PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE find a way to move the movement joystick below emotes on iPad layout

shannong
08-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Really, the joystick button is too damn high on the iPad. Seriously, it's the worst part of your entire UI and no, you don't ever really adapt well to it. It's a terrible spot for it on the iPad. Why not swap it with the largely useless (and needlessly huge) emote panel?

The problems with the currently placement are twofold, and they're HUGE problems:

1. You have to set the iPad down on a desk or your lap to play and brace your left hand on some surface outside the iPad itself so that you can reach and control the button with your index finger. There is no way to comfortably hold the iPad at an angle or in the air with both hands to play. I know the placement is no problem in this regard for a smartphone form factor, but for the iPad it's just terrible that it forces only two such playing positions.

2. It sits too close to players 4 and/or 5 in a team. I'm constantly hitting one of the player status bars and opening the player's detail window in the middle of fights. It certainly sucks as an Engineer to have teammates die because of a fumble like this in the UI.

This is the number one "ick" factor about the game. Please change this in Pocket Legends too.

LADYHADASSA
08-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Really, the joystick button is too damn high on the iPad. Seriously, it's the worst part of your entire UI and no, you don't ever really adapt well to it. It's a terrible spot for it on the iPad. Why not swap it with the largely useless (and needlessly huge) emote panel?

The problems with the currently placement are twofold, and they're HUGE problems:

1. You have to set the iPad down on a desk or your lap to play and brace your left hand on some surface outside the iPad itself so that you can reach and control the button with your index finger. There is no way to comfortably hold the iPad at an angle or in the air with both hands to play. I know the placement is no problem in this regard for a smartphone form factor, but for the iPad it's just terrible that it forces only two such playing positions.

2. It sits too close to players 4 and/or 5 in a team. I'm constantly hitting one of the player status bars and opening the player's detail window in the middle of fights. It certainly sucks as an Engineer to have teammates die because of a fumble like this in the UI.

This is the number one "ick" factor about the game. Please change this in Pocket Legends too.

to solve problem one an i pad case helps a lot in holding the devise

on the second issue I AGREE this is very frustrating. it drives me crazy hitting player 4-5 screens, in either game

on sl i can see for i pad users emotes are useless in game, it took me a few min to figure out where the controller was

Pandamoni
08-28-2011, 11:45 AM
This is actually one of the main reasons why I NEVER play on my iPad. It's so much easier on my eyes but I just can't adapt with the placement of the joystick.

superglut2
08-29-2011, 04:06 PM
its horrible.

krazii
08-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Agreed. I suggest they allow the joystick to be moved to the users preference or give us like 5 preset positions to choose from.

Kraz

Walt Sherman
08-30-2011, 04:38 PM
+1, I dont like it either. And with its current location it makes my Fling joystick useless since the bottom suction cup ends up over the home button. :blue:

angeldawn
08-30-2011, 04:47 PM
OMG!!!! I completely agree! I am always slipping on the players and I'm afraid I'll boot by accident because of it.

Also, in SL I cant use joy stick if my emoticons is open. Huge pain!