PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Underpowerd

Astrauk
04-13-2010, 07:06 PM
I think the warrior is a bit underpowerd, unless the final two skills are like impossibly good buffs. But maybe the two handed weapons like 2H Sword or a War Hammer should do AoE damage, like allowing you to hit three targets at once or something. Also I think Strength should effect the Warriors health and damage by more to make it more of a tank. As is, the Archer can do better at tanking with the Evasion skill at full then the Warrior.

Flamin
04-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I agree. The Warrior is definantly underpowered

Buvet
04-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Like all RPGs, the warrior is really good for the first ten levels, then slides behind the other classes. Right now it is unable to tank at high levels without support of healing enchantresses or a crap load of potions.

Deathshock
04-13-2010, 07:56 PM
I agree with the part about adding more for strength

Tehone
04-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Disagree. I've seen the warrior hit multiple 30s with a 2 handed at level 9. The warrior might need some sort of defense boost, but that's it. To all of the warriors out there, increase your dex. The more critical % u can do and how fast you can deal out is major. The warrior is just one of those classes that has to be used. Right

Jaysal
04-13-2010, 09:39 PM
I agree with OP... Warriors are EXTREMELY underpowered... I had to supply my war with $$ for potions constantly...

My archer and chantress... Are rich and rarely ever have to pop potions..

Astrauk
04-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Disagree. I've seen the warrior hit multiple 30s with a 2 handed at level 9. The warrior might need some sort of defense boost, but that's it. To all of the warriors out there, increase your dex. The more critical % u can do and how fast you can deal out is major. The warrior is just one of those classes that has to be used. Right

Yeah, Warriors are pretty good for the first 10 levels, but when they get up to the higher levels the Archers who specialize in Dexterity have pretty much the same amount of attack but can hit like 3 times as fast. So the Warrior is obviously supposed to be slower, but he's also supposed to hit a lot, and I do mean a lot harder with melee than an Archer, as it is, an Archer with a Sai, can out damage any Warrior no matter what weapon they are using pretty much because the Warrior doesn't do that much more damage, and the Archer hits really fast.

Buvet
04-13-2010, 09:55 PM

You're right that the warrior needs to be played right, but one has to remember that str needs to be kept up with item reqs. My dex is about one third of my str right now, which is very close to the maximum str I need for my equipment. Also, although two handed weapons do tons of damage, a one handed weapon that is only one level higher and does the same dps, as well as having the added bonus of being able to use a shield. While I can take on small groups all at once, it severely taxes both health and mana, which in turn drains the money supply. I'm not sure what the best way to fix this is, perhaps if the warrior skills cost less mana they would be able to be put in use much more efectively.

doot
04-14-2010, 04:41 AM
Like all RPGs, the warrior is really good for the first ten levels, then slides behind the other classes. Right now it is unable to tank at high levels without support of healing enchantresses or a crap load of potions.

With the ease of leveling from 1-10 in this game, your first point is fairly irrelevant. No hate, just supporting your point that Warriors are unappealing in their current state.

This is silly. You imply that a warrior requires a certain build plan and proper application to be effective. It's a warrior! It should be the most mindlessly fun class just as it's been since the beginning of rpg time. My warrior stopped at 20, and my 25 enchantress and archer easily get the most play whether it's solo or in groups. Warriors should easily dole out more damage when specced with a ton of strength. They should be able to tank more effectively than a sai-wielding bird. And Buvet brings up a great point about the items requirements (which I'm not a fan of). The store items we've gotten a peek at assume that we've already pumped points into our respective stat. Why should a warrior have to spread himself thin to be effective (and thereby missing out on quality item usage)?

If my archer can max dex and my mage can max int and they can both solo mobs more effectively than my warrior because he had to more carefully allocate his stat points... well, that's just craziness.

I hardly drink pots with my archer and enchantress. My warrior chugs them like the local barfly.

diesel
04-14-2010, 09:35 AM
With the ease of leveling from 1-10 in this game, your first point is fairly irrelevant. No hate, just supporting your point that Warriors are unappealing in their current state.

This is silly. You imply that a warrior requires a certain build plan and proper application to be effective. It's a warrior! It should be the most mindlessly fun class just as it's been since the beginning of rpg time. My warrior stopped at 20, and my 25 enchantress and archer easily get the most play whether it's solo or in groups. Warriors should easily dole out more damage when specced with a ton of strength. They should be able to tank more effectively than a sai-wielding bird. And Buvet brings up a great point about the items requirements (which I'm not a fan of). The store items we've gotten a peek at assume that we've already pumped points into our respective stat. Why should a warrior have to spread himself thin to be effective (and thereby missing out on quality item usage)?

If my archer can max dex and my mage can max int and they can both solo mobs more effectively than my warrior because he had to more carefully allocate his stat points... well, that's just craziness.

I hardly drink pots with my archer and enchantress. My warrior chugs them like the local barfly.

Doot, well stated. I posted on this yesterday in a separate thread. There is no question about it, the warrior is grossly underpowered and the relationship between the warrior vs the other two classes is ridiculously unbalanced. The warrior sucks as a tank and as a dps class. As mentioned by others, the archer functions better as a tank and as a dps class. Additionally, as pointed out by others, archers only need to dump points into dex, and enchantresses into int, however given the weird fact that the devs saw fit to have dex contribute more to damage than strength, warriors basically need to split points between str and dex in some kind of ratio to maintain some semblence of effectiveness. All points into str, doesn't add a worthy defense advantage and seriously cripples the warriors ability to dish out damage, and too many points into dex, and the warrior suddenly finds himself unable to equip any of the higher level warrior weapons. As it stands, warrior is a frustrating experience and the most useless class in any party.

FeralDruid
04-14-2010, 01:08 PM
I have to disagree with the OP here. I think much of what is being said here can be interpreted with not being specced/geared for the way they want to play the class.

DPS comes with the sacrifice of tanking ability. Tanking comes with the sacrifice of DPS effectiveness. Warriors have skills to increase threat, crit percentage, as well as hp regen to mitigate the side effects of either spec.

Watch a PvP Warrior in WoW with amazing DPS/Crits try to tank End Game, the group will wipe on the first pull. Contrary, watch a Tank Warrior try to PvP and laugh as he gets owned by the classes they are designed to be hard counters for. In both cases, the Warriors are specced and geared for the way they want to play, and that is very much the case here in PL in a general sense.

Jaysal
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM
I have to disagree with the OP here. I think much of what is being said here can be interpreted with not being specced/geared for the way they want to play the class.

DPS comes with the sacrifice of tanking ability. Tanking comes with the sacrifice of DPS effectiveness. Warriors have skills to increase threat, crit percentage, as well as hp regen to mitigate the side effects of either spec.

Watch a PvP Warrior in WoW with amazing DPS/Crits try to tank End Game, the group will wipe on the first pull. Contrary, watch a Tank Warrior try to PvP and laugh as he gets owned by the classes they are designed to be hard counters for. In both cases, the Warriors are specced and geared for the way they want to play, and that is very much the case here in PL in a general sense.

Ive played wow for 5 years and I'm a tank in the top guild on my server.. My reason for stating this is I'm pretty knowledgeable in HOW to stat a toon..

While your statement about wow is correct it sadly doesnt apply.. Even with stating and skilling for tank you still take so much damage your popping pots left and right...

Even with proper skilling and stating for DPS your just not hitting anywhere NEAR as hard as an archer or chantress..

LVL 25 BEAR
LVL 25 CHANTRESS
LVL 25 ARCHER

My archer plows through mobs.. Hardly ever uses pots and can 1 shot non elites most of the time..

diesel
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM

Your point here and in my other post is that someone who plays a warrior has to "decide" whether to tank or do dps. That is understood and clear, but you clearly miss the point of this whole discussion. That point being, that the warrior is underpowered compared to the other 2 classes, especially the archer. The archer DOES NOT have to be specced for tank or dps...........just by plowing all stats into Dex, the archer is able to be both if the player so chooses, whereas that's clearly not the case for the warrior. There is a definite advantage to being a non warrior and anyone playing a warrior would understand the frustration of playing one in this game.

By the way, hop over to the pocket legends thread on touch arcade, they've all come to the same conclusion as well, that the archer is way overpowered and can function as a better more effective tank than the warrior without giving up dps ability, the enchantress is about right or slightly overpowered, and warrior is grossly underpowered and sucks as a tank or even a dps charater. i.e. classes are not balanced out currently.