PDA

View Full Version : Gaining exp in lower level dungeons

v5point0
06-17-2010, 02:42 PM
People play to level up mainly to equip better gear, for more skill points or stats, or for PvP. Now it would be nice if you could go back to your old dungeons to gain experience leveling up, after all you paid for all them didn't you. At the moment you don't gain experience nor kill/death ratio from raiding old low level dungeons - you only gain money. It would be nice to solo some old dungeons and gain some experience from it once in a while.

I understand the developers point of view that by incorporating this, some may deter from buying new campaigns. I beg to differ though, as you still have new high level loot which is exclusive to the dungeon along with a brand new experience/adventure to encourage people to buy. And if someone wants to stop buying new campaigns, they can always level up in the latest dungeon they have every time the level cap updated.

Truthfully some are already thinking about how much they have spent, more so on how much more they going to or willing to spend and limiting certain things does not really work towards the advantage of either parties. This is a game geared towards the casual gamer, and though some would be hardcore, loyal followers with every campaign, most will start to wonder if its worth to spend.

I also notice that at the moment the exp gained from killing a zombie in Forest Haven is identical to killing a croc in Ancient Swamps, hence making leveling up much more an exhausting task. If exp was awarded based on enemy level, I think it would be more rewarding for the players as well.

PS: I have all three characters, each at level 35 and I have spent AUD31.10 so far on this game.

JavaJax
06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Agreed, about scaling the rewards to the threat, and also to finding a way to make previously-purchased content have more utility. Perhaps with the advent of crafting, etc, these dungeons will once again see utility.