PDA

View Full Version : Spears and apparent "loss" of other weapons at 50+

bronislav84
08-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Why are there no spears after a while? They're only in AO content then no more. I've always wondered this. It's like the Devs put the weapon in the game then took it out. There's no spear set for level 50 and there's no spears in the sewers. Aren't there supposed to be more weapon options as you level, not less?

Int weapons start as staff only, then as you level up there's wand/shield, then dual handed slicers (Which also don't exist outside of SC).

Dex weapons start as bow only, then as you level up there's daggers, thrown weapons, big bows, dual daggers, and guns, which also disappear as you start sewer content.

Str starts with giant swords then gains various weapons and has the largest selection. The odd thing is that there isn't a SC set for some of them, a bunch also vanish in the sewer, and there's then no set for them.

Spear is arguably the best str weapon because it has the biggest melee range and could give endgame bears a little less to be sad about, which is why I started this thread with spears. Would be nice to have more weapon consistency for options for all classes. Removing weapon options makes me wonder why they were introduced if they were just going to be taken out, anyway.

Hopefully this thread about another inconsistency will get serious support and not people trying to be funny. And without Flow trolling it, which was just mean but I don't hate him cause he's otherwise cool.

Conradin
08-21-2011, 08:02 PM
There's Lumonus harpoon at 50- and there arn't sets with every type of item. In sewers there's no 2 axes either, so they just change the items around. I be we will see spears at 55+ though in the next campaign. If anything I believe there should be more int weapons. Maybe guantlets (ice, fire, dark, lightening)

I do love spears though, I was always a shocklance fan, and I used harpoons until I could get rift. Spears have the break armor proc- which is sick.

Ellyidol
08-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Yay! Someone else other than me asking for bear changes! :)

I don't remember ao2 shock lances that well, since I barely PvP'd and had time to use them before ao3 came out, but why exactly did bears get nerfed at ao2?

Conradin
08-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Yay! Someone else other than me asking for bear changes! :)

I don't remember ao2 shock lances that well, since I barely PvP'd and had time to use them before ao3 came out, but why exactly did bears get nerfed at ao2?

With a zuraz lance, a bear could actually own at top lvl pvp before the nerf. It was a ton of fun. Lances did amazing 1h damage, and the break armor proc, so they owned. Put on thoth gear (before it was nerfed) and you would be set. Idk why bears were nerfed- I thought they wear fine at the time.

Ellyidol
08-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah but how did they fair against the ranged opponents?

What did they nerf exactly on bears?

IMO, the weapons have downgraded.

Shock lance was the best, next a good 2H (best currently), then nothing in sewers.

TANKKAAR
08-22-2011, 12:40 AM
I hope to see more melee weapons with procs in this next update :devilish:

Ellyidol
08-22-2011, 03:35 AM
Maybe we could get a melee whip!

I agree!

Circus = Whip and Chair.

Vampires = ? Claws and twilight book?

Tamino
08-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Vampires = ? Claws and twilight book? Wooden stake? Garlic Axe? Sunlight Sword?

<edit> Real vampires are expected to die with Twilight book/DVD exposition?

Ellyidol
08-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Wooden stake? Garlic Axe? Sunlight Sword?

<edit> Real vampires should die at Twilight book/DVD exposition?

LOL!

Sunlight sword seems way cool. Like how those vampires in movies die, all burned and stuff. A sword that sort of looks like that.

Cahaun
08-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Lol. If only I had a Dragonlance...:rolleyes:

superglut2
08-22-2011, 01:56 PM
we cant have all the items in sewers, we'd have to have new campaigns, i wouodnt want a spear or a gun in the sewers, whats the point? vampire id love to see guns and throwing spears or normal cause it fits to the campaign.