PDA

View Full Version : The new client.. and something isn't right..

Ebalere
08-23-2011, 07:07 PM
This new client kind of threw me offguard. I'm sitting there downloading this thinking wow a whole new client, what could this be? Guild updates? Slouch-o? Dare i say...iOS release?

-_-

All it says in the news feed is "various bug fixes." Kinda disappointing because i like to see what they changed and what to be thankful for, lol..

But before i could even get there, I got a big sign in my face saying:

PURCHASE PLATINUM!

I found this a little too bold for my tastes, and a tad overkill. Considering i've bought thousands of platinum already, and not always in the big packages, I felt it wasn't needed.

I understand you guys need to make scrilla but I think maybe a toon in tutorial who explains it would be a little less aggressive, and not lead new players to believe the devs are just in it for the money, which I know they aren't. You wouldn't see a dev on at midnight, their time, on a sunday, if they were just in it for the money.

Maybe some other opinions?

Physiologic
08-23-2011, 07:18 PM
I'd actually rather have this once than a consistent ad banner that you see on the hundreds of thousands of other free applications...

Kakatoa91
08-23-2011, 07:25 PM
I'd actually rather have this once than a consistent ad banner that you see on the hundreds of thousands of other free applications...

Indeed... hate ad banner between map changings/loadings or durin play that cannot be close.