PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware!

Hankomachos
08-21-2011, 01:47 PM
So I was searching the cs today when I came across some sai's being sold for heaping prices. Now any sai that's above level two can be bought by an npc named slim in fathom crypt. Please don't buy these because you can buy 'em for a fraction of what people are trying to sell them for. Also I don't want to name names if you don't mind me doing so. http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa344/idonthaveone4/1313951129-picsay.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa344/idonthaveone4/mail.jpg

Hankomachos
08-21-2011, 01:47 PM
oops bottom pic didnt turn out well. :rolleyes:

Mothwing
08-21-2011, 02:40 PM
I think this thread has already been posted. If youre posting it because you or a friend has been scammed email support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing the (at) with @. Thanks!

SUPAPRODIGY
08-21-2011, 02:50 PM
I think this thread has already been posted. If youre posting it because you or a friend has been scammed email support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing the (at) with @. Thanks!

Yeah i didnt even know those existed anymore

Mothwing
08-21-2011, 03:00 PM
They do :) just hardly anybody knows about them. Thats why its such a great item for scammers

Roc
08-21-2011, 03:04 PM
I appreciate the reminder nonetheless :encouragement:

KingFu
08-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Sais, colored Scimitars, heavy maces, etc. are all sold by NPC's. Many people know about it by, but it used to be people thought they dropped in ao1 (the sais) I believe there are a few threads on this already though:)

Hankomachos
08-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Sais, colored Scimitars, heavy maces, etc. are all sold by NPC's. Many people know about it by, but it used to be people thought they dropped in ao1 (the sais) I believe there are a few threads on this already though:) heavy maces, huh? yep, i know a person that sells them for 20k or so. LOL! Some people,eh?

Hankomachos
08-21-2011, 03:21 PM
I think this thread has already been posted. If youre posting it because you or a friend has been scammed email support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing the (at) with @. Thanks! :O its been posted already? oh well, as long as the message gets across. :)

noobmigo
08-21-2011, 03:30 PM
heavy maces, huh? yep, i know a person that sells them for 20k or so. LOL! Some people,eh?

Yeah, they used to be discontinued, worth quite a bit, IRC.

Then the devs brought them back.

A couple people were very upset.

Cytokinesis
08-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Then the devs brought them back.

A couple people were very upset.
Lol

Mothwing
08-21-2011, 04:04 PM
It can or might not be a scam. It depends on the seller and the intention of the buyer. If the seller is buying low from NPC's and selling high to the community, thats not right and would be considered a "scam". If he was just uninformed about the price, (although idk how this could be unless he, too was scammed) it was just a simple mistake and the seller should be informed and should change the price.

Asaciuacor
08-21-2011, 04:38 PM
i dont think thats a scam, thats a way to make money

Hankomachos
08-21-2011, 04:51 PM
i dont think thats a scam, thats a way to make money have you not any sympathy for the uninformed? :P anyways im just TRYING to keep people from blowing money on something they can buy for next to nothing. Looks like im not doing a good job,eh? lol :concern:

Whirlzap
08-21-2011, 05:50 PM
There was this guy who spam-sold these sais qnd when i told him he was a scammer he said he got scammed himself.

KingFu
08-21-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't think it's a scam. It can be an uninformed puchase, but it can also be bringing it to the customer. If you go to Disney land, the waters are 10X more than the ones at the store a few blocks away, but no one is gonna go to the store to buy one, they'll just buy it there if they're thirsty and overpay so they don't have to leave and come back :p

Whirlzap
08-21-2011, 06:39 PM
David this isn't Veggie Tales, this is the real world...in a pocket.

Hankomachos
08-21-2011, 06:41 PM
this is crazy! a goa dosent mind a poor soul losing gold for an item thats worth like 2k??? im sorry, not trying to flame...but REALLy? :grief:

Hankomachos
08-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Obviously this thread hasn't helped anyone. Feel free to lock devs. :)

Register
08-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Umm..I don't think that was the intention by the poster. He's just saying that it might not be a scam and pointin out why.

Hankomachos
08-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Umm..I don't think that was the intention by the poster. He's just saying that it might not be a scam and pointin out why. how do you think the seller got his hands on the item theyre trying to sell? by buying it! and if we're talking aboot sais, maces, or whatever other item is purchasable via an npc im pretty sure they know its not worth 20+ k gold. now if (not knowing the price) the seller originally bought the mace, sai etc. from the cs and then decided to sell it then thats another story but if the seller knows its worth then trys to resell it for 10x the money then thats a scam. I'm done arguing, we all have our opinions and points of view and im leaving it at that. I'm going to play pocket legends! :)