PDA

View Full Version : Omg Drainers noob

Aftermath
08-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Okay. So here is another one of my observations.

Since I don't want to spend money on a lvl 51 or lvl 53 rr set (I'm lvl 52), and I don't want to use gear that would simply be outclassed by said rr or custom, I resorted to equipping the Drainers set because it was the best at defense.

I've noticed, however, that when I manage to defeat a player, they will say something like this: "OMG drainers noob" or "lol I only lost because of Drainers" and my favorite: "I can totally pwn you if you take off drainers" (To which I reply "Sure, take off your custom set, and we'll have a nekked battle"). The people that do this are mostly lvl 55 and 56. Here is my reasoning behind why they do this.

Either, 1: They feel like they have been humiliated by getting beaten by a lvl 52 and need an excuse to self-boost their ego, or 2: Drainers is actually a cheapskate set.

I can only think of three reasons that sets Drainers apart that might invoke "2". Either, a) Drainers has high armour, b) Drainers has high health regen or c) Drainers has high dodge. Out of the three, c) seems to be the most probably case. So it's dodge's fault.
There are three severe flaws to this. Firstly, many str sets have much more dodge than Drainers (Remember birds can go str and skill kite). Secondly, the Drainers set doesnt have a phenomenally high dodge rate - only around 6% higher than the cyber sets. And lastly, It is only with the higher levels that dodge rates (for birds, at least) plummet.

In addition to that, Drainers sacrifices crit and damage for its extra defense. Dodge is part of the game, and anybody can choose to get more dodge by simply equipping one or all drainers set pieces. But they don't. That's their choice. Having higher defense is mine.

Anyways, so what do you think?

Conradin
08-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Pvp anything goes, your right drainers is good gear. People make excuses in pvp at every level, such as lagg, text messege, tree, etc.

thefirehawk
08-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Ok have drainers on but equip a different bow there's no drainers set bonus so it dosnt matter and they won't know

Kraze
08-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I think a thread almost exactly like this already is floating around here somewhere

Zerious
08-23-2011, 07:22 PM
It's the dodge. But no one should be complaining.

a) not your fault you can't afford the "pro" gear they can
b) their fault they wasted X amount of gold in hundreds of thousands for their RR gear
c) it's not like they can't use drainers for themselves.

My conclusion: Keep whippin they booty, haters will be haters

JaytB
08-23-2011, 07:23 PM
They're calling you that because they realize they're just crappy players, and that makes them mad :)

KingFu
08-23-2011, 07:28 PM
I just reply with "Raid noob" or "Custom noob" whenever I use mine and get called out on it. Custom/raid has crit, drainers has dodge, a cracked staff has trash stats, nothing they say can change it...

blox
08-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Okay. So here is another one of my observations.

Since I don't want to spend money on a lvl 51 or lvl 53 rr set (I'm lvl 52), and I don't want to use gear that would simply be outclassed by said rr or custom, I resorted to equipping the Drainers set because it was the best at defense.

I've noticed, however, that when I manage to defeat a player, they will say something like this: "OMG drainers noob" or "lol I only lost because of Drainers" and my favorite: "I can totally pwn you if you take off drainers" (To which I reply "Sure, take off your custom set, and we'll have a nekked battle"). The people that do this are mostly lvl 55 and 56. Here is my reasoning behind why they do this.

Either, 1: They feel like they have been humiliated by getting beaten by a lvl 52 and need an excuse to self-boost their ego, or 2: Drainers is actually a cheapskate set.

I can only think of three reasons that sets Drainers apart that might invoke "2". Either, a) Drainers has high armour, b) Drainers has high health regen or c) Drainers has high dodge. Out of the three, c) seems to be the most probably case. So it's dodge's fault.
There are three severe flaws to this. Firstly, many str sets have much more dodge than Drainers (Remember birds can go str and skill kite). Secondly, the Drainers set doesnt have a phenomenally high dodge rate - only around 6% higher than the cyber sets. And lastly, It is only with the higher levels that dodge rates (for birds, at least) plummet.

In addition to that, Drainers sacrifices crit and damage for its extra defense. Dodge is part of the game, and anybody can choose to get more dodge by simply equipping one or all drainers set pieces. But they don't. That's their choice. Having higher defense is mine.

Anyways, so what do you think?I agree I was lvl 53 with drainers and beat a lvl 55 like 10 times straight and he called me an drainer noob

Zerious
08-23-2011, 07:32 PM
I think I'll be a drainer noob just to make a point :D

Aftermath
08-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I just reply with "Raid noob" or "Custom noob" whenever I use mine and get called out on it. Custom/raid has crit, drainers has dodge, a cracked staff has trash stats, nothing they say can change it...

Exactly my point. They chose offense, I chose defense.

I can afford rr, just that I don't want to spend it on lvl 53/51 rr, I'll wait till I'm 55 :)

There are lots of these people that call out Drainers...I really want one of them to speak up.

Bunnyshoota
08-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Lol zerious.........ur gonna start the new era of drainers

Asaciuacor
08-23-2011, 08:53 PM
i dont like people who wear drainers because they think and act like they're all good, but in reality its not them thats winning, its the fact that us using custom or raid cant land a hit due to the dodge of drainers, tell me im wrong

Kraze
08-23-2011, 08:58 PM
i dont like people who wear drainers because they think and act like they're all good, but in reality its not them thats winning, its the fact that us using custom or raid cant land a hit due to the dodge of drainers, tell me im wrong
You are wrong...(you asked)

blox
08-23-2011, 09:02 PM
i dont like people who wear drainers because they think and act like they're all good, but in reality its not them thats winning, its the fact that us using custom or raid cant land a hit due to the dodge of drainers, tell me im wrongyea u are wrong rusher

Asaciuacor
08-23-2011, 09:07 PM
how am i wrong?

edit, this turned into a drainer noob convention, have fun with your sets worth 1k

Imacoolbirdd
08-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I dont pvp anymore...but that wont help you :/ just keep fighting or if they say that tell them "well i see u have custom set.. You should buy me lvl 51 raid set..if u dont want to deal with it :D"

Hankomachos
08-23-2011, 09:22 PM
i love drainers! :) so what if it's cheap, it works dosen't it? :banana:

Zeubermensch
08-23-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't get why people call others noobs for just wearing a different type of armor.. Wouldn't it make them a noob for going with the most popular sets? More of a noob than someone that chooses their own gear!

KingFu
08-23-2011, 09:46 PM
its the fact that us using custom or raid cant land a hit due to the dodge of drainers

Or it can be because custom/raid deals such heavy damage that people who don't have 1-2.4M to spare can't survive without dodge. Devs created drainers for a reason, which is to allow people to use it. It offers survivability, if someone wants to use a set that offers them damage, be my guest, if someone has a set that offers survivability, be my guest. I don't use drainers (any more). I decided to put a hold on making another twink and bought custom for my bear, I have a much easier time killing with it, and I kill most people with drainers and custom if I'm better. Truth of the matter is, this game relies lots on luck. With the exaggerated stats (10 crit on custom/raid, 8 dodge on royal sewer) it's hard to not rely on some kind of luck. I don't see how having a dodge build is much cheaper than having a crit build. No one is stopping you from using drainers as well....

CrimsonTider
08-23-2011, 10:34 PM

The same can be said about you wearing a custom set: You are only good because you have high crit and damage. Opinions belong to the individual. I could care less if someone uses dodge gear or the crafted sets, if you are truly GOOD, you must find a way to overcome the strength of that particular set.

Ladylove
08-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Like oh my gah, why do people always have to wear gear that is available to them in game? It's not like the devs make it for a reason or anything, jeez!

/sarcasm

Moogerfooger
08-23-2011, 11:58 PM
how am i wrong?

edit, this turned into a drainer noob convention, have fun with your sets worth 1k

It doesn't matter one bit how much someone's set is worth. Dodge is just as important in the game as crit or damage. Your post is the kind of post that makes me cringe in its ignorance.

razerfingers
08-24-2011, 12:47 AM
how am i wrong?

Lmaooo ill have fun with my drainers tuank youuuuuu

Mothwing
08-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Whooaa its like deja-vu like ive seen this thread before. Whooaa its like deja-vu like ive seen this thread before.

Anybody can use drainers bud. Why do you think STS made it? If the players are calling you a drainers noob, snap right back at them like, at least i beat you and youre using pinks! Or hows that custom working for ya?

Blind
08-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Yeah mate i feel you, i once tried drainers in pvp for fun, and then i killed this guy...and he instantly said " drainers?" far out...u know what's the funniest thing about it? People hate when other people use drainers...but when they put it on themselves, they end up going back to their raid or custom because the don't like it. If drainers was actually that overpowered then everyone would have used it instead of custom. < that's the wisdom right there...

SUPAPRODIGY
08-24-2011, 02:16 AM
Its not that bad .

Redbridge
08-24-2011, 02:50 AM
Ive admittedly got zero PvP experience, but didn't a lot of very experienced PvP'ers clarify this on the other recent thread.

It was said that if two equal players were to PvP, one wearing full raid/customer and the other wearing drainers, then the raid/custom player should win somewhere between 10-4 or 10-6. The other thread clearly said that whilst a raid/custom player should expect to lose some rounds they definitely shouldn't lose the match, and definitely not 0-10. Did I summarise this correctly?

Isn't the whole point of PvP to have the skill and knowledge of ALL possible opponents and their gear, and to slightly adjust your playing style to make the most of your advantages and negate your opponent's advantages.

Ellyidol
08-24-2011, 03:13 AM
Like I said on the previous thread too, what about us bears who have full dodge sets/builds, are we noobs too? :D

JaytB
08-24-2011, 03:17 AM
Like I said on the previous thread too, what about us bears who have full dodge sets/builds, are we noobs too? :D

Noobs for life :p

Fatpigwarrior
08-24-2011, 03:18 AM
Ok have drainers on but equip a different bow there's no drainers set bonus so it dosnt matter and they won't know
Only pink give set....

Ellyidol
08-24-2011, 03:21 AM
Noobs for life :p

Touché! I guess we have a gear requirement for the guild :p

Fatpigwarrior
08-24-2011, 03:33 AM
Conversation I had a while ago...
Xazic: I'm not gonna Vs you unless you take off drainers......
Me: K
Kanital go!
Fatpigwarrior has defeated Kanital....
You drainers noob!!!!!

KingFu
08-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Touché! I guess we have a gear requirement for the guild :p

Would've been nice to know the requirement before I dished out the gold for custom;) Haha

Also, why are people complaining about drainers when there's fury/royal sewer str birds out there? Their dodge tramples over drainers...

Ellyidol
08-24-2011, 03:49 AM
Would've been nice to know the requirement before I dished out the gold for custom;) Haha

Also, why are people complaining about drainers when there's fury/royal sewer str birds out there? Their dodge tramples over drainers...

Lol! I'll give you the drainer set, don't worry. How many do you want? :D

I have two guesses,

1. People who just bought/sold a Custom Set use the price difference as the main factor. Or,

2. People look at dodge + superior ranged skills of a bird as overpowered. Which, IMO, is not (in drainer's at least, custom set bird attack crits is GG).

KingFu
08-24-2011, 04:02 AM
Lol! I'll give you the drainer set, don't worry. How many do you want? :D

I have two guesses,

1. People who just bought/sold a Custom Set use the price difference as the main factor. Or,

2. People look at dodge + superior ranged skills of a bird as overpowered. Which, IMO, is not (in drainer's at least, custom set bird attack crits is GG).

I'll start with 4:p

Eh, str bird has crazy high HS on top of armor and/or dodge. I think 50 base crit should definitely beat 25 or so base dodge. The damage is so high on raid and custom, who cares if a skill or two is dodged? The crit makes up for it. Bagmans is inferior to custom in nearly (if not in every) way possible, as is underling. Some people think of it as, either buy custom for 2.4M or use a gutters set and let me mow over you. I agree, drainers can be quite annoying to face, but I don't see the complaint about this particular set. As said above, it's not the first set to have dodge (especially before the gear nerf. RIP 8% Dodge Isis)

Ellyidol
08-24-2011, 04:24 AM
I'll start with 4:p

Eh, str bird has crazy high HS on top of armor and/or dodge. I think 50 base crit should definitely beat 25 or so base dodge. The damage is so high on raid and custom, who cares if a skill or two is dodged? The crit makes up for it. Bagmans is inferior to custom in nearly (if not in every) way possible, as is underling. Some people think of it as, either buy custom for 2.4M or use a gutters set and let me mow over you. I agree, drainers can be quite annoying to face, but I don't see the complaint about this particular set. As said above, it's not the first set to have dodge (especially before the gear nerf. RIP 8% Dodge Isis)

I remember those Isis days ;)

I don't know really. Players don't whine on custom being able to crit (theoretically, 50 crit) on every other attack, so I don't see why they should whine that an attack or two is dodged. Learn to play, it's not all about one combo.

CrimsonTider
08-24-2011, 07:03 AM
I remember those Isis days ;)

I don't know really. Players don't whine on custom being able to crit (theoretically, 50 crit) on every other attack, so I don't see why they should whine that an attack or two is dodged. Learn to play, it's not all about one combo.

Preach it Rev. Elly!

Ellyidol
08-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Preach it Rev. Elly!

Bears need be some workin! Can I get an AMEN?!?

Bears be needin some Hit %! AMEN?

JaytB
08-24-2011, 07:33 AM

Amen...

And a charge attack!

CrimsonTider
08-24-2011, 08:08 AM
AMEN!!

Whirlzap
08-24-2011, 09:10 AM
For drainers, basically WITHOUT the Evasion buff level 55/56 can still easily beat them.
HOWEVER with the focus buff is another story.
It's not impossible for me, but it is quite annoying having to see all those dodges.
And then here's another opinion to look at for you "poor" people.
Why must you go Drainers? What about Underling/Bagman/Henchman/etc?
There are plenty of sets to choose from and the most out of these cheap sets is Drainers.
I'm not taking any sides on this, but it honestly does look like people sometimes use Drainers on purpose.

Duped
08-24-2011, 11:24 AM
They use drainers for the dodge of course!

And bears need some working! AMEN!!

AnAngil
08-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Ok, I have hardly any experience in pvp (or the game in general XD), but if gear is cheaper and better than supposedly "high end" gear, why does that make you a noob if you're good with it? I mean isn't part of the skill choosing the best set for the job?

Aftermath
08-25-2011, 02:18 AM
For drainers, basically WITHOUT the Evasion buff level 55/56 can still easily beat them.
HOWEVER with the focus buff is another story.
It's not impossible for me, but it is quite annoying having to see all those dodges.
And then here's another opinion to look at for you "poor" people.
Why must you go Drainers? What about Underling/Bagman/Henchman/etc?
There are plenty of sets to choose from and the most out of these cheap sets is Drainers.
I'm not taking any sides on this, but it honestly does look like people sometimes use Drainers on purpose.
We use drainers because Underling/Bagman/Henchman all get directly outclassed by custom/rr. Drainers has the best at survivability, it isn't outclassed by the pinks.

Redbridge
08-25-2011, 02:40 AM
Is this thread still going. I can't believe some people are still trying to justify why players shouldn't wear drainers. Or is someone sitting on a stack of drainers gear and the price is going up...lol

It's almost worth trying PvP with a drainers set to see what all the fuss is about. A 'real' noob in drainers against a pink setted expert. I shouldn't be able to win a single round should I?

Redbridge
08-25-2011, 03:45 AM
Is this thread still going. I can't believe some people are still trying to justify why players shouldn't wear drainers. Or is someone sitting on a stack of drainers gear and the price is going up...lol

It's almost worth trying PvP with a drainers set to see what all the fuss is about. A 'real' noob in drainers against a pink setted expert. I shouldn't be able to win a single round should I?

EDIT: I take back everything i said about drainers haters... Just experienced my first PvP session. lol.. Can't believe how strong Drainers is. It's no wonder people don't really like it... Is there any mage and bear equivalents, IE over powered orange/green gear that holds its own against pink sets? This'll be the joy or PvP i'm experiencing then, finding out more... Hmmm. This could be worrying for someone as OCD as me...

Stepping carefully away from PvP.... [must save marriage] {but PvP could be fun} [but the kids will never see ya] {but think how much more time i could play PL} /imaginary chat with the angel and devil on my shoulders.

iamkimchiking
08-26-2011, 02:12 PM
drainers is a good set, its cheap and wins.
but if u want cheap sets and dont like being called drainers noob...become warbird :D

Zerious
08-26-2011, 06:43 PM
drainers is a good set, its cheap and wins.
but if u want cheap sets and dont like being called drainers noob...become warbird :D

Bringing Zeriousbear up to 51 for the fun with drainers :D

AdinoEznite
08-26-2011, 09:12 PM
lol bring me up there too! what lvl r ya?

amen!
you are reallly adamant about that topic haha

Otukura
08-26-2011, 09:14 PM

No longer any fun, royal sewer +for the armor, choose your bow.

protectorofnoobs
08-27-2011, 08:31 PM
yea those people are plain low iq (the ones who say drainers noob)
and all of them dont notice that ff birds actually have more dodge

cmangalos
08-28-2011, 06:20 AM
just today im playing pvp using mystery set, level 51 pure dex bird, actually my kd ratio is bad, 145 wins over 400 deaths, ( this is my main character, of course everytime i try to play pvp still dont know the good combos and builds, )

then another bird sent me a pm saying use this, he gave me drainer xbow, and wow its good, got 3 kills in one, (lucky i guess, maybe they dont have buffs etc), then i go to cs and bought drainers set, and i said wow, im killing some level 55 as well, im not saying im that good, but i never had this kills on when using the mystery set. so happy with this drainer set, call me a noob IDC , im more on lvl 16 pvp fight, and believe me, my main weapon on level 16 fight is the green assasin auto cross bow, and honestly that green xbow is very good ( need good kiting skills ) so i really preffer to use it, so now i believe that even non pink items are very good on pvp.

Doodlebeast
08-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Yeah,this guy makes me get annoyed badly with dodge -.-

Zerious
08-29-2011, 12:33 PM
No longer any fun, royal sewer +for the armor, choose your bow.

why bow? ;)

crestmage
09-26-2011, 07:53 PM
LOLz just go with the drainers. If they call u a drainer's noob, call them a "custom' noob.... :)

iamkimchiking
09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
right now drainers isnt doing well...most birds with drainers are getting destroyed...ur best bet is with bagmans, good hit percentage and nice crit...u can easily top custom and rr...i am doing it right now if u dont believe me :)