PDA

View Full Version : sonicboom

XghostzX
08-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey i just reached lvl25 and i'm looking over the guides. How come people don't put points in to sonic boom? it offers good damage.

Zbooo
08-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Engineers are more support/healing class, and people don't usually care about damage.

GigaBits
08-26-2011, 08:09 PM
My main reason not to use it? 30 sec cooldown, too long imo. Maybe later when they raise lvl cap it could be a good "holy crap!" Skill but right now I don't see a high value, check out both of kamikazees builds ATLAS and ATTACK. His logic and reasoning are sound for not choosing this skill

Flowman
08-26-2011, 08:29 PM
recharge too long, damage not as good as transference, doesn't have any buffs/debuffs/healing/other effects.

XghostzX
08-26-2011, 10:14 PM
What if pvp were to come out?

noneo
08-27-2011, 06:27 AM
recharge too long, damage not as good as transference

30 sec cooldown, too long imo.

↑ This ↑

WhoIsThis
08-31-2011, 10:30 AM
What if pvp were to come out?

Barring a rebalance or a buff for engineers, we are target practice.

chasinchad
09-02-2011, 02:54 PM
I am getting sonic boom. I don't care about the cool down. I always root for the under dogs.

drewcapu
09-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I always root for the under dogs.

...until those dogs have come out of the ground and killed you for aggroing them

Breadkeeper
09-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Barring a rebalance or a buff for engineers, we are target practice.

Disagree. But if thats going to be your excuse for dieing so be it. :)

Its fair to say that a pvp engineer will be specd a whole lot different from a pve spec, but thats normal in most games.

But i dont see a engi being useless in pvp. I guess its all in how you think you will play your char.

Blind
09-03-2011, 04:33 AM
For some reason i think commandos will own in pvp due to knockdown skills. One knockdown and operative is done lol.

Junside
09-04-2011, 02:14 AM
Damage isn't amazing I wouldn't waste any precious skill points.in it. It only reaches farther with each upgrade

Necrobane
09-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I have 1 point in it, I plan on adding more when I respec to remove that armour buff. Then cd doesn't bother me too much, as I find myself only using it maybe 3-4 times during a Guardian run, when you get 10ish mobs at once. I hate to use transference then just stand there atuo attacking haha. I realise that engis are a
support build, but our heals are HOTs, and since they're all instant cast theres a lot of time to make your mark on the battlefield ;)

noneo
09-04-2011, 09:23 AM
For some reason i think commandos will own in pvp due to knockdown skills. One knockdown and operative is done lol.

Engineer's → Pain (wait 2.5 seconds), cast Suppression (3 seconds), recast Pain = Infinite Stun (given they don't dodge).
While they are in Pain, cast Transference, Leech, Sonic Boom/Wither, Wait for suppression to finish, cast pain again (this will also allow your skills to cool-down).
In addition to casting Force Shield/Protection/Revive before entering.

Engineer's → Win.