PDA

View Full Version : Strategies Against The Guardian

Junside
08-25-2011, 12:16 AM
The Guardian boss on Uncharted Ruins of Numa Prime can be diff:dread:icult if your is unbalanced, uncoordinated and/or uncooperative. The simplest strategy would be to heal like mad and wail at him but I wanted.to know if there were some insightful tips anyone was willing to share.

I know there has to be something we could do with those lamp monsters and the oil puddles.

What I do in a party is let the commando eat up all the aggro and damage. Engies heal constantly and everyone periodically uses damage skills. Use aoe skills to fend off lamp monsters.

Cascade
08-25-2011, 12:24 AM
My strategy: Kill him.

Raulur
08-25-2011, 12:34 AM
If you can get him over to the puddles in back, it does help it go a tad quicker. I'm sure somebody could drag the lanterns over to him, but I doubt it would help enough to justify someone taking their concentration off of the boss. They do catch on fire though, so who knows...

Two engineers can keep him in "Pain" almost the whole fight if they can get the timing down.

alexjp
08-25-2011, 12:42 AM
If you have operatives make sure to use the fire breath skill sorry i can't remeber the skill off the top of my head

Deadly Deceit
08-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Tank'n Spank
'nough said

Growwle
08-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Bring an Engineer, or lots of stims, or both and shoot the Guardian until it dies.

Ebalere
08-25-2011, 04:38 AM
Take your op, go in solo with 20 stims, and kite him using the yellow orbs to speed away when he speeds up, and you can solo him fairly easily. Breath fire on him when he's on top of a puddle and he should stop and dance, taking damage. Use this time while he's dancing to let the lamps gather and cast amplify pain, mindwrack, and then sympathetic anguish, hopefully your flamethrower is close to recharge, kill nearby lamps, lure guardian to another puddle, and repeat. Otherwise just mash him. He's got a ton of health is all. Only one of his attacks do any serious damage.

WhoIsThis
08-25-2011, 06:23 AM
Have a commando charge in and gain aggro. Then have the rest of the team follow him. The commando will need to kite via the orbs. Meanwhile, have the rest of the team unload spells like amplify pain. Spam heal.

He has really high armor, which is why it takes really long. He also seems to be resistant to being lurched.

peacemaster
08-25-2011, 06:32 AM
meh, you are overcomplicating it... Just tank and spank. Either engi or commando can tank him just fine

Kakatoa91
08-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Hes a boring boss... not much sweat really.
Im sure Meathead would crush his skull easily.

- If u dun like the lil lamps, lure him at the back. No lamps go/respawn there.

- Normally u dun need stims if u have at least 1 engi, 1 comm.

- u only need stims when goin solo, no engi or if the team is awfull.

- wave hello b4 he dies, he gives better drop and 10k exp.

Acyer
08-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Look the sprites dont really damage him enough to worry about kiting.
Best strategy for guardian requires a real tank. Have commando get aggro and have everyone else dps him down plain and simple. If ur getting knocked back too much, pull him to where ur back is up against the wall. Other than that pretty much a spank and tank boss.

BodMaster
08-25-2011, 12:00 PM
The Guardian boss on Uncharted Ruins of Numa Prime can be diff:dread:icult if your is unbalanced, uncoordinated and/or uncooperative. The simplest strategy would be to heal like mad and wail at him but I wanted.to know if there were some insightful tips anyone was willing to share.

I know there has to be something we could do with those lamp monsters and the oil puddles.

What I do in a party is let the commando eat up all the aggro and damage. Engies heal constantly and everyone periodically uses damage skills. Use aoe skills to fend off lamp monsters.

Hey bud.. unfortunately not much strategy can go into this boss like alot said no real gain from using lamps puddles n such.. Tank n Spank.. pretty much how we demolished him the 1st time you went against Guardian xD

Liathea
08-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Just have two or three ops there with amped up Flames of Insanity. He's weak against fire, so if you have multiple ops spewing fire at him, he'll die pretty easily.

Xaphan Fox
08-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Commando runs in first with engineer #1 or #2 support, builds hate a second. Engineers do not autoattack yet... just stand there. Empathy and Transference when empathy tick falls behind.

After a few seconds when the commando appears to have solid agro (transference/empathy has not pulled boss attention) Bring in the damage dealers. Engineers can auto attack at this time, but be careful. Healing is hate-tastic.

If at anytime anyone who isn't the commando pulls.. stop attacking. Stop generating theat. You have produced a larger amount of hate than the commando. Let him catch back up.

Some random notes:

Engineers: Only have Empathy, a heal over time that does not stack with other engineers, and transference, a relatively instant one time heal with a cool down. It is very possible to take more damage than a single empathy and transference from a single or second engineer. Be ready to stimpack or die. Don't complain either. Damage can be rather bursty, and with healers only level 25, they are surely missing some crucial class defining heals from later levels.

Operatives: Do not lead charges. Do not attack right away. Let the damage soaker build the hate you can outdo in 2 skills. The hit/damage reduction skill you have helps whole group. Be a team player. You arent here alone.

Commandos Although your damage is great on large number trash pulls, since you are so Area of Effect-centric, your primary roll is not damage in the pve dungeon environment. You are a meat shield.
If the skill says it has a taunt component, get it. If the skill makes you take less damage, get it. It is your job on a boss to keep his attention the entire time, even with a zerg group who spams skills and makes your life impossible.

Granted any boss can have a clever gimick that makes you unable to tank and spank. Either its a boss that hits so hard he is supposed to be kite'd around, or there is some invironmental gimmick that has to be utilized.

Even still, the tank and spank strategy, people knowing how their class affects what others need to accomplish etc... will make your life easier in this or any mmo.

This stuff held true for Everquest 15 years ago. It holds true now for any modern mmo.

...woof

Testament 26 Victory Healgineer
Melchior 26 Derptastic DPSgineer
Xaphan 26 Winner Commando
Entropy 26 Stabby Operative

Xaphan Fox
08-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Another strat is:

1) Hit buttons
2) Boss dies
3) Dance