PDA

View Full Version : Guilds - Ideas and Suggestions here!

Samhayne
08-23-2011, 10:14 AM
There is a ton we can do with Guild functionality. Guilds are currently in Star Legends and they will very soon be in Pocket Legends. I wanted to start a thread to compile ideas of what else can be done. Here are some existing threads too:

Go to guild hall button: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34259-Suggestion-quot-go-to-quot-for-guild-hall

Guild Stash with Logs: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34257-Suggestion-guild-stash-with-logs-possibly-restricted-access

Guild Logs of who joined, left, was kicked and by whom: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34180-Suggestion-for-guild-logs-of-who-joined-who-left-who-got-kicked-and-when

Option to see when members log on: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34077-Guild-option-to-let-guild-know-if-a-member-has-logged-on

Block Guild (and Friend) Requests: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?33552-Feature-Request-Block-Guild-Requests-amp-Friend-Requests

... what's your suggestion to improve Guilds?

What other ideas do you have for Guilds functionality?

Register
08-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Yay! Im ios but im sure ill come up with something xD

Tamino
08-23-2011, 10:19 AM
A way to have list of active guilds, the number of their members, and a presentation banner for each. All to help players to choose which guild is better for them!

SUPAPRODIGY
08-23-2011, 10:20 AM
How about our own designing of our Guild Picture the little \/ thing does not cut for me how about a little square where we can draw something or we can upload a picture but it first has to be approved by SpaceTime Studios
So people wont violated.....
EDIT: Add it more ideas

Second Idea: More Guild Ranks like we can make our own and we can also give what type of rights they have
For Example
Guildmaster
Captain of Battle
SGT.
Recruiter
Farming master....

Third idea a page where you can write messages for your clan and only certain people with rights can write on it you can also upload and image so when the click home you can see the image on the top right.... And all the messages down below.

Fourth idea: something like this lets say your in a Guild and your guild is called Spacetime Studios you can have guild name in front but Abreviated like this [STS]SamHayne so people would know what guild your in...

Last Idea Guild Taxes:
When your in a Guild you can Tax the whole guild a certain percent and it goes in to the Guild but only people witb the rights of the Guild bank like Guild Masters and people with the right can give money but taxea can only be taxed by percents like 1% 2% all the way to 5% that way you dont tax all the money from your members...

Thats all i have for today....:D

octavos
08-23-2011, 10:20 AM
My recommendations for customizing are.... These are all purchasable buy guild members not just guildmasters :D (help split the cost with other members)
-Action figures of bosses in hall
-Pool tables, dart boards, and more furniture (computers, vending machines, rugs, science equipment )
-purchasable themes EG:[amazon, desert, space station with windows ect...]
-an auction machine in hall.

Samhayne
08-23-2011, 10:22 AM

Pocket Legends will be getting Guilds in the near future (for both iOS and Android clients)

The Flash
08-23-2011, 10:28 AM

Pocket Legends will be getting Guilds in the near future (for both iOS and Android clients)

You should have guild stash where any member can stash and only officer and GM can unstash. On top make give officers and GM the ability to make a iteam(and unmake) any iteam a guild iteam which basiclly means you can let a guild member borrow it but can be taken back at any time and cant be traded or liquadated.

Ebalere
08-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Custom guild ranks, to make it easier to show who is a co-leader and such. I'm a GM, yet my rank shows officer, so guildmates that dont already know who I am someone they can talk to concerning guild matters that require a GM. You could make it so the co-founders can promote and demote officers, but not mess with the main GM's or other GM's ranks.

A proper guild stash so we don't all have to use a toon slot for a guild stash, with custom restrictions on donations and withdrawals.

A message the GM's can type in that will display once upon a guildmembers entry into blackstar.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Custom guild ranks, to make it easier to show who is a co-leader and such. I'm a GM, yet my rank shows officer, so guildmates that dont already know who I am someone they can talk to concerning guild matters that require a GM. You could make it so the co-founders can promote and demote officers, but not mess with the main GM's or other GM's ranks.

A proper guild stash so we don't all have to use a toon slot for a guild stash, with custom restrictions on donations and withdrawals.

A message the GM's can type in that will display once upon a guildmembers entry into blackstar.

Already posted it sorry was writing alot so you didnt see it.....

thugimmortal
08-23-2011, 10:50 AM
guild minigames

how about a shooting range where players compete to get the best score
each player is assigned a certain colour target to destroy. of course auto target would have to be disabled lol

Ellyidol
08-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Passive guild skills.

Simple ones that make a difference when ranked up. Buffs that elixirs would give, but very slightly only. Max level could give half of whatever the gold elixir multiplier is.

To level-up the guild, could be that only players at the elite level can do so, or there's a rank which automatically converts gained XP to guild XP.

Only the guildmaster can assign points. Plat for respec of guild points.

This would only apply if your team is full or majority is your guild. PvE maps, 3+ would activate these buffs. None in PvP.

Just throwing ideas out, main point is guild leveling.

Acyer
08-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Also I'm sure this has been posted but here it is. A guild terminal letting new players see what guilds are there and the activity of the guild like members and levels ect.... also the terminal posting guild rules and website links maybe and just the simple ways to join.

Orcish
08-23-2011, 11:11 AM
All bank storage tabs would be able to have their own "simple" titles set by the guild leader (with the same chat filter restrictions). Withdrawal limits set by the guild could include, gold, item quantity, length of loan, and member's rank storage access (again set by guild leader). Let's talk about the bank loan system. I'll use an example, to help explain my idea.

Orcish is a "New Recruit" and has the rank of "PVT" which allows him the ability to; access bank storage tab 3, withdrawal one item and 500 gold every 24 hours. Orcish can view other tabs but has no permissions allowing him to manipulate the other storage tabs(because the guild leader has set the option for all guildies to view all tabs, not just certain officer's, even though they could restrict viewing). Orcish withdrawals an item from bank storage tab 3 which happens to have an "item loan return" (Set particularly for bank storage tab 3 by the guild leader). When Orcish pulls the item from the bank, a ghost icon version of that item appears in the slot where the "physical" item was taken from. Twenty days later, Orcish forgets he has an item on loan status and that item teleports back to the slot, from which it came. Had Orcish clicked on the item prior to it being repossed, he would of seen the; date and time he withdrew the item and how many days and hours left on loan. The guild leader and the officers of the guild had now worries, because all they had to do was, select the ghost item in the bank slot, which would highlight it the ghost item/place keeper, and an information screen would popup with "WithdrawDate:6JULY2011/12:22PM PST BY: ORCISH DUE: 26JULY2011 BY:12:22PM PST" Had Orcish deleted his character, all "Loaned" items would of automatically teleported back to their respective bank storage slots (hence why there is a ghost version of that item). Orcish couldn't trade the item, nor could he sell it, even though he tried. Guild leaders could relax knowing that their guild leader made correct security decisions for the group and that there was always a bank log, to verify all banking activity. Had Orcish been a "Sgt" rank he would been able to hold on to the item without restriction from nontradable status and without a "due" date (because the guild leader set the options for the SGT's rank to "No Item Loan Return"). Also had Orcish been a SGT, he could of sold the item because it was no longer a nontrade or a "loan" item.

I feel that guild leaders must suffer a plat or gold penalty anytime after the first permissions are set, to detour fraud or any potential issues in relation. With a system like this, I don't see how anyone could exploit the bank, unless the guild leader made poor choices in setting up the guild bank options/permissions. I don't know, what do you guys think? [Also note items would return if that player leaves the guild or changes guilds]

Navygreen
08-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Definately give certain level members in the guild different levels of access to certain features. Only founders, officers, etc. can do certain things within the guild. It would give a bit of a feeling of a hierarchy and a way to motivate people to be better guild members by possibly moving up in ranks and having more say so within the guild.

A function to promote/demote members within certain ranks.

Cant wait thanks!

octavos
08-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Also I'm sure this has been posted but here it is. A guild terminal letting new players see what guilds are there and the activity of the guild like members and levels ect.... also the terminal posting guild rules and website links maybe and just the simple ways to join.

On the same note, using guild master lenox for options, eg: browsing different guilds and to apply to different guilds instead of looking for officers or forums (Do it all ingame). then they can see rules, members, est date ect... of guild from which they are applying for. and letting GM/officers decide to let them in or not....this helps if they are offline or online with a message, "Joeshmo wants to join guild" like the message joeshmo has joined guild :p

StompArtist
08-23-2011, 11:19 AM
A way to declare war on another guild which causes PvP matches/tournament. Winning guild get bragging rights and a trophy in guild hall.

JaytB
08-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Guild stash:
I'd like to see a system where specific people can lend stuff to other members. So basically, someone can be given the right to get an item out of the guild stash, and give it to 1 (and only 1) other member from within the guild. The item given should be non-tradable, Non-deletable and it can be called back into stash at any time, by the people responsible to manage the stash. Also a log for what went where could be useful, in order to be able to track the items. Maybe another rank for 'stash master(s)', who are able to permanently remove items or add them.

Guild Bank:
Same principle as guild stash. Only specific people would be able to add or remove gold from the bank, while there's a log for who did what. Or even, anybody can deposit to the bank, while again keeping track of who added what. I'm not sure how an official system of lending out gold should work though, there seem to be too many ways for scamming here. If gold is lend out, you can spend it, else there's no reason to be lending gold out in the first place. But what happens if a person decides to run off with the gold, or simply quits playing? I can't see how STS would refund gold that is lost. So this could be something the guild is responsible for in itself.

Guild chat:
I'd like to see a feature that allows you to temporarily put people in groups. This way group chat could become more useful, for pvp or other times where you just want to chat with a couple of close friends without anybody else 'overhearing' the conversation.

Officer titles or ranks:
Either officer titles (freely editable by the guild master) or ranks should be there too. This way people could get more specific titles than just 'officer'. Different rights for this groups should be selectable too (add/remove members, assign officers, guild/bank masters...)

There's definitely more, but these are the ones that come to mind right now :)

octavos
08-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Would like to be able to send messages while ppl are offline. helps with communication. or if your able to recive an email, that would be grand since SL is linked to an email account :p
having a cheack box to enable or disable emails would be great too, for ppl not wanting messages offline

Redbridge
08-23-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm really looking forward to guild functionality in PL.

My biggest wants are Guild stash for gear sharing/loaning. Also more officer ranks than just the existing ones in SL. (guild Leader & Officer)

Primarily i like to see a retrieval system for guild items which can be loaned out to guild members or even non-guild members. Many PL players have lots of stuff to offer and loaning gear to assist players would be a great feature.

My other big want is more ranks for guild officers. There as been much talk recently of 'rogue' officers and whilst that has a lot to do with bad selection, I think a broader range of admin function for junior and more senior officers would be ideal.

Some other things (i'll add more as remember them);
- Kicking guild members to be approved by more than one senior officer. IE first officer marks for removal, second officer finalises. This would hopefully reduce the obliteration of a guild by a single 'rogue' officer.
- A guild bank
- Guild alliances. A relationship status between guilds.
- Guild hall upgrades, training area or training dummies, mini games, i've got some other mad ideas too...lol
- Guild PvP functionality (internal and also guild vs guild)

Cascade
08-23-2011, 11:51 AM
IDEA 1: I think guilds need a way to differentiate themselves from other guilds...There are many ways you could do this...Whether it be a guild banner, guild rating system, or special guild symbol...

IDEA 2: Also, we need a terminal where we can put things like the guild's motto, mission, status (Ex: Guilds status is: Closed for membership), and a member count...I think this would be helpful to players that are trying to find a guild that suits them well.

Thanks for making this thread Sam :)

apoceq
08-23-2011, 11:53 AM
HOW ABOUT A /GUILD IGNORE FUNCTION? aLL IN FAVOR?

StompArtist
08-23-2011, 11:55 AM
HOW ABOUT A /GUILD IGNORE FUNCTION? aLL IN FAVOR?

That would ignore members of an entire guild?

apoceq
08-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah :)

drewcapu
08-23-2011, 11:57 AM
"Friend" functionality

having a + in the guild roster for someone who isn't in your Friends List
when making a friend request via guild roster, the request is in a different color than usual and is prefixed with something like, "Friend Request from Guild Member: "
Join/Invite/Message buttons via Guild Roster (if I remember correctly, you currently cannot even join a friend in a guild hall from the FL, even if you are in the same guild)
Guild members in your FL are denoted as such in some way

Guild Hall

being able to actually sit in those comfy seats instead of standing knee-deep in them
a simple whiteboard where people can write messages, draw stuff, etc. and the ability to save/lock (GM can overide). Can have multiple "pages" (one per guild member who chooses to post something?)

Other

If a friend on a different guild is in a guild hall, you shouldn't even have a button to Join. Similar to if they are in a map that you do not have access to.

Silentarrow
08-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Guild vanities. Make a NPC that lets you make customisable vanities. Price will be about 10-25 plat. All guild members will recieve the vanity.

Whirlzap
08-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Guild only instances, and guild level rankings!

Phitz
08-23-2011, 02:29 PM
How about, if you and your guild mates are doing a run, you all get an exp buff and it wouldn't have to be much, lets say x0.5. You could do this with armor, damage, or critical as well. So it would encourage people to join guilds, and guild mates to go on runs, and would also give a little help to those who can't afford enhancers.

Sorry I meant x1.5.

Silentarrow
08-23-2011, 02:31 PM
How about, if you and your guild mates are doing a run, you all get an exp buff and it wouldn't have to be much, lets say x0.5. You could do this with armor, damage, or critical as well. So it would encourage people to join guilds, and guild mates to go on runs, and would also give a little help to those who can't afford enhancers.

The damage and defence isnt neccisary, I would like to see the xp bonus though.

AOmonsta
08-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Hey like the new update.

One thing, the guild chat needs to be "all" green again. Me and few other guild members agreed.

komar
08-23-2011, 04:26 PM
guild bank!!!!!

Cascade
08-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Nah just having the name green is fine

Growwle
08-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Guild banks and customizable guild halls/ vanity gear.

Ebalere
08-23-2011, 07:18 PM
A way to declare war on another guild which causes PvP matches/tournament. Winning guild get bragging rights and a trophy in guild hall.

If the flames in Numa ever get any hotter, it will be because of things like this, you win, you get flamed, you lose, you get flamed.. too many immature kids stand around numa just swearing and going crazy on each other.. rediculous last night. anyone who has stood in numa for an hour knows whats up lol

But i guess if both guilds agreed then they should expect that kind of thing, it comes with the territory, AND HATERS GON' HATE!

shade634
08-24-2011, 08:13 AM
i posted an item before about joining , i realy dont like to add all my guildies in friend list, friend list to long, i asked about this, because a join button in guildtab would be nice. are we still in beta? cause i realy miss this feature ( i mean like friends join in dungeon)

octavos
08-24-2011, 10:29 AM
i posted an item before about joining , i realy dont like to add all my guildies in friend list, friend list to long, i asked about this, because a join button in guildtab would be nice. are we still in beta? cause i realy miss this feature ( i mean like friends join in dungeon)

In new client, your prayers have been answered my friend...check it out ....and join button in area like bases there is a bug.

bronislav84
08-24-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34662-Suggestion-Locations-on-new-Guild-interface

Accidentally posted in the wrong section, but I hope guilds let you see locations like friends list soon. Could it be moved to Suggestions please?
HOW ABOUT A /GUILD IGNORE FUNCTION? aLL IN FAVOR?That would be evil apoc. No need to ignore a whole guild just cause of one bad apple.
A way to declare war on another guild which causes PvP matches/tournament. Winning guild get bragging rights and a trophy in guild hall.While this would be a decent idea, along with this there needs to be an option to opt out of being declared war on or strong/large guilds will be bullying weaker/small guilds.

angeldawn
08-30-2011, 05:16 PM
An easy way to add guild members to friends list instead of having to add name.

I also like several ideas already posted including
Custom Vanity for guild member that cost plat
(but anyone can buy and give to others in same guild since some don't have plat)
Upgrades to Guild halls (Hottubs lol)
Guild Chat button
Shared Guild Chat and Bank

Thanks for asking for suggestions :-)