PDA

View Full Version : Dual Spec'ing - The Recap

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Short version:

Boosting stats to equip items no longer works. Items level 45 and up have had their stat requirements reduced to compensate. You can see what your base stats are by going into the interface to apply your stats:

We plan to change the client in the future to display your base stats when equipping items so it is easy to tell what you can and cannot equip.

We have set the cost of Respecs to Zero to allow players to adjust their stats as needed to achieve the load out that they want

Long Version:

On Thursday 8/25/11 we released the new 1.7.3 client version of Pocket Legends. This is in preparation to release the new level cap, Guilds and Nuri's Hallows Campaign. In the process of bringing over features from Star Legends (like Guilds, Deal of the Day, Premium Characters and more) part of how Star Legends items works also came over, making items only look at your base statistics, not your boosted stats, to see if you could equip it. This was an unintended change.

Given that reverting would require a new client, which would be weeks out, we opted to make the best change that we could, which included revising item stat requirements to allow equipping of items you used to be able to boost and get on. We adjusted items level 45+. In the future, we may go back and adjust lower level items as well.

Our apologies for this unintended change to items. We know that disrupting how Pocket Legends works after it has been that way for over a year is not the best. Our thanks in advance for your understanding.

EDIT
Regarding items level 45 and down, those should be revisited in a patch the week of Sept 5 to Sept 9. Thanks for your patience.

Survivorfan
08-26-2011, 03:35 PM
How come my dual spec works?

goatycoady
08-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Idk why I can't equipt mystery armor? I have plenty of str.

goatycoady
08-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Thx for the fix! It works but it doesn't make sence??? I don't have any int Amir or braver to help boost my stats, and I still can equipt my sewer's gear. O well it works! Lol

StompArtist
08-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Seems to me that both games will end up the same if the approach is to copy paste from one to another so I will ask the following: will it ever be possible to low level hybrid build in SL? Is this part of future design plan or will character progression stay linear when it comes to attribute allocation?

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 03:53 PM

Go into the screen where you apply your stats to view your base STR. If you don't have enough base STR then you can't equip it.

Whirlzap
08-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Ahh well it was fun while it lasted!
Kk, so Sam a question:
"How long will this free respec last?"

Kakatoa91
08-26-2011, 04:05 PM

Go into the screen where you apply your stats to view your base STR. If you don't have enough base STR then you can't equip it.

Mystery set are at 157 base stat set at lvl 50,
Lvl 55 are 120. This need to b adjust and lowered!!

Sam,

The dual spec for low lvl has been also been deteriotated now since we cant boost anymore. They need to b lowered too. Actually, all items I guess
My lvl 20 twink mage is 1str, 52dex, 52 int.
It cannot wear normal lvl 20 mage stuff.

Yvonnel
08-26-2011, 04:05 PM
So no hope for my low level dual spec toons?

Oh well I guess I'll make the best of it.

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Mystery set are at 157 base stat set at lvl 50,
Lvl 55 are 120. This need to b adjust and lowered!!

Sorry it looks like we missed some items.

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Looks like Mystery gear was missed with the stat changes. The design team has corrected that and the next time we update, those should be adjusted.

Regarding lower level gear, we want to evaluate this change before we change all of those lower level items. We're not forgetting you, just watching for a bit.

nmyxspaceship
08-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Sam should cyber need more int then 53 items?

AdinoEznite
08-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Regarding lower level gear, we want to evaluate this change before we change all of those lower level items. We're not forgetting you, just watching for a bit.

k thanks for letting us know...it does make some of my characters unplayable for now tho until i buy new gear

Elixir_Withdrawal
08-26-2011, 05:32 PM
You guys should really test your updates before releasing it to the public, cuz u log in to belfort and all u hear is people complaning lol. Having lvl50 item needing 115 base stat and a lvl 40 stuff needing 124+ makes no sense lol. I know you guys are working on the lower lvl stuff but PL is now upside down unless ur a pure (which u dont even know whats going on lol). Might as well just remove ANY stat boost from weapons/equipment because due to the change STAT bonuses are pointless and confusing. So like instead of having +7dex or +8str just add w/e benefit the stat boost gives but just place it as a +4 Dmg, +4 health, etc...That way we always see our constant base stat regardless of equipment.

Durnam
08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Just to clarify, when u say 45+ this DOES NOT include level 45? because my lvl 45 gear requirements didnt change (still need 142 and so on)

Kakatoa91
08-26-2011, 05:45 PM

Ok thx Sam, for the quick answer :o

csb
08-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Seems to me that both games will end up the same if the approach is to copy paste from one to another

Reusing the same code framework for different games has many benefits. The content can be very different, but use the same framework. It can be confusing to jump from one game to another, or to a newly released game, and have completely different options and movement methods. (especially when you get old and forgetful)

Also, reusing code prefects it, and reduces the number of bugs. Hopefully, this is not "copy and paste" as you say. Only noob programmers copy and paste when writing code.

Swimmingstar
08-26-2011, 05:47 PM
you also missed some level 45 items that are still 138 or 140 stat points required and is dual spec gone forever? if so i will sell my dual spec gear

Gluttony
08-26-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't dual, but may give it some thought now but the issue is that dual spec is only possible now at higher end levels, since only the gear 50+ has been revamped to reflect the changes. So basically it forces players to learn how to use a hybrid when they are above level 49, which is way too late to be learning a new aspect of the game, imo.

bronislav84
08-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Whoa so dual specing with item boosting is not possible anymore and will stay that way instead of being reverted eventually? I'm sure people are willing to wait if it means things go back to how things were before.

That said, will lowering stat requirements really still allow people to go half and half into two stats and still equip all armor?

protectorofnoobs
08-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Problems I noticed:
1. Even though you guys didnt change the stats of the lower level items, i still cant equip them (i have enough stats for it) for example i have 95 dex and shivering wing is 92 dex, but i cant equip it, etc.
2. i get the growly face icon in towne (not sure how) like when u blow up barrels in pvp

The free respecs are awesome but i wish i can actually do dual with my twinks (low level twinks) so that i can actually test out new skills

THis is gonnna be awesome buutttttttt 55 pvp is gonna totally change all birds will have str armor and a booowwwww now
mages can do same but ur hit percent is gonnnaaaa be loooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (sucks for my mage) lol

devs pls pls fix i must make use of these freeeeee respeccsssssss

actually dont lower the stats of lower lvl items pls (i dont want to buy more (str) armor for my twinks) lol (got little gold in stash btw)

OR

do lower the stats of lower lvl items cuz the end lvl items stats got lowered too (maybe in consideration for twinks

ALSO: I hope there can be an option to stop the towne and story intros bcuz im always switching out my chars for pvp
i understand it looks good to most ppl and that it doesnt take a lotta time buttttttt I rly rly need to own those guys in pvp fast

AlSO #2: Can u guys pls tell me fast whether the end lvl stats will go back to default or not (im considering making a bowbird with a lottta str armor)

protectorofnoobs
08-26-2011, 06:23 PM
kk im replyin another time cuz i edited my last one four times already
im also noticing that the elixir shining thingy also happens in townes

protectorofnoobs
08-26-2011, 06:28 PM
also the founders shield seems to be happening for twohand weapons
all the problems offf the past have returned!!!!!1

actually just for mystery bow i think

csb
08-26-2011, 07:12 PM
also the founders shield seems to be happening for twohand weapons
all the problems offf the past have returned!!!!!1

actually just for mystery bow i think

Brain-o-rater 2 handed club now shows along with vanity shield. I went hunting with it just because I liked the look. But, none of my other 2H swords or bows show the vanity shield.

Barrington
08-27-2011, 03:59 AM
you missed the vyxnaar helm of hate
and all clubs you can see vanity shield
...just sayin...

Trollee
08-27-2011, 04:11 AM
How long do these free respecs last ??!

nazgulking
08-27-2011, 04:13 AM
Until the week-end is over

Barrington
08-27-2011, 04:57 AM
best glitch ive seen lol

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/FreddE23/pocket%20legends%20stuff/pl%20glitch/Picture8.jpg http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/FreddE23/pocket%20legends%20stuff/pl%20glitch/Picture4.jpg http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/FreddE23/pocket%20legends%20stuff/pl%20glitch/Picture1.jpg

DO NOT CHANGE IT

Jsaieagle
08-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Samsam, will this be permanent?

Corpser
08-27-2011, 05:49 AM
Please remove i hate everyone wearing str armor with bow its terrible!!!!!!!!!

Ixillicus
08-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Ahh well it was fun while it lasted!
Kk, so Sam a question:
"How long will this free respec last?"

I believe it was stated another thread that the free respecs would be gone when they update the game next week with the new campaign.

Elf-Orc-Naga
08-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Short version:

Boosting stats to equip items no longer works. Items level 45 and up have had their stat requirements reduced to compensate. You can see what your base stats are by going into the interface to apply your stats:

We plan to change the client in the future to display your base stats when equipping items so it is easy to tell what you can and cannot equip.

We have set the cost of Respecs to Zero to allow players to adjust their stats as needed to achieve the load out that they want

Long Version:

On Thursday 8/25/11 we released the new 1.7.3 client version of Pocket Legends. This is in preparation to release the new level cap, Guilds and Nuri's Hallows Campaign. In the process of bringing over features from Star Legends (like Guilds, Deal of the Day, Premium Characters and more) part of how Star Legends items works also came over, making items only look at your base statistics, not your boosted stats, to see if you could equip it. This was an unintended change.

Given that reverting would require a new client, which would be weeks out, we opted to make the best change that we could, which included revising item stat requirements to allow equipping of items you used to be able to boost and get on. We adjusted items level 45+. In the future, we may go back and adjust lower level items as well.

Our apologies for this unintended change to items. We know that disrupting how Pocket Legends works after it has been that way for over a year is not the best. Our thanks in advance for your understanding.

EDIT
Looks like Mystery gear was missed with the stat changes. The design team has corrected that and the next time we update, those should be adjusted.

Thanks for the note! :) i am on my way to understand the unintended change. Still shock lol :) btw my lvl 5 mage cant wear str pink lvl 5 armor even respecing. Maybe just need time to accept it. Anyway good job for all of this :)

Riccits
08-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Just to clarify, when u say 45+ this DOES NOT include level 45? because my lvl 45 gear requirements didnt change (still need 142 and so on)

yep lvl 45 arent lowered

Register
08-27-2011, 01:11 PM
the thing is, now its not fully dual spec. Cuz now people can use a customized talon, ff shield and any other thing they want. Heck, Im even considering a TRIPLE spec and seeing if I can use a laser wand, a force rift shield and wraith leather!

EDIT: hehehehe...just remembered something....about 1 of my chars...I...win.

nazgulking
08-27-2011, 01:54 PM
best glitch ive seen lol

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/FreddE23/pocket%20legends%20stuff/pl%20glitch/Picture8.jpg http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/FreddE23/pocket%20legends%20stuff/pl%20glitch/Picture4.jpg http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/FreddE23/pocket%20legends%20stuff/pl%20glitch/Picture1.jpg

DO NOT CHANGE IT

Who said this is a glitch in the first place? :)

KingFu
08-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Please remove i hate everyone wearing str armor with bow its terrible!!!!!!!!!

If by terrible you mean OP, it isn't:p I find custom and raid much more effective as a dex bird, bear, and Mage. I think this update is great. You have to find each builds weakness and work a combo for it. PvP is starting to involve slightly more skill due to more gear variations. I still think sets are the best way to go. (IE, custom, MM, enchanted, Fort etc)

Gluttony
08-27-2011, 03:05 PM

I believe vanity items are supposed to cover up their counterpart, not be shown in addition to. There is even a note that says "overrides Helmet" when you're hovering over them. This is basically the same point as the face that vanity shields are being show in addition to weapons.

Ebalere
08-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Whoa so dual specing with item boosting is not possible anymore and will stay that way instead of being reverted eventually? I'm sure people are willing to wait if it means things go back to how things were before.

That said, will lowering stat requirements really still allow people to go half and half into two stats and still equip all armor?

If you take the 2 mins. to log on pl you will see.

I personally love this update because i have all endgame sets, and now i can tri-spec (with crown) and playing with builds with the free respecs has breathed new life into pvp and the game in general.

Custom crown, mm robe and wand, and fury shield is my current setup, and while i have no real strengths, i have absolutely no serious weakness. Nice damage, crit, hit%, armor, regen, everything. Faired well in a game of ctf as well, had some long duels, which are always funner than boom boom dead duels.

Jsaieagle
08-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Does anyone if this change would be permanent?

protectorofnoobs
08-27-2011, 08:28 PM

nazgul he was saying that he couldnt equip it -.-
and also i messed up on my previous replies
i see that boosting wont work but that means sts should lower the stats for lower lvl items in consideration of hybrid twinks (i.e. my 31 bear with shiv talon and iceberg shield)
and yea i rly need those stats lowered cuz i got 7 twinks

Barrington
08-28-2011, 08:46 AM
nazgul he was saying that he couldnt equip it -.-

actually i was saying you could still see the horns on the vyxnaar helm with the golem mask on

brian_spence_ni
08-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Hmmm, if this is permanent then at least it gives bears a much better chance in pvp. Definitely need to know if the level 55 gear stays at stats=120 because this will devalue the slightly lower level gear that previously was used to dual-spec (and will inform future thinking as to what level of gear to purchase).

Suntv
08-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Sam, you also forgot the Platinum bought items like "Dreamer's Fiery Robe".

Uhm why pollute top notch sourcecode with new experimental code? Might have been better to change new weaponry to old source code instead of throwing away a year of experience on your and our side.

Corpser
08-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Uhm why pollute top notch sourcecode with new experimental code? Might have been better to change new weaponry to old source code instead of throwing away a year of experience on your and our side.

totally agree it seems like it was accidental but it should be changed back the way it was and if you cant do that then try and remove alot of our stat points.

Elixir_Withdrawal
08-28-2011, 02:55 PM
totally agree it seems like it was accidental but it should be changed back the way it was and if you cant do that then try and remove alot of our stat points.

Yea dual spec change is a major FAIL....It only benefits higher levels, it will completely change how pvp works, i dont even wanna make a pvp account now after this. Being forced to change your stats all over again is wack...

JNass
08-29-2011, 12:24 AM
this ruined my low lvl twinks, i have 2 lvl10 dual specs and a 13 left and i cant touch anything on either because if i do ill loose them :( not even vanity items please fix :(

AdinoEznite
08-29-2011, 05:08 PM
so are the lower lvl items gonna be changed?
because a significant amount of characters still cant dual spec...

Rusalio
08-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Sam, the unintended change should be reversed. Overall its not true to PL storyline or the characters class. Pvp'er also have taken a hit and this is sort of a class of its own within the game. Pally and hybrids add uniqueness and drive special market items. Keeping change as is with future corrects turn PL more into a movie of zombies and odd balls. The bandaid is good however needs to be ripped off no matter how painful and restored as it was. Perhaps there is a revenue stream with vanity armor and/or custom costumes via plat or gold that are equivalent to premium armor being missed here. This will solve peoples free expression to look like zombies or the walking dead.

The game should remain true to its class and core with options or new opportunities stacked on like a pretty bow :)

Btw, thanks for the in game pm working thru the armor issue. It explained a lot:)

Fncrazy
08-29-2011, 08:30 PM
U guys need to fix low lvl stuff. I had my lvl 21 bird set up perfect. Now I got to buy new equip just to use this toon. Give me a pink 20 dex helm and dex leather for free and u guys can do what u want and not change. Please fix

Wilddar
08-29-2011, 08:54 PM
To tell you the truth, it didn't even know you could do this, so I guess this update is fine with me! :) I know it looks kind of funny that I didn't know this when I have been playing pocket legends for like 5 months. :)

StompArtist
08-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Reusing the same code framework for different games has many benefits. The content can be very different, but use the same framework. It can be confusing to jump from one game to another, or to a newly released game, and have completely different options and movement methods. (especially when you get old and forgetful)

Also, reusing code prefects it, and reduces the number of bugs. Hopefully, this is not "copy and paste" as you say. Only noob programmers copy and paste when writing code.

Well given the mess this was likely copy paste.

My question was about linear gameplay not the benefits of copying/reusing code. Also it is pretty clear that both games use the same engine and with recent updates seem to be brought more and more towards being identical in terms of game mechanics.

Reggin
08-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Anyone else think the new dual spec situation has some crazy potential?

I'd love to see how crazy an aoe int bear would work...

Either fury or fort helm and plate plus an mm or enchanted blast staff... 120 base str and int with the rest in dex... Mmmmm... Makes me want a bear!

Navygreen
08-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Thanks, Sam. It's fun playing around with the specs and trying different combinations. I think I found a build that I'm happy with. Thanks again!

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Anyone else think the new dual spec situation has some crazy potential?

I'd love to see how crazy an aoe int bear would work...

Either fury or fort helm and plate plus an mm or enchanted blast staff... 120 base str and int with the rest in dex... Mmmmm... Makes me want a bear!

Yeah, this new system definitely opens up a lot of opportunities :)

IMO, sets still remain superior though.

LelouchX
08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
You guys should really test your updates before releasing it to the public, cuz u log in to belfort and all u hear is people complaning lol. Having lvl50 item needing 115 base stat and a lvl 40 stuff needing 124+ makes no sense lol. I know you guys are working on the lower lvl stuff but PL is now upside down unless ur a pure (which u dont even know whats going on lol). Might as well just remove ANY stat boost from weapons/equipment because due to the change STAT bonuses are pointless and confusing. So like instead of having +7dex or +8str just add w/e benefit the stat boost gives but just place it as a +4 Dmg, +4 health, etc...That way we always see our constant base stat regardless of equipment.
i think you are being a little rough here. While it annoys me as well, not only is everyone entitled to mistakes, but if the devs here make a mistake they work their hardest to fix it quickly. This make my recent COP dual spec guide i spent hours working completely pointless now. Does this make me happy? No, but it's life. I still get to enjoy a great game, so thanks devs for always working to hard for us.

Navygreen
08-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Very true indeed ^^ :D

Samhayne
08-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Just to update this, respecs are still free and the Dev Team is still looking into the additional rebalance of all items.

3xK
08-30-2011, 04:37 PM
So... Will you change everything as it was before or will you change the stat requirements for items?

Samhayne
08-30-2011, 04:39 PM
So... Will you change everything as it was before or will you change the stat requirements for items?

Stat requirements for all items are being adjusted.

Studly
08-30-2011, 04:40 PM
How do I buy it???

Ixillicus
08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
How do I buy it???

Buy what?

AdinoEznite
08-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Stat requirements for all items are being adjusted.
hurray! i can use my characters again soon! :)

I was really hoping I didnt need to buy new armor, so thanks devs!

LelouchX
08-31-2011, 12:15 PM
How do I buy it???

Just go to your avatar page and hit the button to allocate stats. then adjust as you want and hit ok. a message will show us saying it costs 0 plat, and then hit the "buy" button. If you are still having trouble let me know and I will post screen shots when I get home from work.

Jsaieagle
09-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Just go to your avatar page and hit the button to allocate stats. then adjust as you want and hit ok. a message will show us saying it costs 0 plat, and then hit the "buy" button. If you are still having trouble let me know and I will post screen shots when I get home from work.

Yes, and it's free atm!

Samhayne
09-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Regarding items level 45 and down, those should be revisited in a patch the week of Sept 5 to Sept 9. Thanks for your patience.

AdinoEznite
09-02-2011, 04:27 PM
sweeeeet cant wait, i can finally use one of my characters again!!!!

wvhills
09-07-2011, 09:15 AM

hey sam, can you adjust vyxnaar's helm of hate also? I'm level 56 dual spec (50% str and dex) and don't have enough str to equip it.

JNass
09-08-2011, 12:33 AM
ive really needed this :( i need to be able to twink my twinks lol they miss me

kobebean
09-11-2011, 06:51 AM

Dear Samhayne,

It looks like STS has made boosting impossible for items level 45 and down, but the requirements to equip them are still the same. I have 4 characters in that level built for dual specs...none of which are playable now, yet I don't have enough plat for respecs. Please help.

Sincerely,

A player.

Gauyve
09-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Any update?

AdinoEznite
09-13-2011, 12:00 PM
please push this through STS!
let us use our characters again!

JNass
09-22-2011, 12:47 AM
and when you fix this can you make sure you cant do it really easy? as in needing all stat boosting items? ive waisted litteraly millions in gold and hundreds in plat to obtain these items. thank you.

Duped
09-22-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm pretty sure there wont be any more "boosting" JN. They just need to lower the requirements so we can equip them, that's the new MO for dual spec.

AdinoEznite
10-06-2011, 07:28 PM
please finish updating the rest of the items!

=]

Zeus
10-06-2011, 08:47 PM
There were a few things you missed. Such as the rose wand level 10. The toy man level 10 doesn't have any requirements, yet the rose wand requirements remained the same. I think it was a glitch? Please let me know? Thanks!

Heroelite
10-06-2011, 08:59 PM
There were a few things you missed. Such as the rose wand level 10. The toy man level 10 doesn't have any requirements, yet the rose wand requirements remained the same. I think it was a glitch? Please let me know? Thanks!
Not a glitch. They made an update where they lowered all pumpkin chunkers and toyman wands by like 42 int or something and thats what made that not require any int.
And pretty much all low lvl items were not changed in requirements

Barbamitsos
10-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Also no lower stats at 30 items like iceberg sets...

ivars2
10-14-2011, 01:29 PM
same to me happended

AdinoEznite
10-14-2011, 02:03 PM
pretty much the only items that were patch that were below lvl 45 and below were
i think AO items (not sure about this, they just looked lower to me i forgot what they were before) and Wyldwood items (for sure these)
to my knowledge at least

so basically you still cant dual spec properly below lvl 45