PDA

View Full Version : Best gear to buy with platinum?

bouts
08-24-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty new, but already purchased platinum - so far i've bought the premium character package, and i'm not sure what else to buy, so what would you guys recommend?

AdinoEznite
08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
a lot of the gear over lvl 20 ive heard is outclassed by the in game drops
so what character are you using?
interested in pvp?

bouts
08-24-2011, 07:16 PM
That's what I figured, so I was thinking about buying rings (you can only get those with platinum right?)
And i'm playing an Archer, mostly going for PvE.

EDIT: Also, what does "CS" mean? I know that's a dumb question but I keep hearing the term reading around the forum and can't figure out what the abbreviation means lol

Whirlzap
08-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Rings, CURRENTLY they're available only for Platinum.
However the Ring Tab in CS seems to give hint to rumors of DROPPABLE rings and more DROPPABLE vanities from the new update monsters/bosses.
This is only a rumor though.

Whirlzap
08-24-2011, 07:24 PM
CS stands for Consignment Shoppe which is the auction-thingy in Balefort Castle.

Magecreater
08-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Ca is that place in the Towne the blackstone were u can put things up for sell.

JaytB
08-24-2011, 07:25 PM
That's what I figured, so I was thinking about buying rings (you can only get those with platinum right?)
And i'm playing an Archer, mostly going for PvE.

EDIT: Also, what is "CS"? I know that's a dumb question but I keep hearing the term reading around the forum and can't figure out what the abbreviation means lol

Yeah, plat gear can be nice but you're better off keeping your plat for other purposes (leveling, vanity items, new premium maps...). As said already, plat gear isn't that good, once you're higher level.

Cs stands for 'consignment shoppe', it's in balefort castle. It's where you can buy and sell gear.

Rings are a good investment IMO, but I wouldn't bother with the lvl10 rings, unless it would be for twinking (low lvl farmer or pvp char).

A bit unrelated, you might want to put all your points in dex. Pure dex birds are very wanted in parties, because they can speed up the time to kill a boss considerably :)

Edit: rings can only be bought with plat btw (for now)

bouts
08-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah, plat gear can be nice but you're better off keeping your plat for other purposes (leveling, vanity items, new premium maps...). As said already, plat gear isn't that good, once you're higher level.

Cs stands for 'consignment shoppe', it's in balefort castle. It's where you can buy and sell gear.

Rings are a good investment IMO, but I wouldn't bother with the lvl10 rings, unless it would be for twinking (low lvl farmer or pvp char).

A bit unrelated, you might want to put all your points in dex. Pure dex birds are very wanted in parties, because they can speed up the time to kill a boss considerably :)

Edit: rings can only be bought with plat btw (for now)

Thanks so much for all of the useful information, I figured CS was the auction place, but every time I look there's never anything for sale there (probably just bad timing)

I suppose i'll save my platinum for the expansion maps and higher level rings, and i've also been going pure Dex on my bird, I appreciate the help! :victorious:

AdinoEznite
08-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks so much for all of the useful information, I figured CS was the auction place, but every time I look there's never anything for sale there (probably just bad timing)

I suppose i'll save my platinum for the expansion maps and higher level rings, and i've also been going pure Dex on my bird, I appreciate the help! :victorious:
maps imo are the next best use for your plat other than rings and a lvl 10 premium weap/armor pack for twinking (a low lvl character with awesome gear used for pvp/low lvl farming)

for the CS you have to talk to the birds and search for an item or just pick a category and search it or else you wont see anything
theres always hundreds if not thousands of items on the CS. Literally.

JaytB
08-24-2011, 07:38 PM
I figured CS was the auction place, but every time I look there's never anything for sale there (probably just bad timing)

Strange, what level are you? There isn't really much worth buying or affordable till you'll level up. CS really is filled with A LOT of items selling every day.

Low level stuff is generally very expensive too. Bird gear that's worth spending gold on (for pve) start at lv20ish IMO

bouts
08-24-2011, 10:02 PM
maps imo are the next best use for your plat other than rings and a lvl 10 premium weap/armor pack for twinking (a low lvl character with awesome gear used for pvp/low lvl farming)

for the CS you have to talk to the birds and search for an item or just pick a category and search it or else you wont see anything
theres always hundreds if not thousands of items on the CS. Literally.

Yeah that's what i'll be going for is maps and the higher level rings once I get up there, is there a specific order in which I should purchase the maps? Where would be a good place to farm once I get up to a higher level? I'm level 7 right now LOL.

About the CS, I guess that's what the problem was, I never saw the categories or anything, so i'll have to check that out next (not that I can afford any of it.. lol)

Thanks for clarifying guys!