PDA

View Full Version : Armor stats don't add up?

Flowman
08-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Found this rather peculiar and annoying. But here I am equipping Sergeant helmet, chest, and back with Sandstorm legs and arms. For this example I'm using the legs. The Sergeant legs show that if I equip them, I get +1 hit, +10 health, and +30 mana. So I bought them (and the arms) for 10 plat each. Equipped them...and noticed that I didn't get all I was promised lol. This is just the legs, I'm still equipping the arms.

Here is what I was told would happen.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3661/skillfail.png

And here is what actually happened.
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/905/skillfail2.png

I only got 4 health, 27 mana, and 0 hit. Of course, all the negatives were subtracted fine.

Yes, I am aware that each point in strength gives +1 health. Therefore, the missing 6 health is from the missing 6 strength. However, for players who don't know that, this is misleading. It says you're getting +10 health. You should get +10 health. You shouldn't get +10 health minus a hidden 6 health because of the missing strength levels.

Consider changing it to read the ACTUAL differences in stats, and not what happens before hidden math is done?

apoceq
08-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Hmm that doesnt seem right. TTT. Devs?

Otukura
08-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Does Sandstorm stuff add attribute bonuses too? (haven't played since beta, I wouldn't know, but it would answer that question if it was PL)

Flowman
08-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Does Sandstorm stuff add attribute bonuses too? (haven't played since beta, I wouldn't know, but it would answer that question if it was PL)
Do you mean set bonuses? Because I'm not wearing anything sandstorm other than the legs at that time.

I had plat helm, chest, arms and back with sandstorm legs for testing purposes.

IBNobody
09-26-2011, 02:54 PM
I am going to +1 this thread.

To summarize what Flow is complaining about, the game cannot handle a double-layered stat change when showing item previews. It doesn't understand that adding/subtracting STR/DEX/INT changes your other stats further.

This is annoying! Can't we change the preview displays to reflect the final stat outcome?

Flip
09-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback! +1 DKP for including screenshots =) I'll see about getting this fixed up.

BodMaster
09-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback! +1 DKP for including screenshots =) I'll see about getting this fixed up.

You rock Flip! Me and IBNobody are ripping our hair out with this.

bronislav84
09-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Always been this way. Hopefully they fix it finally. Neither game reflects stat changes from adding or subtracting str/dex/int. Your str got subtracted so your final stats were lower than promised.

BodMaster
09-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Always been this way. Hopefully they fix it finally. Neither game reflects stat changes from adding or subtracting str/dex/int. Your str got subtracted so your final stats were lower than promised.

Yup I trust in Flips words :D

Working out the stats for Custom without the additional stats from Main Str/Dex/Int.