PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Daily Deal and Special Items Brought Back!

Whirlzap
08-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Hello everyone.
Recently the Daily Deal came out for Androids.
It basically gives a special item each day at a discounted price.
So far, some elixirs, gold, and vanities have been priced but also a Red Antenna came out.
I honestly DO NOT think this should be done. Especially the Red Antenna saying, "You were THERE."
I heard this was from a contest. And it SHOULD stay from a contest.
Even the description saying you were THERE, this especially annoys me.
You were NOT THERE, the people who entered the contest and did whatever they did to earn the original prize were THERE, but the people who simply bought it for Platinum were not there.
Also, crimson holoshield? Of course, Developers said they would release the Hardlight Shield but a red version? Seriously? Why not go ahead and make a red version of the Founder's Helm? I'm sure there will be tons of people who want to be able to get some armor bonus, plus it's just more money from Platinum right? I also heard that Big Love was being brought back. Ha, this was a festival item! And it was 15 Platinum back then. Apparently you cannot get Little Love from waving to it. So basically the people who paid 15 Platinum will have an item that is brought back, while he people who waved for the Little Love has a special item.

Getting these special items makes people feel "special".
It makes their collections seem UNIQUE.
That's why they bought them in the first place.
In my opinion, Daily Deal should be just for items that are CURRENTLY available and maybe some new items! No measly versions of the Hardlight Shield, and no holiday rares.
I am thinking of this from both sides; I never even got the Hardlight Shield OR Red Antenna.
So, if STS wants to make Daily Deal so "profitable" by bringing back stuff, why not make a Founder's Helm? Or a Shield of Gratitude, more likely the Shield of Ungratitude towards those who actually deserved it.
How about an Orange Community Shield? A Black PL Shield?
I want you to think about WHAT these items mean, in value and who DESERVE them.
Right now, Daily Deal seems like this "Blast from the Past" in disguise.

Sure, you can always say people need another "chance" for these items, but consider the "chance" the original players who received the items had to do. Red antenna required an entry to a contest and Hardlight shield required a subscription to a game that wouldn't be known to be released for weeks. There are no "chances", the past is the past and if you have missed it, you must look to the future. The discontinued items were from the past, the winter festival items, the halloween items, the Founder's Helm, the Shield of Gratitude! There is no way to regain any of these items, because they were NOT known to be given. The original people who purchased the campaigns never knew they were going to receive a shield, right?
The original Guardians of Alterra did not know about receiving the shield. The original people who played the game were not promised a special and unique helm the first day they started. They have stayed with us for long, and so have the people who acquired the Red Antenna and the Big Love. They are the people who deserve these special items, and the ONLY people who deserve them.

I am not saying Daily Deal is a bad idea. I am just saying, actually give a deal, not a bribe.
I am saying that collector's items should remain collector's and a daily deal should be a daily deal.
I hope STS will atleast consider this opinion of mine and many others about this new feature.
It is a great feature, and I respect it; however they need to know, reckless releasing of items from the past simply for profit, or any other reason should be atleast given some voices from those who have already gotten them. Hopefully someday, the Daily Deal can be steadily modified to what it is supposed to be defined and function as: a discounted offer for those seeking a bargain and not a revive towards goods from the past.

Please, no flaming or trolling. This is only a VIEW, not a rant.
I would like to see everyone else's opinions on this.
-Whirlzap

WoundedEagle
08-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Suggestions Section? Correct me^ if I am wrong

cagethewicked
08-25-2011, 10:05 AM
ive played for ever but i think old items should stay gone but everyone deserves a chance at deals n new items or brought back ones...its advertisement for company with droid. No one player is better tjan the other.

cagethewicked
08-25-2011, 10:05 AM
n yes wrong section

cmangalos
08-25-2011, 10:39 AM
well is there a way to move this thread to the correct section?

Im not against the developers decision about the deal of the day. simple pocket legends needs to gain a profitable money to support the devs, the game, and the company per se, that's why sometimes i buy platinum t support them.

but what im really into is device OS discrepancy, for example only those Iphone user have the opportunity to have the founder's helm,
as we all know founder's helm has a very good stats addition, and very effective on level 10-15 pvp, well no android user can ever have this helm,

but when this day of the deal comes out, it was first introduced on android os , but the thing here is they promise to repeat all the deals as long as it was approved by Apple, then why is it like that?

just to be fair , between android users and iphone users, they should also make a something worth like founder helm for android users, you may not call it founder's helm but it should have the same stats addition. android users never got a chance of this founder's helm.

Register
08-25-2011, 10:44 AM
I agree with whirlz. Although I think SOME items could be brought back. But not huge things. Antennaes should never have been put up. Wasnt the point of antennaes to show U WERE THERE? It sort of ruins peoples collections in a way who collected all or most antennae before daily deal.

Whirlzap
08-25-2011, 11:01 AM
You've got to remember. This is a daily deal, not blast from the past.
Whole different concept meaning nothing should be brought back from the past.

Bgandyful
08-25-2011, 11:10 AM
I like it, but they cant make everyone happy...so dont try..continue doing whats cool. I want a pumkin head..also the “uniqeness“ of a persons set only matters to that person..ponder it for a moment

StompArtist
08-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Could not agree more. Items previously shown has "gone forever" after the event should stay that way.

Kraze
08-25-2011, 11:20 AM
well is there a way to move this thread to the correct section?

Im not against the developers decision about the deal of the day. simple pocket legends needs to gain a profitable money to support the devs, the game, and the company per se, that's why sometimes i buy platinum t support them.

but what im really into is device OS discrepancy, for example only those Iphone user have the opportunity to have the founder's helm,
as we all know founder's helm has a very good stats addition, and very effective on level 10-15 pvp, well no android user can ever have this helm,

but when this day of the deal comes out, it was first introduced on android os , but the thing here is they promise to repeat all the deals as long as it was approved by Apple, then why is it like that?

just to be fair , between android users and iphone users, they should also make a something worth like founder helm for android users, you may not call it founder's helm but it should have the same stats addition. android users never got a chance of this founder's helm.
Take a page from the iOS players handbook for the last 2 months. Be patient veteran rewards will come out eventually

NECROREAPER
08-25-2011, 12:03 PM
I whole heartedly agree whirlz.

If they decide to bring up quest items like the pumpkin and the snowman and make them dailys then what was the point of even having done the quest at all. It's like having to do an intensive class project but not actually doing it and showing up the day of where someone has a project done and you can buy it from them to reap the benefits.

I swear to god if they sell the pumpkin.......
:mad:

Navygreen
08-25-2011, 12:06 PM
hmm.. touchy subject I see. has to be a tough one for STS.. How to please everyone? They obviously are thinking of longevity with this game because they're constantly updating and trying to please a large number of people. On the one hand you have the people who have these exclusive items. And on the other you have tons of new players joining left and right and would like to play the game and have a fair chance at some of those items... What to do? Wow....

Cytokinesis
08-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I totally agree with u but i am happy i got my Decorative Antlers XD

Liathea
08-25-2011, 04:59 PM
I agree with the OP. Special items should not be brought back to the shop in any manner. What is the point of buying an item when it is first released if there is going to be an identical item released for less just a few months after the original release? I would not have bought Big Love for Valentine's Day if I had known it was going to become a part of a Daily Deal release. ._.

Also, i was disappointed when they removed the Little Love granting from Big Love. I was kind of hoping the granting ability would be reactivated for Valentine's next year. :3

serprus
08-25-2011, 05:41 PM
OP +1

Kingofhurtz
08-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Wait you're kidding me right? They SOLD the red antenna?! As in plat purchase?! How did I not know about this? That was from a contest. Everyone who wrote a haiku got one...So now mine is meaningless.

And there is no way to reverse this. They can't just take away everyones red antennae...

Otukura
08-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Wait you're kidding me right? They SOLD the red antenna?! As in plat purchase?! How did I not know about this? That was from a contest. Everyone who wrote a haiku got one...So now mine is meaningless.

And there is no way to reverse this. They can't just take away everyones red antennae...

20 plat.

Arterra
08-25-2011, 06:27 PM
i dont think we would mind if they started repeating antennae, for actual contests..

Liathea
08-26-2011, 02:51 PM
For contests, sure, but not as a plain old plat purchase. That's unfair to those who participated in the contest. For holiday vanities, it's unfair to those who bought them thinking they would be rare items later on.

octavos
08-26-2011, 03:59 PM
For contests, sure, but not as a plain old plat purchase. That's unfair to those who participated in the contest. For holiday vanities, it's unfair to those who bought them thinking they would be rare items later on.

Understood, but new members want the stuff too, its not fair being able to show off your items when new players have the benefit too and they just discovered SL and PL.
Sharing is caring, but you can say that you were there when you attended. plus, if your a die hard fan, you know that new items come up for max leveled players :p

PS. check this link http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34447-Deal-of-the-Day

Whirlzap
08-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Sam, thanks for moving this however this is the Star Legends forum, not PL....?