PDA

View Full Version : Everyone deserves a second chance......

CeasiBear
08-26-2011, 03:41 AM
Hey guys, I haven't been posting for a while and I just really want to discuss about getting a second chance, I disagree with the rule of banning a certain player "forever" :/ Atleast put time limits for banning, ok I understand a hacker trying to take over a game will be banned permanently. Just otherwise people deserve a second chance. This is all I need to say,I think it's quite unfair for banned players to be banned forever.

3xK
08-26-2011, 03:48 AM
If they are banned permanently they deserved it. But STS should sent a warning or two first, before permanent ban.

Zaltiar
08-26-2011, 04:01 AM
I'm sure they sent warnings before hand. And plus, it would be their fault for not reading the rules.
...and I know, nobody reads the rules haha, but its common sense to not be a tard and e.g. spam/curse/bad mouth in game.
Other people ig would have warned them as well. If they don't stop, they're just trying to get banned.
Maybe, if they were to write back to STS, that they realized their actions were wrong and why, STS should consider un-banning them.
but meh, highly unlikely :)

I.e) yesterday during the new update, Sam was in Muck Hovel, and there was one particular guy constantly begging for money.
everyone told him it was frowned upon, but he didnt stop. then even Sam got a tad annoyed and told him it was annoying others.
lolololol. and guess what. he kept on begging. even though people explained to him he was a dev. hope sam brought his ban hammer down on him.

Ellyidol
08-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Sorry, but once a permanent ban is given, I believe it should stick.

An instant permanent ban is justified by the gravity of the offense. Stuff like RMT, trading of accounts, trying to hack or exploit the game, etc, is not worthy of a second chance, IMO.

Small stuff like cursing, inappropriate language, etc, would usually give a temporary ban first. One or two temporary bans seems more than enough though, if they don't get the message then no use having them in the game.

If you do feel like you deserve a second chance though, you could always drop them an email in support ;)

3xK
08-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Nope, zaltiar. They don't give any warning before permanent.

Kakatoa91
08-26-2011, 05:10 AM

An instant permanent ban is justified by the gravity of the offense. Stuff like RMT, trading of accounts, trying to hack or exploit the game, etc, is not worthy of a second chance, IMO.

Small stuff like cursing, inappropriate language, etc, would usually give a temporary ban first. One or two temporary bans seems more than enough though, if they don't get the message then no use having them in the game.

If you do feel like you deserve a second chance though, you could always drop them an email in support ;)

Yep. Agreed.

Anyway, its the account and device that are banned.
If the player is still not able to have a 2nd chance and really want to play back, hes only possibilty is to create a new account on a new device and stick to respectfull play.

Navygreen
08-26-2011, 06:02 AM

I agree.. I mean, who gets perma banned without a good reason. As nice as the devs are here, I don't see them just picking random ppl and permanently banning them.. No, not everyone deserves a second chance. That's just nonsense.

If you're concerned though, you should try to contact support and speak to them about it. This probably won't help posting about it here and may even make it worse. I dont think they like discussing banning here..

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 10:39 AM
We are committed to upholding our Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?11694-Pocket-Legends-Terms-of-Service as well as keeping Pocket Legends a fun, friendly place to play. If you break our rules you can and will be banned. Bans are always a private matter between the account holder and us. We're always happy to discuss bans via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol).