PDA

View Full Version : This could've had an effect on why its taking so long for SL release??

TANKKAAR
08-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Steve Jobs steps down as CEO of Apple effective immediatly!

So yeh I have seen internal corparate changes like this effect lots of companies in terms of placing projects on hold (like SL) untill matters of this sort can be set into place. What do you think? Check it out :-)

http://m.usatoday.com/article/money/50126292

JaytB
08-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Not sure about its effects on app reviews, but really interesting (and sad in the same time) news.

But yeah, a big change like this is definitely stirring up Apple IMO

Ellyidol
08-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Dang. Did not expect this. I don't think it's Apple's performance, Jobs' health maybe?

Moogerfooger
08-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Jobs' health has been shaky for over a year. I highly doubt this has anything to do with app approvals.

TANKKAAR
08-24-2011, 06:19 PM
He took the seat as chairman..... so IDK why the sudden change but knowing apple its all about the money....hahaha

Moogerfooger
08-24-2011, 06:20 PM
If it is all about money, they wouldn't stop approving/delay apps. Jobs has been out sick for stretches at a time before and Apple did not stop. Just sayin'.

TANKKAAR
08-24-2011, 06:23 PM
If it is all about money, they wouldn't stop approving/delay apps. Jobs has been out sick for stretches at a time before and Apple did not stop. Just sayin'.

Yeh but they delayed the "Paid app" Star legends due to the fact they wanted to keep their money and didn't want universal PLAT..... soOoo its still about the money :-P

EDIT: and besides new CEO = LOTS of changes I'm sure that this is only new to us and inside Apple they have known for a while. This just seems to be a very strategic move on apples part..

Moogerfooger
08-24-2011, 06:29 PM
It's not strange at all. There has been talk about Jobs' stepping down as CEO to some degree for a while because of his health. He hasn't been in charge of day-to-day ops for quite a while.

Go ahead and tell yourself it has something to do with the delay, if you want to.

RedRyder
08-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Nothing to do with the delay lol. OC is still getting it's update and 4 other games I play frequently updated today. Especially 'Exitium' that has a sort of platinum system for in app purchases that travels across all it's games (sound familiar?) the delay is due to apple being greedy, since STS provides about 5 different ways to purchase in app currency outside of iOS.

TANKKAAR
08-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Go ahead and tell yourself it has something to do with the delay, if you want to.

#1 I said it coud....lol

Nothing to do with the delay lol. OC is still getting it's update and 4 other games I play frequently updated today. Especially 'Exitium' that has a sort of platinum system for in app purchases that travels across all it's games (sound familiar?) the delay is due to apple being greedy, since STS provides about 5 different ways to purchase in app currency outside of iOS.

#2 It has been so many times.... This is far from an update on a game that has already been approved.. Its the realease of a "NEW" game and because of that requires a lot more attention and resources dedicated to it. Which "Possibly" Apple didn't want to dedicate knowing that these changes were taking place.

Either way I was just offering a new perspective on the situation and one of the many possibilities as to why Apple as delayed the approval for so long :-) But you can go ahead and tell yourself you know so much better then me if it makes you feel better.

drewcapu
08-24-2011, 07:21 PM
The Steve will get better once SL is approved and he can play it on his iPad.

Fact!

Ellyidol
08-24-2011, 07:33 PM
The Steve will get better once SL is approved and he can play it on his iPad.

Fact!

Duh! Why do you think he gets sick with intervals? It's when PL isn't updated. Now it's getting worse since he can't play SL!

Joking aside, I wish him the best.

RedRyder
08-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Tank don't get so hostile lol, I sure wasn't. Greed is probably a main factor why SL didn't get approved, not because steve jobs lost his seat.

Ayrilana
08-24-2011, 08:40 PM
A CEO has better things to do than to oversee the approval of apps. Steve Jobs resigning (again) has about as much impact on app approval as S&P's credit downgrade does.

Tvis
08-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Here's another link about it (just for fun) from MSN.com:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44264089/ns/business-us_business/?gt1=43001

TANKKAAR
08-25-2011, 03:41 AM
A CEO has better things to do than to oversee the approval of apps. Steve Jobs resigning (again) has about as much impact on app approval as S&P's credit downgrade does.

If you read what I had written I never said anything about a CEO overseeing app approval....hahaha
What was said tho was there is a possibility that the internal turmoil of losing an iconic figure head such as Steve and having a new CEO stepping in could have effected alot of things. the reason I say this is because I have ben working inside a company whos CEO stepped down and multiple projects were put on hold acrosed the board in all areas of the business. What I am saying is this isnt as simple as one person stepping out and another stepping in. I think it effects alot more then you are giving it credit for and I highley doubt (if my theory has any validity) that SL was the only thing effected.....

Zeus
08-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Hint. I suggest people buy APPL stocks after people stop panicking. Steve Jobs resigning is not going to stop the innovation and cult following they have for their products.

Otukura
08-25-2011, 09:32 PM

We're talking about a CEO who needs to micro-manage the cafeteria. :p