PDA

View Full Version : Why is Exitium a featured iOS game for the very thing SL is supposedly delayed for?

shannong
08-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Hey Spacetime Studios, did you know that a Minoraxis game (Exitium - Saviors of Varnia), which is currently a FEATURED game in the iOS AppStore, has the equivalent of the "shared platinum" that is supposedly the reason that Apple keeps rejecting SL and delaying it's release to us iOS gamers?

You might want to have a stern talk with your Apple rep, or perhaps escalate your submission to a higher level...

Here's the in-game screenshot to prove it:

Conradin
08-21-2011, 10:12 AM
And the plot thickens.

Kakatoa91
08-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Wth...
How come they can... :eek:

Ellyidol
08-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Not just featured, but why is it even in the AppStore.

JaytB
08-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Wow! Just... Wow!

I'm really curious how this wil turn out. Maybe it's a game that is not available in all the AppStore's worldwide. Idunno, I'm just guessing here. I really can't think of another thing right now :/

Arterra
08-21-2011, 10:59 AM
It's not the same, but it was what I hoped STS would do.

Before platinum was automatically updated on all games with every use. This game doesn't do that. You must manually upload some "coins" to the server so you can download them on a different game.
Basically you can transfer your Plat from one game to another.

Redbridge
08-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Nice find.... For info it is available in the UK/Europe app store.

Maybe STS are fully aware of this and thats why its taking so long to approve because they have been having the back & forth arguments with Apple about why they are rejecting SL in iOS for the exact same functionality that other iOS games have built into them.....maybe?

EDIT: Arterra, if that is the case then there is hope for the future yet then...

Zaltiar
08-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Is this game on the android markets as well?
Maybe Apple just doesnt want to share their money with android. tch

JaytB
08-21-2011, 11:18 AM

I think you might have a point there. Rather than sharing profit, It could be that Apple is afraid for security issues though.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-21-2011, 11:44 AM

I agree they would lose lots of money. Thats why there doing it.

Kakatoa91
08-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Those games r not available on Android market. Just checked.

Okay so its not totally same situation.

bronislav84
08-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Apple doesn't like sharing profit with Android. It's official. Since you'd be transferring from one game to another, and it's half on Android, the "money" would be in Apple's pocket sometimes and Google's other times. Or it would be on an iOS device when you paid for it on Android or five versa. There are people that play on more than one device. I don't, some do.

shannong
08-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Apple doesn't like sharing profit with Android. It's official. Since you'd be transferring from one game to another, and it's half on Android, the "money" would be in Apple's pocket sometimes and Google's other times. Or it would be on an iOS device when you paid for it on Android or five versa. There are people that play on more than one device. I don't, some do.

That hasn't hurt other games such as Shadow Era. Everything you just said could apply to that game.

Tvis
08-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Shannong, your reputation just got higher! Very good find indeed.

bronislav84
08-21-2011, 07:33 PM

That hasn't hurt other games such as Shadow Era. Everything you just said could apply to that game.SE is on iOS? Then why is Apple only cracking down on SL? I feel sad for all you iOS people.

TANKKAAR
08-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Apple really doesnt need to worry about "losing money" just read this article....lol... They're are just greedy!

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-29/tech/apple.cash.government_1_ceo-jobs-apple-cash-balance?_s=PM:TECH

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/29323_1494831497630_1439342236_1281531_907393_n.jp g

Zaltiar
08-21-2011, 08:16 PM
yeah thats one of the reason I couldn't understand why STS had to make in game money game specific for Android phones as well,
since they were only having problems with Apple. But then I thought, if it was only game specific in iPhones, ppl could probably get an android phone/ loan from a friend and just
transfer some from one game to another without having to spend another dime. guess apple's just being rotten. all pun intended.
Its like STS is the parent and Apple and Android are the children,
because Apple was being a crybaby about this issue, Sts had to do something about it.
All the while, Android just sitting, watching at the back, laughing at this situation.
hohoho

bronislav84
08-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Android got screwed over by this too. We have to deal with the app specific plat from now on too.

Anyway if they made it shared and merged if you loged in from an Android it would be too complicated to not share it again when you were on iOS. I think that's why they had to do it for both, because it has to be specific on iOS and would have to ne separated each time.

Of course this makes no sense to those who play ONLY on Android, as our plat could always be shared (What would happen with those whose plat got duped as Justg explained if you charged from the web? Would we get plat from both games merged and end up with more than we started with combined?), but the problem comes from how it would have to be split in the STS iOS database and create problems for the server databases.

Basically lots of math and bookkeeping their server has to do.

Kakatoa91
08-22-2011, 03:42 AM
I think what we r missing are the actual numbers of people playing PL on IOS and Android.
Also the number of players who have paid for platinum thru appstore, credit card,...
(Also need to compare with other paying games PL types)
Those could help us understand better the situation. :confused:

All that I can imagine is that apparently the number of people who spent cash must be quite high aswell the total amount for Apple.
And they r thinking if they paid that much for PL they will too for SL. So let them rot their plat in PL and let them buy again a lot for the new game.

Its not about sharing with Android or whatever, just how to milk more or keep on milking their consummers. And Sts is a good cow for Apple. :)

Apple has stable base of buyers and will keep it anyway.
Dont forget that iphones/pod r high end products and expensive in their categories.
So those r consummers with high spending potential.
The pad1&2 are still the highest numbers of tablet sold. Android ones r still far, but theyll catch on soon.
Appstore is still unmatch in quality.
Android on the other hand have no flagship. Too much choices that you lose yourself. They r all struggling. Nothing consistent.

Simply put Ios+appstore are making money for Apple while Android+Amarket=no cash for other Phone/tablet companies.
Whos the winner now, what company has more cash in reserve than USA lol.