PDA

View Full Version : suggestion: spamming

pkim703
08-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Could SpacetimeStudios make some time between multiple tells please? For less spam...for example: "s) pink sword, s) pink sword, s) pink sword," over and over again.

We, customers, beg SpacetimeStudios....

thefirehawk
08-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Ya I hate spamming so if there just filling up pages of convos with spams I just ask them to stop and if they don't I just repot with a picture

TANKKAAR
08-22-2011, 02:39 PM
A few solutions I see....

-They could add an auto mute feature that would mute the spammer if posting same tell more then 5 times in a 30 second time frame or something to that nature.

-You can use the ignore feature already in place and just add them to the list :-) I personally have 125 pages of ignored players all for spamming, flamming, raging, or scamming....hahahaha.

Ebalere
08-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes, the easiest way would be to have a 60 second limit on exact same sentences in towns. This would not be in effect in pvp because we say "go". Or "rdy" often. People who work their way around this should be reportable. One simple step like this would in theory eliminate spam as a whole.

Bakoffmycandy
08-22-2011, 02:47 PM
I was going to ask a similar question about Invite spam. Just a 30 sec delay before you can invite the same character would be great!

Lysdexic
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm all for a SPAM filter, but only for in towns. Not everyone has the ability to type and run at once and quite often I've had to hit enter, heal, and then continue typing. If they're spamming in dungeon, that's what boot is for :)

The suggestion for Invite spam should be moved to it's own thread. I'm all for that getting tweaked, but it is entirely it's own separate suggestion.