PDA

View Full Version : Please help a newb - what is the Engy insta-hate guy in CyCorp Prod Development (3)?

shannong
08-27-2011, 03:01 PM
So up through level 9-ish everything is rosy with my Engy. I have 4 points in Empathy now. I heal my team. The quest sequence takes me to Cycorp Level 3 (Product Development) and suddenly there's one type of eenemy in nearly every mob who instantly aggros me and only me, even if I've never shot at him. One Empathy and BAM this guy is on me like white on rice and can kill me in one or two hits. No amount of Commando taunt on my team seems to do jack to pull this guy off me or keep him off me.

Is this normal? Are there more insta-priest hate mobs throughout the higher levels of the game? How do you deal with this guy? Do you just let your teammates die and not cast Empathy until he's dead?

Zbooo
08-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Well all of the heals that the engineer possesses cause aggro on us, what you need to do is let the commando go in first, taunt then you'll be able to heal safely and cause minimal aggro.

shannong
08-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Well all of the heals that the engineer possesses cause aggro on us, what you need to do is let the commando go in first, taunt then you'll be able to heal safely and cause minimal aggro.

Thanks. So.... PUG team with no commando or a commando who seems clueless: I join a different game. Got it. ^.^

peacemaster
08-27-2011, 05:23 PM
yea, afraid that it doesn't get any better even at 26. Apart for you being able to take quite a beating (read: you will tank the bosses) at 26 before you drop...

MikeMinotaur
08-27-2011, 08:51 PM
I've noticed dropping Empathy just before enemy contact helps. Which is how a HoT should be used anyway IMO.

Teddyache
08-28-2011, 12:14 AM
I've noticed dropping Empathy just before enemy contact helps. Which is how a HoT should be used anyway IMO.

I agree. Also, you can ask your team to target that insta-priest (nice nickname) first if you feel you need to do that. I think part of the problem may be that having empathy at level 4 when your toon is level 9 is high relative to the baddies you are facing and your teammates ability levels, so it grabs the aggro. I remember dying a lot in the beta when trying to solo that level so it was probably that same guy. I think the devs feel that they don't want solo play in some levels so that is probably intentional.

Zbooo
08-28-2011, 12:33 AM

I agree. Also, you can ask your team to target that insta-priest (nice nickname) first if you feel you need to do that. I think part of the problem may be that having empathy at level 4 when your toon is level 9 is high relative to the baddies you are facing and your teammates ability levels, so it grabs the aggro. I remember dying a lot in the beta when trying to solo that level so it was probably that same guy. I think the devs feel that they don't want solo play in some levels so that is probably intentional.

Not really true, first skill I maxed was Empathy when I started beta.... It's just people are leading how to play with classes along with the skills mechanics... Aggro problems get a bit worse after you maxed out Empathy and Transference (AoE Damage/Super Heal).... Just because you'll pull 3x aggro... But I'm pretty sure you'll be able to manage it :))

Raulur
08-28-2011, 12:46 AM
I think theres some sort of bug with engineer aggro. I can be standing afk, and a teamate will aggro a big group. Then teamate runs back to me expecting heals... When the group gets to me, EVERYTHING but the one being shot by the teamate instantly aggros on the engineer. Even if the engineer has not done anything yet.

Experienced engineers should go start a new engineer... it is rediculouly hard being a lower level engineer now, especially in the Cycorps maps.

Zbooo
08-28-2011, 12:59 AM
I think theres some sort of bug with engineer aggro. I can be standing afk, and a teamate will aggro a big group. Then teamate runs back to me expecting heals... When the group gets to me, EVERYTHING but the one being shot by the teamate instantly aggros on the engineer. Even if the engineer has not done anything yet.

Experienced engineers should go start a new engineer... it is rediculouly hard being a lower level engineer now, especially in the Cycorps maps.

That problem is easily solved..... Tell him to taunt, not to run and pull the mobs.

Raulur
08-28-2011, 04:56 AM
So what do you do when the taunt does nothing then, mr smart guy? The point is that something is not right. Cycorps is MUCH MUCH harder now then it was in beta. I'm talking miner type hard... things come running from all directions. Don't believe me? Go try it out with a level appropriate engineer.

It's not bad with 3 plus engineers, but thats because each only gets a third of the aggro. If you are the only eng, it gets crazy.