PDA

View Full Version : The Coming Deal of the Day (Android) for Sunday, Aug. 28th - Big Love

Samhayne
08-22-2011, 01:32 PM
This coming Sunday, August 28th, the Deal of the Day (currently for the Android Client) will be for Big Love, the Valentine's Day Vanity Helmet. It has heart shaped antenna and animated hearts floating out of it, along with 1 point of armor. It will be available for 75 Platinum and only be for sale for the 24 hours of Sunday, August 28th.

Currently, Deal of the Day functionality is only available in the Android version of Pocket Legends. This is because we can immediately publish to the Android Market without an approval wait. If you're playing on Android and not seeing the Deal of the Day, delete and re-install to update your client. Here are the links:

* Pocket Legends on Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=sts.pl
* Pocket Legends direct download: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12738-PocketLegends.apk-now-available-for-those-without-market-access.

Deal of the Day will be in the next client version of Pocket Legends, which should be out in the near future (along with Guilds, new level cap, new dungeons and a whole lot of other goodies).

The way the Deal of the Day works is, when you first log in, to display what the current daily deal is. You can always go back to the deal via the icon at character select. A new deal comes up every 24 hours. You can see the countdown clock for how long the current deal will be available.

We plan to re-do all the deals that have been up when the feature goes live for iOS clients. That way, everyone will have the opportunity to obtain items that they might have otherwise missed, like this coming weekend's offer of Big Love.

We're still experimenting with the Deal of the Day functionality and offers. We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

KingFu
08-22-2011, 01:34 PM
-sigh-

Exclusive stuff isn't gonna be exclusive anymore.....

Whirlzap
08-22-2011, 01:35 PM
I do like the deal of the day, but could you PLEASE at least consider putting a small restriction on bringing back stuff that was old. It gives a "rare and special" feeling to people who already had it from long time ago.
Also, will this Big Love give out Little Loves like the Valentine's Event?

Fastcast
08-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Yes i also wud like to know the answer to that whirl

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks, i'll buy this! I appreciate the opportunity. OG players, don't hate!! :P

:)

SUPAPRODIGY
08-22-2011, 01:47 PM
More waiting for IOS users :(

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 01:50 PM
More waiting for IOS users :(

Blame that on Apple and their ultra-restrictive guidelines for submitting apps and updates..

Have you ever seen the requirement list for submitting to the Apple Store? Its pretty long.. They are very thorough with their approval process apparently..

superglut2
08-22-2011, 01:51 PM
i like if old items come back, there are many poayers who started pl, and many quit pl, so i hardly ever see someone wearing big love so why complain? i like seeing players wear them again. and 75 plat is a fair price for collectors. i like the entire deak of the day idea a lot with the vanity items. i honestly dont care about the pot deals and i believe many players dont care either.

TheSnowman
08-22-2011, 02:06 PM
At the very least these items should come back around the time they were released the first time.

My view on the whole which items should be available are that:

Old Plat event items should be available to everyone through deal of the day
Competition items should only be available through competitions (antennae)
Other non plat items should remain as rare collectibles to those who played at the time (pumpkin helm)

This opens up a large share of the items to newer users whilst leaving a small number of rare items to those who are considered as older players.

thefirehawk
08-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Man that stuff is cool but it's to expensive it's like spending 10 dollars on big love which is just a item

Cytokinesis
08-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Man that stuff is cool but it's to expensive it's like spending 10 dollars on big love which is just a item
ikr like the Decorative Antlers were 20 plat instead of 15 but i still bought it :)

Samhayne
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Also, will this Big Love give out Little Loves like the Valentine's Event?

No, Big Love is turned off from giving out little love - although that switch will probably be flipped again when Valentine's Day rolls around again.

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
It's seems a bit expensive when you convert it into dollars. That's why pocket legends is a beautiful game. You can get a ton of play out of the game without spending a dime. At the same time, you can have even more fun spending a few dollars for special items. Just gotta get a job and make a few dollars. Everything in the world costs some kind of money. Games are expensive to develop, you know? The devs gotta eat, too!

darkfussion
08-22-2011, 02:27 PM
No, Big Love is turned off from giving out little love - although that switch will probably be flipped again when Valentine's Day rolls around again.

So you guys plan on releasing the same items every year or is there a plan for something different?

Cytokinesis
08-22-2011, 02:27 PM
It's seems a bit expensive when you convert it into dollars. That's why pocket legends is a beautiful game. You can get a ton of play out of the game without spending a dime. At the same time, you can have even more fun spending a few dollars for special items. Just gotta get a job and make a few dollars. Everything in the world costs some kind of money. Games are expensive to develop, you know? The devs gotta eat, too!

Very well said :)

ocagrevy
08-22-2011, 02:37 PM
The players who have been around for a long time have the founders helm or whatever its called (i dont have) theres also the community and pl sheild these items wont be a deal of the day. I think its fair plus i realy want pumpkin helm

Register
08-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Blame that on Apple and their ultra-restrictive guidelines for submitting apps and updates..

Have you ever seen the requirement list for submitting to the Apple Store? Its pretty long.. They are very thorough with their approval process apparently..

IMO having this super long wait is fine. Its better than letting in all sorts of crud into the app store. Would you want app store all filled with stuff thats innappropriate and/or racists or something? I dont. Would you ever find an app in the itunes app store advertising cheats for PL? Prob not.

Cytokinesis
08-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Would you ever find an app in the itunes app store advertising cheats for PL? Prob not.
There is a PL Cheats App its $0.99

Lucilulu
08-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Would you ever find an app in the itunes app store advertising cheats for PL? Prob not.

Sorry the answer to that is YES. There actually is/was an app for PL Cheats.

Cascade
08-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Holy cow im glad i already have it...Cant see spending 10 bucks for a virtual item...But hey no ones forcing you to buy it heh

Cytokinesis
08-22-2011, 03:09 PM
All it shows is where the bosses r in the maps

Cytokinesis
08-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Cant spending 10 bucks for a virtual item...ROFL (srry for double post)

Flickz
08-22-2011, 04:05 PM
The price is way to high lol

Moogerfooger
08-22-2011, 04:57 PM
-sigh-

Amen.

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 05:13 PM
IMO having this super long wait is fine. Its better than letting in all sorts of crud into the app store. Would you want app store all filled with stuff thats innappropriate and/or racists or something? I dont. Would you ever find an app in the itunes app store advertising cheats for PL? Prob not.

For the record, I am in no way bashing Apple or their products. I have several Apple devices. I'm just sayin.. lol :P

Arterra
08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
-sigh-

lol for 75 plat it sure will stay that way.

Cytokinesis
08-22-2011, 05:37 PM
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

apocketlegend
08-22-2011, 05:42 PM
:( sniff sniff :(

Cytokinesis
08-22-2011, 05:46 PM
:( sniff sniff :(
no need to cry :D

Zaltiar
08-22-2011, 06:17 PM
All my plat that didnt get transferred has found its purpose.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Whirlzap
08-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Haha, so basically the people who didn't pay to get the hat gets to have a rare collectible that won't drop until the yearly event!
SWEETTTTTTTT!!!!

Cytokinesis
08-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Haha, so basically the people who didn't pay to get the hat gets to have a rare collectible that won't drop until the yearly event!
SWEETTTTTTTT!!!!
Ur so evil :D

Sulfurus
08-23-2011, 01:53 AM

Yeah! I want to wave for little party hat from PL's first B-day! I love it but when thia event was i waved and waved at big ones but i never got one... And cuz i was new to this game i thought i have to buy something...and cuz i was new i didn't wrote an e-mail to devs... Now it's too late i think so i hope i will get the chance later again to get it!

Sulfurus
08-23-2011, 01:55 AM
All it shows is where the bosses r in the maps
Really? How?

SUPAPRODIGY
08-23-2011, 02:36 AM
I think its too much platinum considering the fact it was originally 15 platinum... And now 75

Flickz
08-23-2011, 02:45 AM
I think its too much platinum considering the fact it was originally 15 platinum... And now 75
Thats what im sayin i didnt even know they decided to raise the price by more than 3 times the origonal cost, thats crazy

MightyMicah
08-23-2011, 03:33 AM
Everyone's thinking it I'm just saying it...how does this help anyone? Like for real lol. Lots of people are now upset cause its not as rare, and the other people are upset because its too expensive. Devs I get the feeling you guys stopped listening to the very people who make you who you are...Not tryina flame or nothin...just seems kinda like a fail

Kakatoa91
08-23-2011, 04:43 AM
75plat for real???

People will need to be in big love to get it...
:p

I didnt bought at the time of its 1st release sadly...

Redbridge
08-23-2011, 04:45 AM
Thats what im sayin i didnt even know they decided to raise the price by more than 3 times the origonal cost, thats crazy

Yep 5 times the original price is definitely more than 3 times... It seems a bit steep, but it is rare and the people who bought it originally can't reasonably expect STS to discontinue every vanity item. But also there's an argument they shouldn't be sold for the original price or it devalues the original purchases. A happy (for most) medium, me thinks...

Everyone's thinking it I'm just saying it...how does this help anyone? Like for real lol. Lots of people are now upset cause its not as rare, and the other people are upset because its too expensive. Devs I get the feeling you guys stopped listening to the very people who make you who you are...Not tryina flame or nothin...just seems kinda like a fail

You've listed a few groups who may not be happy but failed to mention the one large group of players who haven't got the item yet and will be glad of the chance to get it, even if the price does seem a bit steep.... The size of this group will become apparent on Sunday when new purchasers start wearing their shiny new vanities... So you could be right, it could be a fail but it might be a success.

On a side note has anyone tried changing their device clock (time zone) to see if that changes the deal of the day offered, or is it smarter than that? EDIT: Yep that works..

Shadowie
08-23-2011, 05:07 AM
75 plat is steep to me too, but maybe not to others. The thing i worried now is not this price, is about the next rare vanity release. I can only think then when they release big luck, it might goes up to 200 plats for that vanity!

DJMdivine
08-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Everyone who is getting a second chance on this vanity in all seriousness should be happy as it is a rare. And for being 5 times the amount it is going to be sounds pretty reasonable to me for a second chance at a rare.

Cahaun
08-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Need...more...platinum! ;)

Navygreen
08-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Call me what you want, noob, dummy, whatever.. But I use a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (android running honeycomb) to play the game and I cannot find this deal of the day. It's supposedly on the character select screen at the very beginning but it's nowhere to be found. Is this something that i'm excluded from because I have a tablet? The same thing occurs when trying the free platinum deals from TapJoy. It's not available to me because I have a tablet. No big deal but I would love to spend some platinum hehe ;P Can anyone help?

Redbridge
08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Call me what you want, noob, dummy, whatever.. But I use a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (android running honeycomb) to play the game and I cannot find this deal of the day. It's supposedly on the character select screen at the very beginning but it's nowhere to be found. Is this something that i'm excluded from because I have a tablet? The same thing occurs when trying the free platinum deals from TapJoy. It's not available to me because I have a tablet. No big deal but I would love to spend some platinum hehe ;P Can anyone help?

Not totally sure but try uninstalling and re-installing. I think there was an android update to include this 'deal of the day'. Check out the original post, as it has some links there for the new updates. Obviously make sure you register your account first or you might lost your data if you are using an unregistered one. (not sure you can use plat on unregistered accounts anyways). Hope that helps.

Navygreen
08-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Not totally sure but try uninstalling and re-installing. I think there was an android update to include this 'deal of the day'. Check out the original post, as it has some links there for the new updates. Obviously make sure you register your account first or you might lost your data if you are using an unregistered one. (not sure you can use plat on unregistered accounts anyways). Hope that helps.

Hey thanks for the reply. I've actually been playing on an unregistered account which was surprising. I thought I had done that. I just registered yesterday and I thought that may help with the daily deal but it didn't. I checked the market and there is no update for the game. So maybe i'll just uninstall and reinstall. I've used a lot of platinum already even on an unresigtered account. Once I registered, everything carried over perfectly, so no issues there. We'll see.

Thanks!

apocketlegend
08-24-2011, 08:34 PM
This stinks I guess Thats an opinion

Mothwing
08-24-2011, 10:35 PM
-sigh-

Nuff said^^

lethalchick
08-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Wait so for these daily deals- say someone has a tablet and an iPhone. Would they be given the deals twice when it comes for Apple?

Gluttony
08-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Wait so for these daily deals- say someone has a tablet and an iPhone. Would they be given the deals twice when it comes for Apple?

That depends on what the devs have in mind when it comes time to offer these deals to the iOS users. I'm not sure bit it's possible that Android deals will just keep going on schedule and not reset once this feature is available for iOS.

How about a deal on things like renaming a character or auction/inventory slots, I know I don't have access but those are things I would be interested in. Big Love never really seemed like an amazingly popular item during V-day even, why the big announcement? Big Luck on the other hand may still sell well at 5 times the price.

Edit: A real money maker would be if STS found a way to purge older accounts and offered a rename your character day at 50% off and let everyone scramble for some potential original igns, oh beautiful chaos day.

davidis57
08-24-2011, 11:17 PM
Big love was 15 plat on Valentine's day. No thanks.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

razerfingers
08-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Wow really 75 plat why? Even 50 plat for crimson shield was pricey

KingFu
08-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Edit: A real money maker would be if STS found a way to purge older accounts and offered a rename your character day at 50% off and let everyone scramble for some potential original igns, oh beautiful chaos day.

I asked if I could have an IGN (for platinum of course) for my character if the user was inactive (a second time since I didn't have plat the first) and Dracknor said they are unable to change the name of a user even if they're inactive, so I guess they're no longer providing that service.

Navygreen
08-25-2011, 05:56 AM

Figured it out.. Just uninstalled and installed again.. There was no new update but for some reason it worked. Thanks :)

WhoIsThis
08-25-2011, 06:33 AM

That raises an interesting point.

Only a handful of people are going to buy. Sam, you might get more than 3x as many sales if you reduce it to say, 25 plat.

Flickz
08-25-2011, 07:20 AM

That raises an interesting point.

Only a handful of people are going to buy. Sam, you might get more than 3x as many sales if you reduce it to say, 25 plat. lol i dont think the devs wanna comment on this

Cortonna
08-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Awesome ! Dont sk if im new, im new on forums but not on game lol cya

Cortonna
08-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Need...more...platinum! ;)

yea i'd like fiery antennas to come in da daily thing :D

nayrleon
08-25-2011, 10:45 PM
seriously the first daily deal for iOS is wyldwood access.. don't they know this has been in the regular deals for ages
what is STS thinking.. come on wake up!! been so excited about this feature and this is the first thing I'll see on its launch!
anyway hoping for a better deals in the coming days as there isnt anything i can spend on my platinum anymore lol