PDA

View Full Version : New Pocket Legends Client 1.7.3 Available

Samhayne
08-25-2011, 02:03 PM
In preparation for the new Level Cap, new Campaign and Guilds functionality, we have released a new client for Pocket Legends: version 1.7.3. To enable these new features, it is necessary for us to release this client ahead of time and stabilize it. Look for these features in the near future.

Download the new client from iTunes or the Android Market, as appropriate for your device.

Archey
08-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Yea sam noticed it in sl when i hit a button, are all the daily deals gonna happen again? Because i really wanted the red hardlight shield but have an ipod

apoceq
08-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Yaay..GJ guys! :)

Navygreen
08-25-2011, 02:13 PM
nice thanks again!

Samhayne
08-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Yea sam noticed it in sl when i hit a button, are all the daily deals gonna happen again? Because i really wanted the red hardlight shield but have an ipod

Yes, our plan is to re-do the Daily Deals so that iOS users have the opportunity to get them.

AdinoEznite
08-25-2011, 02:15 PM
wait it seems like im not seeing an update for the android system?
when i try to open PL it says to DL the new client, but in the android market it doesnt say theres an update

Cascade
08-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Cool im excited for the new release!

frankinnh
08-25-2011, 02:46 PM
No update available on android market. I uninstalled and installed in the market bit it still will not run. Keeps redirecting me back to the market = I can not play!

On android phone that worked fine just a couple hours ago.

What's going on?

AdinoEznite
08-25-2011, 02:56 PM
No update available on android market. I uninstalled and installed in the market bit it still will not run. Keeps redirecting me back to the market = I can not play!

What's going on?
DL from pocket legends website (middle button when you open PL)(worked for me)

Swimmingstar
08-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Yayyyyyy!

Ixillicus
08-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I am hoping for a Monday release, since thats usually when these things get released :P

ScarecrowWolf
08-25-2011, 03:15 PM
wait it seems like im not seeing an update for the android system?
when i try to open PL it says to DL the new client, but in the android market it doesnt say theres an update
Download it from the pl website.

ScarecrowWolf
08-25-2011, 03:17 PM

What's going on?

When it comes on it says u can download from android store, pocket legends site, or another site. Click on middle, which is pocket legends site, and it should automatically start downloading.

CrimsonTider
08-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Worked great so far! Thanks Sam!

frankinnh
08-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Um ... someone messed up. You can not get update from market. I tried twice around 4pm.

I was able to get 1.7.3 from the middle option.

Fncrazy
08-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Please fix.

Fncrazy
08-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Duel spec loadouts not workin please fix

Swimmingstar
08-25-2011, 03:58 PM
so many glitches :(

Tsarra
08-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Ya...I just got owned in a rather severe sort of fashion down there too. I know I'm rusty, but not that rusty. Plus, I was just in there this morning. Brutal. Please fix...it's hard enough to level normally. :p

Combat Gerbil
08-25-2011, 04:27 PM
And why can I no longer access "frozen Nightmares".. frost hollow??.. I was in the middle of a quest.. now I have to purchase???

Combat Gerbil
08-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Scratch that... my bad.. wrong area.. Must have been playing too much tonight..

Samikanz
08-25-2011, 04:33 PM
So far i don't like that the enemies are 3x stronger. I wish i could solo SandCaves on my lvl 55 account like i used to.....

Samhayne
08-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Ya...I just got owned in a rather severe sort of fashion down there too. I know I'm rusty, but not that rusty. Plus, I was just in there this morning. Brutal. Please fix...it's hard enough to level normally. :p

Is this in part because you're not able to equip your dual spec gear currently?

Tsarra
08-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Is this in part because you're not able to equip your dual spec gear currently?

Nope...Tsarra is and always will be a pure Int Mage. In full shadows. :) The mobs are hitting like Evander Holyfield now.

Vintage Jedi
08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
I can't be the only one that's noticed that since after the recent update all enemies do like twice the damage. Was this planned or am I imaging things? A lot of people are complaining tho :eek:

Samhayne
08-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Nope...Tsarra is and always will be a pure Int Mage. In full shadows. :) The mobs are hitting like Evander Holyfield now.

Where specifically are you adventuring that's increased in difficulty?

Tsarra
08-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Ya...I haven't been beaten up like that ever in PL. it was pretty awful.

Tsarra
08-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Where specifically are you adventuring that's increased in difficulty?

It was Balefort Sewers 1...I roll through there for trash xp and whatnot, and I can usually get around the first couple pairs of corners and even take out that miniboss there solo with no difficulties. I was executed on the very first corner right after the grate two or three times today right after the patch. I'm at work so I admittedly can't test it as I'd like to.

Vintage Jedi
08-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Where specifically in my adventuring is the difficulty increased? Have u jumped in and tested it yet? It's everywhere.

Tsarra
08-25-2011, 05:16 PM
I can't be the only one that's noticed that since after the recent update all enemies do like twice the damage. Was this planned or am I imaging things? A lot of people are complaining tho :eek:

I saw the compaining, and I asked about it. That's what they told me. Then we beat up on the sign in Balefort Sewers Towne for about 3 minutes. :p

Tsarra
08-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Just went back in for some more. Only damage appears to be different...the mobs all have the same hp they did, but they hit about twice as hard. I watched a whole party get one shotted in BS1 just now.

protectorofnoobs
08-25-2011, 05:28 PM
here are some things i noticed:
1. damage that enemies deal to you has doubled or tripled
2. the health of all enemies is displayed
3. the yellow line to the enemy is actually doing same thing in townes i suddenly do auto on npcs

also seems to be lagging a lot lot more

i also cant equip dex items on my mage even though i got the stats

Lionbeast
08-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Uh, so does that mean no more dual spec? Without it shouldnt there be like a 2 week free respec as alot of people have respeced for dual specs or a dual spec fix to use again.... and also for some reason at fridge the boss 1 hit ko everyone lv55 when he usually like 6 hit ko. along with the random auto attacking allowed in towns....

Samhayne
08-25-2011, 05:35 PM
here are some things i noticed:
1. damage that enemies deal to you has doubled or tripled
2. the health of all enemies is displayed
3. the yellow line to the enemy is actually doing same thing in townes i suddenly do auto on npcs

also seems to be lagging a lot lot more

i also cant equip dex items on my mage even though i got the stats

1. damage is because armor isn't working properly. Fix is being pushed shortly.
2. thanks for the bug report, being looked into.
3. thanks for the bug report, being looked into.

Boosting of stats to equip items got borked. It's being looked into.

protectorofnoobs
08-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Uh, so does that mean no more dual spec? Without it shouldnt there be like a 2 week free respec as alot of people have respeced for dual specs or a dual spec fix to use again.... and also for some reason at fridge the boss 1 hit ko everyone lv55 when he usually like 6 hit ko. along with the random auto attacking allowed in towns....

whoa whoa whoa dont get too carried away
i think dual is still going to be allowed or else my twinks are gonna be messed up

Tsarra
08-25-2011, 05:39 PM
1. damage is because armor isn't working properly. Fix is being pushed shortly.
2. thanks for the bug report, being looked into.
3. thanks for the bug report, being looked into.

Boosting of stats to equip items got borked. It's being looked into.

;) Thanks! I knew I wasn't THAT rusty.

Vintage Jedi
08-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeh thanks for the info about the armor not working properly, I was holding my breath there for awhile :b I do like the intro when u start quests or enter towns :D

Swimmingstar
08-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Sand stone cave also harder havent tested others except sewers and shadow caves
I think shadow caves is normal but idk for sure and shadow cave towne is bigger

protectorofnoobs
08-25-2011, 06:02 PM
hope the fixes come soon :sulkiness: lol

Tsarra
08-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Sand stone cave also harder havent tested others except sewers and shadow caves
I think shadow caves is normal but idk for sure and shadow cave towne is bigger

Hard to tell in Shadow Caves...the mobs in there act like you're fighting them naked all the time. :p

WishUWereHere
08-25-2011, 06:16 PM
my quests went from 190/190 to 197/232 ^_^

Hoodwink
08-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi! I love star legends and pocket legends. Recently this update seems to now set my phone in a constant circle. I have downloaded and updated pocket legends about 4 times now and it keeps prompting me to download the new version. Please help!! I use droidx

brian_spence_ni
08-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Can't wait for 1.7.3 to be fixed. Haven't gone this long without pl in weeks:disturbed:

AdinoEznite
08-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi! I love star legends and pocket legends. Recently this update seems to now set my phone in a constant circle. I have downloaded and updated pocket legends about 4 times now and it keeps prompting me to download the new version. Please help!! I use droidx

if you actually read this thread you would have seen the answer to this questions 3 times now

the android market doesnt have the update yet, choose the middle option (DL from pocket legends website) and everything should work fine
altho PL is really buggy atm so dont worry

PClisty
08-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Patch fix asap please, game unplayable.

1. Right shoulder button does not scroll spell menu. Left works fine
2. Wont save set up.
3. Will only show 2 sets of spells when u scroll, although i have mapped them again and again

Apostar
08-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Yay! Need to get busy popping Apo to 56

PClisty
08-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Buttons on xperia play are all muddled up. Please fix..............

Serephan
08-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Problems with the equip, i cant wear nothing, i have suficient int and str and cant wear my equip :/

Elf-Orc-Naga
08-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Problems with the equip, i cant wear nothing, i have suficient int and str and cant wear my equip :/

Yah me too. The non-type items are unwearable unless its plat bought item. My pally can wear str plat item but not blacksmith str armor etc. All my chars are dual and i have more than 10 descent chars where i spent more than 1500 plat too for dungeons weps and elixirs. Please help.

Elf-Orc-Naga
08-25-2011, 11:45 PM
On the positive side, i like the additional graphics when you enter town. Good job devs!
Looking forward for more

Flickz
08-26-2011, 12:03 AM
On the positive side, i like the additional graphics when you enter town. Good job devs!
Looking forward for more Right i agree with you why make so many complaints when you can show some thanks and report the bugs and your problems elsewhere, thanks guys

Riccits
08-26-2011, 01:10 AM
my quests went from 190/190 to 197/232 ^_^

same here! in FH are 56 quests now...?? cant be...

intalot
08-26-2011, 01:39 AM
If new LV cap comes will they move Crown of persistance to new LV or stay at LV56? I need the 3rd crown(Str crown for my dex/str mage to swap equipments easily)

brownchickenbrowncow
08-26-2011, 03:11 AM

I can equip all my items except for Helm. LVL is fine its not picking up my STR. I qualify but it will not allow me to equip. Thanks. Great Job. Game is fun.

Elf-Orc-Naga
08-26-2011, 03:50 AM

I can equip all my items except for Helm. LVL is fine its not picking up my STR. I qualify but it will not allow me to equip. Thanks. Great Job. Game is fun.

I know youre right. Only dual players can understand this problem so please help on this. Dev any reply? Pls keep your communication :) do you really change standard on equipping items? I use low level items get enough int str dex stat points so to equip higher level ; now i cant :(

Navygreen
08-26-2011, 06:19 AM
Stupid update, Guys just ruined the game I'm gone for good

Stupid comment, man. Sorry but give me a break. Gone for good? Lol..

Have you seen what they managed to FIX literally within hours of releasing this major update? Lol..take it easy.

Right i agree with you why make so many complaints when you can show some thanks and report the bugs and your problems elsewhere, thanks guys

Exactly :)

kinawarrior
08-26-2011, 07:48 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but chests show up as a red arrow on the map, same as enemies do, makes for a confusing run

Ayameko
08-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Looking forward for more

This is the first time I've registered just to post regarding this patch, although I've been a long time player ands reader of these forums,

I have to disagree with all of the new animations. It's novel the first time or two, but having to watch the animation every single time I change zones is tedious. Also not fun dying as I enter a zone and unable to do anything or catch up with my group while the animation plays.

The beauty of Pocket Legends was it's easy to jump into and fast paced gameplay. While it does look nice, this slows everything down and ruins the gameplay experience. Please give us the option to disable this.

The continue button is also a pain. Why change what worked so well? So many people are "accidentally" joining groups and piling up in zones, that it's hard to get a normal stable group going now. Will have to resort to locked games only unless this is changed.

stevieoopsie
08-26-2011, 03:24 PM
One problem with dual spec still:

The Imhotep eye of Thoth I use to dual spec on my Mage is still unusable. It requires 138 int and I still can't wear it even boosted up to 166 int. Please fix it thanks.

Caliwolfgang
08-31-2011, 12:57 AM
Can we add an automatic status response so that when we get invited to join and we are busy at that moment, they get a message that says something like "Sorry I'm busy at the moment." ? Numerous times, I get invited to join but I'm in the middle of a fight and have no time to quickly respond and decline invitation. A color status might work as well.... red for "busy and is declining invitations", green for "open to any invitations" and yellow for "away at the moment". =)