PDA

View Full Version : New stat requirments for high lvl gear.. where do we go from here?

TANKKAAR
08-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok, to start I would like to say I'm happy we got dual spec working again.... but I don't think this is anything more then a temporary fix, and honestly IMO that's all it should be.
Reason #1: It now takes a min stat requirement of 115 str to equip lvl 55 hate gear & a ridiculous 120 str for Fury gear.... So why does my lvl 45 Khopesh of osiris require a total 142 base str to equip
Reason #2: I now can dual spec without any booster gear.... that's a BIG change in game and adds a whole new lvl to PVP & PVE
Reason #3: I am currently equipped with royal helm, plate(str) and sewer scarab(dex) for 25dodge, 26h/s, 6m/s, 123 armor, 97 hit%, 15 crit, and 240 damage..... really? And you thought draners was bad....hahahaha

ALL of these reasons and more make this one of the biggest game changers in the history of PL IMO and I'm not 100% convinced they are for the best. I'm not trying to flame here I would just really like some insight from a Dev as to why this decision was made and where it will take us in the future with this game?

PS, Where are you when I need you, Ellyidol...bwahahaha..... I know you could make sense of this for me :-)

Ixillicus
08-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Went and read another thread. Apparently things are going to stay this way. This is very interesting. I kinda think it's going to make things silly.

Coltona
08-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Well sam said to go back, it would require some mega update that would take too long. He also said they might change lower level items in the future to match, which would be easier.

TANKKAAR
08-26-2011, 04:57 PM
@ ixillicus: It is permanent according to my resources...lol

Yes, it is permanent.

I would say that lowering stats to low level weapons is a great start :-) I am happy in some ways like hey now I don't need boosters and because of that I don't need addititional loadout slots.... so like I sad there are some wins to this change but it is by far a HUGE game changer!

superrolltop
08-26-2011, 05:59 PM
so, to fix the game correctly would simply cost to much (ie, take to long), thus we are left to deal with it.

gotcha.....

Swimmingstar
08-26-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't know what build to choose lol wand with shield and plate and helm
or pure int or an alternating dex and int
or alternating int and str? which is best?

Zaltiar
08-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Can some clear this up for me..no lvl 15 twinks??

Ellyidol
08-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Lol Tank :p

I think for those gear that still have high stat requirements, they forgot about those. I think I remember Sam saying they forgot about some pieces.

Overall, I think this just makes dual spec-ing easier, that's all! No need for booster sets, just direct end-game to end-game sets.

The way I see it, since they removed booster sets, they indirectly added two more loadouts :D

Imacoolbirdd
08-27-2011, 07:35 PM
They said they will change liw lvl items later on

Genes
08-27-2011, 08:34 PM
The way I see it, since they removed booster sets, they indirectly added two more loadouts :D

Lol Elly, remember while asking you for duel spec advice I mentioned it would be great if there were 2 more slots for the loadouts... Well...
now we have it! Woohoo! Please please maintain as it is now sts.

CrimsonTider
08-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Elly and I talked shortly in game today as well as capturing of a few flags... Pretty much agreed this affects PVP more than PVE. MY opinion is bears have become more viable in both realms and this fixes (to some extent) what Elly has been preaching the past few weeks about increasing hit% while remaining aggro-seekers.

And I have the same setup Tank as what you posted, BUT, and I posted this somewhere else, I have a build wearing str items and can post 124 hit% with 47 crit and close to 200 dps WITHOUT buffs. It is a good day to be a bear! (And NO... I don't use talons!) :)

Ellyidol
08-27-2011, 10:52 PM
@Gene

I think it's permanent :)

@Crim

Yeah it's semi-improved. Only if bears are willing to be completely unconventional though, sets still have the same issue.

After awhile, it still seems funny :p but definitely, I think my bear set is better now than what it used to be.

I'm still gunning for a class specific change though, since this pretty much strengthened/weakened everyone, depending on how you deal with it or view it.

All hybrids, IMO, got a big upgrade because of this.

CrimsonTider
08-27-2011, 11:00 PM
I agree. A set with the benefits of the hybrid would be more desirable. I am still playing with gear setups.

Ellyidol
08-27-2011, 11:05 PM
I agree. A set with the benefits of the hybrid would be more desirable. I am still playing with gear setups.

Yeah agreed. A 'pure' bear, to me, is a dual spec anyway. A hybrid bear is exactly what im doing now, IMO. 3/1 str/dex gear or the like.

Fncrazy
08-28-2011, 10:14 PM
They need 2 increase set bonuses if this going to stay this way. Why buy a custom set for a bear when u can put a Royal helm, plate with sk bow and tank and kill like crazy.

Fncrazy
08-28-2011, 10:16 PM
I like how it works, but they need to mke sets worth owning.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 01:59 AM
They need 2 increase set bonuses if this going to stay this way. Why buy a custom set for a bear when u can put a Royal helm, plate with sk bow and tank and kill like crazy.

I like how it works, but they need to mke sets worth owning.

I think sets are still the best overall. A bear who wants the 'best' damage in the game would still opt for Custom, while having good HS and enough MS.

What the new hybrid sets offer is being able to cater to specific cases though, which seems to be more popular.

Some bears like to have the maximum dodge possible, but have a Talon at the same time. Some like to tank with a bow, but can do it better with strength armors now. There isn't THAT much of a change, general things stay the same, but this update just made it very very very easy to do, IMO.

I'd still opt to use a Fort/Custom set, but the gain I get from using that set versus the cash I can gain from selling it just isn't worth it, hence me selling my fort :p

Aperfecte
08-29-2011, 02:25 AM

I agree. Increase the set bonus.

KingFu
08-29-2011, 02:48 AM

Sets should have an advantage, but not be mad OP. Royal with SK is a good build, but I prefer custom. I feel it's still the best set for bow bear and I usually beat royal+SK bears. The dodge is intimidating, but I wouldn't say it's OP. It has weaknesses, you just have to find them, and take advantage of them:p

Fatpigwarrior
08-29-2011, 04:50 AM
They should have these settings for a month after update then BOOF gone.....

Riccits
08-29-2011, 04:57 AM
Sets should have an advantage, but not be mad OP. Royal with SK is a good build, but I prefer custom. I feel it's still the best set for bow bear and I usually beat royal+SK bears. The dodge is intimidating, but I wouldn't say it's OP. It has weaknesses, you just have to find them, and take advantage of them:p

ya its more on the "luck"-side, like drainers. if u dogde, u prolly win, if not u loose for sure, ur dmg is way lower with a tanking equip.

Ixillicus
08-29-2011, 05:41 AM
yeah, custom is still better in my opinion.

Fncrazy
08-29-2011, 06:48 AM
I think custom is better to, but for the price diff its not good enough. Increase set bonus so set doesn't lose its value.