View Full Version : How do you feel about Elixir users in your group?

Samhayne
08-26-2011, 04:42 PM
How do you feel about Elixir users in your group?

Kingofhurtz
08-26-2011, 04:43 PM
What do you mean? I dont mind them at all. Infact, they help the whole team if they use damage or armor pots. :watermelon:

Wahtevur
08-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Its ok, they paid for them out earned them through the tapjoy. Now if only we could purchase elixirs for a group that would give boosts just like buffs... *DREAMING*

AOmonsta
08-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Follow em.

themars
08-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Oh I love people who spent 2000 plat in a week buying 3* combo elixirs whole the time. They are so cool and they are rushing on there own through the sewers and I just need to try to follow them.

Love them

noneo
08-26-2011, 05:08 PM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with Elixr users. They have the right to use them however they like, and they generally make all the map runs go faster.

For those who complain about them being "dane rich folks who spend bazillions on plat... Dey took R jobzz!", anyone can get free plat from STS by simply competing or taking part in the many competitions being held on the forums every day. Many of them have plat rewards for the winners.

Now if only we could purchase elixirs for a group that would give boosts just like buffs... *DREAMING*

This would INSTANTLY bring be back to playing SL/PL religiously like I used to.

Grimtigrex
08-26-2011, 05:17 PM
I cant talk I use em (the gold ones )(it would be cool if we could purcgase all elixers with gold or plat jyst a thought ex:4x combo elixer 40plat or 400k something like that)

RickyxTan88
From time to time I hate them. You'll get the guy that runs ahead of everyone but whatever. But what I really hate is when they repeatably do a half run to level fast

coldwill
I worry about them less and appreciate their additional contribution to the group. No segregation please :)

Grimtigrex
*purchase lol tiny buttons big thumbs ;)

thugimmortal
08-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Doesn't really bother me people using elixirs in a run. They come in handy sometimes except if there's a few archers with trashcan punch lol everything dies and your not going to keep up without a speed elixir. so you end up running behind with nothing to kill lol.

csb
08-26-2011, 05:55 PM
I have only one problem with elixirs. This is that people pay real money for them, and try to get the most out of them. Of course, I would do the same.

Unfortunately, this makes the game a mad dash. Everyone has to keep up and kill as fast as possible. There is no time for deaths, so mages better be good, because the elixir guy will be really mad if he dies. Often, the elixir users will suddenly leave the group if it seems like the killing is not fast enough. In the end, it becomes a leveling session for the elixir user, and everyone else is just there to support the person trying to level fast.

Otukura
08-26-2011, 05:59 PM
I generally don't like playing with them as much.. too many of them don't know how to play. They spam skills and party wipe.

Mainly the player overall.

Swimmingstar
08-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Nothing wrong with elixirs the people who use it choose to spend on them.

KhaosAngel
08-26-2011, 06:30 PM
I like to use the 2x armor and damage:angel: I like to group with others using elix as well-for boss runs-makes real quick work of the stage=more chances for good loot:emmersed:

Kossi
08-26-2011, 06:50 PM
i love it when ppl spend all their money so i can get through the runs faster.. theres no way im spending my **** for runs

Kraze
08-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Eh I won't buy em but I won't stop somebody else from using em

Aikiebo
08-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Elixirs help out groups a great deal. All the players benefit at least a bit, even if they themselves were not the one to be using them. It speeds up the action bit too, if u like that.

Pandamoni
08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
I don't like running sewers with potted players because at this point I'm just farming kills on my mage and I don't get many kills when I'm running behind someone who's killing everything in their way before I can get there.

martin.montera1
08-26-2011, 09:22 PM
How do you feel about Exliri users? Nice question. If someone uses Exliri ( combo type) then I buy exp Exliri lol to level up faster with them. I never boot players using any Exliri (combo or non combo type) so that their gold or platinum is not wasted and in hoping that no one boots me while using Exliri ;^)

csb
08-26-2011, 09:58 PM
How do you feel about Exliri users? Nice question. If someone uses Exliri ( combo type) then I buy exp Exliri lol to level up faster with them. I never boot players using any Exliri (combo or non combo type) so that their gold or platinum is not wasted and in hoping that no one boots me while using Exliri ;^)

I wouldn't boot anyone or even complain. I just don't enjoy the game as much if i'm rushed.

JaytB
08-26-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't mind anybody taking any kind of elix really. With that being said, I know some people who do mind others taking dmg pots though. Most of the people who care about their kills, hate the fact that the dmg potter 'steals' their kills.

Ellyidol
08-26-2011, 10:13 PM
I see the elixirs alone as positive. I mean, if I join a public game or host an open game then my goal should be aligned with the groups goal, to farm or level.

If I really want to kill farm, I'd make a locked game or elixir up myself.

More than the elixirs, it's the attitude IMO (like any other aspect of the game).

Arterra
08-26-2011, 10:45 PM
since any group with a forumer in it is likely to just rock and roll (including me heh) i really dont care as much. it is nice to have somebody with some trash can elixers clearing for you and taking boss aggro, but since we can do just fine (exception of shadow cave) it doesnt really matter.,

LADYHADASSA
08-26-2011, 11:35 PM
I dont mine elixers i use them on occasion myself, when they where purchased with gold i bought them all the time, they helped the group or helped when short a player. With the very small options left for elixers for gold, i do not see them used as often.

The Flash
08-27-2011, 02:19 AM
I dont mind people using it and use it alot while getting to 56 however you guys should make a plat elixer combo for max lv player(no xp elixer) to save a little plat. Oh off topic, sam i was going to buy 2000 plat for the new update coming up(only got 300 left) and was wondering if you can split them between pl and sl(1k a game). Thanks sam

Ps. You guys should have a 5k plat for $150 or something in that line to save money.

Zaltiar
08-27-2011, 02:41 AM
I dont mind people using it and use it alot while getting to 56 however you guys should make a plat elixer combo for max lv player(no xp elixer) to save a little plat. Oh off topic, sam i was going to buy 2000 plat for the new update coming up(only got 300 left) and was wondering if you can split them between pl and sl(1k a game). Thanks sam

Ps. You guys should have a 5k plat for $150 or something in that line to save money.

They won't be able to split plat between games, there's already been a discussion bout it. Hopefully u haven't bought it yet

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

WhoIsThis
08-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Its ok, they paid for them out earned them through the tapjoy. Now if only we could purchase elixirs for a group that would give boosts just like buffs... *DREAMING*

What would happen if someone didn't want to buy? There'd be a ton of pressure to buy in for people.

davidis57
08-27-2011, 03:02 AM
I don't mind elixers as long as a group doesn't boot cause I won't spend Platt or gold for them. This should be a personal option only. Not everyone wants to spend loads of real money to play a game.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

The Flash
08-27-2011, 06:27 AM

They won't be able to split plat between games, there's already been a discussion bout it. Hopefully u haven't bought it yet

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I know plat is game specific but i could of sworn sam said you can split it or maybe they will make it possible in future(something like that). Doesnt matter il just buy 2k for each i guess.

pastrychef
08-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Hate the people who use damage elixirs to steal kills. The ones who use the combo are worst. Everyone just ends up chasing after them. I did a few runs where two people use combo elixirs and managed to run through several sewer maps without ever having to use a skill or press the attack button until we reached the boss. What's the point?? Where's the fun in that??

Register
08-27-2011, 03:54 PM
I prefer not. Its fine if its like xp pot or a gold combo pot because its not total annhilation. But when mages are using 40 plat elixirs, I really hate it. Every time I see one with it, they would run up ahead of the tank(s) and kill everything before the others even get in the room. Id like to participate in the fight as well.

/my_thoughts

Arterra
08-27-2011, 04:21 PM
What would happen if someone didn't want to buy? There'd be a ton of pressure to buy in for people.

that used to happen, even in sewers, until they got rid of normal pots for gold. then we all cooled down a bit lol

brian_spence_ni
08-27-2011, 05:33 PM
As long as the host makes clear the nature of a run (xp etc) from the outset when someone joins, I don't see the problem. They're great at speeding up xp gain and boss kills and that's great imo.

kinawarrior
08-28-2011, 11:56 AM
I kill so fast with trash can elixer that other people in the group that have a trash can elixer on also can't even keep up, so I understand others concerns.

However, being that I paid real money for an elixer thta ony lasts 30 minutes or an hour, you better believer i am not waiting for you. Couple that with the fact that I don't really need you in the group until the boss, and that is just so he dies faster, that means I am not waiting either.

I see many people leave when I'm elixered up, and I figure it is for the reasons mentioned on these posts. No feelings hurt, I understand. For others, they see it as free xp and laid back gameplay, which is fine with me also, just as long as they help the boss kill go faster.

3x or 4x elixer with a custom set on a bear is hard to beat, pull in 20 mobs, stomp, all dead, keep runnin, never, ever stop :)

starside
08-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Love elixirs... its the Pl steroid of choice. Get the juice man :-) They just need to last longer when u buy with gold. And plz remember if running with a team stay with said team the juice wears off at worst times.
Ign- Starside lvl 51

im4broke
08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Just my two cents...Love em to death! Drugged up birds...just have to anticipate where they will be when slowed down by the mobs, then I try to help keep her/him upright so I do not die also.

Nourish
08-29-2011, 04:34 PM
I cant talk I use em (the gold ones )(it would be cool if we could purcgase all elixers with gold or plat jyst a thought ex:4x combo elixer 40plat or 400k something like that)

Omg no no no no no... Think of all the gold that would go away in the PL economy.

Duped
08-29-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm not overly concerned with them in and of themselves, because in the end its clear STS makes a boat load of cash off of them. It does stink for some of the hard core players who care about stats and using skills and actually using strategy, because (IMO) a decent majority of the people who use them alot lack those skills that make for GOOD players. Irony is that apart from xp gain from the elixir, a 4x potted player with a group trailing behind him and a group of five good players will clear with the same speed from my experience.

Navygreen
08-30-2011, 10:06 AM
I generally don't like playing with them as much.. too many of them don't know how to play. They spam skills and party wipe.

Mainly the player overall.

can I ask what u mean by spam skills and party wipes?

There's something wrong with spamming your skills? Aren't you supposed to use your skills as much as possible? Especially as a pure enchantress?

I dont have a problem with elixrs. I've used them on a few occasions.. They're cool with me :)

WhoIsThis
08-30-2011, 04:54 PM
that used to happen, even in sewers, until they got rid of normal pots for gold. then we all cooled down a bit lol

That is true - at 1,500 a pop, it wasn't a lot of money for many people. Nowadays though, it's rarer.

But I do recall people getting booted for refusing to pot up.

ZAurbanSQWRL
08-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Dear sam i cant post a thread on the forums for some reason and i slready deleted and update, please help!

Cahaun
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
I dont mine elixers i use them on occasion myself, when they where purchased with gold i bought them all the time, they helped the group or helped when short a player. With the very small options left for elixers for gold, i do not see them used as often.
I miss those elixers for gold. The list now is small.

Cahaun
09-05-2011, 07:42 PM

Omg no no no no no... Think of all the gold that would go away in the PL economy.
Protect the economy!

Heroelite
09-06-2011, 02:42 PM
lol u spelled elixir wrong 6 times