PDA

View Full Version : I need help killing Miner McGuirk in Delta 7...

Register
08-27-2011, 03:41 PM
My goal is to get my first character, RoyalCommando, to level 26 while completing all the quests along the way. So far, the hardest one for me to complete is the one where I gotta kill Miner McGuirk. Its the final quest I need for Delta 7. Then I can get to leveling to enter Numa Prime and do those quests. So can anybody help me kill him? I think I know how to kill him already. Dont attack. Just kite like hell. Right? Because his rock attack hurts him. I really only need 1 or 2 engineers to rev and heal while I kite like a noob. So can somebody plz help me? Thanks.

ThisGuy0502
08-27-2011, 03:48 PM
You got the kiting and dont shoot part right but if you dont wanna die as fast shoot some of the squids but make sur you target them and not the barrels... add me my IGN is thisguy... ill help when i can :p

BodMaster
08-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Have you done this now?

Will help if you still need add me BodMasta or my Engi BodMastSNR :D

Register
08-27-2011, 04:28 PM
I still need help lol. Ill add you now and try again....well just see if we can join a premade game thats empy or something...

Breadkeeper
08-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Sent a request. Maybe your logged off.

Register
08-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Thnx to everybody to helped! Now I can get started on Numa quests!

KingFu
08-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Thnx to everybody to helped! Now I can get started on Numa quests!

Gratz. And thanks, will help me to known the future:D

BodMaster
08-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Gratz!! What was your ig name? Couldn't find Register lol

Redbridge
08-28-2011, 07:05 AM
I'm at his point also, and struggling.

So to be clear, you basically kite him, don't fire (apart from on the odd manually targeted alien bug), heal and spam pots where required, and he will just kill himself? Is that about right or have I missed something?

BodMaster
08-28-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm at his point also, and struggling.

So to be clear, you basically kite him, don't fire (apart from on the odd manually targeted alien bug), heal and spam pots where required, and he will just kill himself? Is that about right or have I missed something?

Nope that's spot on.. :) if your a commando this can be done quite easily.. when he stops he hits a/few barrels which breaks the un-hatched eggs can shoot what ever come out but never shoot if they are close to the glowing barrel.. when he stops and trips or stamps in a hissy fit because he can't catch you.. you need to stop until he gets back up then he will charge at you at this point you try to dodge or build up your defence so that you don't waste much stim.. if possible have a few engi in hand to heal when this happens as if miner hits you head on can deal quite a large amount of dmg plus will hit you to the floor so it takes a while before you can get back up and do the same thing about 6 or more times n then miner kills themselves.. fun haha

Good luck bro :D

McBain
08-31-2011, 02:25 AM
I'm stuck on this guy too. Frustratingly, we had him almost dead one time, and someone in the party, either by accident or by stupidity, ran away from the area and McGuirk followed, which of course made him heal back to full strength. I just about threw my phone out the window.

Uepauke
09-01-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm stuck on this guy too. Frustratingly, we had him almost dead one time, and someone in the party, either by accident or by stupidity, ran away from the area and McGuirk followed, which of course made him heal back to full strength. I just about threw my phone out the window.

I did something equally stupid! Dropped into a game, where a couple of people had died and respawned. I knew you don't have to attack at all, but hit autotarget by accident as we was approaching the room, shot a hatchling and got aggro. Miner came at me and reset. Apologies all--to the person that left, we finished it :D

whynotwi
09-07-2011, 05:19 AM
yesterday we tried to kill him fpr about one hour. Also i was in a random group the 5 guys tried it a lot of times and stayed together as group. We didn't shoot, just ran around. But again and again he killed one after the other. I could'nt revive as much as partymembers went down :concern:
I'm an Engi at lvl 18. Is there a chance to kill him alone ? So he will just be focused to me. But sometimes i got stuck, couldn't run, although he was on the opposite side of the field. Is there something like "glue" i have to avoid ? Or does he spread "fear", so i can't run anymore ?!

sickside
09-07-2011, 05:44 AM
You need at least 3 engineers

themars
09-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Anyone needs help with him?

whynotwi
09-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Hmm... in my pause (my boss was off for an hour :tan: ) i just tried it again. Not really successful :upset:

i try to keep me away from him. I revive whenever possible, i heal when a wounded member passes me or i can get to him. But again and again i have no long life in the circle. What do i have to avoid ? Where is the best place for an engineer ? I feel like a "most stupid user" more and more as i don't manage to finish this level ! :upset:

Honeypot
09-07-2011, 07:02 AM
you need a good tank in your party to take aggro and you'll be fine - add honey if u like

themars
09-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Hmm... in my pause (my boss was off for an hour :tan: ) i just tried it again. Not really successful :upset:

i try to keep me away from him. I revive whenever possible, i heal when a wounded member passes me or i can get to him. But again and again i have no long life in the circle. What do i have to avoid ? Where is the best place for an engineer ? I feel like a "most stupid user" more and more as i don't manage to finish this level ! :upset:

What's ur ign?

BodMaster
09-07-2011, 07:39 AM

Bro you should of give me a msg I would of helped you there and then :)) (never catch you ig)

Add my main BodMasta if you want help with this still :)

whynotwi
09-07-2011, 07:56 AM
ign = InGameName ? same as my nick in the forum

thanks to all. When i start a new try i will contact you. It can't be that this damn miner upsets me on and on...

Honeypot
09-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Ich habe Dich mit meiner Honey geadded. Lass uns wissen, wenn Du Hilfe brauchst :)

themars
09-07-2011, 08:10 AM
I solo him bro don't worry I kill him ;)
Add theseus my eng will fix your problem ;)

BodMaster
09-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Ich habe Dich mit meiner Honey geadded. Lass uns wissen, wenn Du Hilfe brauchst :)

You can help me if you want Honey :p finish this sentence.. <3 bark bark <3

missleopard
09-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Is anyone still giving out help for this quest? I've been trying for weeks, and still no dice :( I would love to complete this!!

whynotwi
09-08-2011, 01:16 AM
He Guys, thanks to all who helped me downing this d**n miner.

But i wonder how "normal" user at lvl 18 should kill this beast. Or does specetimesstudios plan to higher the amount of players per group to 50 ?!... :applause:

Honeypot
09-08-2011, 01:26 AM

Happy to help :)

sickside
09-08-2011, 03:55 AM
Anyone needs the help of an engineer add cetera then you will just need to find two more engineers to beat miner

BodMaster
09-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Is anyone still giving out help for this quest? I've been trying for weeks, and still no dice :( I would love to complete this!!

As said to whynotwi, if this still needs to be completed add BodMasta, Honey or Mars, either one of us will be more than happy to help :D

But i wonder how "normal" user at lvl 18 should kill this beast. Or does specetimesstudios plan to higher the amount of players per group to 50 ?!... :applause:

Alot of the Beta guys including myself were solo'n miner at lvl 20-21 all classes but mostly com, so this is possible maybe after a few more levels are gained :)

lonepainter
09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
This will be the boss that will make me quit the game

LegalShet
09-12-2011, 01:19 PM
lol im level 26 and i havent even went back to this quest I guess ill get to that now o.o

Killerade
09-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Ok my gin is killerade I just started like 3days ago and I'm only lvl 17 commando right now. I can't get past the miner though :( like I've done it with at least 12 groups and the closest I've been was half way then someone will accidentally screw it up and causes everyone to give up. I know it's frustrating but can someone please help me with it? I dont wanna randomly add someone of the people who posted before me coz they might think that I'm just someone who wants to add s bunch of people.

BodMaster
09-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Ok my gin is killerade I just started like 3days ago and I'm only lvl 17 commando right now. I can't get past the miner though :( like I've done it with at least 12 groups and the closest I've been was half way then someone will accidentally screw it up and causes everyone to give up. I know it's frustrating but can someone please help me with it? I dont wanna randomly add someone of the people who posted before me coz they might think that I'm just someone who wants to add s bunch of people.

Add BodMasta, be a plesure, have helped alot with this in past/present and quite experienced in this, i'l even go as far as I can guarantee that I will be able to complete this in one go :)

CanonicalKoi
09-27-2011, 11:32 AM
If you'd like some Op help, add Rauen. :) And I can verify Bod's claims--he is a beast when it comes to the Miner.

Dexmann
09-29-2011, 10:04 AM
sorry if this was already mentioned, but i didnt see it posted. The barrels are the only thing that can help you kill him (besides him killing himself) when he runs by a barrel you shoot the barrel and it will stun him saying over his head "electric dischagrge" or something like that. if you need help killing him you can add me too, dexmann, i can solo him aswell

IBNobody
09-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm surprised nobody has made a video of how to beat him.

Acyer
09-29-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm surprised nobody has made a video of how to beat him.

Its not hard just kite him and let him kill himself.

IBNobody
09-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Its not hard just kite him and let himself.

Not without using pots every time he stuns you...

MimeRifle
09-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Right, I use 20 or so pots each time. Aside from that mcquirk is a cupcake! You hear that mcquirk?!? You're ugly and you smell bad!!! :-P

BodMaster
09-29-2011, 12:35 PM

Its possible to do without even easier now with (tank) com custom.. but if he does happen to charge you hit mass def just before impact.. get up and do it again.. when kiting make sure that you stop when gets damaged.. and straight after he gets in the charge pose make a runner and he tries charging but fails and goes back to normal kiting again then.. hard to pull off if haven't practiced but it is.possible.:)

Acyer
09-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Well ofcourse cant depend on engineer heals all the time.

MimeRifle
09-29-2011, 12:53 PM
You can of I am there :-D

IBNobody
09-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Its possible to do without even easier now with (tank) com custom.. but if he does happen to charge you hit mass def just before impact.. get up and do it again.. when kiting make sure that you stop when gets damaged.. and straight after he gets in the charge pose make a runner and he tries charging but fails and goes back to normal kiting again then.. hard to pull off if haven't practiced but it is.possible.:)

So the only options are:
1. Potion use (for Engineers & Commandos)
2. Excessive overleveling / overgearing

That's too bad, actually.

I'd like to see a team of lv20's tackle him without excessive deaths or pot use. A video of that would be a good tutorial on beating him.

BodMaster
09-29-2011, 02:14 PM
So the only options are:
1. Potion use (for Engineers & Commandos)
2. Excessive overleveling / overgearing

That's too bad, actually.

I'd like to see a team of lv20's tackle him without excessive deaths or pot use. A video of that would be a good tutorial on beating him.

If you would like to see a team id do something like.. 1 com 3 engi 1 op

Com kites as normal Engi stay in distance healing only when Com gets hit by miner (if unsuccessfully fails to dodge or bypass miners charge) and Op takes out squid (not barrels until) then barrels, when miner gets close to a barrel (away from others) to deal extra damage and repeat :)

Only used custom as an example is possible to do this at 21 Com as well :) (stim are essential as a back up can easily go all wrong and all it takes is a few secs)

Wish I could make a Vid on this got an alt around that level /:

CanonicalKoi
09-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Hmmm....should someone or several someones want to try it with a group of 20's, give me a shout. I should have a char or two (maybe three!) around that level. :) May try soloing him on a 20 to see how many pots I wind up using. Hmmm.....

MimeRifle
09-29-2011, 02:41 PM
It seems it is nearly impossible to anticipate his charges. I see him getting ready to run, and start getting away, and he ends up taking me out anyhow. *slurps health stim* Bartender, I'll have another!!

CanonicalKoi
09-29-2011, 07:48 PM
No 20, but I've got an 18 Op and that's right at the midpoint for the Asteroid area. I'm guessing 30 pots soloing, maybe? Hmmm....

BodMaster
09-30-2011, 02:23 AM
No 20, but I've got an 18 Op and that's right at the midpoint for the Asteroid area. I'm guessing 30 pots soloing, maybe? Hmmm....

16 Engi lol.. id say Level 18 Op and you controlling them... 50+ :p

Nah seriously if you put your mind to it then id say? 20.. pressures on now :D

CanonicalKoi
09-30-2011, 06:37 AM
16 Engi lol.. id say Level 18 Op and you controlling them... 50+ :p

*looks at Bod. looks at flashguns. looks at Bod again, thoughtfully.*

Nah seriously if you put your mind to it then id say? 20.. pressures on now :D

(You had pizza again, didn't you? :p ) Seriously? I think 30's low even if I can consistently fake him out when he charges. Guess I'll find out. :D

BodMaster
09-30-2011, 08:06 AM
*looks at Bod. looks at flashguns. looks at Bod again, thoughtfully.*

(You had pizza again, didn't you? :p ) Seriously? I think 30's low even if I can consistently fake him out when he charges. Guess I'll find out. :D

ROFL!

Since your soooo uber thought id add a little challenge side into it.. :p

CanonicalKoi
09-30-2011, 08:17 AM
ROFL!

Since your soooo uber thought id add a little challenge side into it.. :p

"Uber"? Me? Are you exhibiting any other signs of a concussion? :p

MimeRifle
09-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Lol! How many fingers am I holding up??

BodMaster
09-30-2011, 09:23 AM
7?????

"Uber"? Me? Are you exhibiting any other signs of a concussion? :p

She's just being modest guys.. ;)

MimeRifle
09-30-2011, 09:34 AM
7?????

Correct. You're fine!

CanonicalKoi
09-30-2011, 10:44 AM
7?????

She's just being modest guys.. ;)

Okay, it's definitely a relapse of the man-flu. Lay back and let me feel your forehead.

BodMaster
09-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Correct. You're fine!

Wise Canon.. Mime says im fine tho :p

starsavior
09-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Hardest boss ever.

CanonicalKoi
09-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Wise Canon.. Mime says im fine tho :p

Pfft. I didn't see an "MD" after his name (although, Mimerifle, MD does have a lovely ring to it).

MimeRifle
09-30-2011, 08:59 PM
My bill is in the mail. That should clear things up!

MimeRifle MD, Esq.

CanonicalKoi
09-30-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm sure that Bod will be swift in paying his bills and include a suitable tip. "Esq."? You're a lawyer as well? O.O

CanonicalKoi, PDQ

MimeRifle
10-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm sure that Bod will be swift in paying his bills and include a suitable tip. "Esq."? You're a lawyer as well? O.O

CanonicalKoi, PDQ

Lol, yes. I represent myself in malpractice cases. Saves a ton of money... You know what they call the person who graduated last in their class in medical school? Doctor. Word to the wise... ;-)

IBNobody
10-01-2011, 11:36 PM
I snagged a signed concept art copy of Miner today. I jokingly said that I would put him on my dart board.

CanonicalKoi
10-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Mime, I *really* need to run with you. :D

How was the BBQ???!???

MimeRifle
10-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Mime, I *really* need to run with you. :D

How was the BBQ???!???

You're on ck! The most frantic virtual BBQ I've ever attended (though it's also the only one!). That fashion droid must know how the Beatles felt when they arrived in the US... Got myself a very dapper chef hat out of the deal! :D

CanonicalKoi
10-02-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm sure the chef hat is stunning. Stunning, I tell you! I am about to add you on Rauen and Chedaka. We shall have to sally forth and make mayhem at some point. :D

MimeRifle
10-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Excellent! I'm all about sallyin' forth! (and mayhem, heck, that's a given!)