped enchantresses can make trash mobs a breeze, and if I'm in the groove with another enchantress (or by myself in lower-level dungeons), we rarely stop moving -- we just AOE everything in sight, and the other party members clean up the scraps. I feel like it's much more time-efficient and mana-efficient to do this than to stand around while everyone else single-target DPS's and I heal them. It's a preference thing.

5) If we're standing within sight of the entrance to the dungeon, please have the courtesy not to spam "revive please" ten times right after you die. I probably would have resurrected you, but now you've given me a reason to say I was distracted.

For the record, here are some other things to be aware of when grouped with an enchantress.

6) Sometimes the stuff hits the fan, and I'm one of the only ones left alive in a boss fight. Because I can solo any boss in the dungeons up to level 30 by kiting them, I expect you not to push the boss into me, effectively killing me, killing you, and resetting the boss ... especially if the boss has a sliver of health left and I'm about to kill him. Really, your few points of damage is not significant enough to throw away all of the work we've done burning him down.

7) When we're moving through a dungeon, unless you can AOE or otherwise handle the extra mobs you just pulled by going off in a different direction, would you mind not running them all back to us when we're engaged in a fight with ten more?

8) As an aside to the last point, can we clear the dead-end rooms as we pass them, instead of back-tracking once the dungeon is otherwise cleared out?

9) If you're going to spam your archer skill with the knockback, at least learn how to use it and don't stand 50 feet away from the mob.

10) Last, but not least, we don't need to know that you are AFK to "wipe" ... just that you're AFK will do fine. Yes, more people play PL on the toilet than people play other MMO's on the toilet, but let's try not to emphasize that with too many reminders.

Respectfully,
-JavaJax

PvP
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
I have respect for the enchantress and do agree with a lot of what you're saying...but sometimes it is rediculous on our part too. You guys are an essential part of the team, and the only character with a healing ability. Sometimes we'll be sitting there in a team of 5 and everyone has a sliver of health on a boss and the enchantress just keeps attacking or ignores us. That happens more often then not...However I am in no position to judge, and I do not intend on doing it. I'm just saying there are a few out there that could be a nicer benefit. On the most part though, we're glad to have you all around.

Xanthia
06-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I guess that is just personal preference for you, healing is solely all I play MMO's for! So, I look at it form both sides of the coin.

Aerospacegod
06-16-2010, 05:00 PM
If your expecting a mage to be a healer that should be discussed beforehand. I try to heal when I can but focus on damage.

Most annoying is people who die and expect me to go into a mob of 10 to revive them because they were biting off more than they were able. Or when a lower level person dies 20 times in an hour. At some point I just want to ignore them and play my game(I never boot unless there is a leacher who does nothing, even a low level can assist if they are smart)

Relis
06-16-2010, 05:16 PM
I guess that is just personal preference for you, healing is solely all I play MMO's for! So, I look at it form both sides of the coin.

Yea I agree with xanthia I have palyed many MMO's and I enjoy playing a support type toon. Your playing a glass cannon that can heal at the lower levels so I used my toon as a healer that used my spells as defense. However I also play a paladin and a bowchanter now at the higher levels so the game changes a bit at higher levels.

JavaJax
06-16-2010, 05:23 PM
You guys are an essential part of the team, and the only character with a healing ability. Sometimes we'll be sitting there in a team of 5 and everyone has a sliver of health on a boss and the enchantress just keeps attacking or ignores us.

Well, two points here. First of all, I agree completely with you. My healing comments, if you look toward the top, are geared toward trash mobs specifically. With the bosses, I expect everyone to do everything in their power to win -- and at this point, the enchantress can much more effectively contribute as a HEALER (and limitedly to crowd control with knock-backs), in my opinion. So we're in agreement there.

However, I also get annoyed when people die because they could have potted in that same situation but groan "ugh, a pot is 44 gold" ... I cringe whenever I see that.

I enjoy healing in other MMO's for sure. It's just an inexact AOE heal in PL right now, and until it's something more than that, I can't see myself really enhancing a team's usefulness under level 30 in any other role than making us go faster with AOE.

If your expecting a mage to be a healer that should be discussed beforehand. I try to heal when I can but focus on damage.

Most annoying is people who die and expect me to go into a mob of 10 to revive them because they were biting off more than they were able. Or when a lower level person dies 20 times in an hour. At some point I just want to ignore them and play my game(I never boot unless there is a leacher who does nothing, even a low level can assist if they are smart)

Totally agree on discussing it beforehand. Spamming "healz plz" over and over doesn't count, LOL.

I know what you mean about the reviving, too. I hate reviving people who were just too lazy to run back, when EVERYONE else did, and they're dead right at the boss's feet, triggering aggro on me when I rez. Then *I* die, and *I* have to run back. Grrrr, LOL.

jonboy
06-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Totally agree with op, also correct me if I'm wrong but healing also generates
aggro as well right with nearby mobs.

Aerospacegod
06-17-2010, 07:20 AM
yes it does

vulgarstrike
06-17-2010, 07:21 AM
I just spam heal and aoe attacks..

Addihul
06-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Preach it brother. So true

JavaJax
06-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Totally agree with op, also correct me if I'm wrong but healing also generates
aggro as well right with nearby mobs.

Preach it brother. So true

I appreciate the support. :)

FluffNStuff
06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
11) (or 12, 13 ...) Don't ask for a revive when we are near the spawn spot. That's just lazy.

JavaJax
06-17-2010, 03:00 PM
11) (or 12, 13 ...) Don't ask for a revive when we are near the spawn spot. That's just lazy.

LOL yeah, that's my #5 in my list. I've seen people just sit there, within SIGHT of where they'd respawn. It's a little annoying, and I hate to dismantle the good nature of a group by refusing them ... so I usually just res 'em.

FluffNStuff
06-17-2010, 03:12 PM
LOL yeah, that's my #5 in my list. I've seen people just sit there, within SIGHT of where they'd respawn. It's a little annoying, and I hate to dismantle the good nature of a group by refusing them ... so I usually just res 'em.

Can't believe I missed that in the OP. You win again, ADD!

JavaJax
06-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Can't believe I missed that in the OP. You win again, ADD!

Hehe, it happens.

Barbamitsos
06-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Dude I HAVE AN ENCHANTRESS and i know how fast heal regens so dont tell me
u cant spam heal! When i pvp i heal all the time and scores are 20-9 so u CAN HEAL and thats why i may wrote HEAL HEAL HEAL with my archer or bowbear. Get used to it. Ure enchantress=U must heal
thats our demijob anyway

JavaJax
06-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Dude I HAVE AN ENCHANTRESS and i know how fast heal regens so dont tell me
u cant spam heal! When i pvp i heal all the time and scores are 20-9 so u CAN HEAL and thats why i may wrote HEAL HEAL HEAL with my archer or bowbear. Get used to it. Ure enchantress=U must heal
thats our demijob anyway

I think we should make a distinction between what I was talking about (under 30 PVE) and what you seem to be talking about (PVP). Yes, heal "regens" quickly. It's also a mana drain at lower levels when that mana can be spent more effectively for AOE or other purposes. It's not that the Enchantress CAN'T or WON'T heal, it's more that many people have the attitude you have: it's our "job" somehow, and that it's acceptable to be rude when "demanding" that it be performed.

I know it's a bit of a TL;DR situation, but reading the entire content of my post might enlighten you as to my specific points and the circumstances under which I don't generally heal (level <30, trash mobs).

Respectfully, as always,
JavaJax

Barbamitsos
06-17-2010, 05:00 PM
I think we should make a distinction between what I was talking about (under 30 PVE) and what you seem to be talking about (PVP). Yes, heal "regens" quickly. It's also a mana drain at lower levels when that mana can be spent more effectively for AOE or other purposes. It's not that the Enchantress CAN'T or WON'T heal, it's more that many people have the attitude you have: it's our "job" somehow, and that it's acceptable to be rude when "demanding" that it be performed.

I know it's a bit of a TL;DR situation, but reading the entire content of my post might enlighten you as to my specific points and the circumstances under which I don't generally heal (level <30, trash mobs).

Respectfully, as always,
JavaJax

Dude either we want it or not thats our job. I have 22m/s regen so i have no prob castin spells andhealin. Just get used
to them and say nothing more../

Pleasure_Pirate
06-17-2010, 05:04 PM
I just hate when I'm playing my bow bear, and the enchantress is too busy using their auto attack to heal the tank. Honestly, enchantress auto attack really makes little difference compared to what the DPS is doing. The enchantress is primarily a SUPPORT class. Support with heals and buffs, and the occasional debuff/AOE. I've played games where we played three levels and the enchantress hadn't casted one heal spell. Yes, at this point I ask for a heal. If they continue without healing, I do get angry and flame a bit. Don't play the class if you're not gonna heal.

Barbamitsos
06-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I just hate when I'm playing my bow bear, and the enchantress is too busy using their auto attack to heal the tank. Honestly, enchantress auto attack really makes little difference compared to what the DPS is doing. The enchantress is primarily a SUPPORT class. Support with heals and buffs, and the occasional debuff/AOE. I've played games where we played three levels and the enchantress hadn't casted one heal spell. Yes, at this point I ask for a heal. If they continue without healing, I do get angry and flame a bit. Don't play the class if you're not gonna heal.

Being the best pala or one of the best i agree with u... I heal like crazy and i try not to et my m8s hp dow

JavaJax
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Dude either we want it or not thats our job. I have 22m/s regen so i have no prob castin spells andhealin. Just get used
to them and say nothing more../

What gear gives you 22m/s regen under level 30?! Wow, that's impressive -- I thought that was reserved for the end game.

I just hate when I'm playing my bow bear, and the enchantress is too busy using their auto attack to heal the tank.

Would it be appropriate, then, to tell you to strap on a shield and a sword and tank, and to put down your bow? In essence, would it be okay to tell you to "deal with it and play your class?"

If you notice, I'm talking specifically about trash mobs in an under 30 setting. It's disturbing that I have to keep repeating that.

Barbamitsos
06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
What gear gives you 22m/s regen under level 30?! Wow, that's impressive -- I thought that was reserved for the end game.

Would it be appropriate, then, to tell you to strap on a shield and a sword and tank, and to put down your bow? In essence, would it be okay to tell you to "deal with it and play your class?"

If you notice, I'm talking specifically about trash mobs in an under 30 setting. It's disturbing that I have to keep repeating that.

Lol u dony get it BOWBEARS NEED HEAL!! IF THEY GET HEALED THEY PWN!!! Lvl 40 thoth set gives me 22m/s which makes me pwn all for fun check pvp forum mrsbanana vs thelonearcher

JavaJax
06-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Lol u dony get it BOWBEARS NEED HEAL!! IF THEY GET HEALED THEY PWN!!! Lvl 40 thoth set gives me 22m/s which makes me pwn all for fun check pvp forum mrsbanana vs thelonearcher

This is extremely difficult for me to translate, but I'm doing my best. It's really hard to take you seriously when you talk like that.

I guess I misjudged you and gave you the benefit of the doubt when I assumed you actually read my post. I specifically excluded "end game" level 40 characters. Please at least read the post if you're going to criticize it. My post had nothing to do with what you're talking about: it had to do with trash mobs under level 30. It's sad that I have to keep saying this, but like I said: the TL;DR crowd needs a summary every so often.

vulgarstrike
06-17-2010, 09:45 PM
lalalalla.... paladins can heal too, and i spam that heal button all the time. but yes, i do understand your frustration, as i always experience the fact that other players disregard how they would feel in your shoes.

JavaJax
06-17-2010, 09:50 PM
i always experience the fact that other players disregard how they would feel in your shoes.

Yup. Basically, I look at it this way: if you're not performing the role that your group needs, then you'll probably have to find another group. Eventually, you won't find ANY good groups, and you'll either adapt or stop playing. 90% of the groups I'm in appreciate the AOE over the heals, and take care of their own health through pots. Basically, this post is about the very vocal (and sometimes not well articulated) 10% of groups that do wacky and annoying things, LOL.

vulgarstrike
06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
somehow it seems im always playing with those 10%..;

JavaJax
06-17-2010, 10:49 PM
somehow it seems im always playing with those 10%..;

Sheesh .. I know exactly what you mean. I've had a string lately myself. It's the same thing that's been shown in this thread, though: some people just have a block in their heads that you're never going to crash, drill, or power though, no matter how many methods you try, LOL. They'd prefer to do the whole "QQ nubsauce, l2play ur class n00b" than to see other points of view. Their experience is clearly the only one that matters. It takes all kinds, luckily, to make the world go 'round. ;)

Duke
06-18-2010, 08:49 AM
11) If you go running off on your own, don't come whining for "help" when you get yourself killed. Stick with the group, and you'll get better support.

12) On the other hand, if you're a level 10 playing Lost Expedition or the Swamps, it's not the enchantress' job to keep your sorry a** alive when you find yourself way over your head.

As far as "heal-bot" is concerned... if you're the only enchantress in the group, the other players are going to expect that you will spend some effort keeping them healthy. If you're not going to do that, it's better to let them know up front. If there are multiple enchantresses, then some chatter to define roles would be helpful, too.

JavaJax
06-18-2010, 10:13 AM
11) If you go running off on your own, don't come whining for "help" when you get yourself killed. Stick with the group, and you'll get better support.

12) On the other hand, if you're a level 10 playing Lost Expedition or the Swamps, it's not the enchantress' job to keep your sorry a** alive when you find yourself way over your head.

As far as "heal-bot" is concerned... if you're the only enchantress in the group, the other players are going to expect that you will spend some effort keeping them healthy. If you're not going to do that, it's better to let them know up front. If there are multiple enchantresses, then some chatter to define roles would be helpful, too.

Hehe. Your #11 is very similar to #7. ;) #12 is SO true.

I totally agree about being the sole enchantress. And I do toss a heal from time to time in tense situations, but for the usual damage from trash mobs, I reserve mana for AOE.

flaimdude
06-18-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm a good healer/reviver, and I expect the other members of my team to be good team members too. :) If they're not, then I don't usually hold it against them, but I remind them to do whatever their job is. ;)

Excellent post though. :D

JavaJax
06-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm a good healer/reviver, and I expect the other members of my team to be good team members too. :) If they're not, then I don't usually hold it against them, but I remind them to do whatever their job is. ;)

Excellent post though. :D

It's sometimes so hard to find a good PUG that when you do fall into one, the "Exit Game" option is heartbreaking. I'd love to see something like "Start Campaign Again" or similar.

Relis
06-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Woops Deleted this post was meant for another thread lol

JavaJax
06-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Well for me I guess it depends on what the new gear is? It will be hard to give up the 21 mana regen I spam threw skills and like to us magic shield too much!

I'm not 100% sure what you said here, but thanks for contributing nonetheless, LOL!

SamTheDog
06-18-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm kinda torn as to how I stand on your premise. As an enchantress, I was right there with you. I heal and buff as much as I can, but when someone is doing their best to kill themselves (and me with them) there's a limit to what I can do. At that point it's my first job to keep me alive and then I'll get around to you. Give me a chance, and I will fix what I can. I was getting pretty tired of the "heal heal heal". But then I started to catch my tank up with my healer and I see the same problem on the other side of the coin. I do my job. I pull aggro for the DPS and AOE attacks. I spam pots on bosses. I beckon and hell scream to save chanters when they pull aggro. I do my freakin' job. I'm burning mana like crazy and I can't get a heal to fix poison blast between mobs. Fine. Can't get a res while the elf strolls off to find another mob? Fine. Pull that stunt a couple of levels in a row, and I'm thinking about beckoning the next mob on top of that witch.

I guess at the end of the day, there's always going to be someone in a PUG that doesn't care how the team does as long as they farm a pink or two out of it.

JavaJax
06-18-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm kinda torn as to how I stand on your premise. As an enchantress, I was right there with you. I heal and buff as much as I can, but when someone is doing their best to kill themselves (and me with them) there's a limit to what I can do. At that point it's my first job to keep me alive and then I'll get around to you. Give me a chance, and I will fix what I can. I was getting pretty tired of the "heal heal heal". But then I started to catch my tank up with my healer and I see the same problem on the other side of the coin. I do my job. I pull aggro for the DPS and AOE attacks. I spam pots on bosses. I beckon and hell scream to save chanters when they pull aggro. I do my freakin' job. I'm burning mana like crazy and I can't get a heal to fix poison blast between mobs. Fine. Can't get a res while the elf strolls off to find another mob? Fine. Pull that stunt a couple of levels in a row, and I'm thinking about beckoning the next mob on top of that witch.

I guess at the end of the day, there's always going to be someone in a PUG that doesn't care how the team does as long as they farm a pink or two out of it.

I'm glad you shared the point of view of a tank with some brains behind the brawn. Love the humor sprinkled in, too. Excellent addition to this thread. :)

Spudboy
06-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Because nobody has time to spam "kill faster!" & "crowd-control smarter" when they are pounding the heal button.

Some healers suck. Some killers suck. It's just far tougher to spot the latter.

Barbamitsos, you're too l33t for me.

jerryguevara
06-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Everything basically winds down to mana regen and well aggro as well. I have a lvl 40 paladin with full thoth and 25 mana regen per second so I am okay with being a heal bot and doing significant damage as well. So when u hit 40 i suggest reroll to paladin and u wont have any of these "mage" problems. But you are totally right because there are many low level characters who DO pull loads and cant handle them so they lure them to the mage, who is probably attacking already a mob of 5, and expect the mage to: 1. Heal, 2. Revive, 3.Completely own everyone or else they call u horrible mage and they spam alot. so yea agreed.

Cascade
06-21-2010, 04:14 PM
I agree with the first post. I was just playing with a guy who was like cmon! Over here! Revive me! And we were in the middle of fighting Bastet so we had our own trouble even staying alive.

Violentsaint
06-21-2010, 07:13 PM
@ javajax i have taken the time to read your post and everyones replys and i totaly agree with you, sure mages can heal, but they wernt put in the game to just be free health pots and rez people that think they can solo bosses. theres health pots in the game for a reason, and if you deside to chose a class that cant heal itself, you better get used to buying them, low level mages have to spend their money on mana pots, so if low lvl mages have to contantly keep spamming mana pots just to keep the team alive, eventually their gonna run out of pots, and the whole teams screwed.

basicly the only time i heal is if im geting attacked and i need to, if your smart enough to stand near me, you will reap the benefits of a full heal or close to it. if you run off and try solo a bunch of mobs, im not gonna be able to kindly ask the bunch of mobs that are attacking me to stop while i run over and rez the dumbass stupid enough to get killed.

basicly, mages dont apriciate being heal bots, we enjoy doing aoe and getting kills to, and we dont appriciate the "wow, thanks for the heal..jerk" when u need a rez

just my 2 cents :)

JavaJax
06-22-2010, 10:16 AM
So true, Violentsaint, so true. Thanks for your two cents. :)

v5point0
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Another reason why I hate using my Mage - you become some Heal/Revive fool.

Elffy
06-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I hate when people skip the dead end rooms only to have to go back.

Violentsaint
06-22-2010, 08:02 PM
I hate when people skip the dead end rooms only to have to go back.

lol completely off topic but so true, DAMB U MEGA MAZE!

Dizko
06-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I hate when people just say;

"Heal"....
"heal"...
"Rev"...

Arghhh!!

I'm not even an Enchantress and I still feel your pain.

tjornan
06-22-2010, 09:55 PM
I hate it wen ppl do that... i just run out of range.... then i heal! ;) then i say "there"

Monqi
06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
i dun play as healer nor a enchantress, but i noe how they feel. if you wanna get heal stay within the range and if you wanna kite or run then dun expect them to chase u juz to heal u~

I was once playing with a group and there was a 2h warrior was not heal in time and died. wat he do was rude to the enchantress saying : "u suck, you suppose to heal me" I'm not sure if that time he was out of range or wat but my thinking was... "hey pal, is your red potion for decoration?"

well that was wat i think that they are doing their job is just that certain point of time there might be some issue that cause not not able to heal in time? perhaps cool down~?

Duke
06-23-2010, 08:17 AM
I hate when people just say;

"Heal"....
"heal"...
"Rev"...

Arghhh!!

I'm not even an Enchantress and I still feel your pain.

It's even more fun when the lone enchantress is asking birds and bears for revs...

FluffNStuff
06-23-2010, 11:12 AM
It's even more fun when the lone enchantress is asking birds and bears for revs...

I always feel awful when I see that.

Duke
06-23-2010, 01:34 PM
I always feel awful when I see that.

Awful? I feel like shooting them with my bow for sheer stupidity. A shame PvE doesn't allow that.

FluffNStuff
06-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Awful? I feel like shooting them with my bow for sheer stupidity. A shame PvE doesn't allow that.

A high level, yeah, but some noobs don't realize only the chants can revive.

Furrawn
06-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Even as a paladin, I keep one eye constantly on the health of my team. I, personally, do feel that I have some responsibility to keep them alive & well...despite the fact that as a paladin, I can do more damage than a pure enchantress. I see healing as part of the role of choosing anything that's even part enchantress. Only maybe a few times have I ever had anyone ask me to heal them. I watch their health all the time- even when I'm playing the tank (unless a pure enchantress is on board- then I just heal when she cannot or needs help)....

I played a game last night w my archer bear who is lvl 36. TWO full campaigns and neither enchantress was healing anyone ever. They did revive people but only when they were the only ones left and the boss had too much life for them to kill him. I finally requested a heal. First time I had ever done that. Not that it mattered, neither healed me.

My take is this- each TEAM member has strengths. One of the greatest strengths an enchantress has is healing, in my opinion...

I do however hate when someone leaves the group, wanders off to the middle of nowhere, dies, and then expects me to revive them when they are nowhere near the group. "REV PLS" & "REZ PLZ" are annoying when the player is nowhere near....

I think a lot of it boils down to personal preferences like xanthia said... And that any kind of preference for playing will work with the right team... I do think most people probably consider healing part of what an enchantress (pure or hybrid) brings to the table so if it's a new group, they should be warned at the beginning not to expect healing...

JavaJax
06-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Excellent contributions, everyone. Furrawn: I don't know if you missed this in the beginning, but my comments were for content under level 30. Over level 30, there's really no excuse for not dropping heals on the party -- everyone should have enough M/s to make it a non-issue.

Furrawn
06-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey, Java:)

I did understand... For me, heals start the moment I have 1 skill point in heal... I think most people expect healing before an enchantress is lvl 30... But, I think it's fine not to before lvl 30, as long as the play group knows not to expect it... Actually, I love seeing all the differences in the way everyone plays...

BTW, Java, when you mentioned how people work through the map... I feel the same-- I never have understood people who don't do the off-to-the-side one rooms as they play through the level. They have to go back and find the room at the end. I used to think it was newbies, but I even see lvl 40's doing it... And it's not farmers... Why skip a room & have to go back ltr?

JavaJax
06-24-2010, 12:04 AM
BTW, Java, when you mentioned how people work through the map... I feel the same-- I never have understood people who don't do the off-to-the-side one rooms as they play through the level. They have to go back and find the room at the end. I used to think it was newbies, but I even see lvl 40's doing it... And it's not farmers... Why skip a room & have to go back ltr?

Honestly, I suspect it's group-think. Psychologically, people see someone run off in a stupid direction, and they think "Ok, let me save this idiot's butt" ... one sheep runs, then two sheep run, and before you know it, it's a stampede. Then, since no one wants to double back at that point, they just march on.

You might be AMAZED at how you can actually INFLUENCE this behavior by running off in the "right" direction RIGHT AFTER the last mob dies .. or even a little bit before. In fact, if you really want to test it, run BACKWARD and sometimes the entire party will follow you.

Bottom line is people look to a leader, and running off in a random direction sometimes constitutes "leadership" in this game, since we're not always big on communication.

Furrawn
06-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Honestly, I suspect it's group-think. Psychologically, people see someone run off in a stupid direction, and they think "Ok, let me save this idiot's butt" ... one sheep runs, then two sheep run, and before you know it, it's a stampede. Then, since no one wants to double back at that point, they just march on.

You might be AMAZED at how you can actually INFLUENCE this behavior by running off in the "right" direction RIGHT AFTER the last mob dies .. or even a little bit before. In fact, if you really want to test it, run BACKWARD and sometimes the entire party will follow you.

Bottom line is people look to a leader, and running off in a random direction sometimes constitutes "leadership" in this game, since we're not always big on communication.

Very true...
I find this to ESP be the case if I'm playing my paladin & she's in a tank/healer role...
And/or when playing with friends...

But in a motley crew of unknowns, there are often multiple folks trying to lead which can lead to two or three different fighting groups which leads to that thing you mentioned in the original post about doofusses (doofussi?) who come running back to the group bearing the gift of a 20+ mob w Boss... Lol

I LOVE this game... So many possibilities....

Staffed
06-25-2010, 09:17 PM
amen to that

bmc85uk
06-25-2010, 09:22 PM
From level 1-40 I think I heard someone asking for heals once....

Naughty lazy enchantresses...

Away
06-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Awesome thread man.
I'm a bow enchantress and i'm usually the one taking down huge mobs and spamming spells along the way, until someone runs in only to get killed, and starts flaming me for not healing.
Why would i heal you when you're out of the range, expecting me to chase you in?
Some people just have to learn to not rely on every enchantress and just use pots- don't expect us to chug at our mana pots just to keep you alive if we're clearly not a support enchantress

Nouda
06-28-2010, 02:58 PM
i have not had anyone yell at me for not healing but i get yelled at when i do not revive them immediately. the only time i will not heal if i see it is needed is when the lvl 10 comes into swamps or something way higher than they should be playing.

FluffNStuff
06-28-2010, 03:26 PM

Building a Bird so I was in a lower level game with this L16 Enchantress. He kept typing revive and I thought it was a joke because I was the only one there. When I didn't revive him, he kicked me out of the game. All in all, it was really funny.

Furrawn
06-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Building a Bird so I was in a lower level game with this L16 Enchantress. He kept typing revive and I thought it was a joke because I was the only one there. When I didn't revive him, he kicked me out of the game. All in all, it was really funny.
Omg ROTFL LOL :D

Hopcount
06-29-2010, 10:00 AM
I enjoy healing but it annoys me when people are spamming "heal, heal, heal." We know what we are doing so let us do our jobs.

Snakespeare
07-02-2010, 03:33 PM
There are two sides to this discussion.

I won't play with people who let their fellow players die and then have to run all the way back through the level to catch up. After it happens twice, I leave.

Healing pots cost 700 for 25, and I have found that I use them like an addict because so many enchantresses (who only have to push the green button to restore our hit points) are too busy shooting and slashing to be bothered watching the party's red lines.

Clearly they do not understand this game.

The balance is based on a division of skills between three different character types. Bears hack and slash. They regen quickly, but in a boss fight, they will die, leaving the enchantresses to fend for themselves. Then the enchantresses die, too, and they all have to run back through. And it could have been so easy just to push the green button.

So my reply to "why you might not get healed" is "why you might see bears leave the group frequently!" Personally, when I am playing a healer, I consider it my responsibility to keep the others from dying.

As I say, there are two sides to this discussion.

FluffNStuff
07-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Healing pots cost 700 for 25,

Check out the Mage on the East side of town. She sells 100 potions for 1500 bucks. Thats 15 a pot instead of 28. Mages really need to only buy in bulk.

Kingofthebear
07-02-2010, 07:18 PM
My alt is a lvl 29 bowmage, so I have had similar experiences. My favorite bit comes with people who won't walk when you, the only mage, dies.

If there's no one else left to rev you, guess what...if I have to walk, so do you. There's nothing lazier than a person who stays dead for the exact same amount of time they would have spent walking, just so they don't have to do it themselves. I've had this happen a couple of times, and if I tell them to walk and they don't, when I get back to them I just keep on walking LOL; lesson learned.

Theremin
07-03-2010, 01:29 AM
I don't mind healing on my enchantress. I do mind dying as a result of stupidity.

Snakespeare
07-03-2010, 11:28 AM
I was playing my enchantress today and I was so busy paying attention to the rampaging bear's health that I didn't watch my own health and twice had to be revived during boss fights. Darn, that was dumb! LOL!

Luu52
07-16-2010, 08:40 PM
i always heal and resurrect higher level players but i hate it when i go in just to resurrect and a boss kills me :(

VGG
07-27-2010, 09:46 PM
I was playing my enchantress today and I was so busy paying attention to the rampaging bear's health that I didn't watch my own health and twice had to be revived during boss fights. Darn, that was dumb! LOL!

This happens ALL the time for me!
I wish my health/info was next to my teammates.. I should think those few cm wouldnt matter but they truly do..

First I would like to say I heal/revive anyone within distance of me.. except if I am down to only 1 pot of mana then I will start being selective..

I also agree with almost everything in this thread! I dont mind people saying "heal" or "Reviv" once or twice as long as it isn't being spammed.. Because it helps me locate them since the balloon will appear above their head.. I HATE having to find dead players with dead enemies strewn everywhere! I generally just look at the map for a few secs and see who 'isnt' moving anymore.. lol

~ When people expect you to immediately heal them in the middle of a fight and you are frantically trying to stay out of the way of the boss while reviving someone.. I have died mid-revived MANY times.. This is particularly hard when the boss can basically kill you in one or two hits.. Someone complained that I was a 'lousy' healer because I couldn't heal them between those 2 hits.. I can only do a heal every couple seconds after all..

One thing I find annoying is when Im just restarting at a lower level and they are expecting you to constantly heal/revive them.. Down here (aka very low lvl of 1-6)I do NOT have that much mana to share.. ALL of the money I earn is going towards healing YOU! I dont see archers/bears giving me anything in return or atleast nothing a group of healers couldn't do on there own (and more cheaply for us)! So a little appreciation is nice.. And I need to buy a few extra health pots myself incase i get caught between healings.. This no longer applies after awhile since we can afford to splurge on others..

One REALLY annoying thing happened earlier.. I had just restarted and was teammates with a low level archer.. He kept running right up to them and shooting them in the face and then standing there getting hit over and over.. He has a bow.. He can shoot them from a distance! I told him to run away when they start their attack and you wont get health taken away but he completely ignored me.. I immediately stopped healing him.. Im not going to keep healing you if you arent playing intelligently.. If it was a bear of course I would have kept healing they are 'supposed' to get up close..

Ive had someone request a revive a few steps from the spawn spot.. seriously?

ohh.. And I just wanted to share.. We Enchantress' could just play without either of the other types.. Numerous times I have played with an all enchantress' party and we did wonderfully! Best part was no one had to die and no one healer had to watch over the rest.. It was GREAT!!! We dont have to be only support characters..

Yardsalez
07-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Hehe i loved how you mentioned mages on wow im a lvl 80 mage an ppl on wow think of me as a vending machine and also ive seen a lot of pl ppl complaining about not getting heal. Just say if you dont like it get out (:

Kurlz
07-27-2010, 11:51 PM
i understand all points on this one seeing as i have a lvl 22 enchantress and a lvl 27 warrior, and if i know i can handle it, i tend to tank with both of them...most people think that a mage class player is automatically supposed to heal and res every 30 seconds...no...i focus mainly on attack and if someone needs healed or revived, ill do it when i get around to it...i play with more of an attack based style than support based (though i do have 4 or 5 points on my heal skill).

Kurlz
09-02-2010, 07:14 PM
lol completely off topic but so true, DAMB U MEGA MAZE!

still off topic, i figured out the other day how to do mega maze without any unnessesary doubling back...then i went to a group of lvl 20-30s who just ran wherever...all were warrior except me, the enchantress...i went the right way off the bat before anyone moved, and they all went the opposite way...i took out the whole first section of the map bh the entrance in about two minutes...they died in about one minute...and again went the other way to die again...i didnt even see them till i got to the room with dead eyes, where i decided to wait for them, which took about 5 min. but we killed dead eyesneasily after i buffed them, dead eyes out of the way, they left again...they all died about 8 times during the lvl, while i died once...i laughed at them...

ShadowsCP
09-03-2010, 12:06 AM
I play a Talon Bird and a DEX/INT Enchantress. I pretty much agree with all your points except one.

9) If you're going to spam your archer skill with the knockback, at least learn how to use it and don't stand 50 feet away from the mob.

Archers have two skills that knockback. Avian Scream and Repulse Shot. Avian is short range and doesn't knockback that far. Plus, I don't think it works on bosses. Repulse is single-target and the knockback is also fairly short. With my Talon Bird, if I use Repulse point blank, the enemy is still within my attack range.

Enchantresses are far more guilty of careless knockbacks. Firestorm has a much bigger range and further knockback than either Archer skill. I've been playing through AO1 to level my Archer and I've seen so many careless knockbacks. Enchantresses knocking bosses into a group of mobs way behind it. I've seen 2 Enchantresses hit Firestorm at the same time. The knockback effect stacks and consequently the boss gets sent flying away, more often than not, resulting in the boss resetting.

People have to realize bosses will reset if no one is near them/attacking them. Half the time, the boss is being tanked by a Warrior or being kited by me. There was no point to the knockback. At best a careless knockback can result in a boss reset. At worst, a party wipe.

Arterra
09-05-2010, 02:14 PM
as enchantress, i try to help people out AFTER they die. they have pots, i have pots, whatever. the lagg of healing might be too late, take initiative.
What really bugs me however is that if i die the resident enchantress just keeps on going, and AFTER the battle im revived. its as simple as clicking revive while autoing, and that little bit of mana you could use to use a damage would be better of letting someone back in to do more damage themselves. I revive with pleasure, others should be prudent as well.

Nitrazepam
01-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Not sure how old this thread is but when Iread the OPs post i lold and just had to post my 2cents out of pure frustration. You either don't understand the enchantress or play on a phone. Seriously I hit the heal button every 3seconds regardless of anyone health. I play on the ipad and it's so much of a habit now I don't even think about it. I have 4toons and recently made another Mage. I can solo almost every dungeon myself. This game isn't hard. If your an enchantress n a dungeon at any level you should be hitting the heal button every 3 seconds. Not only does it give you health it also negates harmful effects. Aka freeze in lost expedition. Ever run lost and there is 3 mages just standing there frozen and no one heals to unfreeze them lol it cracks me up. If you cannot afford to spam pots in a free game that drops plenty of gold even at low levels you need to stop playing and find a new game to play. Even if people are a full health spam healing acts as a buff to any incoming damage and you will find yourself in much more successful groups. Birds and bears love nothing more than to have a Mage heal them. If you cannot heal and aoe at the same time please just reroll to a bird. You will do the legend community a favor and eliminate 1 more useless Mage from the game. Your post OP makes no sense because really what your saying is that you are an inexperienced gamer that can't afford free and easy pots to keep your mana up when spamming heal. Aka N00B IMO. If you want to see how to play a Mage from 1 to 30 let me know I will give you lessons. If you don't want to learn please don't make a fool of yourself as a Mage and not hit the heal button because lol " you pulled aggro" or lol " I'm too busy aoeing" l2p PL

JaytB
01-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Not sure how old this thread is

it's about 6 months old. It died peacefully... Until today :)

Nitrazepam
01-04-2012, 08:42 AM
it's about 6 months old. It died peacefully... Until today :)

Hehe (:/ I still think its pretty funny though

csb
01-04-2012, 02:12 PM

I don't mind rev'ing someone near the spawn spot. No big deal... very little mana is used. It's just a habit that people expect a rev.

What I hate is when someone shouts "HEAL HEAL HEAL". I will quit the group when I get that message. I know my job. I don't spam "TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT" when I am getting hit. I don't PM the bird with a message like "why aren't you killing things faster?"

EDIT: oh... i see this is an old thread. lol

superme
01-05-2012, 08:42 PM
That is very true.

superme
01-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Mages r too busy fighting so they can't heal 24/7

crestmage
01-11-2012, 12:10 AM
3) For some of us, healing is a big mana drain. Health pots exist in the game. Most of us use mana pots at lower levels to keep fighting and healing, and we expect you to use health pots from time to time, especially if we're clearing trash mobs and not fighting a boss.

That is seriously soooo very very wrong...:(
If u feel that way then i have to say that ur far from being a successful mage. But if ur a low lvl then yes its applicable. If not....

Megami
01-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Not sure how old this thread is but when Iread the OPs post i lold and just had to post my 2cents out of pure frustration. You either don't understand the enchantress or play on a phone. Seriously I hit the heal button every 3seconds regardless of anyone health. I play on the ipad and it's so much of a habit now I don't even think about it. I have 4toons and recently made another Mage. I can solo almost every dungeon myself. This game isn't hard. If your an enchantress n a dungeon at any level you should be hitting the heal button every 3 seconds. Not only does it give you health it also negates harmful effects. Aka freeze in lost expedition. Ever run lost and there is 3 mages just standing there frozen and no one heals to unfreeze them lol it cracks me up. If you cannot afford to spam pots in a free game that drops plenty of gold even at low levels you need to stop playing and find a new game to play. Even if people are a full health spam healing acts as a buff to any incoming damage and you will find yourself in much more successful groups. Birds and bears love nothing more than to have a Mage heal them. If you cannot heal and aoe at the same time please just reroll to a bird. You will do the legend community a favor and eliminate 1 more useless Mage from the game. Your post OP makes no sense because really what your saying is that you are an inexperienced gamer that can't afford free and easy pots to keep your mana up when spamming heal. Aka N00B IMO. If you want to see how to play a Mage from 1 to 30 let me know I will give you lessons. If you don't want to learn please don't make a fool of yourself as a Mage and not hit the heal button because lol " you pulled aggro" or lol " I'm too busy aoeing" l2p PL

I agree with you 100%. I too spam heal every 3 seconds regardless of my and my party's health. The only thing that really bothers me is that everyone demands a revive... Hardly anyone says please. And I play on an android phone... So I don't understand what your point was there?

XghostzX
01-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Hmm I agree with you to certain extenses here. First off I'll just say if anyone spams you like that, mute them. As a mage, it truly is your duty to heal your teammates. Of course don't spam heal, play what makes it fun and comfortable to you.

Mikeylito
01-13-2012, 12:39 AM
if you dont get healed by me its probably because i feel you dont deserve a heal.

AbsolutePally
01-15-2012, 08:10 AM
^ lol ^
Awesome teamate there. Always looking out.

Arterra
01-15-2012, 08:48 AM
makes me sad that I was the last post on this old thread xD
dont let it happen again...

Miner
01-15-2012, 09:27 AM
I have multiple end game characters for each class and I can tell you from my experience that a bird is the main damage dealer, the bear is the tanker who gathers mobs and keeps aggro off other players and the enchantress is the one that keeps others alive. This may be just my opinion but what is fact is you will not do more damage than a bird and evidently admitted will not charge in like a bear...then what are you there for? If your just solely attacking your just as good as a bird a good 10 or more levels under in the party using a enter anywhere elixir.

EDIT: Whoa, this is an old thread o_O

XghostzX
01-15-2012, 10:44 AM
I have multiple end game characters for each class and I can tell you from my experience that a bird is the main damage dealer, the bear is the tanker who gathers mobs and keeps aggro off other players and the enchantress is the one that keeps others alive. This may be just my opinion but what is fact is you will not do more damage than a bird and evidently admitted will not charge in like a bear...then what are you there for? If your just solely attacking your just as good as a bird a good 10 or more levels under in the party using a enter anywhere elixir.

EDIT: Whoa, this is an old thread o_O

Birds are better single target damagers while mages are better AOE damagers, they have multiple skills that can hit more than one target at a time. A mages critical damage along with it's main damage and spell damage adds up a lot, so don't be thinking that birds are over powered.

If you're concerned about how mages can't tank, try finding a thread on paladins (strength Mages).

Miner
01-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Birds are better single target damagers while mages are better AOE damagers, they have multiple skills that can hit more than one target at a time. A mages critical damage along with it's main damage and spell damage adds up a lot, so don't be thinking that birds are over powered.

If you're concerned about how mages can't tank, try finding a thread on paladins (strength Mages).

Hey, thanks and it's and interesting point you've made but I would disagree that it isn't always the case.

Firstly, they by all means can tank just as a bear or warbird, but both birds and mages lack the ability to pull mobs into one corner and bears ideally do this as they have skills to stun and keep aggro off all players. Also, typically when farming at shadow caves or such, I as one of my birds find all the bosses targeting me despite there being mages who are also 66. I may be wrong but I thought s/he who does the most damage is targetted by the bosses. If this is true, my blast shots, screams and roots would have done more damage to all the bosses than the mages with their multi-target attacks.

Also, I would make clear that end-game mages are overpowered, not birds. Their set ridiculously provides the same armour as an end-game bear only lacking the dodge and the critical of an end-game bird making them formidable in PvP. At 1-30, which the OP was referring to, they are much less powerful and are mainly good for healing.

However, this is regardless of the actual topic - mages are the only ones who can heal other players and it is a norm by other characters that you do. If you are annoyed by this expectation, especially at level 1-30 as the OP said, I would just play another class.

Anyway, as I'm new to the forums, I would like to make clear this is an opinion and not an argument, thank you for your input also. :)

XghostzX
01-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Hey, thanks and it's and interesting point you've made but I would disagree that it isn't always the case.

Firstly, they by all means can tank just as a bear or warbird, but both birds and mages lack the ability to pull mobs into one corner and bears ideally do this as they have skills to stun and keep aggro off all players. Also, typically when farming at shadow caves or such, I as one of my birds find all the bosses targeting me despite there being mages who are also 66. I may be wrong but I thought s/he who does the most damage is targetted by the bosses. If this is true, my blast shots, screams and roots would have done more damage to all the bosses than the mages with their multi-target attacks.

Also, I would make clear that end-game mages are overpowered, not birds. Their set ridiculously provides the same armour as an end-game bear only lacking the dodge and the critical of an end-game bird making them formidable in PvP. At 1-30, which the OP was referring to, they are much less powerful and are mainly good for healing.

However, this is regardless of the actual topic - mages are the only ones who can heal other players and it is a norm by other characters that you do. If you are annoyed by this expectation, especially at level 1-30 as the OP said, I would just play another class.

Anyway, as I'm new to the forums, I would like to make clear this is an opinion and not an argument, thank you for your input also. :)

1.) Well yes, mages/birds don't have the ability to pull- they don't have the skill. That's why in PvE, players don't realize variety of classes is very useful and teamwork is vital. Every class plays it's role towards end game. I guess I'm thinking more of PvP because that's where I get my excitement. PvE is strictly team based (unless you have the best gear and always 4x pot each round). PvP is a whole different aspect when it comes to individuality.

2.) Yes, the crafted level 65 lilith gear is completely OP. Different gear for different classes should focus on one key, distinct/useful stat (Critical damage for example). Mages are not just useful for healing. I can go in to a lot of detail, but there are several threads on how to use a mage effectively as a damage user in both PvP and PvE. In fact, some of the top players in PvP are mages.

3.) Most players (to me) never are really asking to be healed. If that's the case, just heal them. If they constantly spam heal just mute them. I love my heal, if players want to be healed tell them to go make a mage.