PDA

View Full Version : Expansion vs. SL

NYCFanMan
08-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Which one do you think will come out first PL's expansion with the new adventure area or SL for IOS??

Mango
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
PL's expansion :encouragement:

Gluttony
08-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Keeping current with the updates, SL has been submitted to Apple and is just pending approval while the PL expansion isn't completely finished and has yet of be submitted. Along with the fact that there sounds like there is going to be plenty added to the next update for PL (deal of the day, premium characters) which has only been tested on Android and may be against Apple ToS. I would say that the launch of SL should be first.

AOmonsta
08-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Devs have said SL will come before PL expansion.

WoundedEagle
08-22-2011, 07:22 PM
This should have been in Spacetime Studios Off Topic Discussion(I think) because it refers to both games.

Samhayne
08-22-2011, 07:30 PM
This should have been in Spacetime Studios Off Topic Discussion(I think) because it refers to both games.

Not really, off topic is for stuff like cars, hobbies, dogs, stuff off the topic of Spacetime Games. Talking about this here is fine, thx :D

Shadowie
08-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Devs have said SL will come before PL expansion.

Dev also did mention that official launch of sl on all devices at the same time, and yet, android got it first! Lmao! As an IOS user, i kinda give up on the waiting. Still playing the game though, but stop the platinium purchase.:mad:

NYCFanMan
08-22-2011, 07:45 PM
I did the same too.

razerfingers
08-22-2011, 07:46 PM
I heard expansion gets submitted or will be out in a couple of weeks fin my recent post and look what a sts person said in comments

Shadowie
08-22-2011, 07:57 PM
I heard expansion gets submitted or will be out in a couple of weeks fin my recent post and look what a sts person said in comments

Crossing my finger on this. If expansion is out soon, i might be just in time to be free to play, and maybe, to spend also.

Double crossing my fingers! :p

Flickz
08-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Keeping current with the updates, SL has been submitted to Apple and is just pending approval while the PL expansion isn't completely finished and has yet of be submitted. Along with the fact that there sounds like there is going to be plenty added to the next update for PL (deal of the day, premium characters) which has only been tested on Android and may be against Apple ToS. I would say that the launch of SL should be first. can you post a link of where the devs said all this?

Formora
08-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Keeping current with the updates, SL has been submitted to Apple and is just pending approval while the PL expansion isn't completely finished and has yet of be submitted. Along with the fact that there sounds like there is going to be plenty added to the next update for PL (deal of the day, premium characters) which has only been tested on Android and may be against Apple ToS. I would say that the launch of SL should be first.

Not to mention guilds!

I'm actually more excited for PL now. But I think it'll be out around mid-October. Perfect timing for me :)

Kakatoa91
08-23-2011, 01:46 AM
I cant wait for PL next update. Still my priority, eventough I play SL more at moment.
Whichever one come first, ill be happy anyway.

Ellyidol
08-23-2011, 01:49 AM
Who knows, maybe STS actually submitted the PL update already and is just keeping it as a surprise :p

Ixillicus
08-23-2011, 05:58 AM
i hope the update comes soon. it will be a bit disappointing if it's not out before school starts again for everyone.

Kakatoa91
08-23-2011, 08:40 AM
i hope the update comes soon. it will be a bit disappointing if it's not out before school starts again for everyone.

Erm not everyone go to school...
:p

Gluttony
08-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Sorry I couldn't respond faster Flickz, here is what a quick search generated for me. One quote* stating that the original submission is still in review on 08/12 and another quote* stating SL is just waiting for approval posted on 08/14:

My guess would be one more week, if that (assuming we don't get rejected for something else).

The original submission is in review.

This is the best (most recent) quote about the PL expansion I can find posted on 08/09, basically stating they're still working on the expansion and it has/had yet to be submitted.

It is in work. Look for submission to Apple in the near future.

I'd love for a dev to chime in and spread the good word, but it really doesn't seem likely so we can only draw conclusion from past words (which are always subject to change).

*Quotes were edited to only include content relevant to current subject, for the full unedited quote click the arrow symbol after to the OP name and be redirected straight to the quote.

Snakespeare
08-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Who knows, maybe STS actually submitted the PL update already and is just keeping it as a surprise :p

Every time they tell us they submitted to Apple, people who always want to get theirs first post about how much they hate Apple. So they stopped telling us. Can't blame them. The direct result of Apple haters hating on submission threads has been the discontinuation of submission threads.

It's too bad this can't be a place where people put aside OS wars and just enjoy playing together.

Good news is, they did submit the next PL client, which will include Nuri's Hollow for free, the Vampire story for plat, guilds, and deal of the day.

It will take a while, but I suspect it will pass before SL. SL must have some additional problems. It's been two weeks since the plat split.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-23-2011, 10:50 AM
StarLegends will come out first :)

Suntv
08-23-2011, 12:57 PM
SL first, because if PL update cames out first we all play PL and leave SL for a few Androiders.

Kraze
08-23-2011, 01:09 PM
I may be alone on this bit I want a good month or two to enjoy sl before pl expansion is released

Gluttony
08-23-2011, 04:14 PM
I may be alone on this bit I want a good month or two to enjoy sl before pl expansion is released

*pushes Kraze off the band wagon*
/emote wave
Buh-bye.

In all seriousness, I cannot say that I'm looking forward to one over the other. My PL play time has been reduced drastically and I imagine a new campaign will spark my interests a bit. I've been supressing my urge to want to play SL, but have no idea if I'll be able to rekindle it after the iOS launch finally emerges.

brian_spence_ni
08-23-2011, 05:08 PM
I personally think the SL release will come first, to give us some time to get addicted. It's a bit disappointing as the PL expansion seems to have been promised for a gazillion years, and I personally don't intend to play SL. Am I the only one getting a bit annoyed about seeing so many references to SL in PL forums - they're not the same game! (Bah humbug.)

Pokechmp
08-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Dev also did mention that official launch of sl on all devices at the same time, and yet, android got it first! Lmao! As an IOS user, i kinda give up on the waiting. Still playing the game though, but stop the platinium purchase.:mad:I agree. It's been a long time. Also the expansion never seems to come out. I play better mmos now

Ellyidol
08-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Every time they tell us they submitted to Apple, people who always want to get theirs first post about how much they hate Apple. So they stopped telling us. Can't blame them. The direct result of Apple haters hating on submission threads has been the discontinuation of submission threads.

It's too bad this can't be a place where people put aside OS wars and just enjoy playing together.

Good news is, they did submit the next PL client, which will include Nuri's Hollow for free, the Vampire story for plat, guilds, and deal of the day.

It will take a while, but I suspect it will pass before SL. SL must have some additional problems. It's been two weeks since the plat split.

Exactly. Players will only be thankful when surprised with the update. I doubt players would focus on why they weren't told that the update was submitted in the first place.

In addition, PL (facebook at least), said to expect the update very soon/shortly. I don't know about them, but very soon/shortly means a week or two at most for me. Unless they mean the submitting of the update very soon/shortly.

Pokechmp
08-24-2011, 07:36 AM
I honestly don't think any will come out soon. They promised the expansion like a month or maybe more ago. The droiders have all the fun with SL now while all iOS users do is just sit there waiting.

Ellyidol
08-24-2011, 08:05 AM
I honestly don't think any will come out soon. They promised the expansion like a month or maybe more ago. The droiders have all the fun with SL now while all iOS users do is just sit there waiting.

When have they promised? They've never given exact specified dates as to when they will release the update.

You don't seem to get it. Put yourself in STS' shoes, don't you think releasing a new game/content to all channels is in their best interest?

iOS release + PL update = $$$ for STS. Trust me, they are as eager as we are to release the stuff. Being eager/excited doesn't call for releasing unfinished or unpolished work too, they have standards to keep.

Droiders' fun is also probably dwindling down now (no offense), without the iOS players to keep the servers very populated. More people, more cash, more to sell to/buy from.

So all of this is really just for the best. Best for droid, best for STS, best for iOS. Overall, best for everyone.

I know, it sucks to have candy dangled in your face and right as you try to grab it, it swings away. Just find something else to focus on for now. That piece of candy will be back in your face before you know it. They'll even feed it to you directly :p

Navygreen
08-24-2011, 10:25 AM
...there is going to be plenty added to the next update for PL (deal of the day, premium characters) ...

premium characters? :)

Navygreen
08-24-2011, 10:31 AM
iOS release + PL update = $$$ for STS. Trust me, they are as eager as we are to release the stuff. Being eager/excited doesn't call for releasing unfinished or unpolished work too, they have standards to keep.

Droiders' fun is also probably dwindling down now (no offense), without the iOS players to keep the servers very populated. More people, more cash, more to sell to/buy from.

I agree with first paragraph! ;) As far as the population dropping because iOS players are not playing as much, I really don't see an issue with the amount of people who play. I sit in Forest Haven a lot and it's always full of people. I never have trouble selling things. But of course I could be wrong. I haven't seen actual figures showing how many people play and from what devices..

:)

Duped
08-24-2011, 11:06 AM
I was of the opinion they wanted to give people a chance to get hooked on SL before adding another PL expansion. As far as strategy (in the ideal world at least) this seems like the best move for STS. If SL is getting major issues with Apple, then they might have to change strategies, but in the long term, I think SL first is still best, just my .02 worth

superglut2
08-24-2011, 12:26 PM
hopefully starlegends

brian_spence_ni
08-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Apparently so.