PDA

View Full Version : Seriousley... Mute for this word?

LADYHADASSA
08-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Ok this is crazy players can cuss a storm using creative lettering yet the word turd can not be used.. Is this a cuss wod in another language? I was aksed what i said i even broke it up t.....u.....r....d got a second mute, i have to say that unless this houses some other meaning this by far is not offensive in comparison to the many many other ways peeps gross players out often without provication.

Are there other simple words i need to be aware of

This is NOT a place i want to see peeps post cuss words but are there other general non explisit words not to use?

kinawarrior
08-22-2011, 10:56 AM
+1

auto mute system is not the best, or even good

Whirlzap
08-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Did they ever remove "poop"?
I forgot that they think we are all 5- year olds.

Samhayne
08-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Hey Ladyhassa,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at the mute filter list and make some changes.

-Samhayne

CrimsonTider
08-22-2011, 11:07 AM
With ya 100%. Ive had this happen twice: poop and turd. Ironic that we have "fart" emotes. Hmmmmm

Zaltiar
08-22-2011, 11:07 AM
i think even two words when looked at together form a "bad word" (oooh) is blocked out? (well in sl at least)
for example: Ptsh it's not even true. turns into Pt** **'s not even true. :|

JaytB
08-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Best thing to do is mail the devs about it. They're pretty flexible in this. I was muted several times for a word I won't repeat here. It was a normal, non offending word in my language (Dutch). Over here (Belgium), it was a word that is used very often in conversations. When I told them about that, they promptly removed that word from the auto mute filter.

Now, I'm not saying they will do that in this perticular case, but it could be worth a shot. To me, it sounds pretty innocent. But, then again, English isn't my native tongue, so it could have another meaning I don't know about.

Edit: lol, Sam already responded... See? They're flexible :p

Ellyidol
08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Creative cursing should be bannable too, IMO.

I've seen players manipulate a muted word through different or omission of letters, but clearly mean that word. I've also had players use words that are otherwise not always malicious, but in context they are. These should be punishable as they are way worse than an occasional "poop" slip of the tongue, again, in my opinion.

I remember one specific unnamed player calling people a certain feline name and replacing the 'u' with a 'v'. When confronted about getting reported, simply said that he's said it on countless occasions and hasn't gotten punished. He should be. Single case, but point is there.

Zerious
08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
lol Lady was this when we were getting teamed? Is that what got you muted? :wink:

LADYHADASSA
08-22-2011, 03:32 PM
lol Lady was this when we were getting teamed? Is that what got you muted? :wink:

Lol lol zerious yes! In a diff thought process turd is the only applicable word that i could use at the moment The trem "noob" is so over used lol lol lol i figured this word choice was more creative than the ones i was reading... Lol lol lol

LADYHADASSA
08-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Hey Ladyhassa,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at the mute filter list and make some changes.

-Samhayne

Thanks Sam
I have to say i am still laughing with this one..

Fyrce
08-22-2011, 04:11 PM
I have reported people for using misspelled cuss words, some very offensive. I would hope they are not allowed to do that.

Coltona
08-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Happened to me too hadassa, i even died once and typed "Gah!" in surprise, auto correct changed to gay, and boom total silence out of me... Weird word to mute someone for if you ask me..

LADYHADASSA
08-22-2011, 09:06 PM
I tryed the turd one out...needless to say I was silenced! :D lol

I see you must touch a burner to believe it is hot... Rofl rofl rofl rofl..

Otukura
08-22-2011, 09:12 PM
I tryed the turd one out...needless to say I was silenced! :D lol

I see you must touch a burner to believe it is hot... Rofl rofl rofl rofl..

Lol :)

Panda will be happy if this is taken out.

LADYHADASSA
08-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Happened to me too hadassa, i even died once and typed "Gah!" in surprise, auto correct changed to gay, and boom total silence out of me... Weird word to mute someone for if you ask me..

At one time gay was used for happy or joyfilled.. But today this word reflects a negative verbage for sexual orientation so i can understand the non ability to use this word. The fikter is somthing to try to capture foul, racial, and sexual comments. To better protect the players.

elianel
08-23-2011, 12:43 AM
saturday try that one lol

Kakatoa91
08-23-2011, 01:36 AM
saturday try that one lol

Indeed.... I didnt know what a turd meant.
It forced me to check the meaning since I didnt know why I was muted for saying saturday lol.
Now I know...

For the fun, in case you all didnt know, the new futur electric Audi car is called E-Tron.
Etron in french means turd...
All french speaking people are naturally making fun of this cars name. :D

Navygreen
08-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Sam, not to be vulgar or anything but this is serious. Can you add a word to the filter? It's a 3 letter word that starts with C and ends in M. As natural of a thing it is, it's pretty offensive to some ppl. Last night it got a little crazy in Forest Haven.

Thanks.

Eyesharp
08-23-2011, 02:22 PM
The thing that disturbs me is I've learned a lot of bad words I dont wanna know because of all the censoring such as c0ckroach I had no idea was it was censored.

Hankomachos
08-23-2011, 09:27 PM
I see you must touch a burner to believe it is hot... Rofl rofl rofl rofl.. lmao! indeed... my friends enjoyed the five minutes of silence though...so it wasn't all that bad...for them anyways. :rolleyes:

LADYHADASSA
08-24-2011, 03:42 PM
lmao! indeed... my friends enjoyed the five minutes of silence though...so it wasn't all that bad...for them anyways. :rolleyes:

:teapot:

lmao sometimes mute has its benefits lolz

Dosumn1978
08-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Hey Ladyhassa,

-Samhayne
Thank god! My favorite saying..."I would rather have a hot turd in my back pocket than buy that helm at that price!"

Nourish
08-24-2011, 03:48 PM
How bout to add a language filter on and off button? Or does that break tos or something

SUPAPRODIGY
08-24-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree filter is really bad poop is marked as **** is not even a cussword....

Cahaun
08-24-2011, 03:59 PM
The filter just needs edited one word at a time to make it better. I also reported a person for misspelling some really nasty cuss words pluss more.

Imacoolbirdd
08-24-2011, 07:49 PM
I said S) mega mage gemstone wand and it was stars

TechniShock
08-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Is Crush the keeper still going to be stars?

Hankomachos
08-24-2011, 09:16 PM
I said S) mega mage gemstone wand and it was stars i know what part was starred but i've never heard of that word... i googled it and i get why it's starred though...
:)i shall not say anymore :angel:

LADYHADASSA
08-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Lol each has a personal filter you can turn off in your settings this will stop stars the other words get u auto muted

Numb
08-26-2011, 06:41 PM
I hate the fact that the filter works to edit

What it do
To
Wha* ** do

I get this game is for everyone, but wow that filter is a bit strong. Imo

Kossi
08-26-2011, 06:53 PM
yeah the mute and ban system is extremely draconian...

ive seen justg perm ban some kid on the spot for having a bad name.... PERM BAN
a little harsh, yes? A LOT

and the mute system...
i get muted alot for the stupidest words -.-

dallasboycows
08-26-2011, 06:55 PM
yeah when i had auto mute on i'd ask where do you want to go and half of it would be muted. lol.

Kossi
08-26-2011, 06:56 PM
The thing that disturbs me is I've learned a lot of bad words I dont wanna know because of all the censoring such as c0ckroach I had no idea was it was censored.
you get disturbed when you learn bad words?

TANKKAAR
08-26-2011, 06:57 PM
With ya 100%. Ive had this happen twice: poop and turd. Ironic that we have "fart" emotes. Hmmmmm

Bwahahahahaha...

LADYHADASSA
09-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I hate the fact that the filter works to edit

What it do
To
Wha* ** do

I get this game is for everyone, but wow that filter is a bit strong. Imo

again the filter is a personal choice to be on on or off.. is someone says something that gets them silenced, you will not see that the player even spoke.. they are auto muted..

LADYHADASSA
09-01-2011, 01:46 PM
yeah the mute and ban system is extremely draconian...

ive seen justg perm ban some kid on the spot for having a bad name.... PERM BAN
a little harsh, yes? A LOT

and the mute system...
i get muted alot for the stupidest words -.-

The issue about names... If a player ss going to work hard enough to create a name that can get them banned, they then intentionally set about to dodge the name filter, I was not able to create LADYHADASSA with two s's because of the cuss contained within, though that was not an intentional aspect of my name. Those that are creating a
name that is sexual or otherwise derogatory, already KNOW that the name is not permissible. The personal choice to be defiant is the personal choice to become banned.

Kalielle
09-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Lol this reminds me... Someone once asked me if pure mages or paladins are better and I was explaining the advantages of each. I said "paladins are more sturdy", but the other person had the chat filter on so he got "paladins are more s****y" and thought I meant something completely different xD

bobfredd
09-02-2011, 03:32 AM
Sam, not to be vulgar or anything but this is serious. Can you add a word to the filter? It's a 3 letter word that starts with C and ends in M. As natural of a thing it is, it's pretty offensive to some ppl. Last night it got a little crazy in Forest Haven.

Thanks.
:())))

Riccits
09-02-2011, 03:34 AM
needed to translate turd in german: der Scheißhaufen.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!