PDA

View Full Version : More Skill depth - Choose your Cool-Down/Mana Usage

noneo
08-27-2011, 08:48 AM
I was thinking of a way to add some depth and variability between one another in terms of skills. Right now, there are essentially a few "Best" builds for each class, and not a whole lot of variation between each person's build aside from a point here and there. I feel a great way to add depth to character builds would be to have the option of specifying your Cool-Down time, and your Mana usage for each skill. Let me explain further.

Let's say that I just unlocked a new skill; Protection. Now, I have also earned a point to add to any of my learned skills including the new protection one. When I place a point into protection for the first time, my idea would allow you to choose between two "versions" of the skill. First version, you could choose the skill having a longer cool down, and a lesser mana usage. i.e. If the skill has a nominal value of 15 energy and a 10 second cool down, you could change it to 6 energy and a 30 second cool down. Alternatively, you could choose a shorter cool down and a larger mana usage. I.e. choosing 30 energy and a 6 second cool-down.

I believe this will allow players to perfect, hone in, and create truly original skill builds and add a much greater depth to PvE, twinking, and PVP (Especially).

What do you guys think?