PDA

View Full Version : Dual Spec'ing and List of Issues We're Working On

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 11:21 AM
We want to update everyone with what we're working on following yesterday's update of the game client to version 1.7.3.

Dual Spec'ing

We will be making Respec's free for at least the next weekend so that players can experiment with their builds.
Items level 45 and up will have their statistic requirements reduced so that equipment you used to be able to stat boost and equip will be equip-able without stat boosting.
In a future client update we will be making the User Interface display your base stats so that you will know which items you can equip and which you cannot.
Base stats will continue to be used to determine if you can equip an item or not.
Dual spec'ing is alive and well! We encourage you to use the above free respecs to refine your build for maximum PWNAGE!
The changes to items and free respecs will go out with the next game update.

Bugs we have fixed that will go out with the next update

Registration issue with iOS client
Skill points auto assign not correctly turning off when turned off. Make it turn off!
You can buy a Platinum Respawn in PvP Maps.
Invisible Rock in Oasis of Doom
Vanity shields display with some 2 handed weapons equipped

Bugs we are looking into

Problems with the Burning Barrels in Croc Swamps
Xperia PLAY control scheme

If you have experienced a problem or bug other than the above list, PLEASE LET US KNOW! Thanks everyone for your support and patience while we've ironed out these issues.

goatycoady
08-26-2011, 11:26 AM
thx! i was scared about the dual spec'ing bug

Ellyidol
08-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Does this mean stat boosting is no longer needed? So end-game set to end-game set through loadouts?

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Does this mean stat boosting is no longer needed? So end-game set to end-game set through loadouts?

Correct!

Ellyidol
08-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Correct!

Holy moly.. Thanks! This would be a really interesting change :)

xantor
08-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Correct! will it stay this way in update or just for now?...I see it also says made stats will continue to determine if item can be equipped or not so that's why I'm a bit confused. Thanks

modredd
08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
My armor on my 56 mage seems a lot weaker as the enemies seem harder to kill?

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 12:02 PM
will it stay this way in update or just for now?...I see it also says made stats will continue to determine if item can be equipped or not so that's why I'm a bit confused. Thanks

Base stats will continue to be what determines if you can equip an item.

Magepanda
08-26-2011, 12:03 PM
What does this mean for lower lvl dual specs. e.g. my 35 str dex bear?

superrolltop
08-26-2011, 12:08 PM
no stash access in FH on my level 1, no more kills when xp disabled.

xantor
08-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Base stats will continue to be what determines if you can equip an item. I'm so confused .....does this mean in update next dual spec will be gone?

stank
08-26-2011, 12:19 PM
So this means ill still be able to use my enchanted set and switch to my custom or raid set? Any idea on when this dual spec update will take place? Thanks sam

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm so confused .....does this mean in update next dual spec will be gone?

Xantor,

Dual spec'ing will still be there. For example, you can go full STR for the stat bonuses, or split STR / DEX. You just can't boost your stats to equip items that have higher stat requirements to equip.

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 12:20 PM
So this means ill still be able to use my enchanted set and switch to my custom or raid set? Any idea on when this dual spec update will take place? Thanks sam

Later today - the team is going over the update for final tweaks and fixes.

xantor
08-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Xantor,

Dual spec'ing will still be there. For example, you can go full STR for the stat bonuses, or split STR / DEX. You just can't boost your stats to equip items that have higher stat requirements to equip.
Ty for clearing this up for me Sam. :)

AdinoEznite
08-26-2011, 12:25 PM
you said items lvl 45 and up will have their stat reqs reduced...

but what about boosting at lower lvls say dual specing at lvl 10? a gingerbread req i think 32 str does that mean we have to have 32 str BEFORE we equip? giving us a total of like 37 str after?

stank
08-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Ok im not sure if im fully understanding. So if i split dex and int into 142/142 i wont b able to dual spec with custom and enchanted sets. Or are you saying ur gonna lower the stat requirements for all sets including lvl 55 sets. Or am i just a tard and worring for nothing

Technique
08-26-2011, 12:47 PM
I got another question, I already spent platinum to respec. Will I get a refund? Or did I mess up and respec to early

Marrypoppins
08-26-2011, 12:48 PM
I liked it the way it was myself and don't see any need to change it but..... :)

JaytB
08-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Cool! That sound great! Looks like dual speccing will become really interesting this way. Can't wait to start experimenting with builds :D

NYCFanMan
08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
What's dual spec'ing

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Ok im not sure if im fully understanding. So if i split dex and int into 142/142 i wont b able to dual spec with custom and enchanted sets. Or are you saying ur gonna lower the stat requirements for all sets including lvl 55 sets. Or am i just a tard and worring for nothing

Yes, they'll be lowered.

Pandamoni
08-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Is this the right place to let you know of little bugs? I notice that when I'm in a town with someone, when I look at my friend's list, I can't tell that they're in my town. Before, when I was in town with someone I couldn't hit, "join", because I was already in town with them. Now you can still hit join and can't tell if they're in town with you. I also have the option to "join" friends when they're on the start page. You know when you first log in and aren't in a town or dungeon yet? I'm given the option to join friends when they're there, which is also weird and glitchy.

stank
08-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks alot. Looking forward to it

KTpantyhose
08-26-2011, 01:18 PM
ok.. i know lame.. but I'm still a noob when it comes to the gaming lingo. what are respec's and what do they do. etc. i just want to clarify some things i think you're talking about. lol

Natcaviq
08-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Xantor,

What exactly do you mean stat bonuses? Is that for example, a mage that is all intelligence? What kind of stat bonuses?

Thank you!

BirdJay
08-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Ok I just tried to dual spec and it still doesn't work for me. Also I respected my stats and it was not free like stated wasted 6 plat on this just now.

xantor
08-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Ok I just tried to dual spec and it still doesn't work for me. Also I respected my stats and it was not free like stated wasted 6 plat on this just now. the patch is not out yet...Sam says it will be later today

thedream
08-26-2011, 01:37 PM
it says it on the news thing that its free but i try to respec it asks for 2 plat??

Aradraca
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Just bought 2 respecs shouldve read this before lol.

Suntv
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Well thank you for the insight on what you are planning to do Sam, I appreciate this! It will be interestong to see if hybrid is still possible in ways I have/had it though. Patiently waiting...

On a sidenote... devs change rules on stats; put it to production without explanation; players can't play and guess it's a bug; then devs say they will look into it (while already knowing what the answer is); players trust devs and hope for a restore; then "sudenly" devs remember what it was all about; now players are anxious to test a whole new approach to the game... That sounds like a planned change and then see if players oppose. If few oppose, no one notices. But now half of the community is upset, things change again. Reminds me of the introduction of skill reload times. Not saying these are facts, they are not, but this situation just gives me the conspiracy feeling :cool:

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 01:49 PM
New patch is up. Patch notes at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34878-1.7.3-Content-Update-%2867807%29

Suntv
08-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Yay! It works again! Now it's time for us to check the details :cool:

Update: dual spec or hybrid has become much easier. Basicly you can combine anything with everything. On one hand players will be happy, but I think a lot of puzzling and tweaking is no longer involved.

Elixir_Withdrawal
08-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Wow....you guys killed every little bit of fun that was left for me in this game. I am lvl 40 war bird and now im FORCED to just equip lvl 33 items? Maybe im miss-understanding the patch, but i still cant equip anything around my lvl....So is this another present for just high levels?

superrolltop
08-26-2011, 05:49 PM
this is your solution....decrease requirements on levels 45 and up? u not realize that theres other levels people dual spec, or do you not care. its nice to know that all those level 10 items i bought with plat are completely useless now. why is it that every company that makes the change from smalltime to mainstream ends up sticking it to their customers that got them to where they are?

rather than appreciate your customers, ur now abusing. good job STS....u have a very bright future.

Ellyidol
08-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Dual Spec Guide (60/61):

Put the gear on, save to your loadouts. Done!

Suntv
08-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Dual Spec Guide (60/61):

Put the gear on, save to your loadouts. Done!

Couldn't say it clearer.

I always saw dual spec and especially hybrid as a huge puzzle of "how do I make combinations of stuff that's probably not designed to work together". Like finding the limits of the law. Right now every sheep can do it, so one phun factor less. Maybe if requirements on lv 57, 59 and 60 items rise exponentionally there's still tweaking ahead.

Ellyidol
08-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Couldn't say it clearer.

I always saw dual spec and especially hybrid as a huge puzzle of "how do I make combinations of stuff that's probably not designed to work together". Like finding the limits of the law. Right now every sheep can do it, so one phun factor less. Maybe if requirements on lv 57, 59 and 60 items rise exponentionally there's still tweaking ahead.

Yup! This update generally incorporated dual spec-ing into PL. Previously, I saw it as a loadout/stat manipulation.

It's good, in a way. But yes, I can see it being less 'fun' due to less challenge to unique builds.

Still too early to decide though, maybe something new will be found :p

Riccits
08-27-2011, 10:23 AM
actually funny builds run around in PL, haha! interesting experiments in PVP. FUN! :D

Riccits
08-27-2011, 10:44 AM
We will be making Respec's free for at least the next weekend so that players can experiment with their builds.

could u announce the day plz? so we can all respec back... i think many are just experimenting and would be fine to know early enough when this fun over. ty!

mugen
08-27-2011, 03:17 PM
could u announce the day plz? so we can all respec back... i think many are just experimenting and would be fine to know early enough when this fun over. ty! i would like to know also i dont want to get stuck with a "just playin around stat build" again like i did around halloween when respecs were free!

protectorofnoobs
08-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Sam!!!!! Dev!!!!!!!!
Idc who it is BUT PLEASE RESPOND QUICKLY

so my issue is that i have 7 under-45 twinks (some are hybrid and dual)
and i need to know fast whether u guys are actually going to lower stats for lower lvl weapons (you dont actually have to change it now but give me a response)
bcuz i need to respec based on ur response
I do not want to waste 14 plat bcuz the stats were lowered or vice versa later on
(u guys should really lower the stats because the twink community is HUGE)
or ......... u guys could extend the freee respecs!!!!! :congratulatory:
(that is until u decide)

Ellyidol
08-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Sam!!!!! Dev!!!!!!!!
Idc who it is BUT PLEASE RESPOND QUICKLY

so my issue is that i have 7 under-45 twinks (some are hybrid and dual)
and i need to know fast whether u guys are actually going to lower stats for lower lvl weapons (you dont actually have to change it now but give me a response)
bcuz i need to respec based on ur response
I do not want to waste 14 plat bcuz the stats were lowered or vice versa later on
(u guys should really lower the stats because the twink community is HUGE)
or ......... u guys could extend the freee respecs!!!!! :congratulatory:
(that is until u decide)

They said they will be looking into the lower level stuff soon. I think they will adjust it, I just dont know when.

Rodders
08-30-2011, 09:35 PM
After update vyx helm lvl 50 won't equipt and I've got enough stat points on it any one else got this prob?

Ladyviviane
09-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Would u plz tell me when I can equip with 45 str lev items n few off my vanity items : Xmas , rose wand n bracer ... again ? M very disappointed now coz thought this bug already fixed but almost 2 weeks passed n m still waiting ...

Kingofhurtz
09-05-2011, 02:15 AM
After update vyx helm lvl 50 won't equipt and I've got enough stat points on it any one else got this prob?

Mine still requires the 152 strength?? I believe it is rather than the 120-something strength it now should require. I was just about to email the devs about this until I saw this thread.