PDA

View Full Version : About the Appearance of the Game

Kaziscate
07-04-2016, 02:10 AM
Now I'm not sure if it's just me,but it just feels like the enviroments that get released just seem to get duller and duller in colors. I feel like this whole dull and dark colors thing started with the Shuyal expansion and in my oppinion, the darker shade of colors worked well for the levels introduced,for example, Undim Field's darkness. Though when the most recent expansion was released, the levels just seemed and felt so dull and dark and like I understand that it's underground and all and I know that I will sound very nitpicky when I say this but, couldn't there be more brighter colors like have lamps and candles kind of spread out throughout the level at least, or have nice little campfires? Arcane Legends started out with bright and beautiful colors and the characters also share this trait of having these kind of colors too. I just feel like the enviroments and enemies these characters fight through wouldn't really fit in as well. I mean I know that these could be some kind of symbolism behind these colors and all that, but it just doesn't seem and feel right for dull colors to fit in in my oppinion.

Another example of this whole bright colors is better than dull colors thing is Dovabear. Dovabear looked very awesome (and adorable) with his bright-colored look. Then, there was an update that updated the appearance of Dovabear that made him look more relisic and made him look more like a brown or black bear that just got done taking a shower in the water. This made Dovabear look duller and uglier and there was then another update that reverted Dovabear back to his old adorable bright colored look.

I just hope that Spacetime continues to stay with the bright colors. Now I may have sounded like there should be absolutely no dark colors,but I think there should be a perfect mix of dark and bright colors,but have a bit more bright colors than dark colors to to keep the game looking beautiful and refreshing.

One more thing, can we please have more color variety for future expansion levels? I feel like im fighting inside a giant hollow freakin grape when I fight the Cryostar and the Cryostar is the seed that people spit out.

SacredKnight
07-04-2016, 04:19 PM
For me I just feel like the armour sets and weapons are getting progressively less interesting. I mean let's look at level 26/31/36 Mythic armour and level 41 Imbued sets, then let's compare that to Glinstone armour and the other set armours that have come out. The difference in appearance is phenomenal, the latest sets just don't quite seem to look like high tier armour. They could probably pass as low tier legendaries if they came out a couple expansions ago.

The weapons seem to have a bit of a dive too, compare the latest Arcane weapons to the level 26/31/36 versions. Visually speaking they just don't even reach the same level as Hooks, Maul and Lollipop (Which is the best looking Arcane wep, it's the worst one but it's the best looking lol).

I mean no offense to the design teams it's just I feel like there seems to be a drop in the detail and quality of items, and don't get me started on the potato >.<

Kaziscate
07-05-2016, 02:11 AM
For me I just feel like the armour sets and weapons are getting progressively less interesting. I mean let's look at level 26/31/36 Mythic armour and level 41 Imbued sets, then let's compare that to Glinstone armour and the other set armours that have come out. The difference in appearance is phenomenal, the latest sets just don't quite seem to look like high tier armour. They could probably pass as low tier legendaries if they came out a couple expansions ago.

The weapons seem to have a bit of a dive too, compare the latest Arcane weapons to the level 26/31/36 versions. Visually speaking they just don't even reach the same level as Hooks, Maul and Lollipop (Which is the best looking Arcane wep, it's the worst one but it's the best looking lol).

I mean no offense to the design teams it's just I feel like there seems to be a drop in the detail and quality of items, and don't get me started on the potato >.<

Not to mention that the new arcane weapons look more like weapon vanities or legendaries. :)