PDA

View Full Version : PvE Tank Bear Help?

SlingShot
08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Ok so I usually run with archers and I have a level 30 tank bear just rotting away, so I threw my shield of gratitude and founders helmet on him and went to work! I found I love him and I believe this bear is wut I will invest my time into until patch. I already have a level 50 archer and I want my bear to catch up so here's the question, I will be a PVE tanking bear! Wut should my stat build be for a PVE tanking bear?? I already know how to point my skills! Another thing if anyone is interested in helping me please add Bazerker! I am currently tryin to farm a lvl 30 legendary helmet and shield!! Please help and thnx a bunch!!

Ebalere
08-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Since it's tough and somewhat expensive to dual spec earlier on in the game, i would suggest u keep enough str. To equip warrior gear, and allocate the rest towards dex, to increase your hit %, making crowd control skill more effective.

It's crucial for skills like beckon to connect, if u wanna be a good tank.

CrimsonTider
08-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Im on my phone or I would provide the link....

Mr. Wallace has an excellent, detailed thread on bear speccing from 1-50. Search his name and follow his guide and you will be fine.

Zerious
08-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Since it's tough and somewhat expensive to dual spec earlier on in the game, i would suggest u keep enough str. To equip warrior gear, and allocate the rest towards dex, to increase your hit %, making crowd control skill more effective.

It's crucial for skills like beckon to connect, if u wanna be a good tank.

to piggy back this, when you're fighting a boss, you can help keep the boss pinned by only beckoning ONCE. Smash combo the boss up against a wall then wail on them with slashes and debuffs. If you stomp them again, make sure they get knocked against the wall, but do not smash combo again. Trust me you'll kill the boss much faster, and your team will stay happy and healthy :)

at lvl 30, go with the iceberg hatchet and shield set up. at 35, you could try copperhead set, or stay iceberg with more dex. All preference

Register
08-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Basic, u want best tanking awesomeness. Which means good hit percent. If you dont wanna worry about dual speccing and boosting, you can go with 173 str, and rest dex for hit percent. If you are ready to spend a little extra gold on boosting gear, go 139 139 at level 55. check out Ellyidols dual speccing guide for more info on dual speccing and boosting stats.

SlingShot
08-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Ok Thnx everyone, I think I might go with 173 strength and the rest dex because it seems like a good build. Once again thnx everyone for input!

CrimsonTider
08-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Dual spec is the way to go IMO. And the boost gear is not expensive at all once you understand the concept. Feel free to add my bear in game and I will do my best to answer any questions you have.

Bunnyshoota
08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Register isnt it 140 str 139 dex not 139 str 139 dex at level 55?
correct me if im wrong:)

Redbridge
08-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Check out the bear section in my Guides List - see my sig

I got lots of great tips from some of those.