PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends on WebOS

Synthes
08-23-2011, 10:57 AM
I was wondering if the devs would be interested in a webOS port, I'm a long time player and switched over to an HP Touchpad along with around 2 million others this weekend because of the fire sale. The only thing I and many have been missing is a sweet app catalogue, and with the influx of users I think it'd be a really productive way to bring your great games over to new systems and make a lot of new customers.

Ellyidol
08-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Didn't HP scrap this tablet? Last I read, they were taken off shelves after a few days of sale. Some stores are even offering partial refunds or in-store credit.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Didn't HP scrap this tablet? Last I read, they were taken off shelves after a few days of sale. Some stores are even offering partial refunds or in-store credit.

Yes they did...

Synthes
08-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah, they also sold /2 million/ of them at discounted prices, and more are set to be on store shelves until they sell off the entire supply chain. You understand that knocks the android tablets sales out of the water for the entire quarter for all of them combined, most of them see around 250k sales a quarter. The 2 million happened in 3 days, and software development for webOS has NOT stopped. Making it an untapped platform for /millions/ of users many of which are aching for some PL, I can guarantee that..

mugen
08-23-2011, 11:12 AM
I was wondering if the devs would be interested in a webOS port, I'm a long time player and switched over to an HP Touchpad along with around 2 million others this weekend because of the fire sale. The only thing I and many have been missing is a sweet app catalogue, and with the influx of users I think it'd be a really productive way to bring your great games over to new systems and make a lot of new customers.
Got one cheap the other day did ya? lol! I would have got one too if i knew about the fire sale earlier,it was a great deal i heard.

Synthes
08-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Got one cheap the other day did ya? lol! I would have got one too if i knew about the fire sale earlier,it was a great deal i heard.

Got 3 for the entire family, haha.

e: also, the hardware specs would run the game phenomenally without much tweaking I would imagine, it's above the ipad 2

Growwle
08-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Hack it and put Android on it, I hear there is a contest to do it. Otherwise, you will end up with the "Amiga" of tablets.

Synthes
08-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Hack it and put Android on it, I hear there is a contest to do it. Otherwise, you will end up with the "Amiga" of tablets.

The contest is fake, but touchdroid is actually porting first 2.3, then 3.0 onto it. But that really isn't something the majority is willing or planning on doing, rooting and replacing firmware.

RedRyder
08-23-2011, 11:27 AM
In my area they dropped about $450 to 149.99. Thats crazy lol

mugen
08-23-2011, 11:29 AM
In my area they dropped about $450 to 149.99. Thats crazy lol
same here and with lifetime cloud storage! i dont think any are left around here :(

Synthes
08-23-2011, 11:40 AM
It's $99 for the 16gb, both are out of stock :P I got 3 from amazon reseller "Onsale" Sunday afternoon right as they came in stock and they got over 17k orders that afternoon alone

mugen
08-23-2011, 11:47 AM
It's $99 for the 16gb, both are out of stock :P I got 3 from amazon reseller "Onsale" Sunday afternoon right as they came in stock and they got over 17k orders that afternoon alone
ugh ive missed the boat on this one XD

Synthes
08-23-2011, 11:50 AM
ugh ive missed the boat on this one XD
There are several sites and stores that haven't adopted the sale yet, so I'm sure it's still a possibility. Just to go the HP Touchpad Forums (Precentral) and F5 all day erryday

Growwle
08-23-2011, 11:53 AM

The contest is fake, but touchdroid is actually porting first 2.3, then 3.0 onto it. But that really isn't something the majority is willing or planning on doing, rooting and replacing firmware.

If someone did though, it would be quite a deal for an Android tablet. I am actually disappointed by what HP did with the Palm OS. Palm was great in the past, but got killed by Windows Mobile, IOS and Android.

Cascade
08-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Was gunna buy an HP tablet but they sold out before i got to them :( its a shame too such a good price-99$

asommers
08-23-2011, 12:01 PM
I looked around locally and online but wasn't able to get my hands on one which unfortunately means no port. :/

-ALS

mugen
08-23-2011, 12:03 PM
There are several sites and stores that haven't adopted the sale yet, so I'm sure it's still a possibility. Just to go the HP Touchpad Forums (Precentral) and F5 all day erryday
hmm I'll look into this Thanks!

Synthes
08-23-2011, 12:04 PM
I looked around locally and online but wasn't able to get my hands on one which unfortunately means no port. :/

-ALS

There's more shipments coming from HP, some to fulfill already placed orders and some for more sales. Please wait a bit and check around some more. This would be awesome to have :)

Cascade
08-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Let me know if there is another sale of them lol would love to have one

Synthes
08-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Let me know if there is another sale of them lol would love to have one

There actually will be a "Part two" of the sale, HP hasn't shipped/sold the entire production line and stockpile they've accumulated.

Cascade
08-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Oh sweet do you have any idea when this will be? Can i pre order one?

Synthes
08-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Oh sweet do you have any idea when this will be? Can i pre order one?

No pre-ordering, that much I know for sure. Check slickdeals and the hp touchpad forums it's extremely active, and a lot of the threads I've seen are quick ones for fleeting sales you might be able to get in on

Roc
08-23-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't know why so many people are calling it a paperweight. If my paperweights could surf the web, I'd have more :triumphant: $99 dollars for a tablet is something :victorious:

StompArtist
08-23-2011, 12:59 PM

Amiga was awesome! Quad cores FTW!

Synthes
08-27-2011, 05:53 PM
got mine today, typing on it now, this thing flies :-P i take it no devs had a chance to pick one up?

Jjesus86
09-04-2011, 08:18 AM
bump! please port for webOS I want to play on a big screen. Hopefully that android hack will come soon.