PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Warrior Weapon Itemization in Underhul

VROOMIGoRealFast
06-30-2016, 05:32 PM
Hey guys,

I've seen questions come up about Warrior weapons a bit with the new expansion and wanted to give some clarity and history on Warriors in AL. In the past there were seasons where Warriors felt weak in AL PvE. Their level of tankiness wasn't needed to survive in maps, they had issues taunting and keeping aggro of enemies, and their damage output didn't match up with with other classes. This resulted in Warriors slowing down parties and being shunned. Due to issues trying to solve the problems of survivability being needed and aggro, the most viable solution was to increase the damage output of Warriors in an attempt to bring them closer to other classes. As you've seen this brought more viability to Warriors in some respects, but really just made them semi-Rogues with a lot more hp, which caused its own issues.

With the Underhul expansion we have re-evaluated the classes and their itemization, resulting in the Rogue armor changes as well as the dagger/bow and staff/gun changes. When looking at Warriors we addressed their core issues again and have been able to make our intended corrections to both taunt, and the need for Warriors in maps as a tank. Having fixed these issues for the Warriors, the previous damage inflation they gained left them too far above other classes, and it was time to remove that artificial inflation now that Warriors could assume their intended role. While I agree with players that the weapon procs had a large impact on it, the problem stemmed all the way from the base item stats. Warrior weapons were often given a lot of extra damage to make up for their core issues.

With the weapons in the Underhul expansion we have removed the artificially inflated damage stats for Warrior weapons, and they are now following along the same item progression plan that Rogues and Sorcerers are following. This did mean Warriors had a little extra suffering time while their weapons caught up with the old inflated damage. We know this hasn't been the happiest change while Warrior weapons caught up to the new itemization strategy, but similar to the armor reduction for Rogues, it's something we need to stand firm on for the overall balance of the game.
That all said, I'm happy to let Warriors know we have reached the point that their weapons have caught up to the itemization curve. We will be evaluating the balance of Warriors within new content and are very optimistic that they have come back in line and their progression will continue as intended from here out!

Specifically regarding the recently released Arcane Swords: The Immortal Corruption Blade has greater damage than the Dragon Hunter Sword. This is evident by seeing your Damage value as higher when you're equipping. The DPS of the weapon appears lower only because the attack speed of the Dragon Hunter Sword is slightly faster than the Immortal Corruption Blade. I double checked and can assure you the Immortal Corruption Blade has greater base damage, which will reflect in your abilities as well as basic attacks.

Putting the Spank in your Tank
-Vroom

crudmudgeon
06-30-2016, 08:08 PM
Very thoughtful and thorough explanation. Thank you

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Niixed
06-30-2016, 09:51 PM
Seriously gg vroom, super excellent explanation, leaves no questions and I find myself in complete agreement with your pov.

Midievalmodel
06-30-2016, 11:38 PM
Hey guys,

I've seen questions come up about Warrior weapons a bit with the new expansion and wanted to give some clarity and history on Warriors in AL. In the past there were seasons where Warriors felt weak in AL PvE. Their level of tankiness wasn't needed to survive in maps, they had issues taunting and keeping aggro of enemies, and their damage output didn't match up with with other classes. This resulted in Warriors slowing down parties and being shunned. Due to issues trying to solve the problems of survivability being needed and aggro, the most viable solution was to increase the damage output of Warriors in an attempt to bring them closer to other classes. As you've seen this brought more viability to Warriors in some respects, but really just made them semi-Rogues with a lot more hp, which caused its own issues.

With the Underhul expansion we have re-evaluated the classes and their itemization, resulting in the Rogue armor changes as well as the dagger/bow and staff/gun changes. When looking at Warriors we addressed their core issues again and have been able to make our intended corrections to both taunt, and the need for Warriors in maps as a tank. Having fixed these issues for the Warriors, the previous damage inflation they gained left them too far above other classes, and it was time to remove that artificial inflation now that Warriors could assume their intended role. While I agree with players that the weapon procs had a large impact on it, the problem stemmed all the way from the base item stats. Warrior weapons were often given a lot of extra damage to make up for their core issues.

With the weapons in the Underhul expansion we have removed the artificially inflated damage stats for Warrior weapons, and they are now following along the same item progression plan that Rogues and Sorcerers are following. This did mean Warriors had a little extra suffering time while their weapons caught up with the old inflated damage. We know this hasn't been the happiest change while Warrior weapons caught up to the new itemization strategy, but similar to the armor reduction for Rogues, it's something we need to stand firm on for the overall balance of the game.
That all said, I'm happy to let Warriors know we have reached the point that their weapons have caught up to the itemization curve. We will be evaluating the balance of Warriors within new content and are very optimistic that they have come back in line and their progression will continue as intended from here out!

Specifically regarding the recently released Arcane Swords: The Immortal Corruption Blade has greater damage than the Dragon Hunter Sword. This is evident by seeing your Damage value as higher when you're equipping. The DPS of the weapon appears lower only because the attack speed of the Dragon Hunter Sword is slightly faster than the Immortal Corruption Blade. I double checked and can assure you the Immortal Corruption Blade has greater base damage, which will reflect in your abilities as well as basic attacks.

-Vroom

Thank you vroom for this post. Alot of what you said makes alot of sense. I agree with many of the points. However, why does the new shield weapon have such pitiful armor? It has less armor than the old aegis shield? You want us to be tanky correct? Well prove it. Why come out with an inferior armor arcane shield weapon compared to a old mythic aegis weapon. You don't give us enough armor then we wont survive underhaul and we wont survive onslaught of damage by dps class in pvp. Take away our damage but give use our armor. Don't take away both.

Savagekantus
07-01-2016, 12:04 AM
yeah removing armor makes no sense...i honestly could care less about damage removal, but the armor ? kinda confused��

Midievalmodel
07-01-2016, 12:16 AM
I would also like to point out that I think you guys are misinterpreting the damage gain from warriors as coming from base stats and skill damage. This is completely untrue. The progression in terms of basic stats and base damage/skill damage for warrior weapons has been on a logical and good curve. Instead what is OP and causing our damage to have way surpassed what you want it to be is because of the OP Proc of the aegis (pve) and the dragon hunter arcane sword (PVP). I repeat it is the OP proc that gave us too much damage output. So what do you guys do? You nerf our basic stats of the new weapons and also gave us a proc that ensures it was not overpowering (thats a double whammy).......That is not the way to go about it. This will cause alot of imbalance later in the game. I suggest you guys bite the bullet and say you messed up and nerf the aegis and arcane sword procs or at least change its mechanics so it is not abused. Im tired of suffering and not getting new cool progression of arcane weapons because you guys messed up. This season has been boring as heck with no worthwhile new weapons to play with as a warrior.

Neisser Moya
07-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Taking the armor away makes no sense to me either, lvl31 mythic Vigilant Pavise of Fitness gives 247 amor, 25lvls later and we see the lvl56 (Arcane) Aegis with 53 armor more than the lvl31 (Mythic) Vigilant, and 74 armor less than the (Mythic) Aegis.

Midievalmodel
07-01-2016, 12:47 AM
Seriously STG please go back to the drawing board. Ask us for advice. It wont kill you to ask for advice before you release weapons. If you ran ur numbers and felt oh wow damage output of warriors are too high. Don't blindly nerf stuff when you guys barely play the game and don't know the intricacy of the games to make a sound decision on weapon stats. Ask us.....before you put out content. We could of enlightened you as to what specifically caused warrior damage output to be too high (aegis and dragon hunter proc....not the darn base stats) so you can fix what is broken instead of globally and blindly nerfing everything.

Tiki Aborigine
07-01-2016, 01:37 AM
I have some questions:
Does arcane shield taunt mobs then DMG proc?
Does new arcane sword stun bosses using charged attack?

Eatdamage
07-01-2016, 02:23 AM
Neither of the weapons come close to replacing my aegis, she been with me for 7 months <3

Minisalami
07-01-2016, 02:43 AM
Stun removed in ,normal" mode with the new sword definitely makes me stick with the old. Perhaps if prices go down a lot lot lot more I buy one just for fun and testing.

Luciano Lobo
07-01-2016, 02:53 AM
Hey guys,

-Vroom

Can you me explain how to use the aegis? I dont understand the take damage percentage thing to explode. I barely see it explode, its the total opposite for the old glintstone aegis. The new aegis needs a review in their functionality cause to wait for 70% and then 40% to see the proc is kinda useless. It's an arcane weapon please make it work, make it work.

VROOMIGoRealFast
07-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Thank you vroom for this post. Alot of what you said makes alot of sense. I agree with many of the points. However, why does the new shield weapon have such pitiful armor? It has less armor than the old aegis shield? You want us to be tanky correct? Well prove it. Why come out with an inferior armor arcane shield weapon compared to a old mythic aegis weapon. You don't give us enough armor then we wont survive underhaul and we wont survive onslaught of damage by dps class in pvp. Take away our damage but give use our armor. Don't take away both.

I reviewed the Glintstone Aegis and it appears that it was given a large amount of extra armor, much more than it should have had, as another attempt to increase Warrior usefulness. This is another side effect of bringing Warriors in line, to remove the boosted stats that were added to fix core problems. In current content we feel Warriors have the armor needed to survive and sustain fights, so armor values won't be buffed, but will be increasing naturally with gear progression from this point forward, much like the damage on weapons.

I appreciate the feedback and again we do acknowledge the strength of some Warrior procs and how they've attributed to this problem. While we do not plan to retroactively reduce the power of these procs, we are taking their effects into consideration when creating new weapon procs. The Glintstone Aegis was designed to overcome Warrior issues by giving them an enhanced form of damage as well as a reliable taunting mechanism. The Dragon Hunter Sword gave Warriors reliable crowd control when it procced as well as a heavy damage increase. Again, now that we have addressed the core issues with the Warrior, we no longer have to try to solve these problems by inflating Warrior stats. These procs do take the Warrior's base stats into their formulas, so having more base damage than necessary also means the procs are doing more damage than necessary.

Hercules
07-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Beetle armor and helmet of assault give me 200 armor each. that is cool :P

Neisser Moya
07-01-2016, 12:53 PM
I reviewed the Glintstone Aegis and it appears that it was given a large amount of extra armor, much more than it should have had, as another attempt to increase Warrior usefulness. This is another side effect of bringing Warriors in line, to remove the boosted stats that were added to fix core problems. In current content we feel Warriors have the armor needed to survive and sustain fights, so armor values won't be buffed, but will be increasing naturally with gear progression from this point forward, much like the damage on weapons.

I appreciate the feedback and again we do acknowledge the strength of some Warrior procs and how they've attributed to this problem. While we do not plan to retroactively reduce the power of these procs, we are taking their effects into consideration when creating new weapon procs. The Glintstone Aegis was designed to overcome Warrior issues by giving them an enhanced form of damage as well as a reliable taunting mechanism. The Dragon Hunter Sword gave Warriors reliable crowd control when it procced as well as a heavy damage increase. Again, now that we have addressed the core issues with the Warrior, we no longer have to try to solve these problems by inflating Warrior stats. These procs do take the Warrior's base stats into their formulas, so having more base damage than necessary also means the procs are doing more damage than necessary.

Immortal Aegis has 136.6dps, Why don't STS takes away dps back to 117.3 which is the lvl46 Aegis, and give us more armor? I mean armor for dps and dmg trade. Because if what i want is to be tanky, sure as hell I wont use millions in the Arcane Aegis that has less armor, rather buying the lvl46 Aegis, with a fair dps and dmg and way more armor than Arcane.

Midievalmodel
07-01-2016, 04:27 PM

Vroom I'm sorry but I am still not understanding why there is no progression in our base stats for new arcane weapons. You admitted that its the OP proc of the old aegis and arcane sword that has caused all the issues and you also admitted you wont fix or change any of that. So then those old weapons causing imbalance is a mute point since you wont do anything about it. So explain to me why you are coming out with extremely nerfed and underpowered new arcane weapons? That wont change any of the overpowered damage output curve issues of the old weapons because the root of the problem was the old aegis proc and dragon hunter sword proc. So instead you come out with ridiculously bad new arcane weapons for warriors? Giving us progression of base stats on the new arcane weapons wont affect the power output curve of warriors much because you have now appropriately chose a more controlled non op proc for new weapons.

In essence you nerfing the proc of the new arcane weapons was a very good direction. But you guys nerfing the base stats for new arcane weapons is misdirected energy and idea into fixing something that wasn't broke. You telling us that the higher the weapon damage the more powerful the proc would be on our new weapons is a scapegoat I'm sorry to say. You could of easily gave use better base stats and decrease the damage output of the proc of the new arcane weapons to ensure its balanced and not overpowered.

You also admitted that the old aegis proc gave too much armor stack because of its proc and that was the reason why you felt it was too overpowered armor wise. Well the new arcane shield for warriors do not have any armor stack in the proc. So you have now essentially fixed that issue with the new arcane shield. So why on earth did you guys decide to give us even less armor base stats with the new arcane shield compared to old aegis?

Also please go run elite underhaul map 2 and 3 for me "without" anti-gnome set and come back and tell me if you think warriors have enough armor.....You telling us that you think warriors have enough armor is proof positive you don't play this game and are making assumptions.

Crackerzseven
07-01-2016, 06:31 PM
Having used new arc sword I can honestly say it's useless, why give us weapon with ten less str 4% less crit less bonus dmg less DPS weak proc over a weapon ten levels less, for 20 more base dmg..at least make it comparable to old weapon..make str the same or put crit back...I feel we are being the scape goats for previous mistakes...why would any warr want these new weapons?..

Sxvm
07-01-2016, 06:38 PM
I'm honestly happy to hear tanks cry now, it's been a long time since this happended lol

Crackerzseven
07-01-2016, 06:50 PM
U mean since Lev 46 arc sword came out, that hasn't been that long, before then warrs were not required anywhere, mages is where it's at now, lol

ilmercenario
07-01-2016, 09:14 PM
I totally agree with crackerz, i bought the new sword for 6m nd it is totally useless, the previous sword its totally better, i feel like i bought a leggendary sword for 6m lol, pls vrrom go vs a rogue or mage with new arcanew eapons, nd then tell me if its balanced, go try run pve new weapon useless there too.

Safiras
07-01-2016, 09:18 PM
I'm honestly happy to hear tanks cry now, it's been a long time since this happended lol

Not about tanks crying, not about anyone crying for that matter. It's about being as fair as possible to all classes. Though I understand where Vroom is coming from in terms of class balance being thrown off by lvl46 tank weapons and the lvl56 ones being more in line with overall gear progression and class balance.

Maybe the playerbase has not yet found a way to use the lvl56 weapons to their full potential, but at the moment it seems that they can't measure up to the lvl46 ones. I haven't yet run with tanks who are using the new weapons, but if with the Corrupted weapons tanks again struggle to be relevant in PvE, it's something that has to be looked at before we just say that tanks are just being brought back in line.

ilmercenario
07-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Safiras, or anyone here explain me, what sense have bring new weapons that are worse then the previous? Only this i want to know, tell me for what those new weapns for tank can be more useful then the olds that are actually better, for what should i use those new weapons, pls explaination

Sxvm
07-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Safiras, or anyone here explain me, what sense have bring new weapons that are worse then the previous? Only this i want to know, tell me for what those new weapns for tank can be more useful then the olds that are actually better, for what should i use those new weapons, pls explaination

They are relatively the same, because as vroom said tanks damage wasn't where it would have been if there was more damage added to the new sword, so they kept it near the same but just really a different proc.

Safiras
07-01-2016, 09:52 PM
There is no sense if you look at it that way. But if you consider the explanation that Vroom offered, that the lvl46 weapons were given extraordinarily powerful buffs that made tanks perhaps too powerful at that level, then you can see the reason for the level of power of the current weapons. There is unfortunately no good solution to this issue. Either you see the old weapons as overpowered, or the new weapons as underpowered. Either nerf the old ones or buff the new ones. Either way there will be a large group of players that will be complaining. Probably for now, more trials on using the new weapons will need to take place before we can really say that they truly need adjustment. It wasn't too long ago that the Glintstone Aegis was being looked at as inferior to the lvl41 Mythic shield weapons.

ilmercenario
07-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Look, the proc of that sword is really weak in pvp, i vsed with a tank using new sword, he used old one, he won 3-0 his heal never got down then 60%, so where i can use new sword? pve? no aegis still better, pvp no dragon hunter sword better where? useless new weapons then just for show off ok got it thx very much sts :D

Neisser Moya
07-01-2016, 10:43 PM

You should had seen all the rouges crying rivers when armor and crit debuff, please.:shame:

Midievalmodel
07-01-2016, 11:30 PM
There is no sense if you look at it that way. But if you consider the explanation that Vroom offered, that the lvl46 weapons were given extraordinarily powerful buffs that made tanks perhaps too powerful at that level, then you can see the reason for the level of power of the current weapons. There is unfortunately no good solution to this issue. Either you see the old weapons as overpowered, or the new weapons as underpowered. Either nerf the old ones or buff the new ones. Either way there will be a large group of players that will be complaining. Probably for now, more trials on using the new weapons will need to take place before we can really say that they truly need adjustment. It wasn't too long ago that the Glintstone Aegis was being looked at as inferior to the lvl41 Mythic shield weapons.

The main point everyone is missing is that the old procs were too powerful. The new procs are now more balanced and in line. So that issue was fixed. Giving the new arcane weapons better base stats wont ruin any of the power curve. As of right now the new arcane weapons are well well below the old arcane weapon and mythic aegis in terms of power. At least increase the base stats of new arcane weapons by a little to make these weapons only slightly weaker than the old arcane sword and mythic aegis. This is only fair since mages and rogues have significant increase in base stats of their new arcane weapons.

Crackerzseven
07-02-2016, 01:20 AM
U've only got to look at how far the prices have fallen to know how desirable new warr weapons are...the sword will fall below old 46 arc sword..it truly is a crap weapon..

Minisalami
07-02-2016, 01:24 AM
Yup.....see Ardbegs Thread about the new Aegis. A weapon nobody needs as it seems...

Btw: I saw rouges and mages starting to discuss again whether warriors are still needed in pt anymore because of that "self healing" mechanism of their new arcane weapons. So it all starts again....

Potato is me
07-02-2016, 01:46 AM
Hey guys,

-Vroom

Thank you very much for the awesome explanation, can you increase the price for liquidation for the sword to about 4m or so? I'm sure that not one arc sword will be left in circulation after that, also please remove it from the loot table so that no one will commit suicide from looting it

Anyona
07-02-2016, 05:32 AM
Could you please evaluate how much damage the new arcane aegis does? It's ridiculous in pvp. Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luciano Lobo
07-02-2016, 07:11 AM
The new aegis is not a tank weapon is a suicidal weapon.You will have to be constantly in low health to make it shine or is useless. I agree with the itemization progress but I disagree with the functionality of the weapon. Is a difficult weapon to use for everybody. This should be fixed asap because is an arcane weapon! not even mythic! stop giving us gimmicks.

konafez
07-02-2016, 08:03 AM
I was never a big fan of the old arcane sword, I don't do PvP so I never found it useful

But....

I really don't see the new one being useful at all..and the new aegis just turns me into a suicide bomber...

I will just stick with my old aegs and my bonesaw

TW84
07-02-2016, 11:30 AM

Sure. You just go elite underhul without a tank then. I have exquisite/noble diamonds and best non-antignome tank survivability gear and I'm not going there. I'll happily wait a year for those elite APs.

To be honest, I dont give a rats arse about how much damage I do in PVE if I cant survive well enough.

msustro
07-02-2016, 11:50 AM
This is reminiscent of the "progression" with the Arcane Pendant and will likely suffer the same response from STS even though complaints are warranted.

Sticky thread -> Feedback on Illogical Progression -> Thread Closed -> STS Deletes Thread from the Forum due to "drama"

Ardbeg
07-02-2016, 12:18 PM
I just found this thread... Am i the only one who finds the new corrupted blade highly useful? it has a very predictable mob stun and this nice death grip / banish proc which is also very neat once the baddies are stunned. On the new maps, in the absence of antignome sets, many tanks run with one attack skill, hor, and jugg+vb or even jugg+rally cry. Having a weapon that does something useful with the autoattack is a great asset for these tanks.
As for the new aegis, it s a vanity. It does nothing better than the old one, sorry. Even if the old was op, shouldn t we have at least one little reason to wear it on maps and not just in towns? Maybe some useful immunity, or a any non contradicting proc. Anything which is at least some progress compared to the old one.

dinzly
07-02-2016, 04:06 PM
new arc weapons for tank are just vanity.

Robhawk
07-02-2016, 05:46 PM
So i get the point why the new weapons are weaker then the old. but... why should someone buy the new ones when the old ones are still available?

STS a little hint: Just watch each new arcane weapons average price in cs. Then you know which weapons need a buff or a nerf... mage gun is 10M, warrior weapons are 4M. No need to thank me, you are welcome. :02.47-tranquillity:

ilmercenario
07-02-2016, 05:52 PM
I just found this thread... Am i the only one who finds the new corrupted blade highly useful? it has a very predictable mob stun and this nice death grip / banish proc which is also very neat once the baddies are stunned. On the new maps, in the absence of antignome sets, many tanks run with one attack skill, hor, and jugg+vb or even jugg+rally cry. Having a weapon that does something useful with the autoattack is a great asset for these tanks.
As for the new aegis, it s a vanity. It does nothing better than the old one, sorry. Even if the old was op, shouldn t we have at least one little reason to wear it on maps and not just in towns? Maybe some useful immunity, or a any non contradicting proc. Anything which is at least some progress compared to the old one.

Yes ardbeg, it can have a use in pve, thx to the stun etc, but isnt aegis still better? Then another thing, did u try the sword in pvp? It never proc nd when it does, have a really ridiculous dmg like leggendary sword compared to old one, thats all i can say.

Midievalmodel
07-02-2016, 06:10 PM

i only find the corrupted blade mildly to moderately useful. I wouldn't go as far as saying highly useful. Perhaps its because I run with 3 attack skill and jug without any heal. I just finding auto attacking with new arcane blade and then getting death grip and then charging auto attack over and over makes the runs too slow. I also find that you don't aggro mobs as well and don't protect your team as well. Though it is cool to stun mobs and banish mobs/bosses but it slows down run alot and does not protect party as well as aegis. I would rather run with aegis, aggro all mobs, spam mad pots and protect party. I guess its a toss up to use new or old arcane blades at boss.

Ardbeg
07-02-2016, 07:17 PM
So i get the point why the new weapons are weaker then the old. but... why should someone buy the new ones when the old ones are still available?

This. if there's not single discipline where the new weapon is better than the old for whatever plausible reason, why do you expect players to happily spend money on crates for it?

Yes ardbeg, it can have a use in pve, thx to the stun etc, but isnt aegis still better? Then another thing, did u try the sword in pvp? It never proc nd when it does, have a really ridiculous dmg like leggendary sword compared to old one, thats all i can say.

I always prefered the Aegis over the arcane sword, because i never liked running around like a headless chicken and trying to proc lava sprouts. But the new arcane weapon let s me exactly control when and what to stun, and that is a big thing for me. Combined with jugg you can disarm all beetles and help your group a lot. if you have only one weapon, choose the old aegis, but as a second choice or for offtanks in a 2 tank party it s really a great adddition. I don't pvp, so i can t comment on that.

i only find the corrupted blade mildly to moderately useful. I wouldn't go as far as saying highly useful. Perhaps its because I run with 3 attack skill and jug without any heal. I just finding auto attacking with new arcane blade and then getting death grip and then charging auto attack over and over makes the runs too slow. I also find that you don't aggro mobs as well and don't protect your team as well. Though it is cool to stun mobs and banish mobs/bosses but it slows down run alot and does not protect party as well as aegis. I would rather run with aegis, aggro all mobs, spam mad pots and protect party. I guess its a toss up to use new or old arcane blades at boss.

I usually run with 1 tank, 1 rogue, and trying to run with two mages these days (since the hexstaff came out). I don t have to try to focus on aegis proc in this constellation anymore, but the taunting is what i need. I heavily rely on hor and have a mastery of 10 in it, so i can have extra armor for the party. Overall, i think the damaging days of tanks are over, but i am really happy to be able to stun on the point. Of course this is dependent from the setup and the team but it works very well for me in pve.

Detona
07-03-2016, 12:18 AM
So I expected a little more of the new Aegis , but and true their " Proc " this far from the old Aegis resulting You have to lose HP in order to generate a short burst rate that not even seem to take place in such mobs . Well just hope sts look quickly and as soon as possible for these things.

Detona
07-03-2016, 12:35 AM
The new Aegis would be a little better if it had a proc that stun the mobs for 3 to 4 sec , what you are doing and hit and hit repeatedly until you lose 70 % to 40 % of your HP . for Proc

Juvisavburst
07-03-2016, 04:54 AM
Had to read alot. Still the 46 level arcane weapon is better than 56

Ardbeg
07-03-2016, 06:56 AM
you alywas have to do it right?

Could you clarify what *it* is? Also, i have the feeling that this is not remotely related to the warrior itemization discussion, so feel free to pm me about it.

Midievalmodel
07-03-2016, 06:01 PM
This. if there's not single discipline where the new weapon is better than the old for whatever plausible reason, why do you expect players to happily spend money on crates for it?

I always prefered the Aegis over the arcane sword, because i never liked running around like a headless chicken and trying to proc lava sprouts. But the new arcane weapon let s me exactly control when and what to stun, and that is a big thing for me. Combined with jugg you can disarm all beetles and help your group a lot. if you have only one weapon, choose the old aegis, but as a second choice or for offtanks in a 2 tank party it s really a great adddition. I don't pvp, so i can t comment on that.

I usually run with 1 tank, 1 rogue, and trying to run with two mages these days (since the hexstaff came out). I don t have to try to focus on aegis proc in this constellation anymore, but the taunting is what i need. I heavily rely on hor and have a mastery of 10 in it, so i can have extra armor for the party. Overall, i think the damaging days of tanks are over, but i am really happy to be able to stun on the point. Of course this is dependent from the setup and the team but it works very well for me in pve.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I can see how your situation of running with another tank can be useful. Also I just want to point out Ard that you have maxed out banished set (or at least antignome set). That means you can survive alot without aegis. 99 percent of the warrriors in the game do not have antignome or banish set. So running with aegis is almost critical for armor stack to survive. But with your point if you run with a second tank you can afford to have less armor.

Ardbeg
07-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I can see how your situation of running with another tank can be useful. Also I just want to point out Ard that you have maxed out banished set (or at least antignome set). That means you can survive alot without aegis. 99 percent of the warrriors in the game do not have antignome or banish set. So running with aegis is almost critical for armor stack to survive. But with your point if you run with a second tank you can afford to have less armor.

I am always the first to point out that the aegis cannot be replaced. i didn't even on bosses with old arcane sword because i find the taunt crucial. We fully agree on the Aegis. The new one is a Glorious vanity. Where i like to differ is the new arcane Sword, where i see some use cases. Maybe not for every team, surely not for pvp players, but if you want to give feedback what works and what not, it s important to be specific. Tanks are not alone with itemization woes. Let s hope we see some revisions. And it doesn t have to be a second tank. Two mages in team with a hexstaff who know their ice spell well...

Luciano Lobo
07-03-2016, 11:20 PM
I suggest a buff in the damage of the proc of the arcane aegis. With the difficult in using the weapon there should be a benefit in the damage of the proc to be really useful in PvE and PvP too.

Pacmanx
07-04-2016, 12:44 AM
Hey guys,

-Vroom
U didn't balance anything u basically have us sticking with low lvl weapons ,first off warriors don't care about damage so if the new corruption sword has more damage that doesn't matter since in pvp and pve rogues n mage r the killers .

Second only nub wars use swords against mobs so the banish on the sword is also useless since we need a weapon that works kind of like the aegis no damage but it gets the job done because of its proc ,leave the banish to the pets .
U didn't make war weapons catch up u took 2 steps forward and decided to go as far back as u could to when wars were being ignored . Even that new aegis isn't any help low armor and hp for a useless proc .

Rogue n mage both got weapons they could use in both pve and pvp all we warriors received was vanity arcane and a cheer up pal u finally caught up .

U should let actual players who actually play certain classes test weapons before u release that way u can receive feed back as of right now wars are sticking with hood old aegis and dragon sword . Thanks for the vanity weapons

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Pacmanx
07-04-2016, 12:57 AM

BTW I'm a tank with 3700 armor with glintstone aegis and those underhul mobs effin hurt and u decide to take away armor on the new aegis .
That new 56 aegis explodes at 70% and 40% hp but the point of a tank is to b tank not let urself get down on hp to the point where u could die just to make ur weapon proc ,u need to stay alive and let ur team handle the killing ,tanks need to stay with hp way more than 70% in underhul cuz those green hat goblins combined with the mage worm and every other mob hurt pretty bad so getting that 56 aegis is pointless .nobody wants a tank dying cuz he wanted to make his weapon proc . Any of u devs should take a couple runs with real tanks real players who actually run underhul as a way to farm so u can see how to fix ur so called new arcane weapons .

Pacmanx
07-04-2016, 01:08 AM
Btw I'm a tank with 3700 under armor using glint aegis ,now when we run Underhul the mobs like to stack and it doesn't matter how high my armor is or my hp since those mobs r pretty damn OP when they stack up against u.
So think about it with my 3700 armor and still having trouble here and there when the mobs stack and u take away that bit of armor and hp it affects us a lot cuz we won't wanna potentially die just cuz hey 56 aegis explodes when ur hp drops lol . Tanks need to b tanks that means no dying if u can keep urself from dying. No war will risk his hp to drop that much for a stupid proc especially with 200 less armor and 100 less hp .
I suggest any of u devs run with some real players who actually farm Underhul and tell us how easy it is to farm using those new weapons ,we will show u how much easier using old glint and sword helps u run way faster, we're tanks we don't give 2 damns about damage we care about our armor and hp and of course how well our weapons HELP keep both ourselves and our team alive . Give me a shout if u wanna test it out vroom xxxpacmanxx from DM I'll help u open ur eyes .

Robhawk
07-04-2016, 02:29 AM
At the end of the event the new arcane l56 warrior weapons will be cheaper then the l46 arcane sword... This also points out 1 of the biggest mistakes STS ever did to this game: Progression combined with rarity and level! A L56 arcane item should be way better then a L46 arcane item. The L46 arcane should be slightly better then a L56 legendary item. I mean the new L54 arcane amulet is equal or weaker then a l41 myth amulet... lol.

When you want to fix things you did wrong in the past, f.e. OP procs/weapons like l46 arcane sword, u have too make a bigger jump in item progression with current L56 arcane weapons FOR ALL CLASSES! What you are doing now is nerf warriors while rogues and mages get buffed.

So with the release of korruption which makes Hor and Jugger useless and the current new arcane weapons finally the golden age of smurfs begin. Time to put my warrior to sleep again and switch back to my mage! :D

MasterP
07-04-2016, 04:35 AM
lol only rogues and mages like vrooms post... typical

MasterP
07-04-2016, 04:43 AM
@vroom iv never used the arc sword (46) for mob control.. so not sure what you are talking about. Most Only Use it at bosses to be honest. Do you guys play this game? You say you do... But im not buying it..

You've addressed our issues by bringing balance back, when you gave us the arc sword 46... And now you have undressed us again it seems... If this is your final stance on the new arcane weapons for warriors.. Then thank you but no thank you.. Ill stick with 46 gear as it is far superior in every aspect.

Arcael
07-04-2016, 05:18 AM

You're not the only one. I find them pretty useful as well. And the charged Attack damages a lot...like SS and much more than a few rounds of windmill. Still, some times the charged attack takes time- I usually jugg myself so that I amn't stunned when I'm busy charging it.

Arcael
07-04-2016, 05:21 AM

No good in pvp. Tried duelling with old Sword-owner wars. They killed me mercilessly.
You would better use lvl 37 bonesaw in Lvl 56 pvp than this one

greekAL
07-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Hey guys,

-Vroom

we dont ask for op weapon like arcane sword but new sword need fix 100% at least something like the proc of old bonesaw and the armor of old bonesaw! tht will help and will make it useful without be OP!

Robhawk
07-04-2016, 09:17 AM
So i bought a new sword too and honestly, ... LOL!

Axe throw does nearly the same damage then the l46 arc sword, there is literally no difference here...

The old sword has:

more DPS
+11 STR
+2 INT
+4,1% Crit

The old sword also has the well known proc, compared to the new one its like the new one doesnt have a proc and on top of that the old sword procs far more often then the new... Imho when you swap the level of both swords everybody is fine with it, lol!

L56 Dragon Hunter Sword, 176,3 DPS, 74 STR, 39 INT, 4,1% crit
L46 Immortal Corruption Blade, 164,2 DPS, 63 STR, 37 INT, 0% crit
I mean look at those numbers, i just CANT BE the other way around !?!?!?

As we all know its the other way around, the weapon with the weaker stats is 10 levels above the other one. :witless:

Even with all the explanation its just ridiculous to give 2 classes better weapons and 1 class weaker weapons then its predecessors... It should have been that way, all 3 classes get better weapons to make the old ones obsolete! So now mages are happy with new staff and gun, rogues are ok with new bow/daggers and warriors just still have to use either a L41 myth aegis or a l46 arcane sword... The value of blood chests is nearly the same as old massive locked! So a warrior looking for a weapon opens old massive locked, rogues and smurfs can open the new blood chests, jesus!

It would have been better to just not introduce new arcane weapons instead of these that were released! In terms of PVP there is just only 1 new good weapon and that is the arcane gun!
So smurfs made a huge step forward, rogues made a little step forward and warriors just didn't move. Since smurfs wrecked warriors since health and damage nerf and the introduction of korruption you now give them more damage on top, wow...

resurrected
07-04-2016, 10:02 AM
So i bought a new sword too and honestly, ... LOL!

Axe throw does nearly the same damage then the l46 arc sword, there is literally no difference here...

The old sword has:

more DPS
+11 STR
+2 INT
+4,1% Crit

The old sword also has the well known proc, compared to the new one its like the new one doesnt have a proc and on top of that the old sword procs far more often then the new... Imho when you swap the level of both swords everybody is fine with it, lol!

L56 Dragon Hunter Sword, 176,3 DPS, 74 STR, 39 INT, 4,1% crit
L46 Immortal Corruption Blade, 164,2 DPS, 63 STR, 37 INT, 0% crit
I mean look at those numbers, i just CANT BE the other way around !?!?!?

As we all know its the other way around, the weapon with the weaker stats is 10 levels above the other one. :witless:

Even with all the explanation its just ridiculous to give 2 classes better weapons and 1 class weaker weapons then its predecessors... It should have been that way, all 3 classes get better weapons to make the old ones obsolete! So now mages are happy with new staff and gun, rogues are ok with new bow/daggers and warriors just still have to use either a L41 myth aegis or a l46 arcane sword... The value of blood chests is nearly the same as old massive locked! So a warrior looking for a weapon opens old massive locked, rogues and smurfs can open the new blood chests, jesus!

It would have been better to just not introduce new arcane weapons instead of these that were released! In terms of PVP there is just only 1 new good weapon and that is the arcane gun!
It should be mythic sword not arcane c(:

Robhawk
07-04-2016, 10:09 AM
It should be mythic sword not arcane c(:

Even as l56 mythic sword it would be weak with current stats... Lets say its L56 legendary, then we are near the truth!

Potato is me
07-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Usually i would go against a recolor but this time i my as well sts just recolours the dragon sword and buff the stats a bit and there u go lvl 56 dragon sword, everybody's satisfied

thegame
07-04-2016, 12:16 PM
vroom,I see mages with 1900 DPS,1500-1600 damage, rogues with 2400 DPS,and 1300 damage with new arcnane weapons,then you guys create korruption,who is a tank killer plain and simple, you give us tanks less armour,and make everyone else so much more powerful and in PvP now,mages are absolutely destroying tanks,rogues are crit shooting warriors like it's OK. But congrats you all have given the game back to rogues and once again made tanks dummies to farm in PvP. thanks continue the nerf! :-)

Midievalmodel
07-04-2016, 03:22 PM
I am always the first to point out that the aegis cannot be replaced. i didn't even on bosses with old arcane sword because i find the taunt crucial. We fully agree on the Aegis. The new one is a Glorious vanity. Where i like to differ is the new arcane Sword, where i see some use cases. Maybe not for every team, surely not for pvp players, but if you want to give feedback what works and what not, it s important to be specific. Tanks are not alone with itemization woes. Let s hope we see some revisions. And it doesn t have to be a second tank. Two mages in team with a hexstaff who know their ice spell well...

Okay I'm going be as honest as possible here. Frankly Ard if i ran with you and you were the second tank and had banish set. I would want both of us to use aegis. We both smash mobs especially you with ur banish set and high damage using aegis is so so beneficial. I would not ever ever want you to use the new arcane sword. On the boss I guess you can argue to use the new arcane sword but the fact that it banish bosses is a bug and will be fixed. So there really is no use for the new arcane sword if you truly run elite maps correctly. Thats my honest opinion. Other leaderboard timed run warriors (this does not include me fyi) can also chyme in if they think i'm totally off base.

Ardbeg
07-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Okay I'm going be as honest as possible here. Frankly Ard if i ran with you and you were the second tank and had banish set. I would want both of us to use aegis. We both smash mobs especially you with ur banish set and high damage using aegis is so so beneficial. I would not ever ever want you to use the new arcane sword. On the boss I guess you can argue to use the new arcane sword but the fact that it banish bosses is a bug and will be fixed. So there really is no use for the new arcane sword if you truly run elite maps correctly. Thats my honest opinion. Other leaderboard timed run warriors (this does not include me fyi) can also chyme in if they think i'm totally off base.

This is what i use at the moment:
3 banish parts, 2 haste parts
ss, cs, jugg, hor mm
new arcane sword

I already told you the aegis is not replacable, but i ran a lot with it and need some change from time to time. This setup allows me to explore a complete different style and it s tons of fun when coupled with competent mages with hexstaffs (whichs wildfire proc really puts the aegis proc to shame). I don't claime that s the most efficient run possible, and still i don't care for lb. I am just saying it is a refreshing enjoyable experience after a too long period with the same weapon. And you are probably spot on, this possibly doesn't work without major buffs from the obscene expensive sets, i didn t test it with normal gear yet. Still it is fiendishly fun to run this way and i had no complains so far from my party. With the 100% stun i can keep all mobs stunned while the dpss do their work.

Hercules
07-04-2016, 03:45 PM
When I saw in aucion the low prices of new arcane vanity weapons of warr I understood in that moment "Problems"

ilmercenario
07-04-2016, 05:05 PM
thats plain lie
rogue still cant beat warr on vs neither with dagg or bow. dont blame others because you sucked at clash and cry here

dps means nothing, that shows your lack of knowledge. In pvp what you gain with skill dmg you lose with basic atack on dagger and vica versa for bow there is no superb boost like jump with arcane sword proc at its release

that arcane sword proc aegis dmg is actuaslly the cause of all this mess, sooner you understand that faster it gets a fix of class balance. why the hell tanks gets damage proc on aegis a deffensive weapon

Hahaha irelia, go duel zeus with new bow as tank :D, he even broke my jugg once lol, well we can say rog nd tanks are kinda same level but mages .. just lol we are their food now

Pacmanx
07-05-2016, 01:32 AM
This is what i use at the moment:
3 banish parts, 2 haste parts
ss, cs, jugg, hor mm
new arcane sword

I already told you the aegis is not replacable, but i ran a lot with it and need some change from time to time. This setup allows me to explore a complete different style and it s tons of fun when coupled with competent mages with hexstaffs (whichs wildfire proc really puts the aegis proc to shame). I don't claime that s the most efficient run possible, and still i don't care for lb. I am just saying it is a refreshing enjoyable experience after a too long period with the same weapon. And you are probably spot on, this possibly doesn't work without major buffs from the obscene expensive sets, i didn t test it with normal gear yet. Still it is fiendishly fun to run this way and i had no complains so far from my party. With the 100% stun i can keep all mobs stunned while the dpss do their work.
Ur comparing urself with normal players... u have 3 banish parts u can basically run any set up u want and it'll work out

Pacmanx
07-05-2016, 01:40 AM
Basically all warriors agree on one thing, new weapons pretty much suck . Whether it's pvp or pve we much rather use old weapons ,sts probably won't do a thing and wait for the wars to stop crying as most people like to say but the truth is u guys should have real players who actually play the game test out new weapons in multiple areas of pve and pvp unless u guys do that all ur gonna see is numbers and things u THINK should b nerfed . Remember sometimes numbers really do lie but u won't know until u run urself .
A lot of things must b wrong if u have these many warriors coming at u asking to look into the warrior arcane weapons cuz there is no balance most of us warriors are not crazy rich players who own vanish set let alone 2 or 3 pieces of antignome we are regular players running mostly pink legendaries arc ring n amulet and let alone some still use the planar amulet .
All we ask is to atleast give the weapons a second look in runs or anywhere that u please . But something is terribly wrong when u have average players coming at u like this .

Robhawk
07-05-2016, 03:07 AM
@STS: The truth is you want progression for rogues and mages weapons and regression for warrior weapons. So you give rogues/mages new and better weapons and warriors new, weak weapons but the old weapons are still there... The better move would have been to release new arcane weapons only for rogues and mages and don't release these new crap warrior weapons! All you did now to the players is confusion and loss of gold! I can see the disappointment in the eyes of players looting new aegis instead of new
gun. One is worth 2m and the other one 5m... and the market always reflects items value, independent from rarity and level!

ps: Go play some TDM and you will see that mage with korruption stacking is absolutely imba. It already was before new the new arcane gun and now its just insane and nothing can save a warrior from 3 or 4 korruption pools, nothing...

VROOMIGoRealFast
07-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the replies and feedback on the Warrior Arcane Weapons, and the Arcane weapons in general. We're going to be making some adjustments this week, focused on the Warrior Weapons. We've reviewed the other weapons and effects mentioned in this thread but feel at this time no further adjustments need to be done.

Immortal Corruption Aegis:
We do want this to be a viable tanking solution for Warriors, and so have increased the capabilities of this weapon while surviving
When exploding at 70%, the Warrior will also taunt nearby enemies. When exploding at 40%, the Warrior will gain a shield equal to 10% of his health and 70% damage reduction for 5 seconds. When this shield breaks or times out, nearby enemies will be stunned. Stun chance is 20% for bosses and players.

Immortal Corruption Blade:
We're tweaking some numbers on the damage portion side for more consistency using the proc for damage. We will be upfront with players that this is intended to be a DPS weapon and as such it's intended to be lacking in survivability.
Doubled chance for Death Grip to proc on enemies with a normal attack. Reduced chance for Death Grip to banish enemies, and for a Charged Attack to banish enemies when comboing with Death Grip. We also increased the visual effects of Death Grip to be more apparent.

konafez
07-05-2016, 05:12 PM
I have a sinking feeling that this is leading up to nerfing the 46 mythic/arcanes ...I hope I'm wrong.. i really, really hope im wrong...

But you might want to put away a bonesaw/mythic glaive/ arcane maul , just in case...

Luciano Lobo
07-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the replies and feedback on the Warrior Arcane Weapons, and the Arcane weapons in general. We're going to be making some adjustments this week, focused on the Warrior Weapons. We've reviewed the other weapons and effects mentioned in this thread but feel at this time no further adjustments need to be done.

We do want this to be a viable tanking solution for Warriors, and so have increased the capabilities of this weapon while surviving
When exploding at 70%, the Warrior will also taunt nearby enemies. When exploding at 40%, the Warrior will gain a shield equal to 10% of his health and 70% damage reduction for 5 seconds. When this shield breaks or times out, nearby enemies will be stunned. Stun chance is 20% for bosses and players.

We're tweaking some numbers on the damage portion side for more consistency using the proc for damage. We will be upfront with players that this is intended to be a DPS weapon and as such it's intended to be lacking in survivability.
Doubled chance for Death Grip to proc on enemies with a normal attack. Reduced chance for Death Grip to banish enemies, and for a Charged Attack to banish enemies when comboing with Death Grip. We also increased the visual effects of Death Grip to be more apparent.

So basically infinite shield at low health with the aegis? coz it always reset when you reach the low health trigger :-) ty for the changes.

Arcael
07-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Hey Everyone,

You're fixing that unintended Boss Banish, aren't you? I had quite a lot of fun with that one banishing bosses in Arena, but well...

I doubt there is any need to reduce the banish chance, it is already dang too low. What are you trying to do, buff the thing or nerf it? I always proc and charge-strike, keep doing for banishing and I don't really think that proc does a lot of damage. Doubling the proc chance and reducing banishing makes no sense, please just change it in a positive way, everything except the weak proc is just fine the way it is.

Detona
07-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Hey Everyone,

Vroom , but when you get to 70 or 40 % in these shielding will earn some bonus armor ?

Ty.

extrapayah
07-05-2016, 10:38 PM
nice buff, much needed in elite underhul, especially for aegis. some comments though:

1. over reliance to premium items, these items are definitely needed for elite underhul. can't imagine farming with pink items in elite underhul anymore, unlike in planar tombs era. but then again, crate poppers said these items are rarer than last season's premium items.
2. seriously taking action on feedback to items that is owned and tested by very small percent of players, although i'm agree that on paper these weapons are weak, but i'm pretty sure not everyone who comments here have tried them. while visage drop rate, which is felt by a lot more players doesn't get responded/taken action for.

Ardbeg
07-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Hey Everyone,

Now this sounds useful, can t wait to try it. Thanks for listening!

Arcael
07-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Now this sounds useful, can t wait to try it. Thanks for listening!

I'm lost here lol all of you guys seem to be experienced players, which weapon do you is better for half-tanks? Should I keep my Arc sword or just use the Aegis. Some suggestions.

Ardbeg
07-05-2016, 11:28 PM
I doubt there is any need to reduce the banish chance, it is already dang too low. What are you trying to do, buff the thing or nerf it?

I think the banish chance is lowered because the death grip chance is doubled, so it doesn't banish too frequently after the adjustment. It s not a nerf, but to avoid overbuffing.

Arcael
07-05-2016, 11:36 PM
I think the banish chance is lowered because the death grip chance is doubled, so it doesn't banish too frequently after the adjustment. It s not a nerf, but to avoid overbuffing.
Still have to admit The aegis is getting a comparatively larger amount of buff than the sword. I don't even know how both of those weapons would be like after the change and I'm worried to have chosen the wrong one. Not with the best budget, me.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

Faliziaga
07-06-2016, 02:43 AM
What bothers me is the reduced/missing taunt of the new Aegis, I felt like having aggro a lot more than when the warrior in my party is using the old aegis.

Robhawk
07-06-2016, 03:31 AM

Since the old sword stuns and lava procs on normal attack you should at least give the new sword some damage-base-stats-update compared to the old one! When you want to get rid of the old OP lava proc you have to give the new sword more skill damage!
Many players already pointed out that the proc-damage of old sword with the stun is OP, not the damage output of warrior skills! The axe throw damage difference between l46 sword and l56 sword is like 2% ! Imho the difference should be at least 15%.
Without that damage buff the old sword still overpowers the new one that much, that nobody will use it even after your planned changes! We are not speaking about progression that 10 levels should reflect but at least to make the new weapon equal to the old one!

stricker20000
07-06-2016, 04:57 AM
What bothers me is the reduced/missing taunt of the new Aegis, I felt like having aggro a lot more than when the warrior in my party is using the old aegis.

Indeed.
You have to keep in mind that the old aegis is taunting frequently while new aegis taunts only when warrior hits 70% hp (what by far doesn't happen as often as old aegis proc). Especially in new elite maps mobs suddenly target rogue even though warrior permanently taunts so I'm sceptical that the new aegis makes tanking easier (due to the lack of taunts).

Arcael
07-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Summing up all my thoughts on one post here-
1. Why is gives lower HP than lvl 46 Arc sword? It is not a huge issue but well I thought lvl 56 would be better in every aspect than the old one.

2. I barely can see the proc. There's no glowing effect, anything- that marks the mobs with affected proc. Only those letters turning up. Don't even know which mobs got affected in a large group of mobs in planar tombs or elite Underhul insects. The charged strike is supposed to make the affected ones explode but sometimes I hit the wrong ones with the charged strike...

At least mark the affected enemies with an aura- preferably blue, like the forge mark of the mythic hammer of flamed forged series...

3. This problem is from normals, not elite. I usually solo the KT4 or WT4 and pull two rooms full of mobs. Within that huge crowd I hit and hit normal strike in order to proc- but a lot of times, or mostly, the affected enemy dies and the next charged strike makes no mob explode at all.
I still find Aegis preferable in there which, I think-shouldn't well be(since its the last season weapon). Even Dragon hunter sword has those lava pools which kills mobs amass without having to charge the normal strike(which takes like 2 seconds and I got hit like hell during that).
Could do something like after being affected, a skill could make the enemy explode addition to charged strike(which is excellent, by the way- in stunning).
This sword needs a less time-consuming mass-kill mechanism, I suppose.

Arcael
07-06-2016, 08:02 AM
I am really trying to push it forward that the freaking sword in supposed to be damaging weapon and should deal damage more than the previous arcane, also with a proc that actually is convenient to do. We use DPS in pvp. How are we supposed to use this one in pvp never even procs once before we're killed by some mages with Arcane gun?
With all the things the Aegis is becoming more like a pvp weapon due to those blasts but there is no DPS.
Isn't this pretty messed up? Better remove the exploding thing from the Aegis and replace with some decent armor and decent tanking proc that doesn't need us to proceed to lower our hp intentionally.

Ipoopsy
07-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Hey Everyone,

I can see the new Aegis changes will be NERF afterward already before its going to be live with next update. It's intended changes is already too OP for PVE and PVP.

I can see PVP is the one that will complained the most, lol.

stricker20000
07-06-2016, 02:12 PM
I can see the new Aegis changes will be NERF afterward already before its going to be live with next update. It's intended changes is already too OP for PVE and PVP.

I can see PVP is the one that will complained the most, lol.

OP for PVP? Well could be. OP for PVE? No way.

Ardbeg
07-06-2016, 02:21 PM
OP for PVP? Well could be. OP for PVE? No way.

It will be interesting to test: The damage reduction is capped to 10% of hp (similar to scorchs airbag shield). It s the stun that could make the difference. In combination i bet it s a great option for the hard stuff like jadis elite in pve.

Merka Lebones
07-06-2016, 05:08 PM
U should put more gold for mission add locked cryostar crate drop rate higher and level 100 and we good

Luciano Lobo
07-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Please dont launch new weapons this year, you already lauch questionable weapons already with weird playing mechanics.

Maarkus
07-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Hey guys,

-Vroom

Dear Vroom,

Thank you for this post.

If i may suggest, kindly re-evaluate with the following into consideration:

1. For Endgame Warrior Class, PVE class balance does not equate to PVP Class balance thus kindly look into two different setting as this might help as if tou notuce majority of the complain is PVP based. If u have isolated setting for each then it may be easier to control.
2. I am intrigued with your words of item progression curve and how the warrior class now follows it after the inflated and now returned state.
2.1 is it not this same item progression curve that cause the initial issues in the first place that you had to inflate item damage for warriors to catch up in pve?
2.2 if so then is it not logical to say that it is flawed thus it led to the issues
2.3 if that is such then is it not a potential problem in the future.
2.4 if so then why revert back to it?

Obviously i may be wrong if so please ignore.

Thanks for reading.

Maarkus

Drasiteal
07-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Most sounds great. But why nerfing warrior armor value here. The arcane lvl 56 aegis has around 70 armor less than lvl 46 mythic aegis. So if u fill it with 3 noble diamonds u get it to about same armor lvl as the lvl 46 mythich aegis but with a bit extra damage....... oh diffrent proc also. Is this all the improvement it shall give ...... its 10 lvl more ad change from mythic standard to Arcane lvl. I wonder what the stats would be of a new mythic lvl 56 aegis. And Lvls 56 mythic belt has no armor at all!!. I use mythic lvl 43 belt and mythic lvl 46 aegis for elite tanking in pve. Upgrading to lvl 56 mythic belt and lvl 56 arcane aegis would lower my armor with 100. I think it is impossible to tank elite citadelle with new gear if u dont have antignome set. For me it means switching four furys to noble diamonds just to keep same stats on armor as with lvl 43 and 46 gear. But then i lose alot of hp and damage so for covering up lost hp i prolly need to replace 2 more furys with noble diamonds to be as strong as before. And then i will have lost about all extra damage i get from new gear and prolly be lower on hp. It dont feel to happy about it all. The proc looks great thou ....

And the new arcane sword seems to do great jobb stunning mobs but do zip with boss. Its like giving some one a weapon with great functionality but making sure it cant be used when u need it.

I just cant understand the logic in that mythic lvl 46 to arcane lvl 56 aegis should mean losing 70 armor and gaining 30 damage. Its prolly better for solo farming maps but its not better for tanking a pt in endgame elites.

Robhawk
07-08-2016, 01:49 AM
The new sword still sucks, god bless i bought it for 2,9M and sold it for 3.7M :D I wont bother with this sword anymore, ty!

ProKaveh
07-10-2016, 02:03 AM
Immo aegis=the most diffecult weap to use.you shouls have -40% hp to make it do the damage and it only do it once.but look at glint aegis(more armor and less damage)but when you look at the proc.... too op and easy to use.doing proc over and over and boom every mobs are dying.

PatD
07-11-2016, 08:05 AM
PLEASE STS!
Fix the new immortal blade lvl56 to be at least more powerful than the lvl 46 sword!!!
i buy the new sword and im so disappoint!!! in pve it is not so bad but in pvp its a nightmare!!
please fix that sword so we feel its a lvl56 arcane weapon!!

Robhawk
07-11-2016, 09:29 AM
PLEASE STS!
Fix the new immortal blade lvl56 to be at least more powerful than the lvl 46 sword!!!
i buy the new sword and im so disappoint!!! in pve it is not so bad but in pvp its a nightmare!!
please fix that sword so we feel its a lvl56 arcane weapon!!

It already got buffed just deal with it, sell it and buy l46 sword.

stricker20000
07-11-2016, 10:49 AM
It will be interesting to test: The damage reduction is capped to 10% of hp (similar to scorchs airbag shield). It s the stun that could make the difference. In combination i bet it s a great option for the hard stuff like jadis elite in pve.

Yea well its a weapon that is better for using at elite jadis maybe and thats it, it can not compete with old aegis in any way

Ardbeg
07-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Yea well its a weapon that is better for using at elite jadis maybe and thats it, it can not compete with old aegis in any way

From what i heard it's actually good in pvp clashes. I tested it on Jadis Elite and it definitively buys you more time to pot. But you're right over the whole run there is nothing to replace the aegis. I still defend my opinion that the new sword is fun to play and useful though, but that depends on party and gear.

Minisalami
07-12-2016, 12:49 AM
To come to the point can we say that for everybody allready owning the lvl46 ac sword and/or lvl46 aegis both lvl56 arcane weapons are useless and he/she should save the gold and effort ?

News: Tested lvl56 sword now for some h after the buff. My advice is to keep dragon hunter. Thank god I made about 500k profit selling lvl56 again.

Robhawk
07-12-2016, 01:00 AM
To come to the point can we say that everybody allready owning the lvl46 ac sword and/or lvl46 aegis both lvl56 arcane weapons are useless and he/she should save the gold and effort ?

exactly !!!

Arcael
07-16-2016, 12:33 AM
So the matter is settled?

Zeus
07-16-2016, 01:23 AM
So the matter is settled?

Not completely.

Luciano Lobo
07-16-2016, 08:18 PM
Can you explain me why I can finish Elite Planar Tombs 1 solo faster with the Immortal Aegis than with the Immortal Sword? Not dying at all I could finish at least 1.3 minutes faster with the aeigis. This is inconsistency, the sword is supposed to do more damage overall with their banish proc and more skill damage. This is not the case with this new arcanes. A new fix should be implemented with the sword to make it useful on PvE and also PvP. The new playing mechanics is not even on par with the other classes new arcane weapons. Mages and rogues don't have to do an extra movement to use their weapons. With the warrior you have to be on low health and you have to charge your auto-attack respectively. In my opinion this is not balanced at all but knowing your marketing procedures it won't be a surprise that at the end of the year you will realease new arcane weapons fixing the "mistake" you commited before.

Arcael
07-17-2016, 05:28 AM
Please, fix the sword. The banishing is so damn low and the DoT does such a little amount of damage.. Why are you not fixing it? An arcane weapon shouldn't be this inconvenient to use...with this sword I can't really solo the Glint+ elites because I have to pull up juggernaut before I charge the thing because there is no point of getting stunned in the process.
Just please give us increased STR/SPEED/DAMAGE anything during the proc time and please strengthen the banish at least 50% more than this. Make the DoT worth a little more damage. The lvl 46 mythic aegis is 90% more convenient to use and this is an insult to the whole RPG gaming mechanism.
Weapons should be player-friendly. For all the classes, I mean.

zerofort
07-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Sts you guys realy ge on my nervs you always talk abojt balence then release op procs on weapons ans spend seasons nerfing and buffing things if this was just a one time thing ok but time and time again you tuys mess up the balence of the game you guys realy need to play your own game

zerofort
07-17-2016, 07:16 PM
How come u nerf mage proc saying that reling on a proc is not good for a class then for war your saying your reason for adding proc to make up for this and that.realy make up your mind wha your doing. Personaly i think procs should nvr be op an i thought you guys would have learned that long ago how thick are you guys?

Golem
07-18-2016, 01:25 AM
Yeah i think devs and moderators should play/test new maps. I blieve then they will understand us. Me by myself got op stats but still not playing new maps cus they are mega hard to play. Not worth wasting 1000 ankhs to clear 1 map then not even loot legendary items. Nty

B.Bence
07-18-2016, 02:49 AM
i use hlintstone aegis of grit because this is the best warrior weapon for pve but i cant understand why.
why not the lvl 56 arcanes? why is the lvl 46 mythic aegis better for pve then the lvl 56 arcanes? i always thought the higher rarity mean the item worth more then the lower rarity.

Robhawk
07-18-2016, 03:19 AM
i use hlintstone aegis of grit because this is the best warrior weapon for pve but i cant understand why.
why not the lvl 56 arcanes? why is the lvl 46 mythic aegis better for pve then the lvl 56 arcanes? i always thought the higher rarity mean the item worth more then the lower rarity.

In all games it is that way but not Arcane Legends! ;

Arcael
07-18-2016, 07:36 AM

Yes. They talk about balance but adding op weapons at level 46 , then dramatically adding noob weapons at level 56 doesn't restore any balance. That just crashes the balance even more. They should know this. We players who actually play the game everyday know more than game developers about this, after all. Which other game has weaker weapons at higher levels? Just ridiculous.

zerofort
07-18-2016, 01:46 PM
I believe the rarity of qn item what it means has changed i wish sts would clarify what exactly it means to be an arcane item and mythic item

flluby2
07-21-2016, 02:23 PM
hi Vroom, nice PR post. no kidding, you could make sth as painful as taking warrior damage become an acceptable explanation. Hate the sound of it but we'll see since it is so nicely explained...

control
07-24-2016, 01:24 PM
Sir, you seriously did want a feedback from the warriors or was it just something to force down upon us?
I have tried both the weapons and felt they lack a lot to be arcane items. You can't undo what's done by tweaking small things here and there.
Only looks of these weapons are nice all the rest is just like legendary or mythic items.
I can't imagine myself going into hard elites with any of them.
As a person who wants to always upgrade my equipments I feel very discouraged by unable to settle on new arcane weapons after all this game is arcane legends!
You should definitely do something about this fast otherwise it will affect the economy and mindset of seasoned warriors.
At least aegis should be having capability to hold taunt on mobs, this stun is mages job.
Why are you quiet on this I don't know when you asked our opinions at very start.
Over and out, waiting for a positive response or else selling this vanity weapons at throw away prices.
Python

dinzly
07-24-2016, 10:21 PM
saving gold now for new weapons on Halloween event and Winter event..sure much better item it will be[emoji4]

Oaheuzihar
07-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Was i the only one who chuckled at "putting the spank in your tank"?

tvtheb
07-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Nice explanation vroom!

Luciano Lobo
07-26-2016, 01:55 AM
They will realease new weapons before the end of the year.

control
07-27-2016, 09:18 AM
At least the strength points the 46 arcane sword and immortal aegis should be the same or aegis should jave more.
Python