PDA

View Full Version : MM set vs RR recurve

Mkcecil
08-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Which is better for leveling in your opinion, I got recurve but am thinking of selling and getting MM set but is it better for survivability than RR recurve? Please help me!

Ellyidol
08-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Recurve. You have pots in PvE for survivability anyway. Not much to survive from in PvE really, especially if you time your buffs well.

Mkcecil
08-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Recurve. You have pots in PvE for survivability anyway. Not much to survive from in PvE really, especially if you time your buffs well.

Oh true but I sometimes die alot in sewers when trying to kill, as like I pull aggro from tank when he's pulling them...could be I'm hitting to early :/ but do you think recurve has more survivability? Than like mega Mage or enchanted (to poor to buy custom or enchanted sets) lol

Ellyidol
08-22-2011, 02:23 AM
I think MM would have better survivability than RR, especially if it's a bracer set :)

I've always liked offense rather than defense in PvE though, unless I'm planning to fully tank only.

Tamino
08-22-2011, 03:23 AM
MM has better survivability, Enchanted much more (and Enchanted recipes aren't too expensive, you can craft MM). RR damage is unbeatable, but it is an expensive set for a mage, because of high mana consumption.

Mkcecil
08-22-2011, 03:51 AM
So MM set (would wanna buy wand/bracer) is better survivablility but RR set better damage by far? I'm using RR set right now (with recurve bow :D) and how much is MM set with bracer/wand?

Hate picking between damage or little more survivability :/ it's hard to pick :(

Ellyidol
08-22-2011, 04:02 AM
So MM set (would wanna buy wand/bracer) is better survivablility but RR set better damage by far? I'm using RR set right now (with recurve bow :D) and how much is MM set with bracer/wand?

Hate picking between damage or little more survivability :/ it's hard to pick :(

MM Wand/Bracer definitely has better survivability than RR. RR is superior in damage because of your Blessing of Might + RR crit is well over 100 (I think), making all of your attacks crit. That's huge damage output :)

Hmm, let me try and make it an easier choice.

Would you rather have a good survival set and focus on getting better at an offensive type gameplay or a good offensive set and survival type gameplay? :)

Mkcecil
08-22-2011, 05:00 AM
MM Wand/Bracer definitely has better survivability than RR. RR is superior in damage because of your Blessing of Might + RR crit is well over 100 (I think), making all of your attacks crit. That's huge damage output :)

Hmm, let me try and make it an easier choice.

Would you rather have a good survival set and focus on getting better at an offensive type gameplay or a good offensive set and survival type gameplay? :)

Hmm... Well with RR right now I'm focusing more on defensive fighting and staying at a distance which is ok but sometimes I wanna go offensive and just run in guns ablaze xD but would the damage from my wand and spells make up for the lose in damage from bow and 100% crit spells? Kind of a toss up :/

Just wanted to add a tank you for all the help your giving me aswell :) it's a real eye opener on the different sets :)

Ellyidol
08-22-2011, 05:05 AM
Hmm... Well with RR right now I'm focusing more on defensive fighting and staying at a distance which is ok but sometimes I wanna go offensive and just run in guns ablaze xD but would the damage from my wand and spells make up for the lose in damage from bow and 100% crit spells? Kind of a toss up :/

Just wanted to add a tank you for all the help your giving me aswell :) it's a real eye opener on the different sets :)

From what I've experienced, a wand/bracer setup definitely brings a noticeable damage dealt and received reduction.

I'm not quite sure how much your crit would be if you had a dual spec int/dex mage with a MM Staff set + a 6 BoM. 70-ish crit I think?

If that's the case, I'd suggest you use an MM set for mobs, while an RR set for the boss. 100 crit on a boss is definitely way more effective than a 100 crit rate on mobs. In my opinion, you shouldn't need to invest in a wand/bracer set if you learn how to play PvE well, most especially if you have a good tank in front of you ;)

And not a problem, I've had my experiences in choosing sets as well :)

friedkimchi
08-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Since you already have the RR set, just stick with it and go all the way. If you're not doing xp runs, you should be able to collect most of the equips needed for MM set from the countless runs you make in Sewers.

If you're able to get your hands on some gold, get both sets. Be dual spec.
Take a look at my thread, 109% Critical, where I compared the skill damage when using a Custom Recurve set vs an Enchanted Staff set.

Link here>>>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30225-109-Critical!

Now I'm back to Pure INT, using Enchanted Wand/Bracer set for mob clearing and Enchanted Staff set for boss. I miss the insane 100%+ critical.

Another plus point for being pure INT is the money saved from not buying potions, if that's a concern. I could just about survive on 25/25 health/mana pots while I was using Custom set. On my INT set, 25/25 is all I need.

Ellyidol
08-22-2011, 05:28 AM
Perfect thread for this kimchi, thanks :)

The skill damage difference doesn't seem so bad for the 30 extra critical in my opinion.

JaytB
08-22-2011, 06:39 AM
I tested skill dmg on pure int compared to dual dex/int mage a while back. I thought it could be useful here, so here are the results..

Everything was tested unbuffed and without rings:

Pure INT with enchanted Staff set:

lightning: 308-438
fire: 321 - 434
drain life: 355 - 498
heal: 132-269
crit: 11
dps: 227

Int/Dex with enchanted staff set:

lightning: 302-406
fire: 309- 399
drain life: 339- 454
heal: 109-220
crit: 10
dps: 232

Int/Dex with RR:

lightning: 270-366
Fire: 275-358
Drain: 305-412
Heal: 102-206
crit: 41
dps: 275

Int/Dex with Custom:

Lightning: 262-357
Fire: 267-350
Drain: 297-404
Heal: 102-206
Crit: 47
dps: 266

edit: critical hit for pure int was 10 instead of 11 :)

edit2: It's a real feat to keep a mage in dex gear alive IMO. Definitely need a more careful play style as compared to pure INT or dual in INT gear. You'll draw almost all agro, and have almost no dodge. BOV and Magic shield need to be timed perfectly, while the +40armor of BOV doesn't really help that much IMO

XghostzX
08-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Mega mage has a better survival rate. People say dex mage has a quicker burst of damage than a pure mage, but it drains your mana with no mana regen (unless you don't mind burning pots) Preference though.

Herozheng
08-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Since you already have the RR set, just stick with it and go all the way. If you're not doing xp runs, you should be able to collect most of the equips needed for MM set from the countless runs you make in Sewers.

If you're able to get your hands on some gold, get both sets. Be dual spec.
Take a look at my thread, 109% Critical, where I compared the skill damage when using a Custom Recurve set vs an Enchanted Staff set.

Link here>>>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30225-109-Critical!

Now I'm back to Pure INT, using Enchanted Wand/Bracer set for mob clearing and Enchanted Staff set for boss. I miss the insane 100%+ critical.

Another plus point for being pure INT is the money saved from not buying potions, if that's a concern. I could just about survive on 25/25 health/mana pots while I was using Custom set. On my INT set, 25/25 is all I need.

haha , i change from enchant staff set to custom bow set , never use MM wand set , i never run out of mana base on the drop rate , and in custom bow set i fell way more powerful , also with custom auto bow i enjoy fight in pvp then staff set (btw i can kill 2 wand mage at same time) . and you say you save the money from the potion , but after i go custom hybrid i sold my enchant staff set for 2m+ .and i share this set and ring with my bird and my dual bear , sold all the other pink gears , don't need buy any thing any more save up 10m gold before new expansion , so who is the smart one on save gold & plt?

BTW , i like kimchi .

Mkcecil
08-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Looks like I should stay with RR recurve because the damage is better for bosses and I'm use to playing a more survival style...to bad I don't got an extra 1m to buy custom recurve lol but thank you guys for all the help it's fantastic!