PDA

View Full Version : Took the Time to Respec 3x found best DPS

Jaysal
04-13-2010, 06:51 PM
So it looks like my next points will be in ...... drum roll Blinding shot

Heres my reasoning... Due to the glitch where your character will be sucked to the location of the mob attacking you.. Even if your plenty far away.. i dont place any trust in rooting spells or movement impairing spells at the moment.. For this reason I will continue the trend of reducing the probability that i will get hit even in close range.

RESPEC.......
So I Tried a few things. I stacked Dexterity till my hit % was at 100 then filled in the rest with Strength..

This yielded just so so dps and even with a larger health pool found taking a hit was still pretty harsh..

RESPEC.....

This time I stacked DEX till i hit 100% hit cap and then stacked Intelligence...

Again the DPS was ok however this yielded the worst survivability out of my 3 specs. Mana pool was nice to never run out but with meditation this is not of significance.

RESPEC......

10 Intelligence for a tiny mana buffer.

Dex to the ceiling..!!

This was by far the highest DPS and the best survivability due to high amount of dodge. Not to mention you'll never EVER miss your right around 200% chance to hit after Focus...

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1763/photo1lg.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/photo1lg.jpg/)

That said heres my skills - This is intended as Highest DPS possible build.

Ideal rotation is FOCUS, BRK ARMOR, BLST SHOT,

Burn Meditation every cooldown.

Thorn Wall and Thorn root as needed.

Focus 5/5
Meditation 5/5
Blast Shot 5/5
Break Armor 5/5
Blinding Shot 1/5

Evasion while a good talent is not needed between kiting and thorn wall you can almost always out run enemies.. (For the sole reason for bosses that can melee from a distance due to lag and caster bosses this may be my next few points, however a few more point in intelligence may prove necassary for this to be added to the rotation without burning through lots of mana pots.)

Avian Scream spreads out enemies which is honestly terrible for Archers as your primary dps comes from a focused blast shot on broken armor.... In which you want mobs grouped together. The spread however is minimal and i could see using this as a defensive skill LATER in the game once points aren't so precious.

Repulse shot - Again I only use Thorn Root for bosses as temporary stall so the functionality of Repulse is not needed.

Blinding shot - In the time that it takes me to worry about a bosses hit chance I can have them dead, and i already have a decent rate of dodge. This would be nice if it was all enemies but the only time I'm worried about 1 enemy is a boss ... In which case I always keep a boss running. The only exception here is caster bosses which Can be nasty So I reserve the possibility of adding this talent down the road once i have more points to spend.

Shattering Scream - This could be looked at as a buff to help the tank.. Or a spell used if you decide to bird tank.. Either way I wouldn't budget something like this so early in the game. Since this only matter if they connect and doesnt affect IF they will connect I'm not worried about this since it doesnt affect the liklihood that a caster boss will hit me.. (Caster bosses hitting you are pretty much the only thing you have to worry about as an archer so far in the game as long as your good at kiting.)

Restore - Nice for solo runs and tanking However even when soloing I rarely find myself using pots unless im up against a "caster boss" in which case the damage come in such large spikes... The slow rate of Regen from this even at 5/5 just wont save you from a death like a health pot will.

Astrauk
04-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Wait Break Armor is a AoE spell?

Jaysal
04-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Wait Break Armor is a AoE spell?

No, It's not AOE but it's one of the few actual DPS spells as opposed to Utility Spells, Buff Spells, and Defensive Spells... etc.. Tapping a maxed out 5/5 Break Armor before a blast shot can almost always yield a 1 hit kill (on your targeted mob) at lvl 25.

Leaving the surrounding mobs decently Low on HP you can pick them off while kiting and throwing up Thorn Wall.

Dizko
04-13-2010, 07:57 PM
How is the character game-play wise? Fun?

Justg
04-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Nice spec!

Jaysal
04-13-2010, 08:06 PM
I find its really fun to play ... its kind of a "glass cannon build.. Kill it before it kills you... I'm debating on stating just a little bit more STR to up my base health a bit... Not sure yet.

Evasion will probably be my next few points.. If I dont take predictably less damage then i might throw on 10-15 Str to buffer my HP just a tiny bit..

However I can solo everything but the last boss of the LVL 25 fast run dungeon..

The only reason i cant solo the last boss is because through some glitch you get pulled back on top of the boss sometimes while kiting. and 1 hit form him is 50%-75% of my health depending on if it s a crit or not..

If I'm soloing then the last boss isnt even worth it.. .From what I can tell bosses really dont have a higher probability of dropping purples. So i Just kill everythign else and reset the instances.

In a groups setup its perfect I keep my distance and blow stuff up .. I'm pretty consistently downing more mobs than the rest of my group. And since I'm in a group survivability really isnt an issue.

1 shotting things is always fun which this build is capable of at 25.

Jaysal
04-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Nice spec!

Thanks! I know this is off topic but is there any chance of adding 2-3 more spell buttons along the left hand side.. opening spell book and bumping a spell form there just isnt practical in the heat of battle and theres definitely room along the bottom for at least 1 or 2 more buttons.

Thinking most people could use bottom buttons for things like meditation restore etc.. Since these are spells you have to stand still to cast anyway you would not need your thumb on the joystick while casting these and this would make a perfect spot for those types of supplementary spells.

Jaysal
04-13-2010, 09:56 PM
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1930/photo2he.jpg (http://img194.imageshack.us/i/photo2he.jpg/)

Heres my Concept for 2 extra button slots!

nathanyc
04-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi, ive found that with dagger+shield.. max evasion+focus buff and occasional pots i can solo a whole instance including bosses myself without any problems. putting most my stats into dex and a few into str. I have found the dps and soloability much easier with a dagger+shield. It is also much faster than kiting around something which i did at first.

nathanyc
04-13-2010, 10:06 PM
i like your idea for adding 2 extra button slots :D

Jaysal
04-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks I'll try that if I ever get green wing shield/ dagger...

I do however love shooting projectiles i ithink its more fun than melee.

However I dont have any problem soloing the highest lvl dungeon. (only reason i tend to skip last boss is hes a potion burner)

I never use pots except bosses and my toon is setting at 39 DPS on my Avatar Screen and im only lvl 23

Can i Ask what your DPS is on your Avatar Screen?

nathanyc
04-13-2010, 10:18 PM
i got mine in the last instance of fathom, the dungeon. I cant recall what it dropped on because i usually have about 5+ mobs on me lol.

yea i think you can play both styles with the same build.. but u sacrifice somethings because you take up 5 skill points on evasion. I need to respec, i have useless points into that mana regen and health regen crap.

On avg for that last lvl dungeon i burn about maybe 5-10 hp pots and 5-10 mp pots

my dagger dps puts me above 80,

Jaysal
04-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I love the mana regen because i never have to buy mana pots.. but the health regen is bogus.

nathanyc
04-13-2010, 10:20 PM
it would be cool if we could use dual daggers instead of a shield.

nathanyc
04-13-2010, 10:21 PM
yea i was testing out skills and didnt put much thought into specing since the game was new, i hope we can respec later on with gold instead of itunes purchase

Jaysal
04-13-2010, 10:22 PM
indeed Yah 1.99 is a bit pricy for respec... like... if the game wasnt so mysterious and we didnt have to figure stuff out for ourselves.... like if there was a wealth of knowledge online already it would be different.. But theres not so you have to test... which is expensive.

nathanyc
04-13-2010, 10:23 PM
i usually make more than enough gold in drops to cover my expenses, so its okay. and i clear the whole instance pretty quickly.

but a lot could change in later patches, either way, this game is hella fun. The developers have done a great job. On that road to 8 million subscribers on a mobile app lol like WOW did on pc?

nathanyc
04-13-2010, 10:24 PM
well i used to play WoW.. paid about what $15 a month? i dont remember. so 1.99 isnt so bad after i think about it haha

nathanyc
04-13-2010, 10:26 PM
oh btw, theres an epic xbow in that instance as well. ive seen it from a chest while on my enchantress -_-.. ive gotten all my purple drops in that instance from the chests.. but ive only gotten staves and armors..

nathanyc
04-13-2010, 11:14 PM
i usually make more than enough gold in drops to cover my expenses, so its okay. and i clear the whole instance pretty quickly.

but a lot could change in later patches, either way, this game is hella fun. The developers have done a great job. On that road to 8 million subscribers on a mobile app lol like WOW did on pc?

Put 5/5 into mana regen skill. Now I spend only 0-2 mana pots pure run

Jaysal
04-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Put 5/5 into mana regen skill. Now I spend only 0-2 mana pots pure run

yup that sounds about right.. thats what i have..

Frank
04-14-2010, 10:53 AM
I find evasion to be a whole lot better even as a bowman as you can charge into mobs and not die from ranged damage.
Running one point in meditation and usually spend no mana pots pet run on the Bonus map in fathom.

Pure DPS wise dagger > bow because of attack rate so I usually use it to clear out all the normal monsters. Then I switch to a bow to clear out the easier bosses and a crossbow for major end boss for extended range.

Have 5 extra skill points left, how useful is break armor? Going with either that, shattering scream or blind shot simply because I get lag killed sometimes on bosses.

Jaysal
04-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Heres how i look at it... Unless your having problems surviving... Which most archers arent at all.. then pick up anything that bumps up your dps..

Applying Break Armor 5/5 while focused and doing a blast shot yields 1 hit kills to the broken target alot... Not to mention on bosses is a nice debuff that helps the entire party kill him faster. So I would say currently its worth the points.

Also I tried out the dagger/wingshield... VERY NICE!!... See.. I assumed blast shot wouldnt work unless you had a ranged weapon equipped.. But not true.. In fact I noticed ranged specials are still ranged and your weapon only affects your primary attack button.

So right now I'm rocking wingshield / sai dagger ... Auto-Crossbow..

Also.. This will probably get nerfed eventually but I'm wearing epic warrior armor.. by stating str... equipping it then respeccing leaving the armor on.

Jaysal
04-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Looks like its back to my original spec being best with the evasion nerf XD

Yourmum90
04-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Extra button is def needed but i am sure the dev's are aware of this. another thought for buttons could be to move emote's to display when hitting the chat button??

This would then free up a few slots on the left? maybe an extra 3 or so? i could draw or photoshop a pic but lazy atm

Jaysal
04-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Extra button is def needed but i am sure the dev's are aware of this. another thought for buttons could be to move emote's to display when hitting the chat button??

This would then free up a few slots on the left? maybe an extra 3 or so? i could draw or photoshop a pic but lazy atm

I already thought of that but your forgetting something.. Health/mana bars when your in party go there.

You could fit 1 in between if you moved the emote button.

Yourmum90
04-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Ahh, your right, what about 8 on the right, would be bulky but they could make an option for it??? this would allow users the toggle the increased buttons if they wish. I remember back to my WOW days i had bars, buttons and random stat type stuff everywhere in raids of 40+ people.

Do not get me wrong the idea of an extra two above is perfect but just looking for way to get 3 or at a push 4

_ck
04-16-2010, 11:18 AM
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1930/photo2he.jpg (http://img194.imageshack.us/i/photo2he.jpg/)

Heres my Concept for 2 extra button slots!

Way too close to the joystick if you ask me, I'd most definitely end up tapping the left-hand skill while controlling the game.

Jaysal
04-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Way too close to the joystick if you ask me, I'd most definitely end up tapping the left-hand skill while controlling the game.

I disagree... You never accidently tap the mote icon do you??? no and my thumb rubs over it allllll the time.. Fact is you cant hit the emote button while you have the joystick depressed... Which is why i said these two would be reserved for flat foot spells where you arent allowed to move.

Jaysal
04-17-2010, 05:51 PM
So it looks like my next points will be in ...... drum roll Blinding shot

Heres my reasoning... Due to the glitch where your character will be sucked to the location of the mob attacking you.. Even if your plenty far away.. i dont place any trust in rooting spells or movement impairing spells at the moment.. For this reason I will continue the trend of reducing the probability that i will get hit even in close range.

Current Spec.

Focus 5/5
Meditation 5/5
Blast Shot 5/5
Break Armor 5/5
Blinding Shot 1/5

Also continuing to put all points in dexterity as I am still having no survivability issues whatsoever.

Splurd
04-17-2010, 05:54 PM
I disagree... You never accidently tap the mote icon do you??? no and my thumb rubs over it allllll the time.. Fact is you cant hit the emote button while you have the joystick depressed... Which is why i said these two would be reserved for flat foot spells where you arent allowed to move.

I disagree with your disagree.

Kindly compare the distance between the emote to joystick, and your skill icon to joystick.
It is too close.
A better comparison is to find out the size of the joystick pad (ie, the circle when you press the joystick)

I do support the idea of additional skill buttons, but I simply disagree with that placement. Plus, it is very in the middle of no where. Out of place. Does not flow well.

Anyway, suggestions should go into the suggestion forum. :p

Jaysal
04-17-2010, 06:00 PM
I disagree with your disagree.

Kindly compare the distance between the emote to joystick, and your skill icon to joystick.
It is too close.
A better comparison is to find out the size of the joystick pad (ie, the circle when you press the joystick)

I do support the idea of additional skill buttons, but I simply disagree with that placement. Plus, it is very in the middle of no where. Out of place. Does not flow well.

Anyway, suggestions should go into the suggestion forum. :p

You evidently did not read my post thoroughly ... When the joystick is depressed... Sliding your finger over the emote key will not activate it.. the same would hold true for these buttons..

When i play my finger slides over the emote key all the time and does nothing.. These would work in the same way as they would be reserved for flat footed spells...

The distance between the buttons has little to no impact on gameplay... A better comparison is NOT to look at the circle that it creates after depressed... Because that is the very thing that prevents you from clicking surrounding buttons.. When the larger circle appears around the joystick it prevents the surround buttons from being clicked... I stated all this in my initial response.

I also cant possibly fathom how you think thats "out in the middle of nowhere" its in the most obvious place on the screen to add more bottons and they are along the bottom edge of the screen next to the joystick balancing out the screen. Practically every MMO out there lines the bottom of the screen with spells... ..... ...

Splurd
04-17-2010, 06:23 PM
You evidently did not read my post thoroughly ... When the joystick is depressed... Sliding your finger over the emote key will not activate it.. the same would hold true for these buttons..

When i play my finger slides over the emote key all the time and does nothing.. These would work in the same way as they would be reserved for flat footed spells...

The distance between the buttons has little to no impact on gameplay... A better comparison is NOT to look at the circle that it creates after depressed... Because that is the very thing that prevents you from clicking surrounding buttons.. When the larger circle appears around the joystick it prevents the surround buttons from being clicked... I stated all this in my initial response.

I also cant possibly fathom how you think thats "out in the middle of nowhere" its in the most obvious place on the screen to add more bottons and they are along the bottom edge of the screen next to the joystick balancing out the screen. Practically every MMO out there lines the bottom of the screen with spells... ..... ...

Firstly, I did read your post. Evidently, your assumptive skills are not as good as you perceive.

The circle is important. When you touch the edge of the circle, lets say to move up. you dont have to tap the middle, and slide up. you can straight away tap the upper part of the joystick circle.
If this larger joystick circle overlaps, or is very close to your skill buttons, the chance to accidentally press the button is relatively high.
And lastly, I say again, compare the distance. You'll find it different by a factor of 2. Which is quite considerable.

The reason why I say it is "out in the middle of nowhere" is because of the current UI layout. Currently the skill icons are on the right. To suddenly add two more in between a small slot between the map and the joystick, to me, seems strange. It will be like, separated, out of place. For example, the health potion and mana potion go together, side by side. if we placed the health potion at the bottom and the mana potion at the top near the names, wouldnt that be a strange placement? why? Because it doesnt flow. We place similar items together.

Yes, "practically every MMO out there lines the bottom of the screen with spells" but pray tell, how many mmorpgs do you know on the iPhone? I say very few. To compare the UI of a 1280x1024 screen to a 480x320 iPhone is not wise. Furthermore, the skills are already placed on the right side, so to add another skill bar at the bottom, squeezed between other icons, does not seem right.
I'm just saying, its the flow. It is like in the midst of a text of blue we have red words. It doesnt flow.

Jaysal
04-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Your information in the first full paragraph is false.

you cant just tap the top of the larger circle.. you MUST first tap the center icon before tapping the top bottom left right etc..

I have tested this.. tapping the area where the circle WILL appear if you tap the center of does NOTHING unless you first tap the center...

The placement makes PERFECT sense...

Consider this...

Theres enough buttons to keep your right thumb busy at all times..

The proposed spells for the left hand side would be flat footed spells... Meaning you cant move when casting them... THEREFORE...

It makes perfect sense to juxtapose the joystick with the flat footed spells because you must ALWAYS remove your thumb from the joystick before casting these.. THEREFORE..

You utilize the utility of a fast flat foot spell then back to moving again. It makes perfect sense.

You're mentally thinking apples with apples oranges with oranges..

When you go deeper you realize it makes sense to put flat foot spells by the joystick..

Splurd
04-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Your information in the first full paragraph is false.

you cant just tap the top of the larger circle.. you MUST first tap the center icon before tapping the top bottom left right etc..

I have tested this.. tapping the area where the circle WILL appear if you tap the center of does NOTHING unless you first tap the center...

The placement makes PERFECT sense...

Consider this...

Theres enough buttons to keep your right thumb busy at all times..

The proposed spells for the left hand side would be flat footed spells... Meaning you cant move when casting them... THEREFORE...

It makes perfect sense to juxtapose the joystick with the flat footed spells because you must ALWAYS remove your thumb from the joystick before casting these.. THEREFORE..

You utilize the utility of a fast flat foot spell then back to moving again. It makes perfect sense.

You're mentally thinking apples with apples oranges with oranges..

When you go deeper you realize it makes sense to put flat foot spells by the joystick..

No its perfectly true. I know this because I tested it to be sure before I posted.
I do not tap and slide, I tap the direction I want to go, and I move there, I do not have to slide my finger at all.
I even logged in and tested it again to be sure.

And the placement does not make perfect sense. If this is your idea of perfect, then you're really bad at design.
Also, I am not talking about what spells to put there. That is apples and oranges, and irrelevant to the topic of where to place skills. What if I do not want to put "flat footed spells" there? Hmmm?
Secondly, the fact that you have to take your thumb off adds more reason as to why its a bad design. Simply put, if I am running from a boss, I do not want to remove my thumb, stop moving, to cast a spell. No, I want to run from them and stay safely out of range, whilst spamming spells on the go. Basically, left thumb = movement, right thumb = attack, spells, etc, and it should not change.

I see that you do not really want to accept an opinion which differs from yours, so I shall not pursue this debate any further, as it is distracting from the original topic of this thread. like I said, suggestions go in the suggestion section of the forum.

Jaysal
04-17-2010, 07:00 PM
LMAO Man.. What you said is false... tapping the invisible area where the joystick appears does nothing...

Flat footed spells mean you CANT MOVE WHILE CASTING... these are the spells im saying should go there.

As with all spell slots these would be optional slots....

I dont give a **** what YOU are talking about I started the thread and I was suggesting flat footed spells only.. So your little running from boss scenario doesnt apply

I accept opinions different from my own

But only if they done lie about the way the UI currently works.

And only if they are logical and follow from previous statements

Nothing your saying makes sense... Go troll somewhere else man.

Justg
04-17-2010, 07:16 PM
You are both passionate about it, that's awesome. Please be civil to each other as well. Sometimes its best to just walk away from a disagreement.

Banned
04-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Or... FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

Jaysal
04-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Or... FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

Hence the name banned lol jk man

Jaysal
04-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Also to splurd I agree. Suggestions should go in suggestion forum. Except it wasn't a suggestion just a natural flow of discussion. If I wanted to formally suggest it iwoukd have there. Except my actual suggestion would be a rotating ui. I'll mock it up later.