PDA

View Full Version : Warbird vs Pure dex

Silentarrow
08-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Which should I use?!!!!??? ;).

NECROREAPER
08-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Depends, what style of play do you like or what role in the party are you trying to fulfill?

Trollee
08-28-2011, 04:23 AM
I'm feeling the exact same indecisiveness with my toon, but I think I reached a decision. I took advantage of the free respecs this weekend and played around a little... I tried the warbird, but decided that I didnt like it.. YES, the ability to tank is quite convenient, but the lack of taunt and beckon makes the warbird completely obsolete compared to a bear IMO. I have played from level 1 with pure dex and have formed the habits of kiting and having good reflexes to spontaneously spam pots when i get caught out and so I am leaving my bird at pure dex, so it can do what birds do best. >.<

Gluttony
08-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Are you trying to do full STR like a FF set or are you trying to just add points into STR but still use DEX gear (which I was told isn't actually a warbird)? I would suggest getting your hands on all the sets that you may possibly use and just test everything out with a few normal runs with the same solid team (solo produces better results imo). Record your results and make a choice before the weekend is over.

Fatpigwarrior
08-28-2011, 04:46 AM
Dual like me, Talon/str shield
Or str armor and bow :)

CrimsonTider
08-28-2011, 07:56 AM
It's all a matter of personal opinion and playstyle preference. I have a warbird and a pure dex bird, both at 56, and I use them both for different things. Trust me (and my main is a bear) a bird, even pure dex, can tank as well. All it takes is a little practice to learn how to "round up" the mobs. Good luck deciding!

mike1298
08-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Or you can go dual with 120 strength and the rest dex. Then you can switch between both.
Well won't be pure dex, but can still be a tank or a damage dealer. Or now a mix of bout.

Otukura
08-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Best of both worlds:

120 str, 159 dex. Ff helm, ff/royal plate. Choose a recurve, I like underlings/drainers.

brian_spence_ni
08-28-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm with Otukura. I do miss beckon when tanking with either of my dual specs (bird and enchantress) but really that's about all. War birds look to be the future to me in pvp (and pve possibly) or pallys in pve. I will be curious to see the feedback from pvp re: warbirds vs dexbirds, and all curious to see if STS fix the whole level 120 stats for 55 gear - just seems a quick patch on the mistake of carrying over SL codes in the last update.

Cytokinesis
08-28-2011, 12:42 PM
I find pure dex birds hard to kill (unless i get like 5 crits in a row) and warbirds are fairly easy u just have to kite them.

Silentarrow
08-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm probably going to use str helm and armor and a bow.