PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Notice Pain not dealing the correct damage?

noneo
08-24-2011, 12:35 PM
My pain is at lvl 1, and is only supposed to give 15-25 damage at the end of stun (the explosion).

I did some very rudimentary tests in Delta 7 Dead Man and no matter how many times I casted, the max explosion damage from Pain (with nothing equipped) was 20, and the usual amount being 17-18. At lvl 1 the explosion is supposed to deal 15-25 damage. I have never hit a 25 unless I have armor/weapons on.

Also, when I have weapons/armor equipped the skill description does not change to add more damage. However, when I cast the skill with equips on I usually hit a 30-33 damge on explosion. So, I know my equips effect the amound of damage, the description just doesn't update.

Another interesting thing to note is that the same explosion deals different damage to each mob. (i.e. one gets hit with a 32, and the other a 33). I am assuming this is because each mob has different armor, but I am not sure.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Also, my Empathy is lvl 5 and is supposed to give 25-30 health every 3 seconds. When I casted it (with no equips i.e. naked) the skill gave me 38, 42, 44, 41, 40 and other amounts greater than 30. I actually never got healed anything less than 35.

I haven't tested the other skills to see if the descriptions are correct, but I wanted to get some discussion started. (I get the feeling they are all messed up.)

Ebalere
08-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Very interesting, indeed. Are you taking into accoutn enemy armor in accordance with pain's damage? The heals are definately weird, especially if u casted naked.

Silentarrow
08-24-2011, 12:56 PM
You must take your int. And the enemies armor into account.

GigaBits
08-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Isn't it possible that our aoe dmg is "rolled" seperately for each mob, thus diff dmg amounts on each. Or do we know that it's a single calculation for all. I haven't tested pain but transference seems to do different dmg even to same enemy types.(tested in dynastar)

noneo
08-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Very interesting, indeed. Are you taking into accoutn enemy armor in accordance with pain's damage? The heals are definately weird, especially if u casted naked.

Well, I definitely overlooked the enemy armor. With that said, it must mean that the "bugs" (that burst out of the sewers) in Dead Man Cave all have 5 armor. I will do some further testing to make sure though.

And I agree with the weirdness of the heals. Especially since it was well above the 30 max limit.

Would anyone with a low lever character care to do some tests with me? One that has the same level of Empathy. I wonder if your attributes have anything to do with how much heal you receive.

Isn't it possible that our aoe dmg is "rolled" separately for each mob, thus diff dmg amounts on each. Or do we know that it's a single calculation for all. I haven't tested pain but transference seems to do different dmg even to same enemy types.(tested in dynastar)

It appears that there must be individual rolls for each mob. I don't see any other way there could be different amounts of damage done from the same skill cast, unless they have different armor which doesn't make much sense.

Raulur
08-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Probably individual damage rolls as you said. I'm guessing not all skill desciptions have been updated to scale with the weapon and int factored in as well.

Most of the time I use a scavenger rifle at the Guardian, so that might be why I grab so much aggro from him no matter how many comms are there. Scav rifle + level 4 pain might make a big boom, never really tested it.

Ebalere
08-25-2011, 11:05 AM

Well, I definitely overlooked the enemy armor. With that said, it must mean that the "bugs" (that burst out of the sewers) in Dead Man Cave all have 5 armor. I will do some further testing to make sure though.

And I agree with the weirdness of the heals. Especially since it was well above the 30 max limit.

Would anyone with a low lever character care to do some tests with me? One that has the same level of Empathy. I wonder if your attributes have anything to do with how much heal you receive.

Isn't it possible that our aoe dmg is "rolled" separately for each mob, thus diff dmg amounts on each. Or do we know that it's a single calculation for all. I haven't tested pain but transference seems to do different dmg even to same enemy types.(tested in dynastar)

It appears that there must be individual rolls for each mob. I don't see any other way there could be different amounts of damage done from the same skill cast, unless they have different armor which doesn't make much sense.

I have a 2nd engi lv.11 named squidward, would be happy to respec skills in the name of testing with you. Holla at me in game!