PDA

View Full Version : Kiting

NYCFanMan
08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
What is kiting? And how do you do it?

bronislav84
08-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Abusing you having range against a melee opponent, whether PVE or PVP.

PVE it's strategy. PVP it is apparently unfair.

razerfingers
08-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Kiteing is using common sense in pvp as well as in pve in pvp you use your distance(like your supose to in pve) thats why they made bows and if you're a pro people get mad at you and boot you haha thays my 2 cents worth im trien to learn how to kite myself

Mennddoza
08-21-2011, 09:35 PM
It's fun and it can really piss people off. It's hilarious

Nick41324
08-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Just use a snowball against melee people :P

Kingofhurtz
08-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Strategy. 'Nuff said ;)

Zaltiar
08-21-2011, 11:13 PM
I'd say kiting is fair for us birdies, though I don't do it myself. And yes, it is a strategy, I mean, if we didn't kite, we'd die in an instant fighting bears lol.
Kiting is fine, just don't do it excessively.
Just don't kite to run from a fight.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Ellyidol
08-21-2011, 11:15 PM
I'd say kiting is fair for us birdies, though I don't do it myself. And yes, it is a strategy, I mean, if we didn't kite, we'd die in an instant fighting bears lol.

I actually know a few birds that are practicing fighting bears without even moving, yet do it very successfully. So yes, kiting is a good tool against bears, but bears have tools against kiting too, so the problem is elsewhere.

Zaltiar
08-21-2011, 11:26 PM
I actually know a few birds that are practicing fighting bears without even moving, yet do it very successfully. So yes, kiting is a good tool against bears, but bears have tools against kiting too, so the problem is elsewhere.

Bear: beckon
Bird: repulse shot
Bear: dead.
Lol I joke,
Meh I haven't pvp-ed on my 56 bird for a while, been addicted to my 15 bear and so lol, guess its time to practice before the new updates :)

Ellyidol
08-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Lol I joke,
Meh I haven't pvp-ed on my 56 bird for a while, been addicted to my 15 bear and so lol, guess its time to practice before the new updates :)

That's one option.

Some birds do Blinding first, if they get that in, Beckon or any other skill is more likely to miss. Birds just root twice or push back if ever we get to close. Bear = dead :p

Not to mention if they're using a Recurve, blind proc.

Buddyf97
08-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Kite on twinks and you will be unstoppable! I made a lvl 16, slapped on an xbow, and got a 7 k/d only doing 1v1! It's crazy good if you got the right build and know what u r doing...

In lvl 55 a bear should learn his 12m and beckon asap. Then lay down a hellscream, throw in a slash to spice it up and stomp em! One hits unshielded mages and birds sometimes... If all else fails keep the stun going or get the heck out if there! Another strategy is for a bear to stay about 13m away from the bird til their combo is done, then the go in for the kill...

Zaltiar
08-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Kite on twinks and you will be unstoppable! I made a lvl 16, slapped on an xbow, and got a 7 k/d only doing 1v1! It's crazy good if you got the right build and know what u r doing...

In lvl 55 a bear should learn his 12m and beckon asap. Then lay down a hellscream, throw in a slash to spice it up and stomp em! One hits unshielded mages and birds sometimes... If all else fails keep the stun going or get the heck out if there! Another strategy is for a bear to stay about 13m away from the bird til their combo is done, then the go in for the kill...

Haha i use a lvl 15 dex bear twink.:)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Unxtoxic
08-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Yes, kiting is a excellent strategy for birds. Also to all those people who get upset about birds kiting I always say "are we suppose to just stand there and let you hit us?" that always shuts them up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUPAPRODIGY
08-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Snowball greatest i believe you wont believe how many times ive been booted hahaha

Jedispartan
08-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Yes, kiting is a excellent strategy for birds. Also to all those people who get upset about birds kiting I always say "are we suppose to just stand there and let you hit us?" that always shuts them up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree ;)

GELLIO77
08-22-2011, 03:12 AM
SUPERPRODIGY can i ask who ''whitelazer'' is?

Whirlzap
08-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Lol I joke,

Nah, it's more like this:
Bear: Beckon
Bird: Repulse
Bear: OH **** *boots* bird

LADYHADASSA
08-22-2011, 08:57 AM

There is a big difference from kiting to running, kiting is a skill used for survival, running is agitating.. An example I was in a 1v1 with a mage, her drain missed so she laced her nikes and began to run across the map.. the funny aspect of this is..when a player runs the chaser is regenerating skills.. so when the runner is caught they get hit with a full deck of skills..end result death.. MAJOR DIFFERENCES IN KITING AND RUNNING..

(my all time favorite is the hoodini effect get to the runner and they poof from the game only to re enter and rush because they where loosing..)

Heroelite
08-22-2011, 09:36 AM
It's not that hard personally when i'm getting kited. I am a level 26 dual spec bear so sometimes i use my demon claw and str shield, and sometimes i use melee weapon for more damage. At the start of the battle i just freeze them with hell scream and use some debuffs, then beckon stomp combo knocks them way far. Then i switch to my talon set real fast and takes them down :)

Zaltiar
08-22-2011, 10:35 AM
There is a big difference from kiting to running, kiting is a skill used for survival, running is agitating.. An example I was in a 1v1 with a mage, her drain missed so she laced her nikes and began to run across the map.. the funny aspect of this is..when a player runs the chaser is regenerating skills.. so when the runner is caught they get hit with a full deck of skills..end result death.. MAJOR DIFFERENCES IN KITING AND RUNNING..

(my all time favorite is the hoodini effect get to the runner and they poof from the game only to re enter and rush because they where loosing..)

Lady, i never said kiting=running :),
I just know some ppl that kite and when their health runs low, roots and kites till theyre out if range to heal themselves.
Then they come back and ninja the other poor guy.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

XghostzX
08-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Abusing you having range against a melee opponent, whether PVE or PVP.

PVE it's strategy. PVP it is apparently unfair. False, it's not necessarily used against melee opponents and it is fair after all because it is a skill. I'm a pally and ill kite archers in order for them to miss a blast or shot. It's all timing and knowing your distance, and you never want to run in the process of kiting just maintaing a good distance from the opponent. In the event of running however players will get mad at you and you should not be surprised at all if this happens.

StompArtist
08-22-2011, 10:51 AM
If someone is getting hurt = kiting.
If no hits are landed = Running away.

cmangalos
08-22-2011, 10:52 AM
for me kiting is the best tactic on level 10-15 pvp,
normally level 10 -15 pvp depends on crits and hit ratio, and only pink users or level 15 artisan or expert user win, but kiting is a very good strategy.
pvp is more on good timing and perfect strategy..,

Zerious
08-22-2011, 11:48 AM
kiting is an ancient tactic used. I did it back then, I still do it today. People will be haters but there's a way around EVERYTHING... except people who get kited are usually 90% p/o therefore too mad to figure it out...

Conradin
08-22-2011, 11:54 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32764-PvP-Etiquette

Zerious
08-22-2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32764-PvP-Etiquette

and bingo was that mofo's name, bro