PDA

View Full Version : N00b Question....

greegs
08-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Hi guys,

I have an operative, i am in a guild etc and about lvl 17ish.

The thing is i cant figure out what all the attacks do, ie which buttons to use and which to lvl up and in what order....

i played a warrior in PL and am lvl 36 but i just dont know what the hell to do lol!

any help would be great, NOTE: i have all my stats in dex as waws informed that this was the best way to inrease my perfomance as it didt work that way with PL, dex bears etc....

Please help as i really like this game but need some pointers....

*me waits*

WoundedEagle
08-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Go to your menu like you would in PL and go to the skill section, then click on the skill and read what it says normally at the bottom of the screen

-W.E.

greegs
08-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Yea, i understand that but in terms on PL for eg - was told to rank up x y and z to 6 etc and spam them....

just wondering what skills to rank up, and use etc - such as mind wreck, inner focus atm

my set up atm is mind reck 5
flames 3
lurch 2
focus 1
amp pain 1
lash 3
blur 0
net shock 1

thank you for replying :)

Silentarrow
08-23-2011, 05:35 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30685-Comprehensive-Operative-Skills-and-Equipment-Guide&highlight=Operative+guide

This should help you!

greegs
08-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks, have had a look but still cant really know whats the best order to hit buttons etc but thank you regardless :)

kamikazees
08-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks, have had a look but still cant really know whats the best order to hit buttons etc but thank you regardless :)

My build is

6 - Mind Wrack
6 - Amplify Pain
6 - Sympathetic Anguish
1 - Inner Focus
2 - Lurch
3 - Neural Shock

Amplify Pain is the single most important skill. When I encounter a mob, I target it and use Amplify Pain, then Mind Wrack if the mob is by itself, or Sympatheic Anguish if it is grouped with others. If it lives, I use the other skill, and/or Neural Shock. When an enemy comes at me, I use Lurch to knock it into a wall, then Neural Shock. I keep Amplify Pain active as much as possible, especially on high hp enemies and bosses. Inner Focus between fights, or during long fights.

With the new skill descriptions, I will probably edit this build some. I may put 1 point into Flames of Insanity, and I might increase Inner Focus at the expense of Lurch/Neural Shock. Lurch can combo now, though. Maybe I'll ramp it up at the expense of Neural Shock or Mind Wrack. Not sure yet.

Liathea
08-25-2011, 03:03 PM
I think Flames of Insanity is fairly important, especially at this point in the game. The hardest boss to beat is susceptible to FoI, and it works well on other tougher enemies, so I amped that one up. My build is totally geared towards offense and is

Flames of Insanity: 6
Amplify Pain: 6
Neural Shock: 6
Sympathetic Anguish: 6
Inner Focus: 1

Obviously, I depend on engineers and stims a lot for HP, as Inner Focus hardly does anything for me. I survive just fine, however.

Another reason I concentrated on only four abilities is that I do not like the ability map system in SL. If I could display all 8 ability spots at the same time like in PL and not have to tap to switch over to the second slot, I would balance my skill points out a bit differently.