PDA

View Full Version : Level 1 stash access

Gluttony
08-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Since the new Forest Haven revamp a newly created toon can access the stash in FH via Amira without any prerequisite what-so-ever. Meaning one can create a new character, enter Forest Haven, run straight to Amira, stash 12 health/mana pots, rinse, repeat. Many think that this new addition seems to be a bug or oversight by the STS crew since there used to be a measure taken to prevent this by making it so a toon needed to be level 4 or complete a few of the beginning quests before having access to the stash. Darada (the stash NPC in Balefort) will not let a level 1 use stash no matter how many quests they have completed, which is similar to the consignment shop, a level 1 cannot place items in CS... period.

I understand that STS is busy and sorry for bring this up now (I was pushed a bit), but it should be looked at is all I'm saying. I know that exploits are double-edged swords and my pointing this out just makes others aware of it and the potential for abuse begins, but this seems the most efficient way to address the issue.

Edit: Fixed with patch 1.7.3 content update (67726) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34800-1.7.3-Content-Update-(67726))

Once again, the stash in Forest Haven requires a level 4 character to use.

StompArtist
08-25-2011, 03:44 PM
This sounds like a bug. Stash is suppose to be closed until completion of a certain mission or level 4.

Doubletime
08-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah ... definately sounds like a bug that was overlooked. Too much potential for abuse for anyone willing to spend to time to get a lot of pots without doing anything in game. Hope it gets looked at and changed.

Cascade
08-25-2011, 03:55 PM
NEVER post exploits please! Email them to support(at)spacetimestudios.com

Gluttony
08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
NEVER post exploits please! Email them to support(at)spacetimestudios.com

Tried that Cascade, and after months it's still there. It's not that big of a deal imo since the time it takes is comparable to what one could do just farming for pots in any chapter. I was reluctant to post this because of people like you, but with a little push from some senior members and a GoA or two I went ahead and did it anyway. Thank you for your concern, I'll take it under advisement (but will probably do it again).

Apocolypze
08-27-2011, 10:28 AM
OK, well this thread wuz exploiting a bug that came with 1.7.3, which allowed stash use without pre reqs, but before, you could be lvl 1 and stash by doing the first Forest Haven quests. When you fixed it, you made the requirements lvl 4, which makes no sense at all when you could have made it back to the way it was before, rather then changing it completely for the worse. The way before worked very well, people didn't try getting potions that way because it took time, and everyone was happy with it. I think that you should switch it back to the Lil Smith Jr. stash requirement quest, because no one was doing this potion stashing thing BEFORE 1.7.3.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-27-2011, 10:34 AM
No need to do that when i already max the pots anyway plus it would take to much time anyway.