PDA

View Full Version : Overcoming the "FEAR FACTOR"

crestmage
08-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Have you ever experienced this following situation before?

During a hard battle in one of the dungeons, with shock you suddenly realize that the rest of ur party has died and u r left alone fighting the swarms of enemies surrounding you.

Does the above situation ring a bell? So, wat ways r there to overcome it? Fell free to share ur thoughts...:tickled_pink:

razerfingers
08-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Yes i have i was pally fury mage spammed pots and revved other peoples

Ellyidol
08-23-2011, 12:40 AM
One particular situation comes to mind. Gurgox.

Party wiped except me, and Gurgox was down to a few more seconds of bashing. He screams, and I'm caught between trying to run for the orb and maybe getting caught by the scream, or stay put and bash on him a bit more til he dies.

I stayed. He screamed and exploded. It missed! A second later, he dies.

*swag walk*

Whirlzap
08-23-2011, 12:49 AM
I remember the time I was getting chased by Shadow Witch and was about to die.
Lucky 1050 heart drain crit saved me=D

DPANDA
08-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Stick together in a close group.

Ixillicus
08-23-2011, 06:03 AM
I can think of a few times as a fury mage where the shadow witch kept killing everyone in my party, i would res and they would die almost immediately. so i was left to solo her, and when you kill her on your own, it feels pretty good.

Navygreen
08-23-2011, 07:08 AM
Stick together in a close group.

This can get everyone killed, unfortunately. Everyone has a place in the battle. Especially birds who can sit back further than anyone else and kill. The thing i've learned is that if there's more than, let's say, one mage, the worst thing to do is stay together when your health is falling fast. There has to be at least one of you who can rev the other or help heal. If one mage goes in too close or rushes in to take the mob head-on, the other should stay back and help freeze and cast spells from a distance. Someone is going to die.. Even if you rev the other and immediately die, at least there's someone still alive.

If this happens to me, I try to QUICKLY turn on my mana shield to absorb all the damage and freeze the mob so I can get further back from them. And hopefully rev my partner before I die. It's happened several times but we've survived the majority of battles like this. If any of this makes sense... lol :P

Register
08-23-2011, 10:03 AM
One particular situation comes to mind. Gurgox.

Party wiped except me, and Gurgox was down to a few more seconds of bashing. He screams, and I'm caught between trying to run for the orb and maybe getting caught by the scream, or stay put and bash on him a bit more til he dies.

I stayed. He screamed and exploded. It missed! A second later, he dies.

*swag walk*

Lol that EXACT same thing happened to me when I was levleing. And before, the group said that A low level (50-) shouldnt be in group. And I was the one to kill gurg.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-23-2011, 10:11 AM
I have had alot of experinces like that mostly because my other Account is a Palladin and i can just heal really quick considering the fact i only had 10k pots with me so i was just clicking as fast as i could and i then i saw my revive power come back and i didnt hesitate i clicked it revived the whole team... And killed boss but whats sad is when ever i do something heroic i dont evev get a pink...... We should have a higher drop rate if we survive and rescue whole team just saying.....

Snakespeare
08-23-2011, 10:24 AM
You scream "Leeeroooooy Jennnnnkinnnnnnsssss" and charge on in!

Eyesharp
08-23-2011, 02:00 PM
I rerember I was the only one left fighting gold fever.Everyone died and I was left.I almost killed him but than I forgot about the gold exploding and I died.After that I went to balefort and told my friend about it.How I overcome it well I say FOR NARNIA!!!!

Cytokinesis
08-23-2011, 02:02 PM
hate when this happens cause then everyone blames me for no rev

crestmage
09-05-2011, 12:03 AM
You scream "Leeeroooooy Jennnnnkinnnnnnsssss" and charge on in!

LOL If i did tat i would die faster.http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/smilies/grumpy.png

crestmage
09-05-2011, 12:04 AM

Yes same here. My mage doesnt hav rev and the party keeps shouting "Rev pls!!" "Rev here!" "where the hell is the mage??!!"

crestmage
09-05-2011, 12:06 AM
LOL Battleshouts dont help :p

crestmage
09-05-2011, 12:07 AM
I have had alot of experinces like that mostly because my other Account is a Palladin and i can just heal really quick considering the fact i only had 10k pots with me so i was just clicking as fast as i could and i then i saw my revive power come back and i didnt hesitate i clicked it revived the whole team... And killed boss but whats sad is when ever i do something heroic i dont evev get a pink...... We should have a higher drop rate if we survive and rescue whole team just saying.....

Paladins survive in situations like these. If ur an Int mage u die first.

crestmage
09-05-2011, 12:09 AM
This can get everyone killed, unfortunately. Everyone has a place in the battle. Especially birds who can sit back further than anyone else and kill. The thing i've learned is that if there's more than, let's say, one mage, the worst thing to do is stay together when your health is falling fast. There has to be at least one of you who can rev the other or help heal. If one mage goes in too close or rushes in to take the mob head-on, the other should stay back and help freeze and cast spells from a distance. Someone is going to die.. Even if you rev the other and immediately die, at least there's someone still alive.

If this happens to me, I try to QUICKLY turn on my mana shield to absorb all the damage and freeze the mob so I can get further back from them. And hopefully rev my partner before I die. It's happened several times but we've survived the majority of battles like this. If any of this makes sense... lol :P

Ye pvp strategy has to be applied in these.

Hankomachos
09-05-2011, 12:14 AM
My story is similar to eyesharp aka nacho stealer. ;)

At the time my bear was level 50 (sporting the ole' 1h rift set;)) and me, a friend and 3 level 55 pugs were fighting goldfever. Every team member got fevered except me and they all died. So i stood there tanking him long enough until my team got there. Evidently we killed him... only my friend said "you're awesome!" and the pugs said nothhing. :grief:

NECROREAPER
09-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Aww too bad I wasn't there for that Hank, I would've been right by you slamming GF in the face with my hammer :D

For me, I just try and kill everyone as fast as I can and hope my beckon and HS cooldown fast enough so i can keep them stunned while hammer smashing them

Hankomachos
09-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Aww too bad I wasn't there for that Hank, I would've been right by you slamming GF in the face with my hammer :D

Aww, I know you would of. :) Or your hate sword! :D

themars
09-05-2011, 02:28 PM

Yes same here. My mage doesnt hav rev and the party keeps shouting "Rev pls!!" "Rev here!" "where the hell is the mage??!!"

Did u just tell us u don't have rev?

Cytokinesis
09-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Did u just tell us u don't have rev?
lol ikr

Coltona
09-05-2011, 04:22 PM
I know what i normally do (this happens alot in PUG's). In sewers i normally hold boss until all can run back to me for backup (not that hard on my dex bear lol). In a mob situation i normally keep up my spamming attacks and watch my health super close, this made me find out I can solo like any sewer level there is except maybe Cockroach who has a pretty hard hit, and Queen who heals too fast.

I had one team that kept calling my lvl 48 bird "ThelonearcherII" when the team died so much I soloed Overlord's level. (BTW the team was all 52, sad right?)

Cytokinesis
09-05-2011, 04:23 PM
(BTW the team was all 52, sad right?)
mhmm

brian_spence_ni
09-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Mana shield, all the way

Paar
09-05-2011, 04:42 PM
My story is when My team and I were at Snake Charmer. They all died and I soloed him because everyone else was to lazy to respawn

Keep in Mind Ima Fatty Fat Bear lol(:

Coltona
09-05-2011, 04:45 PM
my story is when my team and i were at snake charmer. They all died and i soloed him because everyone else was to lazy to respawn

keep in mind ima fatty fat bear lol(:

dex bears ftw!!!!!

Cytokinesis
09-05-2011, 04:45 PM
My story is when My team and I were at Snake Charmer. They all died and I soloed him because everyone else was to lazy to respawn

Keep in Mind Ima Fatty Fat Bear lol(:
lol i hate it when they do that and i have to solo them and they get the good drops tho there dead :/
BTW the devs should make it so that if someone is dead they dont get drops

Paar
09-05-2011, 04:51 PM
@ColtonAdkins

:), FTW!!!

@Anedefen

Exactly I get what your saying!!!!

crestmage
09-05-2011, 08:30 PM
My story is similar to eyesharp aka nacho stealer. ;)

At the time my bear was level 50 (sporting the ole' 1h rift set;)) and me, a friend and 3 level 55 pugs were fighting goldfever. Every team member got fevered except me and they all died. So i stood there tanking him long enough until my team got there. Evidently we killed him... only my friend said "you're awesome!" and the pugs said nothhing. :grief:

LOL Yeah. But in this case im a mage, not a tank. and im an Int mage, not a pally. So i cant survive as easily and long as u. One explode by gf and im dead lol.http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/smilies/crushed.png

Suentous PO
09-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Suhm rong wit me, I LOVE when I'm the only 1 left, usually I'm falsetto singing the "Rocky" song ( your the best around..). It's worth the billions I have to spend on heal pots. I wanna see whose tough/stubborn enough to come back for revenge.