PDA

View Full Version : Avian builds post 1.7.3

Gluttony
08-27-2011, 11:55 AM
I think we're all playing with our builds; I mean I was content with being having a pure build until this weekend and now my world has changed. I wasn't sure if I should put this in pvp or here, but I wanted to give my fellow Avians a head start before the Dexbears get their hands on this information. In a nutshell if you play with your gear a bit there is a way to surpass even the Custom set crit bonus. Proof Custom set on the left for comparason*:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2505/img0929v1.png http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7428/img0931v1.png

I'm not sure if it's glitched or what, but I'm fairly positive that the crit wasn't that high before the patch. Guess this is just random information now, but I'd like to know if anyone else has found anything out of the ordinary like this in the renovation of their toons. I don't know what STS has in store for the future, but I'd like to know if these stats are here to stay before the weekend so I can choose my final build. Maybe I'll just leave the points unspent after Sunday until further notice.

*All pictures in this thread come included with Founders' Helm 5 damage, 5 armor and Champion's Fine Platinum Band 2& crit, 10 damage.

Ellyidol
08-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Hmm!

From the base damage alone, it's a Talon.

Unless there's a glitch, the only way to get that 4 MS is through a set bonus I think.

Can't be custom talon since there's no HS.

Which leaves an RR Talon Set? :D

KingFu
08-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Hmm!

From the base damage alone, it's a Talon.

Unless there's a glitch, the only way to get that 4 MS is through a set bonus I think.

Can't be custom talon since there's no HS.

Which leaves an RR Talon Set? :D

Can't be str gear due to his str being at 120:p

CrimsonTider
08-27-2011, 12:39 PM
I have a set which uses str gear (not releasing build, :)) that has a 47 crit unbuffed and around 124 hit. I can get armor up to 135-140. This is has been fun!!

TANKKAAR
08-27-2011, 01:03 PM
They are right?? Title says as a warbird but at a 120 str you don't have any str gear equipped since boosting no longer works? The 4 m/s can be explained by using 2 pcs of gutter tho :-)

TANKKAAR
08-27-2011, 02:34 PM
They, as in they're, as in Myst who made the original call out of you having no str items equipped.... and yes its cool you can match the crit of custom but the price you pay in other stats doesn't make it worth it IMO. Also I have to say its arguable as to weather you can call it a "warbird" with only 118 armor and not a single str piece equipped.... to me its just a dex bird with some str .....lol ... but that's just me :-) but again that high of a crit and no custom is cool!

KingFu
08-27-2011, 02:44 PM
They are right?? Title says as a warbird but at a 120 str you don't have any str gear equipped since boosting no longer works? The 4 m/s can be explained by using 2 pcs of gutter tho :-)

When I first saw it I was thinking underling talon + ring that gives 1 MS + bagman/raid/custom. But crit didn't come out right:p

Tamino
09-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Something strange. I mirrored your main stats with Custom set and 10 DMG/2 Crit ring, and all secondary stats match, but I achieve only 273 DPS and 88 Armor against your 279/92. I checked with new stat faces, but nothing can justify such a difference. Someone has any idea?

Gluttony
09-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Something strange. I mirrored your main stats with Custom set and 10 DMG/2 Crit ring, and all secondary stats match, but I achieve only 273 DPS and 88 Armor against your 279/92. I checked with new stat faces, but nothing can justify such a difference. Someone has any idea?

Founders' Helm is 5 damage, 5 armor; also those screenshot were before the faces added stats.

Tamino
09-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Founders' Helm is 5 damage, 5 armor; also those screenshot were before the faces added stats.

Thanks! This explains the difference, and makes me fiercely angry :mad: