PDA

View Full Version : Tips for noob sellers or first time sellers

Driazsomethingiforgot
08-24-2011, 10:01 PM
So its kinda getting on my nerves all the people getting taken advantage of in this game so Im starting up this thread to help people on selling and buying things in game.

1. Always check CS price before you buy or sell anything.

2. Patiences is a virtue. Sure you can sell it right away for 70% off the CS value but if you take your time you could easily sell it for 80-100% of its real value.

3. Things tend to be cheaper on the weekends than the weekdays because more people play on the weekends meaning more items to sell and cheaper stuff for you to buy.

4. If you sell on the weekdays you will make slightly more gold because some people will want to buy items even if the y know it will be cheaper on the weekends.

5. If your negotiating prices dont sell under 70% of the item even if you are in need of gold. Most likely they will just resell for more and you will lose money, when you could have made more.

6. When buying from someone directly always try to negotiate prices down to a reasonable amount I say 10-30% off CS value. Sellers tend to be more flexible if selling directly.

7. Just because theres none in the cs dose not mean its worth a fortune.

8. If you dont know how much its worth ask a friend or high lv person they will give you a idea.

9. If your going to make a expensive purchase be sure to watch the price for a few weeks before buying so you know the price range of the item. High price items tends to fluctuate.

10. If your trading for items be sure the overall prices match up or the gold compensates for the lack for the item. Ex. (20k item) traded for a (10k item) and 10k

Well my mind just went blank but feel free to add more ideas or feedback below.

Johnaudi
08-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Ty,Nice guide...

Unxtoxic
08-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Very nice guide! I learned a thing or 2, well great guide you made :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trollee
08-25-2011, 01:20 AM
3. Things tend to be cheaper on the weekends than the weekdays because more people play on the weekends meaning more items to sell and cheaper stuff for you to buy.

4. If you sell on the weekdays you will make slightly more gold because some people will want to buy items even if the y know it will be cheaper on the weekends.

I had never even thought of this. Nice tip!

Redbridge
08-25-2011, 02:21 AM
For high turn over items there is sometimes a daily fluctuation in prices. I think there are more American players than anywhere else in the world, so the prices tend to start to dip throughout the evening in America until late evening/early morning (when US players are starting to log off) when they start to restore slowly over the rest of the day. If I'm buying I tend to buy in the morning in the UK which is early am hours in US when there tends to be slightly more items in CS. This is not always the case but often you can find some better deals at certain times of the day.

GELLIO77
08-25-2011, 03:33 AM
U live in Uk? if so your the second person i know in the whole game who lives in uk

Driazsomethingiforgot
08-25-2011, 04:27 AM
Thanks red ive kinda noticed that also.

Ixillicus
08-25-2011, 04:38 AM
nice guide.

Navygreen
08-25-2011, 10:17 AM
My prices are low and will remain that way regardless of what the CS is doing. Some may say i'm stupid and losing out on money but at the rate I have been selling cheap items, i've made a pretty penny. Just doing low level runs and racking up on items I won't use and selling them for cheap to people that need them. I've made a decent name for myself I think. I don't even throw up an ad sometimes and people ask to trade with me constantly.

Nice guide though I appreciate it. For the pinks and purps that I have, I will most definately be checking the CS before I start selling those! Thanks for the tips. :)

Kakatoa91
08-25-2011, 11:21 AM
You forgot to add to doublecheck the price when u put ur item in cs.... just checkin is not enuff :D

It hurts when you forgot to add a 0...

Nice lil guide for the CS/market noob.

Lobstie
08-25-2011, 07:39 PM
i have other experiences with point 3./4. at weekend i sell a lot of items to higher conditions as weekdays. because more players play at weekend and want to buy stuff. i sell the same amount of items in a few hours as the whoole week bevor. a lot of my fav items are very rar at this time and i can rice the prices. not so at weekdays. a lot of offers and not so much buyers. weekend is selling time for me. the reason for that difference can be the timezone. i live in europe.