PDA

View Full Version : Armor+h/s in pvp?

Superdexme
08-21-2011, 03:49 AM
The difference between my conqueror vyxn helm and the vyxn helm of legend is 2 armor and 1h/s....is 2 armor a big deal in pvp or is that an insignifact number ty

JaytB
08-21-2011, 03:56 AM
The difference between my conqueror vyxn helm and the vyxn helm of legend is 2 armor and 1h/s....is 2 armor a big deal in pvp or is that an insignifact number ty

At end game pvp, or anything higher than lv15 or so, I'd say it's insignificant :)

TANKKAAR
08-21-2011, 04:06 AM
One of them offers a higher hit% doesnt it... Honestly I depends on your play style IMO. I personally always go for dodge, hit%, and crit before armor :-)

JaytB
08-21-2011, 04:35 AM
One of them offers a higher hit% doesnt it... Honestly I depends on your play style IMO. I personally always go for dodge, hit%, and crit before armor :-)

Yeah, it's not really that huge of a difference...

Vyxnaar helm of legend:
7 str, 1 dodge, 3 hit, 2h/s, 2 dmg, 12 armor

Conqueror's Vyx:
7 str, 2 dodge, 4 hit, 2 crit, 1 h/s, 2 dmg, 10 armor

So yeah, difference should be very minor IMO :)

CrimsonTider
08-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Yeah, it's not really that huge of a difference...

Vyxnaar helm of legend:
7 str, 1 dodge, 3 hit, 2h/s, 2 dmg, 12 armor

Conqueror's Vyx:
7 str, 2 dodge, 4 hit, 2 crit, 1 h/s, 2 dmg, 10 armor

So yeah, difference should be very minor IMO :)

Looking at the stats, I agree with Tank on this. The higher dodge, hit, and crit would be my preference. But as Kungfu said, it can also depend on playstyle, pvp level, and character you are playing with.

Elyseon
08-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Yep I like conquerors way more

Zerious
08-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Imo, if one decides to go warbird or riot bear at lvl 25-30, conqueror's would be beneficial, since warbirds rarely get hit anyways, and riot bears throw their opponents around so it hard to land a combo on them. If you're going 2h pally, the extra armor and regen could keep you from being combo'd to death.

At least this is how i do it. All up to the player, really

noobmigo
08-21-2011, 12:24 PM
I would definitely go for legend.

The armor will help you survive the mage nuke.

Zeubermensch
08-21-2011, 02:17 PM
For Mage I'd go with more regen. Bird more crit and hit%. bear IMO should have more regen. The amor doesn't play that much of a role to effect the bear, so more regen. After a fight I find myself waiting to regen health and mana for a minute, with my bear and bird.

Bunnyshoota
08-21-2011, 03:19 PM
isnt how armor works like this?(correct me if im wrong)

every point of armor subtracts 1 point of damage, but there is a minimum that ur opponent can deal. (im not sure if its applied before a crit or after)
So IMO 2 armor wont help u survive a nuke mage

Zerious
08-21-2011, 04:46 PM

every point of armor subtracts 1 point of damage, but there is a minimum that ur opponent can deal. (im not sure if its applied before a crit or after)

it will especially as a 2h

Fatpigwarrior
08-22-2011, 05:53 AM
I'd go for dodge to evade....

Ellyidol
08-22-2011, 05:55 AM

In simple terms, yes I would say that is how you calculate damage. I'm certain it's actually way more complicated than that though, not to mention all the minimum stuff.

Zerious
08-22-2011, 11:13 AM
In simple terms, yes I would say that is how you calculate damage. I'm certain it's actually way more complicated than that though, not to mention all the minimum stuff.

armor in pvp subtracts 90% of your armor in damage

ie: 50 armor blocks 45 damage, 100 armor plocks 90 damage, 10 armor blocks 9 damage. 49 blocks 44 damage (because the game always rounds fractions down)

Ellyidol
08-22-2011, 11:28 AM

ie: 50 armor blocks 45 damage, 100 armor plocks 90 damage, 10 armor blocks 9 damage. 49 blocks 44 damage (because the game always rounds fractions down)

Interesting. Thanks for this :)

Zerious
08-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Interesting. Thanks for this :)

hehe i see a light bulb goin' off :D

JaytB
08-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Indeed, very interesting. Can I ask you were you got that info from? Or did you test it yourself? And if yes, how did you test it? Please, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say you made it up or anything like that. I'm just genuinely interested to know how you found that out :)

Zerious
08-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Indeed, very interesting. Can I ask you were you got that info from? Or did you test it yourself? And if yes, how did you test it? Please, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say you made it up or anything like that. I'm just genuinely interested to know how you found that out :)

it was a combination of testing with birds and bears (armor drops and damage increses) and of physio's recordings. I believe it's very credible :) oh and the devs said something about a 10% armor reduction in pvp, that's when we tested to see what they meant

Ellyidol
08-22-2011, 11:39 AM
it was a combination of testing with birds and bears (armor drops and damage increses) and of physio's recordings. I believe it's very credible :) oh and the devs said something about a 10% armor reduction in pvp, that's when we tested to see what they meant

Hehe nothing for the PvP situation now, just something to keep in mind until PvP changes and next update comes :)

JaytB
08-22-2011, 11:39 AM

That's the cool thing about the forums, you learn something new every day. Thx for sharing that info :)

Zerious
08-22-2011, 11:41 AM
That's the cool thing about the forums, you learn something new every day. Thx for sharing that info :)

subject to change like elly said :) I'll be on top of it once the update is made. Need to hit Parth up about testing that.. >.>

JaytB
08-22-2011, 11:53 AM
subject to change like elly said :) I'll be on top of it once the update is made. Need to hit Parth up about testing that.. >.>

If you ever need a crash-test-dummy, I'd be happy to help :)

Zerious
08-22-2011, 12:00 PM
If you ever need a crash-test-dummy, I'd be happy to help :)

heheh alright thanks :)