PDA

View Full Version : Newest patch

Apocolypze
08-25-2011, 07:07 PM
I see that in the newest patch u cant stash on lvl 1s anymore? big problem :| . A lot of people including me have multiple vanities and items stashed on our lvl 1s, and it seems the only way to get them back is to lvl our lvl 1 TWINKS to 4. This is something i do not want to do because I enjoy my lvl 1.

Samhayne
08-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Level them to 5, stash the items, delete the level 5 and remake your level 1? It's not that hard to get to 5.

The issue with the stash is to prevent an exploit. It was like this before - not sure when it got set so you could be level 1, but it's supposed to be level 5 for the stash.

Arterra
08-25-2011, 07:16 PM
emmmm.... what about our pve twinks, or kill farmer lv1s?

Apocolypze
08-25-2011, 07:17 PM
emmmm.... what about our pve twinks, or kill farmer lv1s?
Yea i guess were completely screwed :|

Samhayne
08-25-2011, 07:25 PM
No point in kill farmers anymore, as characters with xp turned off no longer gain kill stats. We want the leaderboards to mean something beyond who can farm the most with xp turned off.

Arterra
08-25-2011, 07:30 PM
well, i guess that is a good cause. any resets planned?

AdinoEznite
08-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Level them to 5, stash the items, delete the level 5 and remake your level 1? It's not that hard to get to 5.

The issue with the stash is to prevent an exploit. It was like this before - not sure when it got set so you could be level 1, but it's supposed to be level 5 for the stash.
the problem is there was actually a guild of people who were farming and pvping at lvl 1 but now cant exchange anything with their other characters now
what exploit was the problem?

Apocolypze
08-25-2011, 07:36 PM
And btw wut is the point of these lvl 1 green new premium items if we cant re use the lvl 1 ones on anyone below lvl 5. Might as well just buy the lvl 5 pack and be done with it.

Matutd
08-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Trade the items to a trusted friend and get them to trade them back to u on ur lvl 1 twink, or are they untradable items?

---
- Conradin for GoA

Apocolypze
08-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Trade the items to a trusted friend and get them to trade them back to u on ur lvl 1 twink, or are they untradable items?

---
- Conradin for GoA
Untradeable

PandaPower
08-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Even if he levels to 5 he would have to rmk the one and go to the stash for the items back... Oh yeah wait, we can't because we have to be level five. I don't mind the xp stoped = no kills going towards leader boards... But why the stash...

Apocolypze
08-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Even if he levels to 5 he would have to rmk the one and go to the stash for the items back... Oh yeah wait, we can't because we have to be level five. I don't mind the xp stoped = no kills going towards leader boards... But why the stash...
^^^

Samhayne
08-25-2011, 07:48 PM
I was explaining how you could get the items off your level 1 twink. If you want your level 1 twink to keep them, then by all means keep them.

Apocolypze
08-25-2011, 07:55 PM
I was explaining how you could get the items off your level 1 twink. If you want your level 1 twink to keep them, then by all means keep them.
Wut he mean by going to stash to get back is like my lvl 1 axe, shield, and WARBRINGER armor

Gluttony
08-25-2011, 07:56 PM

As I understand it, if a player had a level 1 with items in stash next time they log in they won't have access to them. Some of these items may have been purchased with plat and are now basically useless since a level 1 toon will never be able to unstash them. It's just a sad situation for some is all, I don't think the issue has anything to do with how to get the items "off" but rather on.

Apocolypze
08-25-2011, 08:22 PM
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n604/ap0c0lypze/9f2aec31.jpg
Y would i want to delete this ^^ (Hint on 50 plat non stashable Hardlight shield)
I just want to be able to get some of my items off of this character because i have 50+ vanities on him

Gluttony
08-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Why is access to stash blocked for all toons below level 4? The original fix was to complete a few quests and access would be granted, but my level 1 has all FH quests completed and is still denied entry. There should be a way for level one toons to transfer things back and forth between other toons, please make a work around for this.

AdinoEznite
08-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Why is access to stash blocked for all toons below level 4? The original fix was to complete a few quests and access would be granted, but my level 1 has all FH quests completed and is still denied entry. There should be a way for level one toons to transfer things back and forth between other toons, please make a work around for this.
agreed

Sun
08-25-2011, 11:20 PM
What kind of game breaking exploit was going on with level one's using the stash? I'm in the same position as Apocolypze, I have a level one twink with a few thousand pve kills that I would never delete. I'm not willing to just toss away something I put so much effort into, and spent so much plat on. Especially now that xp locked characters cant get pve kills, my level one is a relic of the past. But now he's stuck with several vanity items and things I would like to use on other characters that I can't put in my stash.

Something I really liked about PL was that it could be played in many different ways and still be perfectly enjoyable. There was no "right" or "wrong" way to play the game. Some people prefer to race to the level cap and farm for high level pinks, some level up casually with friends, and others, like myself, enjoy pvp and farming on very low leveled characters. It was great that STS released new high level content as well as things low levels could make use of, like vanities and new armor sets. I can understand if there was an exploit with level 1's using the stash, whatever it was, STS is right to fix it, but fixing it like they've done in the last patch really negatively impacts an honest group of players that enjoyed playing level 1 twinks. I hope you'll reconsider, and find another solution that doesn't destroy a niche part of your game.

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the well thought out and constructive reply, Sun.

Sun
08-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the well thought out and constructive reply, Sun.

Sure..can we expect any kind of change regarding this issue in the future?

Also, I'm not sure what your logic is in making characters with XP disabled unable to get PvE kills. All this really does is immortalize the people currently on the leaderboards, most of whom got there by farming with an XP disabled character. I'm pretty bummed about this change because farming PvE kills is fun when there's no PvP going on. Getting on the leaderboards was never my intention, just accomplishing personal goals on my own time. The only leaderboard this really effected was the PvE K/D leaderboard, right? If your goal was to stop players from locking exp and farming up there kills with no risks, then removing the pve kd leaderboard would be the best solution, albeit very unlikely to happen. There's a relatively equal opportunity to get on every other leaderboard, as far as I know, regardless of whether you have XP enabled or not.

In all honesty what bothers me the most is that my PvE kills are currently something like 15164. And the OCD side of me really wants it to be a round number but I can't do that without getting exp, lol.