PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.3 Content Update (67807)

asommers
08-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Reduced stat requirements to equip most high level gear.
Attribute and skill respecs are cost 0 Platinum this weekend!
You should be able to purchase Platinum from the Android Market (you'll need to restart the application after patching).
McCroc Stillfarm Quest: "Burnin' the Barrels" has been fixed.

Snakespeare
08-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Strange concept... to nerf boosters. Why would one wish to make FEWER character options? I don't get it.

CowboyJim
08-26-2011, 02:01 PM
second....next expecting announcement that PL next level has been submitted to Apple

StompArtist
08-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Sorry but may I ask why spend any time change gear at this time? This worked very well.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Hey do we get a redund if we had done earlier because the system was done it by it self so i had to disable it.

Kakatoa91
08-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Sam!

You guys forgot to update the "mystery quest gear"! Its still with high base stat needed, higher than sewer gear!

Rest of 55 gears can b use. Thx for the work.

AdinoEznite
08-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Reduced stat requirements to equip most high level gear.
Attribute and skill respecs are cost 0 Platinum this weekend!
You should be able to purchase Platinum from the Android Market (you'll need to restart the application after patching).
McCroc Stillfarm Quest: "Burnin' the Barrels" has been fixed.

will you guys consider lowering the stat reqs for lower lvl items? or bring back boosters?
still cant dual spec on my lvl 21...trying to use lvl 19 gear =[

XghostzX
08-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Interesting what has been done here. When you change your attributes for level 55 gear (120 into certain attribute required), you put in 120 str for example for fury. Then you put the rest in to intelligence still in example. You come out on your main avatar screen saying you have around 169 str attribute points. So i thought, why not take more points out of str for another attribute? I tried taking out one point from str, therefore thinking i would have 168 str, but you really have 119 str: therefore equipping str gear is not possible from there.

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 02:21 PM
will you guys consider lowering the stat reqs for lower lvl items? or bring back boosters?
still cant dual spec on my lvl 21...trying to use lvl 19 gear =[

Bringing boosters back needs a new client change, which is weeks away if we were to do that :( We're looking at doing the rest of the items for lower levels.

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Interesting what has been done here. When you change your attributes for level 55 gear (120 into certain attribute required), you put in 120 str for example for fury. Then you put the rest in to intelligence still in example. You come out on your main avatar screen saying you have around 169 str attribute points. So i thought, why not take more points out of str for another attribute? I tried taking out one point from str, therefore thinking i would have 168 str, but you really have 119 str: therefore equipping str gear is not possible from there.

Yeah, you have to look at your base stats go in to your stat assignments - we'll change that to add a display of your base and your boosted stats, but it needs a new client which is weeks away.

Snakespeare
08-26-2011, 02:23 PM
It took about seven steps for me to do it... in the past... but now my uber-epic level 15 DUAL-SPEC with a million gold worth of twinkery is unable to equip. OK, I exagerate. It was maybe six steps. Guess I'll respec, but I already had a level 15 single-class, so why did I want another, except that it was a very rare dooly?

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Strange concept... to nerf boosters. Why would one wish to make FEWER character options? I don't get it.

It was an unintended change from bringing over features from Star Legends (Guilds code, for example). There are no boosters in Star Legends. We didn't plan it that way, but we're trying to make the best of it now. Rolling it back isn't a great option, because a new client would be weeks away and we need to do something now.

PandaPower
08-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Shame about my level 12 mage pvp twink... See I dual int and dex, now I can't equip. Another deleted char.. ( along with my lvl one twink xD.)

KingFu
08-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Meh...
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/741cfca2.jpg

Lionbeast
08-26-2011, 03:13 PM
does this mean there will be no dual spec for lv44 and down and only for lv55-56? Or will there be an update that will allow all levels to dual spec later on.

CrimsonTider
08-26-2011, 03:15 PM
It was an unintended change from bringing over features from Star Legends (Guilds code, for example). There are no boosters in Star Legends. We didn't plan it that way, but we're trying to make the best of it now. Rolling it back isn't a great option, because a new client would be weeks away and we need to do something now.

We will adapt Sam. Thanks for the rush fix!

CrimsonTider
08-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Meh...

Ur bear?

KingFu
08-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Ur bear?

Yurp

Elixir_Withdrawal
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Aww cmon! im lvl 40 "war bird" and i can only equip lvl 33 crap...Cant everything just go back to normal? ever since the new update i seriously am not enjoying the game....Being forced to switch to pure DEX or STR sucks, even at the start of the game you guys say "is not all about one stat is a combination of all"....FIX IT! making pvp accounts also have lost their fun with this nerfing.

csb
08-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Ok, why does a level 50 Gaurdian's Armor of Hate have a level 115 Str requirement, but a level 40 Mynas Plate Mail of Thoth requires 127 Str?

Your changes actually helped me to dual spec to better items, but it is strange that items below level 45 have higher requirements than level 50 items.

Whirlzap
08-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Meh...
It's like when Lovenus did that 160 Crit trick.
-./ this is why dual spec need fix.

Coltona
08-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Lovenus posted it, it was a pic of Physiologic's stats.

And i say leave it!! Fix the lower items to match, but other than that...this is awesome!! BTW is it permanent?

elianel
08-26-2011, 04:35 PM
it was fun boosting i know but nothing good can be forever :sentimental::(

SamTheDog
08-26-2011, 05:03 PM
I understand SL has caused the change in PL. Can't be helped. What's to plan to fix things across the spectrum in PL? 'Cause it pretty much stinks for anyone trying to play a balanced hybrid or dual spec if they aren't playing end-game. If you are going to drop the stat req for end game equip, you oughta make it a blanket change and do it for the lower levels as well. For pures it doesn't matter because a stat that improves their skills lets them get the armor/weapons for their class. But my pally can't use her frozen hatchet without renaming lightning bolt to static cling. Why bother?

KingFu
08-26-2011, 05:08 PM

With that kind of trick I can get my armor to 218 and crit to 80 ish:p but the buffs don't last long...

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 05:11 PM
I understand SL has caused the change in PL. Can't be helped. What's to plan to fix things across the spectrum in PL? 'Cause it pretty much stinks for anyone trying to play a balanced hybrid or dual spec if they aren't playing end-game. If you are going to drop the stat req for end game equip, you oughta make it a blanket change and do it for the lower levels as well. For pures it doesn't matter because a stat that improves their skills lets them get the armor/weapons for their class. But my pally can't use her frozen hatchet without renaming lightning bolt to static cling. Why bother?

We want to evaluate the change of the high level stuff before we commit to changing thousands of more items. That's not to say that we won't - just that we want to make sure we're doing the best we can. We'll weigh in more early next week.

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Ok, why does a level 50 Gaurdian's Armor of Hate have a level 115 Str requirement, but a level 40 Mynas Plate Mail of Thoth requires 127 Str?

Your changes actually helped me to dual spec to better items, but it is strange that items below level 45 have higher requirements than level 50 items.

We only changed items for levels 45 and up. Lower level items will be looked at more next week.

Elixir_Withdrawal
08-26-2011, 05:14 PM

Yeah and like another person said, it makes no sense for a lvl 40 item to require 124+STR when lvl 50 death weapons need just 115...Im lvling up anyway but my goals were to just be lvl 50+ and make a few pvp accounts but now thats over. I hope its not permanent because its just boring now. Taking off stat stacking has caused more negative feed back than the reason why it even was in question. Just my thought but im one person right? who cares...

superrolltop
08-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Taking off stat stacking has caused more negative feed back than the reason why it even was in question.

quote of this thread!

destroy an entire niche/aspect of the game because a few people cried about the leaderboard....absolutely genius.

how much platinum ya'll make off the leaderboard anyway?

Windboot
08-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Sam, why u guys keep making player becomes weaker? I think its already pretty hard for us that even a max lvl player can't solo an elite boss in sewer. :/

Physiologic
08-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Sam, why u guys keep making player becomes weaker? I think its already pretty hard for us that even a max lvl player can't solo an elite boss in sewer. :/

The game is an MMORPG. The second letter stands for multiplayer :p

superrolltop
08-26-2011, 07:59 PM
so the name of a game genre dictates how we have to play the game?

sry all knowing one....i didn't realize that

Physiologic
08-26-2011, 08:10 PM
so the name of a game genre dictates how we have to play the game?

sry all knowing one....i didn't realize that

Yes.

superrolltop
08-26-2011, 08:46 PM
to your point, multiplayer doesn't necessarily mean u have to play together....now does it? pocket empires, a large MMO strategy game (notice the MM in there?) that u play by yourself OR in collusion with others....this is left up to the user. now ur contending that just because the genre is described as multiplayer that we must be forced to play with other players...really comrade? have u ever played with pugs?

so rather than have a game with a wider playability to appeal to broader base, its been decided to continually add limitations and restrict the possibilities why....because its called an MMORPG? great argument there....hope u can explain that a little better.

for instance....now level one twinking is dead because u had to apply some meaning to the leaderboard...which is already skewed and damage already done. so what did your little rant accomplish? it limits the number of kills one can obtain unless they go to end game. if kills for an endgame player counted in forest haven, u might have had a point. is the fact that a low level toon puts in the time to kill farm make those kills any less important than doing it in the sewers, where the relative strength of the mobs to toon strength is about the same? but the leaderboard is meaningful, even at the cost of ruining many players game experience.

sorry if i dont wanna deal with a buncha immature kids while im trying to enjoy the game....i prefer to play alone or with my wife. if playing with other players is mandatory, why have a boot button? judgin by some responses to the recent update, i know im not the only one who feels this way. the things i loved about this game have gone the way of the dinosaur, and as a result will only affect the revenue stream that consistently flows in from players like me who have the money to buy plat at will.

this is what happens when companies get too big for their britches....they make decisions based on revenue and profit margins rather than whats best for the game. but like any product that costs real money, if i dont like the product or the direction its going, i can relate my disapproval with my wallet. a buncha kids who play on mommies phone aint supporting the game at the rate players like me are.

SamTheDog
08-26-2011, 09:17 PM
We want to evaluate the change of the high level stuff before we commit to changing thousands of more items. That's not to say that we won't - just that we want to make sure we're doing the best we can. We'll weigh in more early next week.

I guess it makes sense to try it out on a smaller group of items. Will continue to muddle through until ot gets worked out. Bet you guys are wishing this had reared it's ugly head during testing.

Thanks for the response

Windboot
08-26-2011, 09:34 PM
I think multiplayer doesn't really mean you have to play with other players all the time. In some other MMO games, a max level player can solo an elite boss to farm for goodies. Its like, whats the point of the super hard grinding if you can't do anything with your max level? And now we have limitation for the dual spec, and you can't farm kills anymore. I max level everything, I wear the best equipment, so what to do now? I only play to check friends and to farm kills which I won't be able to do now.

Ellyidol
08-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Lol, twinking being prioritized over the end-game content or play style isn't right, IMO.

Sure, twinks are very badly affected by the change. But Sam just said that lower level items will be looked at soon.

Maybe it's time to change your mindsets, that dual spec-ing becomes more and more available as you get higher leveled.

Yes there should be less priority on the twinking aspect and population (not discrimination, just priority). The game was made to play through, twinking is just a clever way to experience the lower level content again, it's not what the game is about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against twinking - I have a few myself. It's when people expect the game to change and cater towards twinking when it's supposed to be twinking changing to the game.

Elf-Orc-Naga
08-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Thanks for that positive comments. I am a fan of twinking. I think this offers lots of variations that you can pvp on lower lvl. Its players choice. I have already 3 56 chars as what many players does then surprised that twinking is also fun. Spending almost all lvl 5 plat wep etc but now theyre useless... Btw, my proposal, can we rollback client for 1 day ? And let me wear my dual fightng gear? If players are just only aware of this issue first....

Elf-Orc-Naga
08-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Sorry but im not complaining i just want info. Are there changes in rings lvl requirement? I have around 10 rings lvl 10 :(

JaytB
08-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks for that positive comments. I am a fan of twinking. I think this offers lots of variations that you can pvp on lower lvl. Its players choice. I have already 3 56 chars as what many players does then surprised that twinking is also fun. Spending almost all lvl 5 plat wep etc but now theyre useless... Btw, my proposal, can we rollback client for 1 day ? And let me wear my dual fightng gear? If players are just only aware of this issue first....

I played your level 5 right? Anyway, although short, I agree that was loads of fun. I have loads of twinks, lv5 to 30, each 5 lvls apart. And although I'm not completely satisfied with what happened, I'm sure the devs will come up with a solution. In the mean time, it's not like twinking is dead or anything, it's just the dual spec aspect of it. Give it some time I'd say.

The way I see it, this opens a great time to experiment with the way things currently are. The valid arguments I read here about the definition of an MMO, made me think about this. Although I really like playing with friends, I also like to solo a lot. Now, we could probably make our chars stronger then ever, with mixing up gear. It might prove to be even more enjoyable. And instead of fixing it, it actually could be a breeze of fresh air in Alterra. More choices and possibilities to make your char stronger might imbalance things, but might make the game even more fun. I don't know, I guess I'm just trying to express my thoughts about the whole debacle :)

Snakespeare
08-27-2011, 02:08 AM
If you are watching the lower levels, my level 15 dual-spec is nerfed. No biggie. The elf, who has the blue face, a sapphire gem crown, blue robes, and a flaming fireblaster of mastery, was also able to dual over to pally and of course weilded the azure longblade. I called her... wait on it... Sapphireblade. Creative, huh? I'm respeccing to either pure int or 48 int and the rest dex. The gear swap was quiet tricky. I would do it more as a parlor stunt, preferring to be ranged with this awesome AoE staff. She was a giant killer, so being ranged was important.

davidis57
08-27-2011, 03:15 AM
To be honest if you love to solo this game really isn't for you. It was never meant to be a solo type game. I love to solo in some other games where you can. I used to solo in L2 all the time. This game takes cooperation besides its more fun that way.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

Elf-Orc-Naga
08-27-2011, 05:48 AM

I played your level 5 right? Anyway, although short, I agree that was loads of fun. I have loads of twinks, lv5 to 30, each 5 lvls apart. And although I'm not completely satisfied with what happened, I'm sure the devs will come up with a solution. In the mean time, it's not like twinking is dead or anything, it's just the dual spec aspect of it. Give it some time I'd say.

The way I see it, this opens a great time to experiment with the way things currently are. The valid arguments I read here about the definition of an MMO, made me think about this. Although I really like playing with friends, I also like to solo a lot. Now, we could probably make our chars stronger then ever, with mixing up gear. It might prove to be even more enjoyable. And instead of fixing it, it actually could be a breeze of fresh air in Alterra. More choices and possibilities to make your char stronger might imbalance things, but might make the game even more fun. I don't know, I guess I'm just trying to express my thoughts about the whole debacle :)

Thanks ikungfu. Maybe its just my first disappointing reaction like the gcd before. I love the devs. Without them were not having fun here. Omg charm points pls lol. Math is more easy now when equipping items :) i was planning to choose what type will my lv 5 and other twinks. (btw i have twinks up to 45 multiple of 5 :) but then my lvl 5 cant use blacksmith str lvl 5 armor :( i love the smoke coming from it and the armor stat hehe :) hope theyll decrease the stat for lvl 5 pink armor too :)
Cya around!

Elf-Orc-Naga
08-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Let me just post an appreciation again. Thank for this change and update. Just realized this is another fun to play PL. Now its easy math to equip things and use dual wand-shield for my main chars :) ty xoxoxox just bought 800 plat again thanks dev :) might visit forum again when new version come up. Cya all PL lovers!

lilgangster
08-27-2011, 08:49 PM
how is it tht custom is 120 yet mystery armor is 157?

brian_spence_ni
08-28-2011, 12:03 PM
They're fixing the mystery bug in the next update