PDA

View Full Version : If you're stuck in the MOBILE forum View, here is how to get out of it

Abaleuibub
08-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi,

i had this prob. i was stuck on the mobile view for the forum too and i managed to get it solved (at least for me).

a short recap:
1. mobile view enabled in forum settings
2. mentioned it's c*** ... not that good
3. tried to reenter the settings to set it back to default
4. u got the message ... this is not avaiable in mobile view ...ahhhrrrrg!
5. u hit "full site" and get redirected to the main site
6. u press settings and get back to 4. ...double-ahhhrrrrg!
7. u r trapped in a perfect loop!

i managed to escape this circle of death by adding some extras to the webaddress.

for the convenience i did this on a pc-browser but i should also work on any mobile devices and even a mac.

first u need to start ur browser and log into the sts-forum (don't use the forumapp it wont work that way).
after u performed a successful login u pay attention to the addressbar which should say something like:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/.......

now u either type this in:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/profile.php?do=editoptions&styleid=-1

or u manage it to click/ copy'n'paste it. remember u have to be logged in the forum.

if u done everything right u should we redirected to ur holy-forum-settingsscreen.

now its just setting the skin back to SpaceTimeStudios and clicking "save changes" beneath.

i doublechecked this way and can say it's a hundred percent reproduceable (at least for me).

if this was helpful, leave a message.
if u r experiencing trouble, leave a message (i'll see if i can provide further help).

if u didn't liked what u red here, u don't have to leave a message.

Samhayne
08-22-2011, 11:08 AM
You can also clear your cookies, which will remove your preference for the mobile version.

Abaleuibub
08-22-2011, 11:18 AM
You can also clear your cookies, which will remove your preference for the mobile version.

tried that before, didn't work for me.

it also appears to me that the settings r stored in the profil, not in the cookies in my cache.
otherwise how can it spread from my mobile to the pc?

but who am i to question u.

anyway... will this be fixed sometimes?