PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with slink's aa?

Gouiwaa9000
07-02-2016, 01:09 AM
So , yesterday i hit gold tier , and while testing the pet i saw this :

As you can see it only spawns 2 pools in any dugeon and pvp map , and its not even close to the mobs , i had to get them to run in it

While if i use it town it carefully places 7-10 pools under each player or npc , i think this is messed up.

Idk whats up with this , i tried to figure it out but , it just feels like a bug , even with multiple mob groups it still spawns 2 pools right infront of the pet , without any auto target , while in town it works perfectly .

If its not a bug can somebody explain to me how this aa works *_* ?

Sandeeep
07-02-2016, 01:09 PM
i assume 1 for player 1 for pet usually

and 5more depending on lvl and distance and number of enemies in mob
as tons of ppl in towns, high lvl distance and number of players is increase thus we see more pools

i assume this, try it in glintstone and underhul where tons of mobs are apart (little distance between the orcs/bettles) try it maybe i havent
maybe my theory is right

Fyrce
07-02-2016, 01:25 PM
From what i can tell, slink spawns the pools around you, the player. The pet has to "see" you (probably in direct line from you to pet) to spawn those pools. So if you are around a corner from your pet, for example, there will be no pools. Sometimes if you are along a wall and slink is also along a wall, the "line" might be in the wall(?), because you wont get any pools then either. The pools spread out from your location to the room. If the room is small or the area narrow, then it will look like few pools.

resurrected
07-02-2016, 01:29 PM
More players in zone: more pools. Thats what i noticed

dinzly
07-02-2016, 03:24 PM
more mobs more pool

Fyrce
07-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Wt4, lots of mobs in pull. Zero pools.

bhfanaticos
07-02-2016, 08:05 PM
More important is how AA affects pvp, i had a few clashes vs slink and i noticed 2 very important things, 1st stun is 100% and its for 5secs (too long) also nekro AA doesnt brake you free from stun, 2nd AA cool down is way to short, so you cant use stampy's AA to counter slink's AA bcs CD is twice faster. Sts should nerf this pet. Its even worse than korrupion or breeze in begining.

Kim S. Barcelo
07-02-2016, 08:23 PM
More important is how AA affects pvp, i had a few clashes vs slink and i noticed 2 very important things, 1st stun is 100% and its for 5secs (too long) also nekro AA doesnt brake you free from stun, 2nd AA cool down is way to short, so you cant use stampy's AA to counter slink's AA bcs CD is twice faster. Sts should nerf this pet. Its even worse than korrupion or breeze in begining.
Omg nerf thread again -_-

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

bhfanaticos
07-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Omg nerf thread again -_-

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Sry mate but all i want is balance in pvp, nothing more, breeze had 4 sec stun and was overpowered, slink got 5s and larger area, also makes nekro AA uselles. Also Dude if you have invested in this game enough time and money all bcs of pvp, you would be also mad when gold tier reward pet overpowers all your pets, nekro/sns/mm/ even stampy.

will0
07-02-2016, 08:56 PM
The pool duration is quite short and damage is not very high not use in PVP yet tho

Sandeeep
07-03-2016, 03:35 AM
tested in some places

noticed more players more pools (not mob based)
ursoth doesnt get stuned much (maybe i need a higher lvl slink)

Sxvm
07-03-2016, 03:54 AM

From what i know, nekro's AA doesn't brake you free from stun.

Plqgue
07-03-2016, 08:28 AM

Sts should Nerf you the aa is great in pve

dinzly
07-03-2016, 10:46 AM
why u wan sts to nerf a pet AA thats good in PvE ?? u sure u typed it right?? PvE not PvP??

mistery
07-03-2016, 11:15 AM
shaddap y'all foking beaches
no nerf bye

resurrected
07-03-2016, 11:34 AM
shaddap y'all foking beaches
no nerf bye
You dont need to be so rude and use inappropriate language. We all have right to say our opinion about this pet. None of devs said it gonna be nerfed and decision is still up to them if you forgot

resurrected
07-03-2016, 11:37 AM

why u wan sts to nerf a pet AA thats good in PvE ?? u sure u typed it right?? PvE not PvP??
He mean STS should nerf this dude not pet... another one forgot that we can speak our opinion ( i don't mean you dinzy )

dinzly
07-03-2016, 11:40 AM
He mean STS should nerf this dude not pet... another one forgot that we can speak our opinion ( i don't mean you dinzy )
omg..my mistake [emoji28] [emoji28]

Azrizal Rahimy
07-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Stop nerf the slink....i will swearing non stop who give that idea...

Croak
07-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Slink OP, nerf nerf nerfffffff

Gouiwaa9000
07-04-2016, 06:55 AM
Thanks for info :p i found out that the amount of the pools is based on the amount of players standing next to the pet ( most pools i could get : 13 )

Sandeeep
07-04-2016, 10:27 AM
did a test here is my conclusion
number of player = number of pools +1 (the slink pet is included as a player i guess)

so basically in a 4player pt where 1 has a slink
5pools (4players and the main slink)
player is counted as long as its in range

Carapace
07-05-2016, 01:51 PM
I've taken a look at this, Slink should not be generating that many pools at a time per cast, especially given the 10 second AA cooldown. There will be a fix for this, sorry for the confusion this has caused! The intent is for Slink to spawn a single pool for every person in the party. This ability will be ignore in town as well to prevent performance issues.

mistery
07-05-2016, 02:19 PM
I've taken a look at this, Slink should not be generating that many pools at a time per cast, especially given the 10 second AA cooldown. There will be a fix for this, sorry for the confusion this has caused! The intent is for Slink to spawn a single pool for every person in the party. This ability will be ignore in town as well to prevent performance issues.

pls no do dis pls

dinzly
07-05-2016, 02:32 PM
so if im full pt in dungeon then only 4 pool will be generated??

Sandeeep
07-05-2016, 02:39 PM

no no no no i want that huge aa plz plz plz dont fix it, i like that huge aa

dinzly it spawns 5 pools
4 for 4 players
and one more (i think slink counts)

1player pt (bassically just u) -> 2 pools
3player pt -> 4 pools
4player pt -> 5pools

dont fix it make slink have lots of pools in towns please sts

bhfanaticos
07-05-2016, 04:04 PM
How rude, maybe you didnt understand what im saying, i dont mind his AA in PvE it should remain like it is now. But nerf for pvp is needed, ok CD will be fixed but still stun is too long (5secs) and imun on nekro AA.

sinfuldito83
07-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Ppl always complain about aa's, stop trying to nerf pets just because you cant figure out a work around... all I ever hear when i see the nerf debate is "waaaaa i keep dying waaa it's not fair waaaa

Carapace
07-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Except in this case it wasn't doing what we intended it to do :)

Kingslaughter
07-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Aaaw....i love that fast cd...at least nerf that cd like kelvin aa cd...many cant afford arcane pet...so make this pet worth a bit... Thanks

MidasMint
07-06-2016, 12:28 AM
this was the same issue people had with breeze

MidasMint
07-06-2016, 12:33 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?349111-regarding-slink

harie
07-06-2016, 12:46 AM
Seriously you guys complaining bout this, cause slink aa is good, i have to admit you guys can't see something better than arcane pets. I suggest you guys to keep quiet. Don't think about yourselves!!!!

Azrizal Rahimy
07-06-2016, 02:21 AM
Stop fix or nert Slink!No!STS please!

Magemagix
07-06-2016, 05:19 AM
Except in this case it wasn't doing what we intended it to do :)

Could u guys plz make that change for pvp and nt pve. Its really grt in pve and wish it remains like that.

Gouiwaa9000
07-06-2016, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the attention , ( to all devs that replied ) . And also you all want slink to not be nerfed , but really it wont make a diffirecne considering only use i see for it is for tombs ... in pvp Everybody has stun immunity and running out of the pool before it ticks 3 times is easy , if you cant do that you deserve to be stunned for 5s ( even stunning your target inside the pool does not work ) and most of the elite mobs cant be stunned anyways . After all , its a pet that you can get in 3 hours -_- Everybody wants op stuff for free.....

Gouiwaa9000
07-06-2016, 05:37 AM
Seriously you guys complaining bout this, cause slink aa is good, i have to admit you guys can't see something better than arcane pets. I suggest you guys to keep quiet. Don't think about yourselves!!!!

Dude chill... the aa isnt even all thst good... And just saying you arent better than everybody who wants it nerfed , as i said before you dont even have to pay for the pet . Its stupid that a pet you get for free can be better than pets people have to farm to get , so you just dont want/cant farm gold to buy better pets and want it all for free.

Vrazicak
07-06-2016, 06:09 AM
sts makes these kind of legendary pets, so they could step up to arcane pet combinations, what can beat samael with nekro aa and mm happiness? only lots of players using different legendary pets, for example swift, korruption and slink, each pet has it's pros and cons, deal with it...

Fredystern
07-06-2016, 06:21 AM
How rude, maybe you didnt understand what im saying, i dont mind his AA in PvE it should remain like it is now. But nerf for pvp is needed, ok CD will be fixed but still stun is too long (5secs) and imun on nekro AA.

1. Nekro AA wont cancel the stun if you use the AA while you are stunned
2. Nekro AA ignore stun when you got the shield
3. Its easy to avoid the pools in PvP
4. Dont try to nerf something when you dont know how its work

Universalpro
07-06-2016, 08:00 AM
There are nerf threads for oped legendary pets aa because they are "legendary" for a reason. If they are better than arcane pets and as easily available as something as a silver tier reward or even 300-400k then why do u farm/merch to earn gold? Dont u do that to get better gear? And there has to be a difference b/w arcane/mythic/legendary that is why we classify them that way.
If u cant earn gold and need an op pet easily then its ur fault.

P.S. - Not specifically referring to slink/korruption but as general

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

harie
07-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Lol gouiwaa i'm not saying that i want something for free, i'm just saying slink should be his rarity!
Besides, i didn't use nekro since i got slink, slink is the pet that i kept using nowdays!!!

Gouiwaa9000
07-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Lol gouiwaa i'm not saying that i want something for free, i'm just saying slink should be his rarity!
Besides, i didn't use nekro since i got slink, slink is the pet that i kept using nowdays!!!

Yes thats right , But slink is only legedary . And a legendary pet should not overpower current best arcane pets. ( And no, im not one of those who just want to keep their nekro as best pet forever ) p.s if you want a cheap and good pet get blinky , kprruption or try adding ribbits aa to nilbog .

Gouiwaa9000
07-07-2016, 01:17 AM
sts makes these kind of legendary pets, so they could step up to arcane pet combinations, what can beat samael with nekro aa and mm happiness? only lots of players using different legendary pets, for example swift, korruption and slink, each pet has it's pros and cons, deal with it...

Just get focus on that player and try to kill him first so he will cuase less trouble. ( Only legendary pets i see in pvp today are : blinky , korruptipn , crit pets )

bhfanaticos
07-07-2016, 03:08 AM
1. Nekro AA wont cancel the stun if you use the AA while you are stunned
2. Nekro AA ignore stun when you got the shield
3. Its easy to avoid the pools in PvP
4. Dont try to nerf something when you dont know how its work
I know that, nekros shield ignore stun while you got it, but when you r against 2 or 3 slinks, thers no chance to avoid stun, also slink pools if stacked does instastun, if you r playing on 56 clashes are like 1-5min max, so slink doesnt make big difference, but for twinks its a nightmare. Ironbit removes stun but his CD cant keep up with slink. I know exactly how it works tested it for 1k times trying to find weak spots. Its not easy to avoid pools, maybe tdm but in ctf you cant run from pools.

Asron9
07-07-2016, 03:15 AM
Could u guys plz make that change for pvp and nt pve. Its really grt in pve and wish it remains like that.

agreeeeeer pls dont nerf in pve ,only pvp pls pls

Sent from my Lenovo A1900 using Tapatalk