PDA

View Full Version : one thing....

Eyesharp
08-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Every time i join a random party they expecct me to lead!Im and engineer and theres a commando and they expecct me to tank.Im not sure if any engineer likes this but it annoys me they still expect me not to die.Anyone else have stuff like this happen to them?

kamikazees
08-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Yep. Good groups need a good leader. Be glad they are looking to you! It's most fun, though, when it happens and you're playing as an Operative!

Eyesharp
08-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Lol :) IM A GROUP LEADER!!lol

peacemaster
08-27-2011, 05:20 PM
yea... pretty much every random group... that is why I usually make my own run and kick commandos who do nothing... If he is not doing anything, he might as well be gone.

piyoni1
09-05-2011, 06:41 AM
yeap the same issue happens to me a lot..
so i become a tank and also a healer lol..

also i do not like players running and making circles all the time..they look like chickens that trying to eat seed around.. it is very simple just stop and stick together.. u got healing all the time.. i really do not understand.. i wish commandos will be real commandos/tanks not just standing back or running chickens..

Shadowie
09-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Happen to me all the time when i m playing my ops. Kinda mad over that so i make a tank. My commando is currently lvl 18 and i always tank in delta map. Guess what? I met up many lvl 20-22 commando and they hide in the back, expect me to tank! What a joke! Guess the majority of the players lvl up without actually knowing how to play their own roles! :(

kamikazees
09-05-2011, 08:02 AM
also i do not like players running and making circles all the time...
These people are probably kiting, which is an excellent way of avoiding melee enemies. Of course, some do just run around for no reason, but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt!

piyoni1
09-05-2011, 08:49 AM
if there is a eng. in the party they do not have to kite. they sometimes could not heal when they are spinning around because they are out of range. so they die while trying to avoid dmg because there is not a healing hand....

imo tanks dont have to worry about avoiding dmg.. just think about that tank as the name implies thay are tanks. they have to deal dmg. their role is standing like a rock not kiting like a child... they have to trust the engineers that always trying to spam heal behind them

Finally, healing all the time is the best way than trying to avoid dmg.

kamikazees
09-05-2011, 09:26 AM
if there is a eng. in the party they do not have to kite.
There are enemies that will kill you even with a good engie. Vular on Numa Prime, for instance, can kill you even with Empathy active. And in several places there are large mobs of burrowers that will wipe the entire party if they stand still. And not all engies are good, and not all characters are tanks. Surely you would not tell an Operative to "tank it out" when being attacked next to an engie who is too distracted by [insert distraction here] and forgets to use Empathy. Really, I would not tell people to stop kiting.

piyoni1
09-05-2011, 09:47 AM
ok it is going to turn a never lasting story :)
anyway just one question do opp or com kite while facing guardian? the answer is simple "no"
u can use just same strategy while facing vular ;) and i know really good opps that can play the tanking role..besides i also tank LOL

this is just my opinion..i wont tell anybody run or not to run. i just say "stick together pls"..
this is my key word..after that i have not got much to do..player do what he wants for fun that is the fact..fun is everything the rest is nothing for games. :)

shannong
09-05-2011, 11:18 AM
There are enemies that will kill you even with a good engie. Vular on Numa Prime, for instance, can kill you even with Empathy active. And in several places there are large mobs of burrowers that will wipe the entire party if they stand still. And not all engies are good, and not all characters are tanks. Surely you would not tell an Operative to "tank it out" when being attacked next to an engie who is too distracted by [insert distraction here] and forgets to use Empathy. Really, I would not tell people to stop kiting.

This. Kiting as a commando is a strong and useful tactic not only for survival, but also for conserving your power use. And you can swing over by the healers when you need a little something your 6 Vigor can't give you by itself. Punktat's commando build is the business. End of story. I do guardian runs at level 22 without using a single health or power pot (and not dying). And I tank for the party just fine.

kamikazees
09-05-2011, 02:10 PM
anyway just one question do opp or com kite while facing guardian? the answer is simple "no"
Fighting Guardian is a different game altogether, for two reasons. One, he uses ranged attacks. Kiting ranged enemies is useless unless the character's attacks outrange the enemy (and ours do not outrage Guardian). Second, because there is no way to escape his attacks, it is important to be close enough to him so that Transferrence can heal a character. In contrast, you can escape a Vular's attacks. So the question is whether you would rather stand there and hope the healer heals you, or not be there in the first place. I am impressed by those who can choose the former and survive, but as for me, I stay alive longer with the latter.